Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?

Wealth, power, beauty 0.16129032258065 16.1% [ 5 ]
love, happiness and peace 0.19354838709677 19.4% [ 6 ]
wealth, love, fame 0.032258064516129 3.2% [ 1 ]
fame, fortune and fun 0.032258064516129 3.2% [ 1 ]
freedom, happiness and world peace 0.29032258064516 29.0% [ 9 ]
magical powers, excitement, adventure 0.2258064516129 22.6% [ 7 ]
More polls! 0.064516129032258 6.5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 31 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 235 236 237 > >> >>> »|

Anxious Gaian

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
                          User Image

IMG HERE

Flatsale Starts: 14/O3/2O13
                                          Ends: when all are taken

Rules:
                                          - This is a speed sale, first post, first serve.
                                          - You must use the form provided.
                                          - As this is a flatsale upon winning you have 24hours to pay 40k to the mule 'mademoiselle selene'. failure to pay will result in losing your kid and it will be sent to to someone else or used for a different event.
                                          - You may only buy one kid for yourself or someone else. No multiple entries in the one post.
                                          - After winning, you should start up a quest in the guild. YOU CANNOT RP WITH YOUR CHARACTER UNTIL THE QUEST IS APPROVED.

Forms:

[quote="mademoiselle selene"] FIRST![/quote]
                                          [u]FS character number:[/u] (1,2,3,4)
                                          [u]Username:[/u]
                                          [i]I understand that payment of 40k is due within 24 hours and that I will promptly start a quest to begin roleplaying my character ASAP. [/i] [YES]/ [NO]

Entries:
                                          -
                                          -

User Imagexxxxx

Anxious Gaian

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
                          User Image

This is a raffle for an upgrade slot (to any level of character), a full custom and a fairy. There will be three winners for this event.

Raffle Starts:NOWNOWNOWNOW!
                                          Raffle Ends: 30/10/2012

Rules:
                                          - Tickets are 100g for 1 ticket. No limit to the number of tickets or number of times you can enter.
                                          - Entries must be paid within 24 hours of posting the form.
                                          -When we roll the winners, anyone who has already won in the raffle will be removed from the list (to prevent duplication since you can only win once)
                                          - You may only win 3 kids in total from all the events in the Grand Opening. Any kid won in this event counts toward that number.
                                          - You may enter multiple times and for all three kids, but you can only win one kid from this event.
                                          -be a good sport; raffles are a luck and chance thing in a lot of ways, just buying two gazillion tickets doesn't guarantee you will win, and vice versa, only buying one ticket doesn't discount your chances of winning if others bought more. You have to be in it to win it.

Prompts:
                                          [quote="Mademoiselle Selene"][size=18] [color=brown]SIR, SIR, ((how many)) TICKETS FOR THE HORSE WITH THE SHINY TEETH FOR MY RANCH((Your username here))[/color][/size]
                                          [b]Total:[/b]
                                          [/quote]

Ticket List:
                                          1-500 :: Orpheus Solon
                                          501-726 :: Antique_Mesh
                                          727-976 :: Madness_insanity
                                          977-1076 :: xhogyokux

User Imagexxxxx

Anxious Gaian

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
                          User Image

User Image

Questing Prompt Competition, BONANZA!!

This is a quest-based competition for the Senshi of Keys/Locks (sphere is a little open to interpretation.) who will be central to the introduction of a brand-new class of characters and also very important plot developments. She/He will be our first truly RP ESSENTIAL AND REQUIRED character.

Entry: You may enter as many times as you want, but there can only be one winner! Anyone may enter, this is open to lurkers, regulars and newbies alike!

Fee: There is no fee, if you win the competition, you win the character you have made and quested free!

To qualify: you must make a quest in the guild with the keyword [BONANZA] in the title so we know it is for this competition specifically.
                                          As there can only be one winner, at the end of the competition, all other bonanza quests will be moved to the 'old event' thread.

Even if you do not win: You can re-use ideas for these character but they cannot be the senshi of keys (so, for example; you might remake Sally Jane as the senshi of potted plants instead, if you still want to quest for the character you made)

Your quest MUST include the following information: while the vast majority of the senshi of keys/locks identity is left entirely up to you, there are three main requirements for this character so that they are effective in their meta-plot importance;
                                          -The sphere must relate to locks/keys/unlocking/sealing things up. By default, we're assuming keys, but if you want to adjust it slightly to fit your concept better that's perfectly fine, just as long as the theme is still evident.
                                          -Your utility power: the character has the ability to unlock/lock anything. Bank vaults, girl's diaries, cages, doors, car doors, hotel rooms, etc. Yes, literally, anything with a lock, you can unlock/lock.
                                          -You must be active and willing to help us progress the meta-plot event that introduces your character. There must be strong evidence of your activity as a RPer, either here in LOS or in other shops.

Prompt rounds: This will be a prompt/Choose Your Own Adventure-evaluated event, however it will be a little different to others of its kind. There will be a set of 2 rounds for each character, unique to the character's response of the initial prompt. Basically, a test of your RPing skills.
                                          It will proceed like this:
                                          Initial prompt: (same for everyone)
                                          Your response:
                                          Second Round prompt: (depending on your response to the first prompt)
                                          Your response:
                                          Final Prompt: (depending on what your character did in the response
                                          Your final response: (this must summarise the whole thing)

Initial prompt:
                                          Your last memory before you wake, cold and alone, drenched in water and unable to recall your own name; is dropping your most precious key. You are battered, bruised, perhaps badly injured, and you cannot remember who you are or what has led you to the shore of this pond in the middle of the city. Why do you feel so panicked about a key? How will you get help when you don't even remember your own name? And for some reason, there is a terirble sense of dread when you look up at the moon in the sky. Where will you go? What do you do?

Due dates:
                                          Initial response: 20th of May.
                                          Second response: 25th of May.
                                          Third response: 30th of May.

User Imagexxxxx

Anxious Gaian

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
Valentines Event Entries:

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Anxious Gaian

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
                          User Image

Welcome to the LOS hiring thread. This thread is for us hiring staff to man the battlements of the shop, if you want to apply, read below, the main thread is here or you can hang out with us. When we have an appropriate number of staff, we will get on with the opening of the actual shop so if you are interested or if you know someone who would be, spread the word. There’s a special prize for people who advertise and spread word about the thread~

Starts: 07/17/2012
                                          Ends: When the roles are filled

User Imagexxxxx

Anxious Gaian

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
                          User Image

Hiring, colourists/artists:
                                          So if you’re a colourist you probably know the drill; we are looking for a few good men souls (darkness or morbid angst included) to slave away in the sweat shops help out. Keep in mind that while different styles and methods are great, we do want to try and match the methods with the current shop aesthetic so if you are not accepted, it may just be because we are looking for a different style, not that we don’t like your work.
                                          If you are looking at signing up just for the civilian stage lines that’s fine, but make sure you are clear on the application about this. Artists are for the second stages which are all custom lines, artists will be expected to do the linework (not necessarily colour it) for senshi, sprites and acolytes, but if you want to be narrowed to just one, that can be arranged.

What’s expected of colourists:
                                          -to colour at least one character for any event.
                                          -to send a PM to the owner if you have trouble or problems of any kind. Drama needs to be kept OFF the thread.
                                          -COMMUNICATION. I’m going to say it again, COMMUNICATION. If you’re stuck in RL stuff, it takes five seconds to shoot off a PM saying ‘hey, I’m busy in RL, can’t do shop stuff for a few weeks.’ If you have a problem or a concern, COMMUNICATION. Mademoiselle Selene is sick and tired of staff who complain that no one is fixing something they are upset about, but haven’t bothered to tell her something is wrong. Selene is not omnipotent, despite her best efforts. If you have something to tell her, or something to say; COMMUNICATION!
                                          -Freebies. This shop’s quest system works very differently to other shops and as a result you will be expected to colour pets that are not making you precious shiny. However the way that the auctions and events with money work ensures that everyone gets a piece of the prize. This shop is about teamwork, not lining your virtual pockets. If you have a problem doing pro-bono work, do not apply.

Artists:
                                          -To line at least one pet per event, this includes, especially, RP events.
                                          -COMMUNICATION. I will say it as many times as it takes to get through to people. If there is a meteor hurtling toward your house and you have to diffuse a bomb thus, you cannot finish your stuff for an event, tell me before the deadline, so I can do odd things like, extend, or switch start times around or reassign something.
                                          -Freebies. Any flatsale senshi or freebie raffle acolyte might be, le gasp, not making you money. If you have a problem with doing these, do not apply.

How the staff payment works: for every event, especially large ones, all the profits go to the mule, at which point they are divided between all staff who participated equally. This does include anyone doing growths or freebies during the time of the event. This includes the RP managers and the event organisers. However, this is only for people who contributed to the event. So if you think you will be getting free gold, think again. RP managers should be encouraging/updating an auction, or answering Q&A in thread, or running events in the guild during events that might not necessarily need them (i.e.: a raffle) a colourist who coloured nothing during the event or for the event will not be paid, and similarly for an artist who made nothing. Welcome to LOS’ communalist revolution! Work for your money and be rewarded.

User Imagexxxxx

Anxious Gaian

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
                          User Image

RP manager requirements:
                                          -You are expected to be active in RP as well as RUN events.
                                          -Thread. Active. Yes. I want people to feel that they can ask a question in thread and have it answered.
                                          -You will be rewarded with freebies and monies from events.
                                          -Quests and the approval thereof, is entirely with you.
                                          -COMMUNICATION. If all your fingers have been eaten by giant spider men trying to invade from the bathroom toilet, get someone to type ‘busy fighting off invaders, won’t be active for a week’ for you while you have those cool new robotic hands attached. If you are confused or unsure what to do about XYZ, COMMUNICATE. I have an inbox that is lonely and empty, wanting and waiting for your letters.
                                          -Most importantly, above *ALL ELSE*, is COMMUNICATE WITH EACH-OTHER. I know it’s scary talking to other people, but if you are all asked a question about the shop RP and everyone answers different, contradicting responses, I will find more alien spider things. Co-ordinate with each other. This involves contact with your peers, talking to the artists and having more than two-line conversations with staff.
                                          Why is Selene such a nazi about us sending her PMs and talking with each other? Because I have had shops die because no staff seemed to be able to send a PM to me OR themselves. If you are waiting on an artist to finish drawing a stage 2 so you can colour it, and there’s only a day or so before the event starts, PM THEM. Or PM me so I can PM them( If you’re phobic of direct interaction with other people.) I don’t use messengers much, but that doesn’t preclude you from using them. How else can people mount hostile take-overs?
                                          The difference between constant progress updates and communication: I will level with you, I don’t care what you had for breakfast or how mean your parent was for forcing you to brush your hair. I do not need to be told or shown sketches every five minutes before its safe for you to continue working. I only want to know if there is a problem or if you need something. Don’t get me wrong, I love talking to you, and I want you to feel free to chat with me all the time, but *I TRUST YOU* to do what you say you are doing. What I want from you is the trust to tell *ME* if there’s something stopping or hindering you. I won’t eat your soul for not finishing something on time. I have a job and school as well. Life is more important, but friendship is built on mutual trust and… COMMUNICATION.

User Imagexxxxx

Anxious Gaian

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Partygoer 500
                          User Image

For all Colorists/Artists please fill in the below form please PM the form to Mademoiselle Selene:
                                          I'm a form

[b][size=18][color=indigo]I want to make the stars![/color][/size][/b]
                                          [b]Name:[/b]
                                          [b]Previous Experience:[/b]
                                          [b]Current shops:[/b]
                                          [b]How many hours do you spend on gaia a week?:[/b]
                                          [b]Full-time/part-time/guest:[/b] (what can you commit to and handle?)
                                          [b]Samples:[/b]

For RP or thread managers please fill in this form please PM the form to Mademoiselle Selene:
                                          I'm a form

[b][size=18][color=indigo]I want to light up the sky![/color][/size][/b]
                                          [b]Name:[/b]
                                          [b]Previous Experience:[/b]
                                          [b]Current shops:[/b]
                                          [b]How many hours do you spend on gaia a week?:[/b]
                                          [b]Position you are interested in:[/b]

Entries for Art:
                                          -Erina Nobara
                                          -Tasinei

Entries for RP/Thread managers:

-Angelics-Destiny (hired!)
                                          -Lady Yukaharu
                                          -PidgeonsGoMeowX3
                                          -Erina_Nobara

User Imagexxxxx

Anxious Gaian

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50