Okay, I'll keep this poll, I promise. Item Shop - What would you like to see inside of it?
|Premade Items?||33.3%||[ 2 ]|
|Custom Items?||33.3%||[ 2 ]|
|Necklaces||0.0%||[ 0 ]|
|Gems||16.7%||[ 1 ]|
|Headdresses||0.0%||[ 0 ]|
|Feathers||0.0%||[ 0 ]|
|Doodads for Familiars Too||0.0%||[ 0 ]|
|Handhelds||0.0%||[ 0 ]|
|Masks||16.7%||[ 1 ]|
|Total Votes:||[ 6 ]|
- Report Post
- Posted: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 04:11:01 +0000
○ Read the Whole Front Page!
○ Follow the TOS
○ Respect Each Other
○ All Trades Come to Me
○ Send Trades Immediately
○ 1 Day to Send Trade, then Report
○ Do Not Steal
○ No Begging
○ Beefs Go to PM's
○ You May Not Proxy During Events
○ Babies Can't Be Sold
○ Co-Owning Is Not Allowed
○ Follow the Naming Rules
○ However, Babies May Be Given Away
○ They May Be Gifted!
○ Long Usernames May Be Shortened
○ Dolls Cannot Be Traded
○ You MAY Tweak Uncerts ONLY for Your Sig!
(This Includes Adding Familiars or Natives With Your Dragon for Display)
○ 11/23/12 - Short Hiatus! (New Job)
○ 11/4/12 - New familiar! Frogs!
○ 11/3/12 - Flying Fish Flatsale begins!
○ 11/1/12 - Halloween event is over now, shop is getting updated.
○ 10/24/12 - New Banners! What do you think?
○ 10/20/12 - Customized native dolls are added to the shop!
○ 10/19/12 - New adult stage, and first familiar are added!
○ 10/3/12 Heavymodathon thread begins for Halloween!
○ 9/30/12 - Double Flatsale Begins! Winners will be announced on Owners Post! Naming system is beginning to be implemented.
○ 9/28/12 - Our pixelist is hired! Ici Chiot. First Flatsale designed to go!
○ 9/23/12 - Halloween fun is in the make!
○ 9/8/12 - I am hiring ONE colorist for now! Just one, a partner to help gather ideas, and who can do their own flatsales. Someone who is pixel oriented must apply, and they must be able to do line edits for things such as potion customs! More info in the post below the certs.
○ 9/7/12 - Thread is now completely put together with some minor tweaks! Dice Roll Contest, plus the Neverending Flatsale and post game are set up!
○ 9/6/12 - Thread was opened!
- Report Post
- Posted: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 04:11:23 +0000
Start: When Jester posts the word "Go." (11/3/12)
End: When all are gone!
Claimed: 3, 5, 1
Familiars are 1k each. If you win, send the trade to Jesters. No form! Just go ahead and post your prefs.
Post the numbers in order to which you want most. You can leave ones out you're not interested in. If you win, go into the certing thread and take the form for the flying fish familiar. (There is only one for now, these are our first familiars.)
These are familiars. You must have a serpent for them to be attached to.
There is a catch - the first to win a fish will get to determine what the next familiar will be, and I will pixel them up immediately. The winner will receive the first one free, and will be allowed to determine the next way they are released. (Flatsale, Flaffle, Raffle, Dice Roll, etcetera.) They will receive half of the gold for the event.
- Report Post
- Posted: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 04:11:48 +0000
○ Thousands of years prior, on a massive floating island, waters were bright, cheerful, and often blue and shallow. There were very few deep areas, and the ones that were had been filled with menacing monsters. The center outer rim was made of land, and the massive center was all water, a great sea. Giant serpents spent their time here. So massive were they, a talon could be used to support a native’s hut. The natives that lived there, survived on the land by farming and controlling their livestock. They were peaceful, and did not like to be disrupted by outside sources.
○ Beneath the water, lived the serpents, who the natives sometimes hunted for their glorious talons. They sharpened them into spears, crafted jewelry and useful tools out of them, and sometimes for the larger ones, made bowls or cooking pots. But the serpents were tired of being hunted, watching their kin be slaughtered and mutilated for their bones.
○ One night, they rose to fight, and a 40 year war ensued between the two species to survive. The serpents slaughtered men who came too close to the waters edge. They were able to lift themselves out of the water, and surprise hunters, and stole them away beneath the waves before they could shriek. Nights were easier, for the brightly colored serpents. They could slip below the waves and merge with the darkness. During the day, the blue ones were trained as warriors, able to blend in with their surroundings much easier than any other color of scale.
○ When the natives saw that they had no choice, they began to think of another way to end the war. Fighting was getting nowhere, and men, women, and children were taken by the sea each day. The war was so bloody, there was no alternative for either race but to eventually die off, or kill all of one side.
○ They sent a man to the water, quivering and shaking in terror, hoping to avoid a surprise attack, so that they may introduce a treaty. When one of the massive creatures rose out of the water, dripping and snarling at the messenger, he shakily raised a hand, holding a sheet of tree bark, which had been stripped flat, and had been written on with some form of ink.
○ Confused, the serpent lowered its head, and cautiously studied the hunter. He pointed to the bark, and in his own tongue, informed the serpent of their plan. In exchange for a few of their eggs, they would make peace. Both creatures had to find a middle ground. The natives would be able to fish better with a serpent to slither beneath the waves, and the serpents would have more food available from the land. In addition to this, there would be a binding between the hatchling and the native who held it. There would be chosen warriors among the natives who would hold an ema. That ema would be magically bound to him through ritual with both a present serpent, and the native chief.
○ When the ema would hatch, magic would allow him to last longer on land with his human friend, and the native who held him would be able to breath and see under water. This would allow a smoother transition of life between the Earthwalkers, and the Seaswimmers. When the serpent heard all of the natives words, he bowed his head, and dove beneath the water to inform his own leader what had transpired.
○ When the serpent’s chief decided finally that it was a good idea, he sent the same serpent who had listened to the native, back to the surface. The natives had remained where they were, awaiting a response that was hopefully peaceful. When he returned to the surface, the native who had spoken previously returned to the beach, and looked up at him. The serpent informed them then, in same tongue of the natives, that his chief had also conceded to the treaty. He brought with him six ema, one of each different color of the common serpents.
○ He informed the natives that six of their mightiest warriors must choose a color, and that serpent will be his ally and friend. The generations of serpents and hunters would generate from these hunters, making a special magical blood-bond through the years. As this strengthened, their magic would become more acute, and more amazing things and powers would emerge between their species.
○ The natives were proud and happy for this new addition to the treaty, and the effect it would have. They agreed, and from then on, the generations of serpents and natives became closely knit to survive together. The natives came up with a name to call the creatures, who agreed they should have a term for one another. The serpents were known as Kyna (K-ee-nah), and the natives were known as Inkye (Ink-yeh).
They Kyne and Inkye live on a floating island in the sky. They are the only island they know of in the area, although it's been though of by the Natives that the serpents were the original inhabitants, and that they had somehow migrated there centuries prior to them. They have made numerous attempts to look out over the edge, or off in the distance for another island like them. But none has been found. For now, the Natives, serpents and other creatures present accept this.
○ Zilani - Is the darkest place on the map. No one is allowed to go here. The shadows of the Ingen Mountains hides monsters that dig, and bury themselves underneath the ground. The Inkye who commit crimes, or who are exiled from their tribes end up staying here. It's also rumored that those who are sent here morph into the monsters themselves. It is cursed.
○ Ingen - These mountains are the tallest range. They rest toward the back of the island, and surround the darkened Zilani. The Inkye use its highest peak during their ceremonies. Particularly when boys become men. A boy is given a single ax, and warm garments. They fend for themselves, and then climb the entire way up. The colder it becomes at the top of the mountain, the harder the boy must learn to control his discomfort. If he can overcome this, then he is considered a man. Along with this ceremony, the Inkye worship their gods at the base here. Many travelers will find flowers and offerings at the base of the mountain, and sometimes there will be whole cooked meals.
○ Lamenya - This is where the Kyna reside. In the darkest recess of the sea, they take cover in underwater caves that burrow into the sea bed. Some of these caves are so dark and deep, that they Kyna refuse to pass through them. This is the deepest part of the sea, and also the most dangerous. During the war with the Inkye, the blue Kyna would slip out from this dark pool, and slide up to the beach where they would lay directly under the water for an ambush. The Inkye were afraid to even step onto the beach for fear a Kyna would be laying in wait.
○ Arngen - These are the smaller bridge of mountains on the east of the island. They aren't even high enough to catch snow. The majority of these mountains is home to birds or goats who climb the sides. They offer protection for the hill Ninya below them, and offer shade to the Lamenya pool.
○ Ninya - Ninya is the peaceful field below the Arngen Mountains. The majority of the Inkye make their homes here, where the sun rises on the land. It gets the best sunlight, and has the richest soil. Corn, beans, and potatoes are grown here easily, while off underneath the shade of the mountains, the Inkye allow their livestock to graze. This is often looked upon as the opposite of Zilani, and is also considered the safest place from it due to its distance. The tribes that make their home in this prairie have made their own special lakes where their Kyna can swim and remain with them. They are filled with rain water rather than salt, and often times the Kyna who live here miss the salt water fish.
- Report Post
- Posted: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 04:12:16 +0000
○ As linearts and such are bought, icons will be displayed on what all kinds of line edits you can get! Kyna reproduce asexually, there is no variation in male or female bases.
○ All Kyna starts off as an ema, an egg. These ema will last for one week before they hatch into little akan, wurmlings.
○ Akan are vulnerable, can’t see, and have yet to grow into their spines or trademark fins. They haven’t even grown into the beak-like point at the end of their nose or teeth, and mostly chew on kelp. They spend much of their time asleep with their siblings. When they grow up in about two weeks, they reach their final adult stage, the ehyo.
○ The Ehyo are adults. These are massive creatures now, with beautiful fins and spines for defense. Their beak-like mouths have grown in, their teeth, and they are able to feed on fish, instead of just kelp. Their talons are shaper, longer, and more deadly, and their legs are stable enough to hold them up while on land. Their eyes are open, and are able to see great distances underwater. (There are two different sprites for adults. They can be differentiated in a custom, but generally it is random whether an Akan will turn into either version.)
○ The shemal are legendary, and are few and far between. These are the Elder Ones, the largest, and most wise. They become much larger than their ehyo past, and spend the majority of their time so deep underwater, that they forget the human world above even exists. To travel and find one is extremely rare, and when it does happen, the shemal are known to give cryptic messages about the future. All common ema are 3k each. (The Neverending Flatsale.)
LM1 - LM2 - LM3 - LM4 === LF1 - LF2 - LF3 - LF4
DM1 - DM2 - DM3 - DM4 === DF1 - DF2 - DF3 - DF4
I can also make these blink, both on the cert and single.
I can also make these blink, both on the cert and single.
The natives of the Isle of Enkinye are those who have the serpents as companions. And since we have serpents... why not the natives? Natives are generally darker skinned from the sun on Enkinye, so there are two shades of skin added, but both are generally pretty dark.
They will not grow, nor will they breed. These are special pixel designs of your native, the one who is in charge of your serpents. They can only claim one serpent in their certificate as their own, however you may buy as many of these as you want. They are fully customizable.
When they are almost complete, I will PM you a sample stamped image of how they're turning out. This is the ONLY chance you will get to tell me if you want something change, so take your time, and really look at it!
Natives are 50k each, because they are fully designed each time. To order AND cert these, go here: Certing Thread. Make sure you tell me which pose you want!
Frogs Have Arrived!
New: Frogs are a common find around the small ponds and rivers around Enkinye. They are almost as common as flying fish are in the sea, but they are a little dull in the brain. Sometimes serpents go for days trying to find their frog, if only because they look so alike to other frogs. Some of the more poisonous ones are brightly colored, but all still reside in fresh water ponds. They are among the few fresh water creatures the serpents have as familiars. (Their lily pads are optional. You can choose to have one or not in the certing thread form.)
Flying fish are known to aid the serpents in finding their way home. They have the ability to leap out of the water, and glide on currents of air for a short while. For serpents, flying fish are the most common and easily found familiar in the water, and they share a close connection. While flying fish promised the serpents companionship, the serpents promised the same in return. It is highly looked down upon for a serpent to eat a flying fish.
Go here to cert a familiar you have: Certing Thread
- Report Post
- Posted: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 04:13:17 +0000
For the serpents who have found natives as companions, they are often called things related to what the Natives know. Things simple things such as Wind, Red Scales, and Water Swimmer are very common. They are often named as eggs. The ones that are found older, often either have prior names, or are given changed ones. It takes some time for them to adjust to the different name, but they often come around with some coaxing, or hearing it numerous times.
For the ones who live alone, have not found a native as a friend, their naming is quite different. Since the serpents speak in a different language than the natives do, but they are both able to understand one another because of living so near. They base their names on sounds. Often, they mean nothing to Natives, who find it to be extremely hard to pronounce. Names with pretty noises are often chosen as well, in association to what they know the sound to be.
For instance, the sound of waves that hit the beach would sound something similar to Washiss, or Rahvissh. Something more related to wind would be along Woah, or Rowe, depending on if it's a low roar noise, or a howling rainstorm wind. Sometimes they are named later on, once the hatchling had time to wander around and stumble into something they liked. If a serpent stumbles onto land, and discovers he likes grass, he may name himself after the swishing sound the grass makes in the wind, or the crunching noise beneath his two front feet, or tail.
This opens up very many varieties and possibilities for names in both avenues, although it is known for serpents to keep two names once they've bonded with a Native. Amongst the Kyna, they are known as their serpent name. When they are among their Native friends, they are known by their much simpler name.
- Report Post
- Posted: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 04:14:05 +0000
○ Potions are not part of the stages, but they can effect the offspring. If you buy a specific colored potion, your serpent will have that effect at birth. If you buy any line edits, any at all, they are logged for possible use later so as to save work. This also leaves room for more possibilities during events. Your custom lines will be up for grabs during raffles or dice games as recolored designs, but NEVER in a flatsale or flaffle. We want variety here.
○ These are customs! Potions will be available in batches, split between red, orange and yellow, and blue, green and indigo. Each set of 3 has their own slots, because of their complexity. If you buy one of them during open slots, I will do your custom for you. If you order when there's closed slots, or slots only open for a specific kind, you can bribe.
Yes, you are buying the sprite too when you do, so long as you don't have that color. You can use them however you like in the forum, including post styles and other threads for decoration. Don't claim them as yours, but link me so I can see! I like to see creative things people do with post styles, and shops! (They were a favorite in my mule account food store. Also, MissMintopolis is my mule, I did not steal these.)
○ Red - 5k/Ema - 1k/Adult- A recolor request, such as one not among the common.
○ Orange - 10k/Ema - 5k/Ehyo - A double color request, possible pattern.
○ Yellow - 15k/Ema - 10k/Ehyo - Three or more than three colors, complex pattern.
○ Green - 100k/Ema - 50k/Ehyo - This is for something such as fangs, or horns.
○ Blue - 200k/Ema - 100k/Ehyo - This is more like a different shaped tail, or talons.
○ Indigo - 300k/Ema - 150k/Ehyo - These are for wings, large horns, open mouths, etcetera.
Head over to the guild to place your orders here: Custom Requests
○ Jesters Slots: Red, Orange and Yellow Potions Only:
- Report Post
- Posted: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 04:14:42 +0000
○ Flatsales: Flatsales are held by the artist, where a certain amount of special ema are posted for a short period of time. These are also known as Speedsales. First post to claim an ema, gets said ema, and so on.
○ Raffles: Raffles are when a group of ema are up for grabs. One person may enter in one ticket at a time, and they are assigned a number. Each person posts a list of preferred pets if there are more than one ema. When that number is pulled, they get their first pick if it is not already taken by another user who posted first.
○ Flaffles: Flaffles run as a mix of Flatsales and Raffles. The differences are no one pays for a ticket, they just throw in one, and only pay if they win the serpent. Everyone gets a chance, and it's good for those with a low amount of gold. It's an excellent newbie event!
○ Auctions: Auctions are when a special ema is up for grabs, or perhaps it’s not even an ema at all. Sometimes, a fully grown ehyo will be for up for bidding that won’t ever be sold again. Each person willing to bid must bid by a designated increment higher than the previous highest bidder. Sometimes this increment is low, sometimes it is high. Usually, there is an auto-buy option next to the water serpent up for grabs.
○ Common ema are 3k each. Colors not on this list are a Red Potion level of custom! Customs are usually open as long as there is an empty slot. Only the loop version of the Ehyo will be used for these. Its variation will not be.
○ When they are ready to grow, I will quote you with your growth! I will also keep a short list of certs until they are adults. As adults, they will be listed for 1 day, and they will be taken down again. If you lose your cert, just ask me! I keep them all on file. They will come in whatever color you like to match your ema, akan, or ehyo, so make sure you tell me in your post what color you want it to be! A code is a perfect way to do this if you want a specific color. This will add some nice color in the shop, and also show people what a fully functional cert will look like.
Once you order, place your certing information in the guild: Certing Thread
- Report Post
- Posted: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 04:15:19 +0000
Jester: 3 Slots!
○ Self-reproducing ehyo get to keep their babies. That's pretty obvious.
○ When breeding is opened, it costs about 15k for adult ehyo offspring, and 20k for ema. Parents can split that between them if they'd like to, but one person can pay all of it if they want. In the case of three or four, the dividing of the babies is up to the parents. You can also freebie babies to newbies, but we're a pretty small shop right now, so that's totally up to you.
○ It does not take two to do a breeding! Kyna reproduce asexually, and during a certain time of year, will lay a clutch of ema, approximately one, but a surprise two can come around occasionally. Unfortunately, your babies are limited to your color scheme when you reproduce this way. There's no other genetics in there to mix and match! When breeding is opened, it means that time of year has come!
○ Because they reproduce asexually, a couple may be the same "gender." It doesn't matter if two are female, or two are male.
○ If you had a potion mutate your serpent, it’s possible for one or more of the offspring in the clutch to have that edit. Which means some will come out normal, and some will have the genetic mutation upon hatching.
○ If your serpent happened to pair up with a mate, you will be granted more ema. Two, but up to three, with four sometimes surprising parents! A happy loving couple is more likely to reproduce more than a loner who must!
- Report Post
- Posted: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 04:15:58 +0000
○ If they're asexual, why have two different adult sprites?
Random generation. They may either change into the loop version, or the long version. This isn't determined by anyone but the artist, and its completely random, unless specified in a custom.
○ Am I limited to the line edit examples?
No! Go ahead and be creative. Depending on the complexity, I will suggest to you which potion would fit your order better.
○ Why are the default ema constantly for sale?
For those who drop by my shop when I’m not doing something fun! Tis a pet forum after all, no? Why not have some there for those who missed an event?
○ What about free ema?
I love random-dropping! I will occasionally do an ema, or an adult, and post them in the thread for a game of quote tag! If you grab the pet in a quote first, you'll get him. I love these kinds of games!
○ Why are potions so expensive?
Because things like line edits are hard, whereas things like recolors are not. The more advanced your request, the more I will charge.
○ Why are there naming rules?
It gives the shop a theme and a feeling. It's realistic, and opens up creative opportunities for Native names, or serpent ones.
○ Your shop is too much like Mini Shops.
Tis a growing pet shop. I just run a little differently.
○ No sending trades to the mule?
No mule. Just send your trades to me, I can handle it better that way.
○ Is this shop RP required in any way?
Nope. Although I'd prefer if you did stick around an RP. There are quirks and such to sticking around and doing so. Including more freebie giveaways.
○ Are you hiring?
Not at the moment, no.
- Report Post
- Posted: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 04:16:39 +0000