Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super Wife

Sounds like a plan. At all times one of them must want cuddles.

Unicorn

That's the idea! Plus, if all of them by chance wanted to cuddle at once, I'd be covered in a blanket of warm and love. If I wasn't married, I'd be well on my way to being a crazy cat lady.

Bah! And it's that special time of the day where I need to scoot my a** to work. Bye!

Super Wife

You can still be a crazy cat lady, IF YOU BELIEVE!

Good luck :3

Maxx D's Princess

Shoujo Shounen

Oh gosh, guys, I had the most horrible day yesterday, getting some school news that basically means I'm irrevocably screwed - then today I discovered the miracle of pharmaceutical drugs and I'm ready to face life again! 8D

Okay, well, I haven't discovered the miracle of pharmaceutical drugs. But I'd like to pretend I have because I don't know how to face life again.

Hallo! How are ya all? Isn't it terrifying how soon Christmas is coming?

UltaMatt's Princess

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
*sends good vibes to Jun*

School can suck sometimes

Deathly Darling

Try the miracle of Disney movies and hot chocolate, sez I. :V

BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE CATS, Starie!

Super Wife

Aw Jun! -hugs- I hope it turns out better :<

Christ is BUSY. Finals week. Argh.

KOTA THAT WAS HORRIBLE AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU YOUNG LADY.

Deathly Darling

I AM SORRY FATHER FORGIVE ME /weep

Colorful Contributor

... Kotaline, it's refreshing to see someone else on Gaia who doesn't do anime. Right onnnn

Deathly Darling

Fight the power, yo! /fistpump Rofl, I do anime if friends ask me to, but it's kind of boring to draw for me. :V

Colorful Contributor

I started out doing anime. I had to separate myself from it when I started taking drawing seriously because that stuff is frowned upon at college. Don't regret the change one bit.

Good luck with the auction!

Deathly Darling

I was the same way, only I had to sort of wean myself off it when I went to my first anime convention in high school. ): I STARED INTO THE VOID AND THE VOID STARED BACK /shot shot oh god

Thank you! <3

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I hate drinking all of this water.

Maxx D's Princess

Shoujo Shounen

crying I am pretty much doomed. But I'll live. *loves on*
Good luck, all finals week-ers! D:

*noses in on the anime-style convo* We were at the local comic con a few days ago, and there was an 'Eastern Influences in Western Comics' panel with a bunch of Marvel artists. Half of the artists said they were very influenced by manga/anime starting out, and the other half had barely any contact - the interesting, or sad, thing is that it does tend to show... Most of the 'very influenced' ones were also Asian though, so I'm gonna have to cut us some slack - I'm not sure it's possible to grow up in parts of Asia without manga/anime as a primary childhood medium, with other common styles like comics the kind of influence you'd have to seek out on your own at a later stage. There're pros and cons, but generally I find it a bit unfortunate because a superficial manga intro to drawing seems to bring with it a certain carelessness as far as anatomy is concerned. This is the bit where lots of superbly accomplished anime/manga-styled artists rush in to beat me up - but I'd say personally it's something I struggle with. I do still enjoy tooling around in the anime/manga style, and often fall back on it for simpler/rushed things, but I've been pushing towards a comicky-psuedo-realist-did-i-mention-comicky schtick for my more srs! personal work for years. NOT THAT YOU CAN EVER TELL FROM MY STUFF ON GAIA. dramallama But I don't think I'll ever be able to shake the influence, and I've largely made my peace with it - as a sporadic hobbyist, I'll only ever get so far anyway. I'm too old for this! XD

.../tldr. XD;;

UltaMatt's Princess

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Long post was long. *passes Jun something to drink*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff