Welcome to Gaia! ::

Steampunk Re-Opening Meta Event in May?!

Heck yes! : D 0.21739130434783 21.7% [ 5 ]
Steampunky goodness. <3 0.26086956521739 26.1% [ 6 ]
I was into Steampunk before it was Steampunk. >.> 0.1304347826087 13.0% [ 3 ]
Wait, what's steampunk again? O.o 0.043478260869565 4.3% [ 1 ]
Nah I just want the Pokemon Event after that. >: p 0.34782608695652 34.8% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 23 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 308 309 310 > >> >>> »|

User Image

Welcome to ★★ Puella Magi: A Magical Dream ★★ a place where magical girls and boys are born.

"Protect the one thing you want to protect until the end." - Kyoko

Welcome ★ Navigation ★ Newswire ★ Rules ★ FAQ ★ Story ★ World Info ★ NPCs ★ Stages ★ Familiars ★ Breeding ★ Customs ★ Hiring ★ Credits ★ Links In/Out ★

User Image
User Image

★ Navigation ★

First Page - Basic Shop Information

★ Welcome
★ Navigation
★ Newswire
★ Rules
★ FAQ
★ Story
★ World Information
★ NPCs
★ Stages
★ Familiars
★ Breeding
★ Customs
★ Hiring
★ Credits
★ Links In/Out

Second Page - Event Information

★ General Event Information
★ Event Navigation
★ Auctions
★ Raffles
★ Flaffles/Flatsales
★ Contests

"If you ever feel like dying to help the universe, just let me know. I'll be waiting." - Kyubey

★ Welcome ★ Navigation ★ Newswire ★ Rules ★ FAQ ★ Story ★ World Info ★ NPCs ★ Stages ★ Familiars ★ Breeding ★ Customs ★ Hiring ★ Credits ★ Links In/Out ★

User Image
User Image

★ Newswire ★

4/22/2013 Announcement on page 280 for Clockwork Glass: A Meta and re-opening event in May. Sign-ups are located here.
3/22/2013 Another small announcement, please welcome discoqueen as our new full time rp/meta/plot/thread/random stuff manager!
3/8/2013 Small announcenet, we now have two new artists and are still hiring more! Please welcome: NETmuffin as a full time artist and dark_iced_angel as a guest artist.
3/2/2013 New hiatus update - Pg 259 -- Re-Opening date shooting for early May.
10/21/2012 Please see the official temp. hiatus announcement on page 253.
9/22/2012 Halloween CYOA - Murder Mystery sign-ups are now open! Check it out here.
9/6/2012 Customs and Breedings are open for the month of September. Please see the announcement on page 195 for more details.
8/22/2012 HUGE announcement on page 165. : 3 Welcome to X Moon Fighter X who is a new staff artist! <3
8/19/2012 The opening event was a huge success! Thanks to everyone who participated. : D <3 I hope to see you all for the Halloween event!
8/13/2012 Made changes to RP requirements and growth requirements.
8/2/2012 Halloween Event question posted on page 76 and added up as a new poll. Also added up the Olympic Game.
8/1/2012 Opening Event is now OPEN!
7/24/2012 Opening Event Previews for all the events is officially up on page 2. The events start next Wednesday August 1st at Noon PST! I hope to see you all there.
7/12/2012 Opening Event Preview up on page 32, check it out!
7/7/2012 Country Birthdays a Mini-pre-opening event is now CLOSED! Thanks everyone for a great event. The official opening event will be soon so keep your eyes open.
7/1/2012 Country Birthdays a Mini-pre-opening event is now OPEN! See page 2 for more details.
6/28/2012 New shop is up and getting ready for the pre-mini-opening event. B/C I/T here.
6/27/2012 Canada preview added along with a question on page 23. They'll be alongside America.
6/24/2012 Added a new topic to the guild called Events Ideas/Suggestions.
6/23/2012 Congrats to Raspberry(Soda) for winning a semi-custom in our advertising contest. Mini-pre-opening auction previews for AMERICA - Red, White, and Blue a 4th of July mini-event are available on page 22.
6/21/2012 Updated the color chart and added a new concept called Orbs to reward activity in the shop. Orbs!
6/19/2012 All growths complete and certs updated.
6/18/2012 Started working on growings -- Katarina Maris finished and Destiny Brianna 3/4s complete. Familiar sketches/samples available for feedback on page 17. Also updated the FAQ to talk about RP length requirements.
6/9/2012 Added an advertising contest with several semi-customs up for grabs! Pg 2
6/8/2012 The guild is basically ready to go. A little more work needed on the battle system and world information. Feedback loved. : 3
6/5/2012 Cert samples on page 11. Feedback wanted.
6/4/2012 Set up banners and switched everything to the B/C I/T.
6/3/2012 Did all the basic HTML coding for the B/C I/T and later the shop.
5/31/2012 Started to set-up the B/C I/T

"Even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side." - Madoka

★ Welcome ★ Navigation ★ Newswire ★ Rules ★ FAQ ★ Story ★ World Info ★ NPCs ★ Stages ★ Familiars ★ Breeding ★ Customs ★ Hiring ★ Credits ★ Links In/Out ★

User Image
User Image

★ Rules ★

General Rules

★ Follow Gaia’s terms of service
★ Be polite and respectful in the thread. What the staff says is the word and shall not be argued against.
★ Read everything and make sure you understand it. If you have questions, feel free to ask in the thread or toss one of the staff members a private message.
★ Do NOT steal the artwork here. It is copyrighted to the original creators, the owners, and this shop.
★ No drama llamas allowed. If you have a beef with someone, take it to private messages. If you think the staff should be involved, private message one of us about it and we’ll see what we can do.
★ These pets are not role play required, but they won’t grow unless you're active around the thread. You need to stop by the thread at least once a week. If we don’t see you for three weeks we hold the right to re-home your character unless you inform us beforehand. If something is going on in real life, I understand, private message us so we can understand as well.

Basic Role playing Rules

★ We follow the Daisy Code and you should too.
★ Make sure you understand the plot, the characters, and what is going on. You can’t roleplay without having a journal and following the directions.
★ Literacy is a must. Make sure you spell and grammar check each post at the guild, in your journal, and here at the shop.
★ Intelligence is a must. Don’t be stupid.
★ You may roleplay in the shop thread.

More Thorough Roleplaying Rules and Journal Rules are located in the Guild.

"Even though I've lost my way, I will save you....." - Homura

User Image
User Image

★ FAQ ★

FAQ

Basic Pricing

★ FS Puella Magis will be 5K each. Raffle tickets cost 100 gold each. Auctions start at 5K with a min. increase of 1K until 15K and then a min. increase of 5K up until 100K and then a min. increase of 10K beyond. AB will vary.

Oh my goodness I want to be Madoka from the show!
★ Sorry, but that can't happen. All show Puella Magis are NPCs at this shop.

NPCs, dang. D; Can I use some of the colors or partial designs from characters from the anime?
★ Yes you can. : 3 But make sure it's okayed by the staff first.

Are these pets role playing required?
★ No, but if you want to reach the elder stages and obtain magical powers you'll need to role play them. I promise there are perks to role playing.

Do I need to have a Puella Magi to role play?
★ Nope! Feel free to make a civilian character, but they will not be able to fight and have magical abilities. But, maybe if you're active your civilian may become a Puella Magi one day. -.^

Familiars? : D
★ Yes, elemental familiars will come into play later on in this shop.

Metaplot?
★ Yup! : D (Although I'm not sure what yet...) xD

Crossovers with other shops?
★ Yes, I am interested in this but I don't know how or when.

Cosplays?
★ Eventually.

How many can I own?
★ We're going to max everyone out at 5 Puella Magis for now. In the future you'll be able to own more. You can have unlimited civilians.

Boys can't be Puella Magis!
★ Well actually, I think they can. The reason they weren't present in the show is because they didn't have strong enough emotions, as the girls could. I completely disagreed with this throughout the show, I feel like men and boys just show their emotions differently, but they're just as strong. So Puella Magi's will be able to be both male and female at this shop.

So what are we fighting then if not Witches?
★ In the original system, the curses and despair of the World’s population are absorbed by Witches and Familiars to grow more powerful. Now that witches do not exist anymore, these curses manifest in their own forms, and that’s the ‘big white things’ called demons. The job of Puella Magis are still exactly the same – to eliminate the curse and despair of this World. It’s just that now they fulfill their jobs by defeating these demons instead of Witches. - taken from x

Getting Started
★ Cool, I love the ideas you have going on, but how do I get started? Well, you can either wait to win a Soul Gem, order a commission, open a questing thread, OR create a civilian journal and RP your civilian. : D Check out Getting Started in the Guild

How Long Do Our RPs Need to Be to Be Counted?
★ Solo Rps are a minimum of 2 paragraphs with AT LEAST 250 words (that's approx. one page in Word). Sample
★ PRPs and ORPs need to have a minimum of at least one page of RPing in the guild with approx. a paragraph in each post. Before an RP can be counted each person needs to post at least 10 posts with at least a paragraph in each post. If you're having an in-thread RP or an IMing RP that's mostly dialogue try to have at least 25 things said by each person.

When in doubt...
★ Post here or send me a PM. : >

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone." - Epilogue

User Image
User Image

★ Story ★

Basic Story of Madoka Magica from Wikipedia - SPOILERS

★ In this world, there exist strange creatures who have the power to grant one wish to a chosen girl. However, in exchange, that girl must then become a magical girl and use her powers to fight against witches, evil creatures born from darkness that are responsible for murders and suicides.

★ In the city of Mitakihara, a schoolgirl named Madoka Kaname and her friend Sayaka Miki are approached by a familiar named Kyubey, who offers to grant each of them one wish in return for making each of them a magical girl. Another magical girl named Homura Akemi tries to prevent Madoka from making such a deal, while Kyubey urges Madoka by telling her she will become the most powerful magical girl. However, contrary to the glamorous notions one would expect, a magical girl finds herself dealing with death, isolation, loss of humanity, agony over the value of her wish, and existential crisis. Madoka, following her friends, soon sees the darker side of being a magical girl, and because of knowing the truth about being a magical girl, she questions if she should become one as well.

★ To read more and learn more check out the Wiki

The End of the Series and Epilogue - MORE SPOILERS

★ Madoka makes her final wish: "I wish to erase all witches from existence before they're even born. Every witch in the universe, from the past and the future, with my own hands". As promised by Kyubey her wish is granted and she becomes a goddess, breaking the Incubators' system at the same time. Madoka is seen traveling through space and time, healing defeated magical girls.

★ The consequence of her becoming a Magical Girl quickly follows the "rescue" of the other magical girls: due to her wish, the laws of nature have been altered, and the old world will be put to an end in order for a new one to take its place. Homura witnesses the Earth being swallowed in despair from the moon, where she also sees Madoka's soul gem, now the size of an asteroid, traveling through space.

★ The gigantic soul gem collapses into a Grief Seed and Madoka's new planet-sized Witch form is unleashed: However, true to her word, she erases her own Witch self from existence. The resulting paradox removes Madoka from the universe.

★ The cosmic sequence continues with Madoka losing her physical humanity to become a force of nature, detached from mankind; however, she is now suspended in interdimensional space, in contact with everyone and everything.

★ However, the concept of harvesting witches for energy would be more efficient than the new method: because there is still grief in the world, it manifests in the form of demons that the magical girls must fight, who upon defeat drop cube-shaped pieces much like Grief Seeds.

Now

★ Magical girls and boys are still needed to fight demons. Like before, to become a Puella Magi they must make a wish, and thus create a contract. Now, they make that contract the with Holy Mother Madoka. In exchange for their wish being granted they gain the abilities of a Puella Magi and fight the demons of the world. If they ever decide that they are too tired from fighting and stop collecting Grief Cubes, they will die.

"Repeat. I'll repeat it for however many times I have to. Until I find the only way out." - Homura

User Image
User Image

★ World Information ★

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The city that this shop takes place in a made up city in the USA on the coast. Think of it like a big city like Seattle, LA, New York, etc. For more detailed information about each location check here

★ Residential Areas

Middle of Town Apartments
Living by the River
Living on An Island in the River
Living Outside the City

★ The Schools

University
Elementary/Middle School
High School
Beauty and Fashion School

★ The Entertainments

Arcade
Amusement Park
Zoo
Central Park

★ Transportation

Subway Station
Bus Station
Airport
Docks

★ Shopping/Lodging

The Mall
The Open Air Market
Central Hotel

★ Training Grounds

The Celestial Dojo

"Madoka. My only friend... If... If it's for your sake... I don't mind being locked in this eternal maze!" - Homura

User Image
User Image

★ NPCs ★

Holy Elder Mother Madoka:

★ Makes contracts with the boys and girls and gives you your Soul Gems. Light master.

Dark Elder Corrupt Sayaka:

★ Trains Corrupts and helps spread evil and the demons in the world. Dark master. Metaplot maybe? ; D

Time Master Homura:

★ Master of Time Magic, present during events.

Power Master Kyōko:

★ Master of Power Magic, present during events.

Air Master Mami:

★ Master of Air Magic, present during events.

"Make a contract with me, and become a magical girl!" - Kyubey

User Image
User Image

★ Stages ★

User Image

User ImageUser Image

First Stage - Soul Gem

★ Everyone will start out as a Soul Gem. Single stage on a base.
Growth to next stage: Setting up your roleplaying journal and/or 1 week of activity in the thread.

User ImageUser Image

Second Stage - Magical Child

★ When a normal child makes a contract they receive a Soul Gem and then become a Puella Magi. Simple Puella Magi design. Both male and female chibis stage on a base.
Growth to next stage: 2 Solo RPs, 3 Other RPs (in thread or IMing logged or in the guild), 1 Event/Battle and/or 1-2 months of activity in the thread.

User Image

Third Stage - Magical Adult

★ As a Puella Magi matures they learn new skills and abilities but also age and become more mature. This is the last general "non-RP" stage in the Puella Magi process. Breeding can occur and Soul Gems are produced. Both male and female stages on an adult base.
Growth to next stage: 2 Solo RPs, 3 Other RPs (in thread or IMing logged or in the guild), 1 Event/Battle (5 further RPs in total + at least 1 Event/Battle) AND at least 3-6 months of activity total in the thread

User Image

Fourth Stage Good - Magical Mentor

★ As a Puella Magi becomes old she never loses her magic, but instead trains younger Puella Magis in the arts. This can only be obtained through RPing and breeding can still occur to produce more "magical" and holy Soul Gems (with alterations). Both male and female stages drawn from scratch.

Fourth Stage Evil - Corrupt

★ Sometimes something goes wrong in a Puella Magi's life and they become tainted and turn towards evil. When this happens, they become a Corrupt. This stage can only be obtained through RPing and breeding can occur to produce more "magical" and tainted Soul Gems (with alterations). Both male and female stages drawn from scratch.

"If someone tells me it's wrong to hope,I will tell them they're wrong every time." - Madoka

User Image
User Image

★ Familiars ★

Whispers of magic users have been around for centuries, not all of it true. Just as common, whispers of creatures that accompany these magic users have circulated for just as long. Familiars. Sometimes thought to be evil. Sometimes thought to be good. Sometimes a ghost. Sometimes an animal.

Thankfully for your magi, those whispers have some truth to them. Always in an animal form, a familiar might decide to make a contract with your magical girl or boy. Once done, the familiar will protect and aid your magi as they come into and learn how to wield their new powers.

The midhikana chikixyuu- an odd cross between a bunny and a rat. Steady or firm like the earth. Sure of what you want. These characteristics might draw this familiar to somebody.

The onajimi no kuuki- a cat like creature. Maybe you are flighty. Maybe you do not like to be tied down to anything, just wanting to go wherever the wind may take you like a leaf. Maybe these things might draw them to you.

The onajimi no mizu- a creature that could have been a sea horse. Cool. Collected. Calm like water on a summer day. These could be characteristics that attract this familiar.

The midhikana kasai shimasu- a small rodent like creature. Maybe you are brash. Maybe you have a quick temper. Or maybe you have something burning inside you. Perhaps this might attract this being.

"Don't worry, Sayaka. It sucks to be alone, isn't it? Its fine, lets go together, Sayaka." - Kyoko

User Image
User Image

★ Breeding ★

GirlxGirl, BoyxBoy, and GirlxBoy.

★ When two Puella Magis love each other their emotions create between 1-3 new Soul Gems that give life to new Puella Magis.

Breeding slots will be rare though, probably only 1 per month.

★ Breedings for Adults are 10K - 5K from each parent and produce 1-3 Soul Gems.

★ Breedings for Elders are 20K - 10K from each parent and produce 1-3 Soul Gems with special properties and powers.

★ Breedings for Adult Cosplays are 30K - 15K from each parent and produce 1-3 Soul Gems with cosplay properties.

★ Breedings for Elder Cosplayers are 40K - 20K from each parents and produce 1-3 Soul Gems with cosplay properties and special powers.

★ You can use orb pieces towards breedings to guarantee a certain number of Soul Gems.

"...To me..you are everything. I love you, Madoka." - Homura

User Image
User Image

★ Customs ★

★ Will be available.

★ There will be several levels of customs.

★ Pre-made 10K
★ Several Color and Design Options 20K
★ Full Customs 30K
★ Cosplays 50K.

Customs will buy you Soul Gem->Magical Girl->Magical Adult. Elders can ONLY be obtained through RPing.

★ You can use orb pieces as alternative payment for all customs. But, make sure the artist you're wanting a custom from accepts orb pieces as a form of payment first!

"You really want to become god?" - Kyubey

User Image
User Image

★ Hiring ★

Artists

★ Need to be able to edit all the lineart (and have a program that can use layers - photoshop or GIMP). Need to be around the thread at least once a week and keep active. Should be able to answer questions that patrons ask.

Will be paid:

★ Full price for each Puella Magi you sell. This means full FS, Auction, Raffle, Customs, Breedings, and more.

Perks:

★ Limited customs and breeding slots -- Three max/month. Will be able to make one familiar a month and one Puella Magi every three months for themselves or friends.

Interested?:

★ Please post the following in the thread. I'll be looking to hire within the next week or two. Lineart can be found here

[center][b][u][color=red][size=16]I'M INTERESTED IN BEING A ARTIST![/size][/color][/u][/b]

[b]Name:[/b] (username, nickname, etc.)
[b]Why Do You Want to Be an Artist Here?[/b]
[b]How Many Hours/Day/Week Are You On Gaia?[/b]
[b]Best Way(s) to Contact You:[/b]
[b]Qualifications:[/b] (Past shops and work history - it's okay if you have none)
[b]Art Examples:[/b] (Lines, colors, etc. dA and gallery links okay but please also supply at least 3 example links)
[b]Sample Of Art on Our Shop Lines:[/b] - [url=http://xhogyokux.deviantart.com/art/Puella-Magi-Female-Child-Stage-png-306202895]Lineart can be found here[/url]
[b]When Did You First Learn About Madoka Magica?[/b]
[b]Impressions of the series?[/b]
[b]Impressions of this shop?[/b]
[b]Why Should I Choose You?[/b] (What do you bring to this shop? Art, experience, plot ideas, etc.)
[b]If Hired How Soon Could You Start?:[/b] (I'm looking for someone to help me set up the B/C I/T and work on lines and designs and hiring)
[b]Referred by:[/b]
[/center]

"Why do you cry over the loss of just one of you?" - Kyubey

User Image
User Image

★ Credits ★

★ Puella Magi Madoka Magica belongs Aniplex of America and Shaft
★ All art and ideas in this thread (except for external links) belong to xhogyokux and this shop
★ Idea references from Anima Solus on deviantArt

★ Owner and Head Artist: xhogyokux
★ Full Time Artist: X Moon Fighter X
★ Full Time Artist: NETmuffin
★ Guest Artist: dark_iced_angel
★ Full Time Rp/Plot/Thread/Meta/Random Stuff Manager: discoqueen
★ Misc. Thread Helper: Angelics-Destiny

White -
Angelics-Destiny for helping! : D
X Moon Fighter X for donations to the shop! <3

Grey - Boo.

Black - Not even...

"What are you doing? Throwing away your friend, of all things?" - Kyubey

User Image
User Image

★ Affiliates ★

Links In

User Image

[URL=http://tinyurl.com/7dufqq9][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/mistymagic/Pets/th_affiliatebanner2.png[/IMG][/URL]

User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/7dufqq9][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/mistymagic/Pets/affiliatebanner1.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image

[URL=http://tinyurl.com/7dufqq9][IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q625/PuellaMagiMadoka/affiliationbanner2.gif[/IMG][/url]

Links Out

Check out the other Puella Magi shop!
User Image

And a Puella Magi Roleplaying Guild!

And a Puella Magi themed art shop!

User Image

And these other cool B/Cs!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Is she some kind of anime character or something??" - Junko Kaname, referring to Tatsuya's now-imaginary friend/sister, Madoka (episode 12)

★ Welcome ★ Navigation ★ Newswire ★ Rules ★ FAQ ★ Story ★ World Info ★ NPCs ★ Stages ★ Familiars ★ Breeding ★ Customs ★ Hiring ★ Credits ★ Links In/Out

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces