Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Prophet

Colorful Waffles

Official Announcement: Shadows of Africa Closing

Note that everything should be updated on the shops main page and title shortly.

Shop: Closed Effective Immediately
Shop Guild: Will remain Open / Available
Shop Discord: Will remain Open / Available
New pets will no longer be created.

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/aVRKUbhgzy

As most of you may be aware the shop has become quieter than normal and so the news, while sad, may not come as a shock. Shadows of Africa’s time as a breedable and changeable shop has come to an end.

Shadows of Africa has become a home to many throughout the years. So with that in mind the Guild on Gaiaonline, and the Discord Server will remain operational, but not regularly monitored.

Questions that are posed in the Discord / on Gaiaonline shall be listed below, for the purposes of reducing the number of questions asked. This will help to reduce delays as well. If you have a question that you are not comfortable asking publicly you are welcome to Private Message the shop mule on Gaia. Please do not DM the staff on Discord, this will help to keep things organized.

We encourage you to continue to use the Discord Server to talk about the history we all share, the characters you’ve built, and the friends you have made. While no new characters will be formally created, that doesn’t mean that the story has to end. Everyone who has stepped through the virtual doors and entered the world that is SoA knows just how special the journey we’ve made has been. Please cherish that, if nothing else.

FAQ

What does this mean overall?

A list of outstanding items will be made and reviewed to determine if they can be completed. Specific items will be prioritized over others depending on how they were achieved (paid for with even Gaia currency versus free for example).

No new pets will be created. The art will not be made available to the public, so please do not ask for it.

Will Shadows of Africa reopen at a future date?

At this time there is no plan to reopen the shop at a future date.

LOLTERGEIST's Waifu

Winter Wolf

Das Tor's Significant Otter

Shadowy Celebrant

R I P and R I P

Sparkly Fairy

Mega Gaian

... OH. Getting a lion was one of the big goals I never achieved as a kid and when I returned to Gaia I thought maybe I should see if they're still around. What a coincidence that I peeked into the BC subforum at the right time to see the shop close. (to be fair I had the last three years to start lurking and put it at the bottom of my project list, my own fault for dragging my feet)

I seriously hope everything stays well archived, this shop is a crucial piece history. Maybe people should compile old roleplays and back them up to personal blogs or Archive Of Our Own or something.  How different would online pet and adoptables be today without the foundation laid out by OG Gaia shops like this? Rest in peace SoA I'll always love you longingly from across the street.

EDIT: I got gifted a pair of lions, I'm melting and churning, in a positive way, kindness is a perfect crystal in the shape of two lions and when I look at them all my teeth and bones regenerate to a perfect condition

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Rest in Peace this amazing shop where I met so many amazing people.

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

The overdue SS should now be open. If there is any problems please pm me here or on discord.

Cheri's Queen

Shy Mage

I'm going to cherish this fellow -- my last SoA pet ever. ;0; Thank you so much for the beauty.

User Image

And thanks for the memories, SoA. I was never great at sticking around, but I loved all the pets I won and was gifted over the years. This was and will always be a special place.

heart
MegaRose
... OH. Getting a lion was one of the big goals I never achieved as a kid and when I returned to Gaia I thought maybe I should see if they're still around. What a coincidence that I peeked into the BC subforum at the right time to see the shop close. (to be fair I had the last three years to start lurking and put it at the bottom of my project list, my own fault for dragging my feet)

I seriously hope everything stays well archived, this shop is a crucial piece history. Maybe people should compile old roleplays and back them up to personal blogs or Archive Of Our Own or something.  How different would online pet and adoptables be today without the foundation laid out by OG Gaia shops like this? Rest in peace SoA I'll always love you longingly from across the street.

EDIT: I got gifted a pair of lions, I'm melting and churning, in a positive way, kindness is a perfect crystal in the shape of two lions and when I look at them all my teeth and bones regenerate to a perfect condition

I understand this feeling, I had a really old Gaia account a few years ago but never got into adopts/breedables back then. Now I'm in one shop on here and one that has its own website and I wish I found this place when it was still active

The art is so nice and Lion King was always one of my favorite movies ever as a kid (and still is, as an adult)

I'm glad you got gifted a couple of lions that is amazing! Just wanted to say, I understand where you're coming from with the regrets of not being here sooner <3

nessiaing's Spouse

Divine Star

I've gotten this question a few times, so I will post an update here!

Certs are still being done!

• All certs that have been posted are completed.
  • Individual certing threads have been closed, however.
  • If you have a cert request, please post in Misc. Requests
  • All future certs will be dropped off in the Misc. Drop Offs

LOLTERGEIST's Waifu

Winter Wolf

Uta
I'm going to cherish this fellow -- my last SoA pet ever. ;0; Thank you so much for the beauty.

User Image

And thanks for the memories, SoA. I was never great at sticking around, but I loved all the pets I won and was gifted over the years. This was and will always be a special place.

heart

Ooooooo he turned out great

Fashionable Bear

Thanks for the many years of fun heart

LOLTERGEIST's Waifu

Winter Wolf

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers