Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
          I know you're trying to mimic the hat from FR, but because of the positioning of ears on ulaya and how large they are compared to the head, you might be better off trying to make the brim go around that ear. There just isn't enough space between the two ears to make the brim look believable / clean / floppy all at the same time. imo.User Image
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yeah, I thought about that at the very beginning but I decided to try it this way ... for some reason XD;; I'll have to imagine how the rim would look since FR doesn't offer me that reference lol *looks him down more*

Edit: You don't think going around would make it look too wide? Doing hats on Mearas always looks strange because of their ears as well and every time I took it around the ear it looked like a 10 gallon cowboy hat or something like that XD It just looked ridiculous lol

Dapper Lunatic

Didn't Mobbu make an Ulaya with a hat similar to the FR one? A wizard style hat?

It might be worth taking a look to see how she accomplished it, assuming the Ulaya I'm thinking of exists?

I don't remember that one =o How do I look up an Ulaya I don't know? XD I'd sure try, lemmie tell ya. I never realized how much work you guys had coloring these things for us lol!!

Dapper Lunatic

Dangerous Nerd

Earholes like that is definitely an option~ xD

Though i think, if the brim goes down, then it would look more like the hat is covering that ear and not be too lopsided like you're worried about? The hat covering one ear might give it stability, ulaya-wise, walking around they might twitch the ear to make the hat move a bit. xD

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
    • Person of Interest 200
    • Signature Look 250
    • Timid 100
            See, I don't even see it as work anymore.
            But sometimes, with things like that, when one piece just won't sit right I get really frustrated
            and lose all motivation to color what I wanted to create. The female pose isn't as difficult,
            the worst part for that is editing the hair by the eyes and drawing in some face. That's why
            I gave the male as a practice. He has that strange pose and the way his head and ears are
            make it harder. So if you guys are successful in the applications [even slightly successful], I have hope that in a few months with practice everyone will be marvelous.
            User Image

Oh yes, I remember him. He's so adorable x3

Hmm but I still wonder if that style would fit this one, since I like the floppy better than the realistic XD; I'll have to sleep on this one *has other people off gaia trying to help me with this debate too* lol I mean, I personally enjoy the over the ear design but I didn't realize how incorrect it came off?

tani duh!
              See, I don't even see it as work anymore.
              But sometimes, with things like that, when one piece just won't sit right I get really frustrated
              and lose all motivation to color what I wanted to create. The female pose isn't as difficult,
              the worst part for that is editing the hair by the eyes and drawing in some face. That's why
              I gave the male as a practice. He has that strange pose and the way his head and ears are
              make it harder. So if you guys are successful in the applications [even slightly successful], I have hope that in a few months with practice everyone will be marvelous.
              User Image

XD We think the same? I was only concerned about the angle of the top part and didn't realize the rim looked odd to other people. Like I said, though, I enjoy the over the ear so I might just stick with it since this is really just a "practice" ulaya anyway lol But it's fun and cool to see others helping me figure it out none the less. I totally don't see it as work, I love little puzzles in doing art lol Helps me improve x3

Malikztiah Ankhere
        Earholes like that is definitely an option~ xD

Though i think, if the brim goes down, then it would look more like the hat is covering that ear and not be too lopsided like you're worried about? The hat covering one ear might give it stability, ulaya-wise, walking around they might twitch the ear to make the hat move a bit. xD

XDD I would totally RP him with his hat falling down constantly just because of that comment rofl!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
        • Person of Interest 200
        • Signature Look 250
        • Timid 100
                Incorrect isn't the right word. It just looks implausible. Like "Okay,
                there's the front brim of this hat. But uhm, where's the side brim
                fit?"

I didn't mean to be rude or mean with what I said! It doesn't look bad, but its' one of those things that makes you tilt your head a little.
                User Image

*glomps Tani* Nobody came off as rude =D I totally asked for the critique and I'm excited I got some lol If I was doing someone's custom then this is totally and awesome practice but I think if it was a custom I'd be doing what they ask hands down (since it'd be theirs anyway) lol But I have this inner "I like it like that" feeling and I have this subconscious voice in my head saying "If I get hired I want him to be perfect for me to snag up!" so I'm contemplating the hat a lot more than it really prolly takes rofl! If any of that makes sense ^^

I love getting other's people's ideas and suggestions and I never take them as bad <33 *offers Tani one of my reeses cupcakes* x3

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
          • Person of Interest 200
          • Signature Look 250
          • Timid 100
                  oh god nooooo
                  I ate a whole bag of reeses eggs earlier. the chocolate egg shaped things with peanut butter in the middle.
                  I think I got diabetes.
                  User Image

XD Did you enjoy it at least? Cuz if you're going to be getting a disease such as Diabeetus then you might as well have fun while you're doing it lol

*diabeetus dragon approves*

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
            • Person of Interest 200
            • Signature Look 250
            • Timid 100
                    It was wonderful.
                    My teeth hurt afterwards.
                    User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
              Manage Your Items
              Other Stuff