Welcome to Gaia! ::

New Flashy Update

Check last post on front page 0.19047619047619 19.0% [ 4 ]
Rejoice!! 0.23809523809524 23.8% [ 5 ]
Join it 0.19047619047619 19.0% [ 4 ]
ham sammich option 0.38095238095238 38.1% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]

Amateur Genius

Me too, but sadly I've seen very few lineart auctions anymore.

Business Bunny

Squishy Cat Sketches Auction
    Details: Standard Auction for Clean Sketches of Cats
    Sketches may be subjected to inking and templates depending on how high the bids go.
    Closing Date: January 10, 2015 @Noon PST

is doggo's Partner In Crime

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
Is there still a huge market for BC art? Sketches too? I've been away since the economy crashed, but I'm starting to settle back in and I'm interested in testing the waters, but I also want to be sure the market is there.

Lady Prophet

6,400 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
I know I'd be interested if the price is right, lol. Do love new arts <3

Kinda broke though cuz Gaia still won't give me my account back! UGH!

Sexy Vampire

19,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Robotic RedCape
Is there still a huge market for BC art? Sketches too? I've been away since the economy crashed, but I'm starting to settle back in and I'm interested in testing the waters, but I also want to be sure the market is there.
I've been looking for artists

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
Quote:
trinkuh

The only real problem is I would have no idea what to charge. OTL

Sexy Vampire

19,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Robotic RedCape
Quote:
trinkuh

Go by the complexity and how many lines they want.

or have it be offered based and you can pick what you think what your making is worth and if its worth what they are offering. ^.^

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
trinkuh

That's not a bad idea. I was thinking of holding an auction for a set of sketches to gauge the price, but I suppose I could base the price on how much I would normally charge an hour by how much gold I can make in Switchem in an hour.

Hmnnn.

Sexy Vampire

19,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Robotic RedCape
trinkuh

That's not a bad idea. I was thinking of holding an auction for a set of sketches to gauge the price, but I suppose I could base the price on how much I would normally charge an hour by how much gold I can make in Switchem in an hour.

Hmnnn.

I've been looking for someone to make the god/dess lines for my shop.

Amateur Genius

trinkuh
Robotic RedCape
Quote:
trinkuh

Go by the complexity and how many lines they want.

or have it be offered based and you can pick what you think what your making is worth and if its worth what they are offering. ^.^

Heck yeah there is a bigger market then you'd imagine for B/C art because it's been going through a dry spell for a while now. So I can only guess that people are looking for all kinds of stuff now.

For me, when I price stuff I base it off of how many lines/templates they want a set of 5 pets, or 6, or up to 16. I set a price for 1 then multiple by the number they want. The price depends on the complexity of the pet, is a super detailed dragon or a simple chibi bunny.

As for actual numbers, I can't help you there, since I too missed the crash and thus have no idea what gold is worth anymore. I've been offered 200,000K+ for some template work, a number I thought I'd never see on my account.

If it helps, you can always make a thread just about how you're a B/C artist, and people can seek you out if they need you. I did that and it's been pretty successful for me. (See Art Assassin link in sig for the thread in question).

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
trinkuh

What shop?

Also, I've moved computers so anyone who had contact information in the way of Email, Skype or IM's, you'll need to contact me via PM to get the updated information. My old PC died and I don't save PM's so I've lost a LOT of contacts.

I've not ditched anyone, just moved PC's. I'm also capable of streaming my work now, so there's that too!

Sexy Vampire

19,700 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Robotic RedCape
trinkuh

What shop?

Also, I've moved computers so anyone who had contact information in the way of Email, Skype or IM's, you'll need to contact me via PM to get the updated information. My old PC died and I don't save PM's so I've lost a LOT of contacts.

I've not ditched anyone, just moved PC's. I'm also capable of streaming my work now, so there's that too!

Paws and claws...i've had two artist start them and then disaapear off the face of the earth...i have the goddess done..but i would like ti redone to match what ever new god is made and i have sketch of the god....plus i wanted kit stages and our baby stage which is a basket.

Benevolent Menace

16,190 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Energy Harvester 150
trinkuh

Send me a PM with a link to the shop? I feel bad that we're chatting back and forth in the lineart thread. sweatdrop

Butter Buddy

Brittlebear

I wish I had the money to pay for your lines.. gawsh <3

Lady Prophet

6,400 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
How much do you make an hour playing switch 'em?

I've been looking for help finishing some human lines.. Mostly needing help doing the face and hair, lol. I have the sketches.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff