Welcome to Gaia! ::

Visitors

+1 1 100.0% [ 342 ]
Total Votes:[ 342 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 3909 3910 3911 > >> >>> »|

Tricky Fairy

User Image

Welcome to The Bijoux Burrow. I am Gwen and I am the owner and head Caretaker of this lovely place. I want you all to enjoy yourselves and have fun here. The Bijoux are wonderful creatures. Nothing like them have ever been seen before and now they are here to stay and choose their Guardian. So I invite you all to stick around and perhaps you might just get chosen.

User Image

Important Links
                                    User ImageOur Guild
                                    User ImageCert thread
                                    User ImagePick up thread
                                    User ImageHiring Thread Here!

User Image

Finding what you need:
                                    User ImageIntro/Table of Contents
                                    User ImageRules
                                    User ImageNews
                                    User ImageFAQ
                                    User Image Story
                                    User ImagePets/Stages
                                    User Image Availability
                                    User Image Customs
                                    User Image Breedings
                                    User Image The Lists
                                    User ImageAffiliates
                                    User Image Staff
                                    User ImageCredits

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
User Image
User Image

User ImageFollow and Obey or be Punished

User Image Follow ALL of Gaia´s TOS and the B/C Forum Rules as well.

User ImageDO NOT: edit, or otherwise steal any of the artwork. This should be a given, anyone caught doing so will be blacklisted, banned and reported.

User ImageDO NOT: beg for a pet. There are many ways and opportunities to get one if you stick around. Anyone found harassing any staff member for a free pet will be blacklisted and banned from the shop and guild.

User ImageBe courteous in the thread and through PMs. This goes without saying, no matter how angry you are at someone. Please remember this rule. There is no reason for discourtesy, and people will not listen to you, in general, if you are being discourteous to them.

User ImageDO NOT: direct-link. The staff Photobucket account sees a lot of traffic, and direct-linking may cause them to go over quota so please save to your own server. If you have a growing pet, the cert for the next stage will be propped in the thread. We are not responsible if one of your pets gets erased from out PB.

User ImageDO NOT: sell your pets, or the offspring of your pets. They may be given away, gamed off, or gifted as prize of a game hosted by the parent´s owners. However, please pm Bijoux Burrow with details if you'd like to give your pet(s) away to someone else. In the event that you don't have anyone to give them to, you may give them back to the shop, and the owner will find a new home for them. There are no refunds for any of the Bijoux that you obtained by any means.

User ImageFor your and our convenience every pet will be dropped off in the guild in the respective thread. So please check the pickup thread regularly or PM Bijoux Burrow if you are missing something.

User ImageCo-owning is allowed. Just let Gwendolyn Barrett know and say so in the certing information to get your pets correctly certed.

User ImageDO NOT: try to make individuals feel guilty for having a lot of pets - they have spent a lot of time and effort and gold to earn them, and they deserve each and every one.

User ImageDO NOT: Whining or guilt tripping others thread.

User ImageTry and keep the Quote Trees down to five, preferably three. If you break this, its not the end of the world, but you will get poked and reminded to make them shorter. Quotes stretch the pages ungodly amounts.

User ImageWhen you see an Ending and Beginning time-frame, these are only approximations. No Events begin or end unless a Staff Member makes an Official Post.

User ImageAs soon as you post for Raffle Tickets, or a Speedsale Send trade Immediately. We will cancel the trade if your preferences have gone during a Speedsale. Effective 2/1/14

User ImageI am Goddess hear me roar. I can change or add to the rules at any time.

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
User Image
User Image

User Image9-20-14-Hiring colorists

User ImageLisa Frank event coming soon!

User Image9-20-14-Hiring colorists

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
User Image
User Image

User ImageYou have questions, we have answers.

I have another question that isn't on here!
                                    Ship it to Bijoux Burrow in a PM, and we'll see what we can do.

Do you accept RL payment for pets from The Bijoux Burrow?
                                    No. The only currencies accepted for Bijoux are Gaia gold, pet trades, art, or an Item of approx. the same price as the Bijoux.

Do I direct-link?
                                    No. Please save to your own servers! We are not responsible for erased images from our PB.

Do you need a colorist?
                                    Yes, Even though full time positions are filled but you can always put an application in and I (Gwen) will look it over. We do need some additional Part timers and a few more guests as well as a Gardner or 2. so please check out the Hiring thread (tink found in the first post)

How can I get a Bijoux of my own?
                                    There are lots of ways to get a pet from The Bijoux Burrow - you can get one through a flat sale, raffle, custom, an event, or an auction. If you stick around the thread, there's even a chance that a colorist will give you one for free if you're a dedicated newbie. Or that someone will give you a baby from their breeding! Activity counts for a lot, and if you hang around, chances are it won't take you very long to get one to get your collection started.

How many Bijoux may I own?
                                    You may own as many as you want. There's no limit on the total number of Bijoux you may own, but you may be restricted to getting only one or two per event.

My Bijoux isn’t growing! Why is that?
                                    Generally, a Bijou will have a specific time of growth for each stage (and there are four stages). Please do not expect them to grow before that time period! This growth schedule is in place to make certain that players have enough time to Roleplay their pets at each stage. It is possible that RL problems for the colorist will cause growth delays, as well. RL happens. Do not PM anyone directly (you may PM Bijoux Burrow, however) or complain in-thread if this happens.

Can Bijoux breed?
                                    Of course they can. RP is not required for this, but if you have Roleplayed your romance, fling with another person´s pet, or are in a herd you will get bonus added to the breeding.

Can I ever have more than one of my Bijoux offspring?
                                    You get one 'free' Kit from your own Bijoux, and only one. This means that if you breed two of your own Bijoux together you have used up that 'free' baby from both of them.

Why do you limit owners to keeping just one Kit from each Bijoux you breed?
                                    To encourage generosity! It's more fun to share the love, and giving out lots of babies gives you new people to roleplay with. And who knows, maybe others may gift you one of their babies too.

How long does it take to receive Kit from a breeding?
                                    It can take anywhere from less than a day to three weeks. Please do not badger colorists during this time. Everyone here has RL to attend to at some point or another.

Can I give away/sell my Bijoux or my Kits?
                                    You may not sell them or trade them. However, you may give them away to friends, or offer them in a contest.

Are these RP required?
                                    No. You can buy it and never show up again, if you'd like. You will not lose your pet. But we would certainly love it if you stuck around and talked with us.

Where do we RP?
                                    All roleplay takes place in The Bijoux Burrow guild. Or you may do some light RP in the thread.

When and where is the setting located?
                                    The Bijoux Burrow is set in a vast field or meadow where there are burrows all around.

Can they be homosexual?
                                    We have no problems with that. However, if they wanted children, they´d have to use a surrogate father or mother.

Do humans exist in this world?
                                    Yes, they do,but, because this shop is so focused on the Bijoux humans don't play a big part in this world.

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
User Image
User Image

User Image How it all started

The Bijoux are a peaceful creature. Caretakers and Gardner’s have maintained the fields and meadows there the Bijoux call home. They live in Burrows that they build and these burrows consist of many dwellings. The most basic burrow has been known to have a nesting room, a place for them to sleep with a larger area where the alpha male and female dwell, Food storage, a place for healing, a grand meeting room where important things that deal with the herd are planned, and off of those, other Bijoux build rooms for themselves. The Bijoux prefer to live in herds and great Burrows are built to house the large family and rooms added to already existing burrows for new members. I bet your wondering how the Bijoux came to be, well that is a question may of us Caretakers and Gardner’s ask ourselves as we are not quite sure either. It is a rare sight to see the beginning stage of a Bijou but they have been seen. They are called Crystals, but some call them eggs or gems as it looks like a crystal formation with a large egg sized gem in the center. No matter what you call it, it is still a beauty to behold and a rare find indeed. Even rarer than the Crystal, are Bijoux with wings that are not attached to their back but to their head. If you are lucky enough to find a crystal, look at it closely to see if there is an engraving on it. It your crystal has a wing engraved in it you are very lucky indeed for not only do you have a rare crystal, but you will have a rare Bijou with wings. Now humans play the role of a Guardian to the Bijoux. A human cannot just pick up a Bijoux; the Bijoux must pick the human it wants as a guardian. After that the two are bonded for life and the Guardian must tend to the Bijoux‘s every need. The Bijoux male has a fluffy, gorgeous tail that he must keep clean and looking nice. It is the tail of the Bijoux male that attracts the Female.

Who am I? You ask, Well that is simple my friend, I am one of many Caretakers here among the burrows. I was the first to discover these beautiful creatures and I wish you to come join me for a walk. Perhaps you might get lucky and a Bijoux will choose you or you just might find a Crystal in the tall grass of the meadow. Take a look around, make some friends or even live nearby but never force a Bijoux to do something it does not want to do. Please enjoy your stay here at The Bijoux Burrow.

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
User Image
User Image

User Image

Stage1
                                    Lasts 2 weeks
                                    If it's a first Gen Bijoux that doesn't come from a breeding then you'll find it in its Crystal/Egg stage. Even though it is rare to find them, this is one of the more common ways to find a Bijoux. It makes bonding easier because you are the first person it will see when breaks out.

Stage 2
                                    Lasts 2 weeks
                                    If it comes from a breeding then it's called a Kit/Baby. Kit’s like to sleep a lot as they are still growing and are still very weak. They can’t quite walk yet but one day soon they will be up and running all over the place

Stage 3
                                    Lasts for 1 Month
                                    Your kit soon becomes stronger and is able to walk around on its own. It acts a lot like a kitten and is very rambunctious This is the Young adult or Teen stage.

Stage 4
                                    Lasts forever
                                    One day you notice you’re that your youngling has grown up into an adult. Now it is free to start a family of its own and build a burrow to live in and call home. Oh don’t worry it’ll never leave you as you are its guardian and its bonded to you for life.

The Winged Bijoux:

These rare Bijoux have wings attached to their heads. Yes they can fly with them though that may seem impossible. There may be times where these Bijoux come out of hiding and if you’re lucky you may just get chosen by one.

Fairies:
                                    User Image

Angels:
                                    User Image

Demons:
                                    User Image

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
User Image
User Image

How can I be chosen as a guardian?

User ImageFlatsales:
                                    Speed/Flaffle
                                    A note on Speedsales: In this type of flatsale, the first person to post for the specific pet they are trying for will get the pet and pay for it. DO NOT EDIT YOUR POST IN A SPEED SALE. This is considered cheating, and will get you disqualified from the sale or banned from the shop. You may proxy for one friend.

A note on Flaffles: A flaffle is a raffle-style flatsale. In this type of flatsale, anyone who wants the pet offered must post within a certain timeframe to get a ticket. The tickets will then be randomly drawn to determine who will get the pet and pay for it. In a flaffle, you do not have to pay unless you are drawn to get a pet.

User Image Auctions
                                    Once in a while there will be a special made Bijoux that will only be available to be owned in an Auction. Check page 2 for these special pets and how to get them.

User Image Raffles
                                    In a raffle, you will buy tickets to get a chance to win a pet. You pay for as many tickets as you want and can afford; your name will be put into a list as many times as you have paid for, and at the end of the time set for the raffle, the person running the raffle will randomize a winner. The winner doesn't have to pay anything else. You are not guaranteed to win, unless you're the only person in the raffle. What you're paying for is the chance to get the pet.

User ImageGames
                                    Random games will be hosted at different times in the shop. All have different rules, so be sure to read them over carefully if you want to win a Bijoux from these. Refer to page 2 to see if there are any ongoing games at the moment.

User ImageEvents
                                    Periodically throughout the year there will be events in the shop. Most will be themed events, and will be posted on page 2 of the shop.

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
User Image
User Image

User ImageSpecial Bijoux

User ImagePremade:

Are available for those who would like a pet when one isn't readily available, but are on a budget. We offer the option of adult-only or growing, and allow you to choose the gender. However, everything else, from coloring to markings, is up to the colorist. We call them premade because we encourage colorists to have one of each gender of growing and non-growing on hand, in case someone requests one. Premades are only available when a colorist has custom spots open.

User Image

User ImageBasic Customs:

Are one step above premade. As before, both adult-only and growing are available, and you get to choose the gender. However, in addition to this, you get to choose a single marking suggestion and may pick from the following: 2 colors, 1 posted or linked palette, an inspiration image, song, or poem. After that, everything is up to the colorist.

User Image

User ImageSemi-Custom:

Allow a bit more flexibility for you. As before, both adult-only and growing are available, and you get to choose the gender. However, in addition to this, you get to choose a more complex design and may pick from the following: 3 colors, 1 posted or linked palette, an inspiration image, song, or poem. After that, everything is up to the colorist. Semi-customs are available when a colorist has custom spots open.

User Image

User ImageFull Customs, and Full Edited Customs:

They are available as either adult only, child to adult, or egg to adult, and once again, you choose the gender. In addition to this, you choose the specific colors and marking schemes of the Bijoux though allowances must be made to the colorist in order to ensure that the colors look good with our templates. Color-only cosplays are certainly allowed, and reference pictures are greatly encouraged. Full Customs are available when a colorist has spots open, and may be available as well for a bribe when spots are not open, though inquiries should be posted in the colorist's thread, and never PMed to the colorist themselves.

User Image

User ImagePricing:

Non Growing Premade - 15k
                                    Growing Premade - 25k
                                    With wings:40k

Non Growing Basic -35k
                                    Growing Basic - 45k
                                    With wings: 60k

Non Growing Semi Custom - 55k
                                    Growing SemiCustom - 65k
                                    With wings:80k

Non Growing Full Custom - 85k
                                    Growing Full Custom - 100k
                                    With wings: 120k

Cosplay and Full edits: price is up to the colorist.

User Image

Please check the Custom slots availability in the guild for each colorist to see who is available.

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
User Image
User Image

Starting a Family

Bijoux can only breed once a month

User Image

User ImageCommon Breedings

Available only to Opposite sex couples

In a common breeding, the colorings and markings of the parents are likely to show up in some way on the children. Common breeding's have a max size of 5 babies per breeding
                                    Life time mating's will increase the breeding result by one baby, but life mates are bound together and may never breed with any other Bijoux but their mate.
                                    Each owner keeps only one baby and has to gift or game off the rest of the babies.
                                    The breeding price is paid by both parents. Half and half for each pet owner.

User Image

User Image Surrogate Parent Breedings

Available only to same sex couples.

In a surrogate breeding, the colorings and markings of the parents are likely to show up in some way on the children. There is a small chance that the colorings and markings of the surrogate parent may also show up on any of the children.
                                    Surrogate breedings have a max size of 4 babies per breeding
                                    Life time mating's will increase the breeding result by one baby, but life mates are bound together and may never breed with any other Bijoux but their mate.
                                    Each owner keeps only one baby and has to gift or game off the rest of the babies.
                                    The breeding price is paid by both parents. Half and half for each pet owner.
                                    Unless given a baby by one of the couple in the breeding, the surrogate's owner has no claim on any babies in a surrogate breeding.

User Image

User Image Herds:
                                    The Bijoux can live in herds and breed within a herd if they so chose. This is a considerable advantage as the litter size doubles depending on the breeding you choose.

User Image

User Image Roleplaying:
                                    If you roleplayed out the relationship of the Bijoux, then and add bonus of +1 is added to the litter count

User Image

User Image Pricing:

Normal:
                                    Common-40k
                                    Surrogate-60k

Heard:
                                    Common-50k
                                    Surrogate-70k .

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
User Image
User Image

The Good:

User ImageThe Staff
                                    User ImageOur Guests
                                    User ImageOur Donators

User Image

The Bad

rainbowunicornkitty--Not completing trades. She will be removed from this list once all trades are complete.
                                    User Image

User Image

The Ugly

No One...Lets keep that way
                                    User Image

User Image

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
User Image
User Image

Links In:

Want to be our friend and help support us? Then add our Tag to your shop, guild, or Signature. Want to Affiliate? Then send the Mule a Pm with your tag and code.

User Image
                                    [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.81909955/][img]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u426/BijouxBurrow/bd3e0da1.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
                                    [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.81909955/][img]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u426/BijouxBurrow/2b52e23f.gif[/img][/url]

User Image

Links Out:

Visit these fine shopes as well. Inactive Shops/broken links will be removed.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
User Image
User Image

Bijoux Burrow: Shop/guild Mule
                                    Gwendolyn Barrett: Owner
                                    Koska_Arcus: Co-Owner/Banner Maker, full-time colorist, Manager (need something ask her)
                                    Leonaenae: Part-time colorist
                                    Lady Ayanai: Part-Time colorist
                                    Xe-mu-na-su: Head Certist

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
User Image
User Image

Lines and templates by Unrisen Phoenix
                                    Thread Layout and Cert by Pax Britanica (AKA: PaxPea)

Items used on the yule fairy belong to the owner of the items. I modified them to work for the pet and I had for got to make note of it here in this section of the shop. I am sorry for any harm caused by this. I will be removing the items from the pet and have the pet recerted for the owner. Again I am sorry for not mentioning this soon.

Also to avoid further distress to the shop... the Roses on the gram cups were found on photobucket. I have no clue who the artist is but I mention now that I did not draw them and the art does not belong to me.
                                    ~Gwen.

Some brushes used on some of the pets were made by coby17 on DA. Below is a link to her DA page
                                    User Image
                                    wyckedbrush-Permissions in Journal
                                    Hawksmont-Permissions in TOS
                                    Obsidian Dawn-Permissions in TOS
                                    Fonts- DaFont.com/ Chopin Script

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50