Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Phantom

LaBlue Belle
Do you live now Mystaira? Oh dear~ I hope your throat improves soon!!
Yesh, I live now! ^^ Me hope it improves soon too, I dislike being sick and I have alot of artwork to work on. >.<;

Fashionable Prophet

Enikil
I'm tkaing my little sisters to that movie tomorrow *covers eyes and ears since she no likey spoilers* lol;

The visuals are pretty stunning. I have to admit some of the dialogue is stilted, but it was stilted in the books, too...I mean, how many people do you address regularly by their full names? I mean, there's only so many times I can hear "Iorek Byrnison" in the space of a few sentences and not get annoyed. Because they never once referred to Iofur by his full name, so it totally threw me off and I was like "Whut? Iofur's surname? Ragna-something? CONFUSED"

Nerd

AH I see I see. I only read half of the book then got overwhelmed in school work and forgot to pick it back up. never th eless I am a tad excited. I've heard some mixed reviews... but my sisters are all crazy excited so lolXP

Fashionable Prophet

All the steampunk community was pretty excited too, and Lyra's world is amazingly steampunky, so there you have it XDD Except the anbaric power stuff was kinda magical looking, which was a tad weird...

I think the whole conversation issues is just due to the fact that Pullman is British. It explains everything...

I have to wonder though, about the other books...I mean, there's a lot of incidental death shots in this movie, which kids wouldn't understand (because the people's daemons are just magically dusting away), but the Specters should be pretty clear that people are dying in not-so-nice ways. I wonder how kid-friendly they'll be able to make everything... O__o

Nerd

My sisters are 12 and 10 so I'm not too overly worried... they've watched probably a lot worse.... my parents are pretty easy going... but the 10 year old frightens easy so I'll have to sit next to her for sure XP

Fashionable Prophet

I just kept saying to my friends "Those bows gotta be +10 aim or something!" because people are dying like...every time somebody shoots an arrow at another person. Seriously. You can't really be that good at killing things, right? @___@

The only mildly scary part is really when Lyra goes into the cottage thing on the lake, and you have one of those jumpy moments. Everything else is pretty low key ^___^;;
*once again avoiding her take-home essay* Ah, the Nutcracker is amazing no matter how many times I've seen it... actually, no, it gets better every time since the last time I saw it I didn't really get what was going on...

Ooh, I really want to see the Golden Compass... perhaps next week...

... And what's this I read about growths??

Nerd

AnimeEyeshime
I just kept saying to my friends "Those bows gotta be +10 aim or something!" because people are dying like...every time somebody shoots an arrow at another person. Seriously. You can't really be that good at killing things, right? @___@

The only mildly scary part is really when Lyra goes into the cottage thing on the lake, and you have one of those jumpy moments. Everything else is pretty low key ^___^;;

LOl yeah .-.; funny how that works eh?

Awesoem okay! thanks :3 she shoudl be fine

Fashionable Prophet

ISN'T DESI ADORABLE, KAKUI~? ^____~

It's a good movie, so I'm sure you'll have a good time <3 The parts where Lyra reads the compass are awesome and all magically Dust-y. It's pretty nifty.

Nerd

woo *excited*

Congratz ont he growings by the way :3
HOMG!!!! They're all so cuutteee!!! 4laugh I just wanna hug all of them forever! *proceeds to do so with Desi*
Desi: *struggling desperately to get air* O.o

(were they just changed or were the changed images just not showing up for me at first..?)

Fashionable Prophet

Hehehe. I did a new journal entry for 'Mena and me to celebrate <3

(They were changed when I first got back from the movie, so...maybe you needed to refresh or something?)
Hope you and your sisters have fun watching the Golden Compass Enikil~!

Wow, there sure are a lot of you guys on. Isn't it 12 to 2 there or something? I'm so happy to see you~! whee

Ctrl-refresh Kakui~~ heart
Oh yay! You managed to get them to load properly for you! I can send you the PM now, hee. It's so much more funfunfun if you see it change first before I send the PM. whee

Maxx uploaded it at 9PST. I think your browser's cache is reallyreally strong! surprised
Haha, apparently, but they're visible now and oh so lovable. ^^
I'm so happy you think so Kakui~! whee

Ihavetosay I think 'Mena looks so floofy. I want to squish her to see her floof~! xd

A bit of admin guys :
1. Remember that the Hytes in baby stage can only bark/mew/iguana et al. No human speech yet! Although they can probably understand what you're saying.
2. They will be able to have items and accessories in the next stage~! Please let me know before their next evolution if you would like any so that Maxx can include it immediately when they're first certed, although they can be added or removed at any time. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff