Welcome to Gaia! ::

Appeal's Bae

Backwoods Prophet

I'm pretty sure .tiff files should just be wiped from existence.
WHY DO THEY EXIST?

Dapper Seeker

unicorns! * w* Pippin will be overly excited!!!

Hygienic Explorer

I've heard tiff files are better for printing because it reduces some types of color shifting, but I have no idea how true that is.

Kawaii Prophet

Dulcet Scarface

Tiff just basically doesn't compress anything. And auuuugh, I even installed gimp to see if it would do any better, but instead it is making the background BLACK. I just... *sobs in corner* T_____T And GOOGLE IS NOT HELPING.

Silverah's Pardner

Stellar Lightbringer

.TIF files are the ideal printing files because they don't compress anything at all. :O They're huge, yeah, but that's because they don't create any artifacts on the file or change its color balance, etc. Basically, though, if you don't intend to print a file don't save it as a .TIF...

Appeal's Bae

Backwoods Prophet

Tiff only exists to confuse people who don't know how to package images they should be making PDFs.

Or that's what I tell myself every time someone at work sends me one because our printer software is terrible and makes everything you scan a TIF.

Will Irfanview do what you need, Yuna? It's what I use to deal with them but it's an outdated piece of s**t I have no idea.

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100

Silverah's Pardner

Stellar Lightbringer

I've always been told to use .TIF files for things I want to print (EVERYTHING) over .PDF because our printer apparently eats PDF for breakfast :C We have a shitty Epson from like, 2004. It's seriously SO BAD. SOOOO BAD.

Appeal's Bae

Backwoods Prophet

Our printer/scanner makes anything digital a .TIF, just in case YOU MIGHT want to print it someday. And we have computer illiterate people processing them so it is like EVERYTHING IS TIFF'D FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

And I am just like emotion_donotwant Stop that. All the time. Quit emailing me that s**t. Why do you have a 160 pages of tifs oh god stop.

Dulcet Scarface

I finally just sent in a .tiff with a note saying "if you want a transparent BG, Email me for the .psd. Because I have sent five hours trying. Downloaded things. Tried converters. I am just fed up with it.

Did upload the nice little transparent PNG (glorious easy to do png) to my DA though; http://faythx.deviantart.com/art/MTAC-2013-Chibi-Contest-Entry-356833158 XDDD

But yeah, I can only imagine they want the .tiff file because of shirts. They like to use the winning entry for merchandise. Usually shirts.

Silverah's Pardner

Stellar Lightbringer

160 pages... of TIF files... that's... inhuman 8| I am so so so so so so so sorry Carneli :[

Shanyume's Wife

Romantic Senshi

That is a scary thing...

In other news...Skyrim...why you fail me...

Omnipresent Phantom

14,900 Points
  • Member 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
Dawnguard seems kinda fun so far. My file keeps freezing after I got banished from the vampire castle. *sigh* Earlier save file is WAY before that.

Shanyume's Wife

Romantic Senshi

Mine just froze after getting half way through a dragon fight....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff