Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Rebootening is happening, y'all... You excited yet?

HECK YES! TAKE MY MONEY!!! ~flings gold at~ 0.56521739130435 56.5% [ 13 ]
I've been saving my best wine for this day. Yes. Quite. 0.17391304347826 17.4% [ 4 ]
It's about time! D: Jeez! Hurry up already! 0.1304347826087 13.0% [ 3 ]
You took too long. Interest is gone.... ~peace!~ 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Pssh! I'ma Poll Whore. :P Gimme Gold. 0.1304347826087 13.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 23 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 602 603 604 > >> >>> »|

User Image

I fell asleep in the garden one afternoon and had the strangest dream. I dreamt of cats and things that came from ribbons and bells, and smiling I awoke.

...Only to discover it hadn't entirely been a dream, for all around me I could see them. Some were cute and sweet as candy; others, were mischevious and inclined to tying knots in my hair. Others still were drawn to my pocket watch and seemed intent on figuring out how it worked, even going so far as to attempt to pry it in open with a thin, sharp rock, though in them there was no malevolence that I could discern. And on my lap sat the smallest one, all wide-eyed innocence, and from it's mouth emerged a soft, plantive "Mew...?"

It was then that I was to learn of Wonderland.

User Image
01. Intro/ToC/Important Links
02. Updates/News
03. Rules/FAQ
04. Lists and Credits
05. Stages and Growth
06. Availability
07. Breeding
08. Setting
09. NPCs
10. Professions
11. Item Shop
12. Affiliates

Guild | Owner's List | Certing Thread | Drop Offs

User Image

10.24.13 -- I clearly suck at updating news. Uh... Grams are things in the guild, start here.
09.01.13 -- MLP event on the second page, and a bunch of stuff in the Guild's Events subforum.
08.24.13 -- Congrats to the winners on pg 440 of the flaffle! Also, check out the guild for a raffle and an auction that will be running through August 28th.
08.22.13 -- Do you see how horrible I am at updating the news? Man. I'm sorry.
07.11.13 -- Stylus workin'. July Birthday permakit pg 391 free to all July Birthdays
06.19.13 -- Stylus suicide, event? Guest Colourist Seruta and babies! read more here!
06.07.13 -- Free Raffle pg 2

06.26.10 -- Growings the last few days. This thing doesn't get updated enough.
06.15.10 -- Pokemon event over. Fea and Orion are cleaning up while Kiwi and Hikaru recover. Welcome new owners!
05.--.10 -- Stuff happened; this was forgotten and un-updated - but we're back up and running! There should be an event soon. :]
User ImageThe thread is currently undergoing set up, but feel free to post.
User Image

1. You have a brain -- use it.
    Seriously. It's there, floating around in some liquid inside your head, and it's not just for looks. In fact, it's really kind of ugly. Regardless, use it. Don't be an a**, don't be stupid, and please, please read the front page before you ask a question; chances are, you just may find the answers you seek.

2. No whining, emoing, being a drama llama, and other such things.
    Life sucks. Your life, my life, most people's lives. You're more than welcome to bemoan the pitfalls of your daily life, and find support in other thread go-ers... But if no one seems to care, do not drag it up again... and again... and again. Find a happy place (like Wonderland) and stay there.

3. When you post, there should be words, and they should be easy to find.
    Dragcave is cute. Other things like that are cute. They have their place in your life... But that place is not in your posting format in this thread. Similarly, overly bright, blinding post colours, image heavy formats, and formats that contain links to where ever do not have a place here. Tolerance is something that we have here... And a warning or two will be given before you're placed on a list of Do Not Want. This does not mean you can't post a nice, simple "Lookit my new [whatever] [link to whatever's location]" ... It means it can't be in every post ever.

4. Warnings may or may not be given -- Blacklisting will end up Ignored by the Mule
    Warnings may be given at staff's discrestion; 90% of the time, you'll get one, sometimes you won't. The rules are here to be followed, and blatant ignorance of them is not an excuse. Someone slaved away for long... Minutes coming up with all of them, so they just may be important. It takes a lot to earn a black listing, and if you've managed to piss us off that much, it's unlikely that you'll be able to redeem yourself in this life time. Anyone who ends up blacklisted will be added the of Wonderland's ignore list, and therefore prohibited from the shop and events completely. Any pets you own can and will be rehomed in accordance with B/C etiquette and rules.

5. Payments are due in a timely manner. You will not be reminded, and your Mew may be rehomed.
    Real life happens. 'S cool -- if you can let us know as soon as possible, we'll work with you. If you acquire a pet, fail to pay, or provide information (for free ones), your pet may be rehomed at our discretion. All payments are due ASAP (24 hours, usually) but confirmation can wait a few days if need be. We're not heartless bastards though, and can accommodate should the need arise -- just let us know!

6. Auctions will have a 10 minute snipe guard, minimum. It's fair.

7. Colourists are hard workers, and may not be active in the thread, and may not reply to PMs immediately. Similarly, do not bug anyone about growings unless it's been 2 months+.
    Coloursists are... colourists, not always very talky in the thread when they're hard at work slaving away on your pet. Do not pester anyone via PM unless they either say you can, or you ask. Otherwise, it's rude. Growings will happen as they happen. Real life happens to you, real life happens to us. Should your growing exceed 2+ months in delay, please send a nice PM to the mule -- we'll get it taken care of as soon as we can.

8. RP is NOT required, only encouraged.
    You have every prerogative to come in, snag a Mew in the proper fashion, and scamper off into the sunset. You're also welcome to snag one and let him/her/it sit in your signature/journal/pants and collect dust, only to use as breeding stock. It might make you a pimp, but that's okay. RP will (almost) NEVER be required, so have no fear of it getting rehomed simply 'cause you don't do well with RPing. Are there perks to RP? Ostensibly! .... Not gonna tell you what, though; that'd spoil the fun.

There's no gender sign on the cert... ARE THEY GENDERLESS??
Nope. And it's not tied up with the lineart, either. Gender is indicated by the colour of their bells. Silver and white bells are female, gold and coppery bells are male. Few mews may have bells that are neither, or are a mix of those colours -- best bet there is to ask politely.

Why is my baby stuck? Shouldn't it have grown up by now?
Possibly. The only thing that would cause it to not grow up yet.... would be a failure to provide it's purpose. This may be provided at any time, but must be known before adulthood. Should you fail to let us know, since we can't read minds, there will be no growing. Every adult HAS to have a purpose, however "lame" and "stupid" you might think it is.

Can I have this purpose? / Someone stole my purpose! crying WAAAAAAAAH
Being about creativity and imagination, no one is going to force a Mew to choose from only a pre-determined list of options, nor demand that no purpose may overlap/match another one. Your purpose can be just about anything, so long as it can fit on the cert. If you're lacking ideas, there are some suggestions in a post further down.

User Image

Lineart Sketches :: DFA
Lineart Inking :: Endejester
Templates :: Slander & Kiwi Squirt Bottle
Cert, Graphics, Etc :: Kiwi Squirt Bottle
Story Idea and Premise:: Cyzzane, Solar Occultation, Lady Aria Starstone, many more!

Font :: Folkard

BIG thanks to everyone listed above, Cuterthanyou, Ramenli, Melodymh4, and everyone else who helped out!

Colourists :: Kiwi Squirt Bottle , Fea Line, Seruta
Certist of Win :: Fea Line
User Image

Where one might learn of flatsales and raffles and all sorts of ways to dream of Mews.

Flatsales - 5k
Raffles - 100g, or free (will be specified)
Semi Customs - 25k semi customs (+5k for growing, +5k for picking adult lineart),
Customs - 50k+ customs (+10k for growing)
Bribes - more than customs
Pet Trades, Etc - pets XD

A semi custom will not allow for any re-dos except in cases of gross negligence. Colours or an inspiration image as well as a gender may be suggested, and it will be up to your colourist as to how they interpret it. If you submit an image of a calico cat hoping to get a calico cat markings, you will be sorely disappointed. Just so you know. If you fee your colourist has done the worst job ever on your semi custom, please PM the shop and we'll see what we can do.

Edit fees will be based on colourist discretion as well. A colourist who is not as comfortable with hair will probably have a higher price for them than one who is happy doodling individual strands all the time ever. Etc. In some cases, colourists will work together on your custom, so fee free to ask if _____ can do edits, but you'd prefer ______ to colour.
User Image

Bells and Babies -- a little trinket or bauble, the bell-on-ribbon is what commonly attracts a Mew. Makers will paint the bell the colour of a Mew they may be wanting to attract, and attach it to a ribbon, leaving the ribbon in a pool of moonlight. Interested Mews will come by and one may choose to connect with the bell and ribbon in question. At that time, the paint on the will get worn off by wear, indicating the gender of the Mew by revealing a silver/white (female) or gold/copper (male) bell.

As children, Mews are sickeningly cute. No matter what they'll grow up to be, every baby Mew elicts an "awww" from anyone who happens by -- except those who truely know them As cute as they are, they match it with their inquisitiveness. Encouraged to explore everything, almost no stone is left unturned when a baby is around, and sanity may be hard to come by. Free reign is given to them by most adults, though humans have been known to attempt to curb their enthusiasm with little success. At this point, bonding with their humans is important, as the babies encourage them to think and imagine in new ways. Before they're ready to grow up, every Mew must approach the Cheshire and answer an unasked question...

If you do NOT provide a purpose, your mew will not grow -- simply because as an adult, they MUST have a purpose, even if it's something simple and "stupid."

Adults -- One could say that when they reach this stage, Mews have grown up.... But not always matured. Adult Mews have a Purpose in life as they strive to answer the question of life, the universe, and everything; "Who am I? Why am I here? Do I really... matter?" Everyone's contributing to the over all well being and attempting to restore imagination and creativity, but... There's more to life, and sometimes it requires being a little be selfish.
As adults, Mews are fully capable of forming life long relationships with other Mews, and are capable of breeding as well as adventuring off on their own for long periods of time.
User Image

Mews don't procreate by the normal means (though they may do that occasionally for fun. *winkwinknudgenudge*) When two mews get together to make offspring, they paint bells of their own and set them out in hopes to attract humans, much in the reverse of how a human finds a mew.

Number of offspring: 2 - 3 (50/50)
Can add more offspring: Yes! One if you're giving to a newbie (1 or fewer mews), one if you've got actual RP together, etc.
Hetero/homo/A: Love is what makes a family, not necessarily a woman and a man. Any gender may breed.
Mate Required: Nope! ... no, really. Sometimes, a mew may get help from a mysterious mew.

Unedited -- 10k
Edited -- 20k

Unedited breedings may still have some small edits at the colourists' discretion. An edited breeding is only for mews with edits, and guarantee edits of some sort. Whether large or small will be dependent on what sort of edits the parents have.
User Image

Every story must have a setting, a place and reason for being; otherwise, it's just drivel that spews from someone's brain. Really good stories are still drivel, only they've been cleverly disguised.
User Image

These characters are NOT musical instruments, so please keep your hands off and refrain from playing them.

User Image

In which we strive to solve the age old questions... Who Am I? Why am I here? Who moved my Cheese?

Every Mew has a reason for being, a purpose to their existence. As children, they're encouraged to explore anything and everything... It's not until they're adults are they expected to know what they want to do with their life... And occasionally they're even allowed to change it, though this may happen only once!

As no two Mews are exactly the same, and with the Cheshire trying to foster creativity again, there's no set list of purposes one may or may not be; the sky's the limit! A purpose could be finite and easily quantifiable; it may be something more abstract, but still attainable. One's purpose could also be unattainable, but that might lead to a Mew who feels.... Useless.

Once the Cheshire has decided that they're ready to grow, he'll send a summons and ask them about their purpose in life. Once they can provide an answer, they'll shortly grow and be able to fulfill their own personal reason for existence. Occasionally, youngsters may be ready to grow before the Cheshire notices them, or are overlooked... Perhaps they've already been summoned and failed to provide an answer; should this happen, expect a visit from the Cheshire's assistant! Erihse will occasionally go out and badger other Mews to go to the Cheshire, or drag them to the Cheshire. He'll evaluate the Mews that are around and has been known to quip, "HEY YOU! It's time to grow up! Move your butt!" and will uncerimoniously annoy them until they grow up or.... They grow up.

User Image

Happy Birthday to those who celebrate in July! If we missed you already this month, sorry. If we're early, HOORAY! The July birthday kits have finally made an appearance, and are available to those who've been born in this month. They are completely free, but you'll need to post asking to have them certed up. (She will not count towards anyone's newbie requirements.)

Post the following form here. Please remember that these are permakits, and will never grow to adults. They're just our way of wishing you the happiest of birthdays!

Name :
Found : [your birthday this year]
Owner :
Purpose : Birthday Wishes

If no uncert, which mew : July Birthday Mew

User Image

The dream has started
You hear mews behind you
You're in Wonderland

Links In::

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets/t.44661249/][img]http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr322/ofWonderland_Shop/FP/guild200x40.jpg[/img]

In which there existed portals to other worlds.
Tread lightly.
Links Out::

[[ We accept 200x40 banners only - please add us to
your links out before asking us to add you. Thanks! ]]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items