Welcome to Gaia! ::

To account for this insane inflation, how much should flatsale, light-edit Hobbits go for?

3k, OG style. 0.125 12.5% [ 3 ]
50-100 million. 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 8 ]
5-25 billion. 0.20833333333333 20.8% [ 5 ]
25-50 billion. 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 2 ]
50-100 billion. 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 2 ]
hobbitses hobbitses hobbitses 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 24 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 274 275 276 > >> >>> »|

User Image

"Ϊɳ ȁ ɧȯʅȅ ϊɳ ʈɧȅ ɠȓȯΰɳɗ ʈɧȅȓȅ ȴϊѵȅɗ ȁ ɧȯϐϐiʈ.
Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort." ~ J.R.R. Tolkein, The Hobbit.

Come see the hiring thread! Come one and all and apply!~
<3

Page One➸
⒈ you are here.
⒉ resources
⒊ updates
⒋ rules/rp rules
⒌ f.a.q.
⒍ the myth
⒎ the tribute
⒏ the hobbits
⒐ careers
⒑ customs
⒒ breeding
⒓ shop/familiars
⒔ affiliates
⒕ staff
⒖ credits

main page resourcesupdates rules f.a.q. the myth tribute the hobbits
careers customs breeding shop/familiars affiliates staff credits

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Guilds
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Links
short summary of the hobbit

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
THE HOBBITS THE HOBBITS THE HOBBITS THE HOBBITS - TO ISENGARD! TO ISENGARD!

User Image 12/07/16: The hiring thread is officially posted and is currently in the process of being set up. Annaving and I, oisillon, are looking so forward to bringing this shop back to the life it used to have.

CLICK HERE FOR THE THREAD

User Image 11/07/16: So ... yeah. Typical Gaian comeback. If you haven't done it at least once, you haven't been around long enough (lulz). But SOMEONE has finally graduated University and is popping her head in to say hello!

User Image 07/28/14: What!? Has Oisi returned! Yes, it's true, she has. And therefore, a new revamped guild is in order, as well as a hiring thread. Stay tuned for more information coming from Greenie and I! <3.

User Image 10/10/13: We have officially opened! c: The thread is slowly but surely
coming together. Hang in there! We are also preparing for our Fall Festival
Grand Opening Event in celebration of Halloween! c: Lots of fun stuff coming around.

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
"Blunt the knives bend the forks! Smash the bottles and burn the corks!
Chip the glasses and crack the plates! That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!" ~ J.R.R. Tolkein, The Hobbit.

User Image Maintain a positive attitude for all wanderers in the shop.
User Image Make sure that EVERYONE feels welcomed; this means that
if someone you have never seen before posts, SAY SOMETHING.
It is one of the worst feelings in the world when you go into a
shop that you've never been in before and have no one say
anything to you.

User Image Cursing is a-okay with me; IRL, I'm a sailor. But try to limit
it to the best of your ability.

User Image No degrading the story, Tolkein's work, or those who absolutely
love The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Debate is fine,
bashing is not.

User Image Begging is prohibited, however quest threads in a special
section in the guild is a great place to see if maybe a
colorist is willing to gift you a Hobbit!

User Image More to be added as seen fit.

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image

"May the hair on your toes never fall out!" ~ J.R.R. Tolkein, The Hobbit.

Are cosplays allowed in this shop?
    Based on the poll taken in the interest thread, cosplays will be allowed, but canons will not.
    What time period does this shop focus on?
    The shop's time range is after Bilbo's excursion but before the destruction of The One Ring.
    How do I get one?
    Flatsales, Auctions, Games, Raffles, Contests, Customs, Bribes, RL Commissions, and Questing for characters are all possible ways!
    What if I don't know anything about Lord of the Rings or The Hobbits?
    That is TOTALLY fine. In the Resources post there is a short summary provided. Also, feel free to ask ANY of us; everyone is welcome, and do NOT feel intimidated by some of us Tolkein gurus.
    Is this shop RP required?
    The only required post is the initiation phase from the child/teen stage to the adult stage, and this is only if you'd like your Hobbit to grow. After that, the only required RP is if you submit yourself to the Adventurer career.
    Will my Hobbit, elf, man, or dwarf be rehomed if I become inactive?
    Absolutely not!

main page resourcesupdatesrules f.a.q. the myth tribute the hobbits

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image

"Hobbits are an unobtrusive but very ancient people, more numerous formerly than they are today; for they love peace and quiet and good tilled earth; a well-ordered and well-farmed countryside was their favourite haunt. They do not and did not understand or like machines more complicated than a forge-bellows, a water-mill, or a hand-loom, though they were skillful with tools. Even in ancient days they were, as a rule, shy of 'the Big Folk', as they call us, and now they avoid us with dismay and are becoming hard to find. They are quick of hearing and sharp-eyed, and though they are inclined to be fat and do not hurry unnecessarily, they are nonetheless nimble and deft in their movements. They possessed from the first the art of disappearing swiftly and silently, when large folk whom they do not wish to meet come blundering by; and this art they have developed until to Men it may seem magical. But Hobbits have never, in fact, studied magic of any kind, and their elusiveness is due solely to a professional skill that heredity and practice, and close friendship with the earth, have rendered inimitable by bigger and clumsier races." ~ J.R.R. Tolkein, The Lord of the Rings, Prologue: Concerning Hobbits.

It should be noted while Adventuring was not a respectable position, for RP reasons, this is set aside.

Looking for someone to draw a map~ c: Let me know if you'd be interested!

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image

No one can deny the great genius, creativity and charisma of J.R.R. Tolkein, author of the Lord of the Rings series and The Hobbit. It is through Tolkein's imagination and insight that we are able to open this shop and my only concern is to do the story and the man behind it justice.
User Image
John Ronald Rauel Tolkien was born in Bloemfontein, South Africa, on the 3rd January 1892. He moved to England when he was 3 years old. He lived at several places, while studying at college. He married with Edith Bratt in 1916. Tolkien served in the First World War, as a signal officer. However, he became ill and began to write the Silmarillion at the hospital. In 1924, Tolkien became a professor in English at the University of Leeds. The next year, he became professor in Anglo-Saxon at Oxford. His first book was published in 1937, The Hobbit (Bilbo is the Swedish title).
He began to write the Lord of the Rings (Trilogin om Härskarringen is the Swedish title. It consists of Sagan om Ringen, Sagan om de två tornen and Sagan om konungens återkomst) in the same year. In 1945, he was a professor at Melton College in Oxford and the Lord of the Rings was completed in 1949. The first two books were published in 1954 and the third in the following year. Tolkien retired in 1959 and at this time, his world reputation began to grow. The Lord of the Rings was translated into many languages and continuously republished in new editions.

Tolkien became recognised as one of the finest philologists in the world. He is however most known as the creator of Middle-earth and author of works like the Silmarillion, the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings. Tolkien died on 2nd September 1973. He was then 81 years old. J.R.R Tolkien was grieved by millions of fans, all over the world, as the greatest storyteller of our time.

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image

"I can't just go running off into the blue!
I am a Baggins of Bag End!"
~ Bilbo Baggins, J.R.R. Tolkein, The Hobbit.

User ImageUser Image
User Imagequick note: all hobbits come with nude templates. this shop is intended to be a very edit heavy shop.

Adult stages are all inked, but are currently being templated. Line previews will be up shortly~

Though they were only going to initially start as plushies, we have decided for all LoTR lovers out there to commission adults from Dawnie for them. They are non complex editable, as well as male only. Females are a possibility, depending on the popularity of these! They are also based off of the canons Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and Gandalf.
User Image

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image

"I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led. And through the air, I am he that walks unseen. I am the clue-finder, the web-cutter, the stinging fly. I was chosen for the lucky number. I am he that buries his friends alive and drowns them and draws them alive again from the water. I came from the end of a bag, but no bag went over me. I am the friend of bears and the guest of eagles. I am Ringwinner and Luckwearer; and I am Barrel-rider." ~ Bilbo Baggins, J.R.R. Tolkein, The Hobbit.
User Image

RP-ing is not a requirement for this shop in general, but it is required for the teen advancement stage as a wright of passage into adulthood, breeding, and to earn access to the separate species.
User ImagePurpose of Careers:

I felt that it was a bit too one note to just throw Hobbits into the B/C world and say, "LOOK! HOBBITS! GO!"

Careers also provide a way for those who WANT to RP but may not have as much time as others to RP as much as they feel comfortable, but NOT to feel guilty about possibly:

•Not Responding for a While
•Forgetting
•Hiatus
•Lack of Inspiration

Since your career symbol will be located on the cert, it also makes it easy for those who see others who have committed the same amount of RP time. Of course, you are free to RP whoever you want with! The purpose of this system is not to group people and separate them, but to negate the negatives that come along with engaging in RP.

So, what's the difference between them?

Essentially, each career grants a certain amount of points to the user for their RP post. You can use the points to cash in certain rewards, including edits, breeding, and access to separate species.

However, it should be noted that just because you select the Adventurers Career, doesn't mean that has to be your Hobbit's career for RP.
User Image

main page resourcesupdatesrules f.a.q. the myth tribute the hobbits

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image

This is where you can find the information regarding customs! They are opened once per month if colorists are available. Customs have a flat price based on how complex, detailed, and what stage you want your Hobbit to start out as! The prices are as follows.

ℬasic ℂustom (no edits)↠
•Adult: 1ook
•Teen: 2ook
•Baby: 25ok

Ϩemi ℂustom (either edited hair or edited clothing)↠
•Adult: 25ok
•Teen: 350k
•Baby: 4ook

ℱull ℂustom* (edited hair and clothing)↠
•Adult: 35ok+
•Teen: 45ok+
•Baby: 500k+

*subject to higher price based on colorist's opinion on complexity of desired edits

Click the below links to check for availability and slots.
Ⱥnnaving's ℂustom ℑnfo
ℰva ℒove's ℂustom ℑnfo
ℳadness_ℑnsanity's ℂustom ℑnfo

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
User Image
Ohh, love is in the air! And for our hobbitses, that means more hobbitses babies! Oooooh that makes me so excited! As long as they aren't from the Proudfoot family ... that would be the worst ...

Breeding is available to couples who have documented proof of a power love connection to one another. Therefore, there is no minimum amount of posts required for breeding.

If you would like to be considered for breeding, please send Bilbo Bagginzez a PM containing the Hobbits who want to be bred and samples of their interactions between eachother.

However, since many people will want to breed together their own Hobbitses, you can also check out the shop for any special food or items that you can purchase to help you!

Prices to be filled in later~

User Image

User ImageUser Image
User Image

Closed until construction is complete~

User Image

User ImageUser Image
User Image

If you'd like to be an affiliate with There and Back Again, copy this code and PM your to Bilbo Bagginzez.

Coming soon~

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

This is where you can find everyone who works here at There and Back Again!

ℚueen ℋobbiteer→
•oisillon

ℳiss Ӓwesomesauce→
•Green Ever After: Second in Command, Certist, Banner-maker, baby-maker, lover to oisi. <33

Ҫolorists→
•Eva Love: Full Time
•Madness_insanity: Part Time
•Annaving: Part Time
•oisillon: Whenever she feels like it.

Ҭhread ℳanager→
•Our Sextape: my other bb. <3

ℛρ ℳanager→
•Thaliawen: total tolkein whore~

ℰvent ρlanner→
•BastetAmun: our awesome game maker ;;

User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
“There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West. Some courage and some wisdom, blended in measure. If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ~ Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkein, The Hobbit.

This is a list to all people who have made this thread a possibility and an outcome. THANK you!

User Image Dawniechan: For providing the incredible art and working with me into wee hours of the night figuring out how to do things RIGHT.

User Image Evelastina: For creating the incredible, life-like, and high quality templates that we see on these Hobbitses!

User Image ElvishSorceress: For helping me GET the templates, and for being most generous in moneyz and in advice.

User Image Mandabit: For working with me to create the main banner, sub banners, dividers, and giving a damn!

User Image J.R.R. Tolkein: Who could I thank, more than you, for creating one of the greatest series ever in existence?

User Image New Line Cinema, MGM, Wingnut Films, and Warner Bros Pictures: For making these books come to life! I am not associated or affiliated with them or Tolkein of any sort.

©Dawniechan for Hobbit artwork and future species artwork.
©oisillon for concept, career and plushies sketches.
©Evelastina for templates and cert.
©Mandabit for graphics.
©J.R.R. Tolkein for Hobbit related ideas, themes, and inspiration.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces