Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which hot juice do you prefer?

Hot bean juice! 0.27198697068404 27.2% [ 167 ]
Hot leaf juice! 0.46742671009772 46.7% [ 287 ]
Neither, both of those are dirt water! >:C 0.26058631921824 26.1% [ 160 ]
Total Votes:[ 614 ]

I really like mushrooms. I can totally understand why you might not like them if you've only had it on pizza. And if they used CANNED mushrooms and not fresh ones.... then -really... yuck. I don't like olives (period). Wish I did.... I really really wish I did. I even tried like 30 different olives in Greece, trying to fin a good one. No luck.

Anyways.... I second the satueeing. Try it with different oils: olive, toasted sesame (a fave of mine), normal pam, etc. If you really cannot stand them alone, try them with something you DO like. They soak up the tastefulness of what you cook them with. Try heartier foods, or even some of the recipes of stuff you WANTED to eat. You can always pick them out, too. They don't leave much of a taste (a little.... they taste pretty earthy).

Just remember... canned versus fresh.... completely opposite. Canned mushrooms taste like rubber.

EDIT: I know where you're coming from. My sis is much the same. She doesn't like (raw) mushrooms, tomatoes, etc. She finally likes them cooked, but even before not at all. Soups, too! That is what got her.

Chrystali's Partner

Mega Cub

Delicate Rose Bud
Aric Val
I really really love stuffed mushrooms. but not sure with a recipe :C /WILL SEARCH AROUND THOUGH

OMG YES
INFINITY YES QUQ <3

but yeah I get how some wouldn't like them though! But ugh delicious things @W@ <3

Dangerous Lover

olives are kind of an acquired taste, IMHO. If you're looking for a great place to try olives used in a delicious manner, bonefish grill's house salad is EXCELLENT (with the bonus of all the other things they put in there). uguuuuuu I can eat there just for that salad

can't really recommend any olivey recipes because I just eat them straight out of the jar X:

as for mushrooms, I've recently discovered they're pretty good after all my restaurant-eating days (there was a place that'd grill up a portobello for you dang that was delicious), and I'd like to start cooking with them, but I don't even know what to pick at the grocery store or how to prepare them, because I've mainly had the canned version in my life u_u I'm hoooooopeless

Excitable Kitten

seru_ame
@Delicate: Hm... could you start?

Here you go!

Excitable Kitten

I love olives too smile Green and Black, with and without the pimento
i have liked them since i was a little kid, and i would always stick the black ones on the tips of my fingers and chase my sis around the house xd

I think for olives, you either love them or you hate them.

Dangerous Lover

I've been going for the expensive imported greek ones latelyyyyyyy

so different from the regular green and black ones you usually have! and so good!

Noraboo's Spouse

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
OLIVES MAKE EVERYTHING BAD.

I can't eat stuff that has TOUCHED olives, man. My mom makes salad and drops olives in there and is like, oh, you can pick them out! And I just. No.

Phantom

Olives = Mmm
Mushrooms = emotion_puke
(I only like them on pizza xD )

Excitable Kitten

Olives do add a very distinct and strong flavor to dishes that include them, whether it is just a topping (like for salad) or a key ingredient in a dish.

Dangerous Lover

XD yeah, definitely

that's how I normally am about onions and celery that haven't been cooked out of existence, I can totally understand, blue
I can't think of a vegetable I like canned. Maybe chickpeas.

I'm glad I'm not the only non-mushroom loving person. We are not the only ones. XD Admittedly, I absolutely love them in beef wellington or banh cuon, this vietnamese ricepaper eggroll/wrap/enchillada fill with meat, herbs and sliced up shittake. Mmm, it disguises the flavor so well.

Olives have a very distinct taste. They are briney and offputting to my tastebuds. Yeah, they infect foods that have touched them. Except my godly gin. YAY MARTINIS.

I used to dislike raw tomatoes. After eating this bisque for weeks straight, my glowing skin and I love tomatoes. Especially sweet cherry tomatoes. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL OF MY LIFE?

Dangerous Lover

when I was a little kid I used to pick tomatoes off my mom's plants and later she'd find the withered husks of tomatoes that I had vampirized

somewhere along the way I lost the ability to do that, though :c
Scary.

You must have been fast. Whenever I grew tomatoes the birds would get to them first :[

Pyromaniac

I like both olives and mushrooms...

Dangerous Lover

Huh, my mom's never had problems with birds getting up in the tomatoes o.o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items