Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I don't know anything about horse races. cool But Free Comic Book Day is a big deal for me and my mom, because we love comic books and free stuff. xd There was a pretty cute Adventure Time comic book this year, with a story that leads into the non-free Adventure Time comics they are apparently making now. =D

I'm supposed to be doing homework, but I'm just slackin' off. cool

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
*also slacks off*

I just watched the Derby. cool I haven't been following races or anything so I didn't really care about this race. xd

I know that one of the artists I follow on Tumblr got to do an Adventure Time comic cover or something a while ago, I think. I want to say it was Yamino, but I'm not 100% on that. I follow like a million artists and it can get confusing. >o>

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I just watched Hugo. =D That was such a cool movie. I'm going to read the book now, I bet it's awesome. cool I hear it's like half pictures, which is the minimum amount of pictures I like to have in books. xd

I also finished coloring Max's watercolor pencil portrait background. =D I can't wait to paint it tomorrow and hope it still looks ok. >D

Speaking of artists you follow, you follow Emmy Cicierega, right? Did you hear the Shia LaBeouf song she reblogged? I can't stop laughing, I think it's so hilarious. cool I seriously don't even know why I think it's so funny, but I just die laughing thinking about it.

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Yay, Max portrait. >=D

I freakin' love Emmy. 8D I thought that song was hilarious. When I first heard it, me and my sister kept singing it like dorks. And then we were making up our own version.

Instead of the part where it's all
"Running for your life
(From Shia Labeouf.)
He’s brandishing a knife.
(It’s Shia Labeouf.)"

We made it into a song about Rusty Buttons. I think it was something like:

Running from my snugs
(It's Rusty Buttons)
Gonna give him snugs
(Snug Rusty Buttons)
Doesn't want my snugs
(Rusty Buttons)
Gonna get the snugs
(Rusty Buttons)

We should probably leave lyric-writing to professionals. >o> But we always transform songs to match our pets because we're weirdos.

Anyway, that song is awesome. cool I also follow IntroducingEmy on tumblr, who is the author of Trying Human. She keeps posting neat video art tips and stuff, and I think she's really hilarious and adorable. Here's a video she did showing a trick for adding details like beads and stuff to lineart in Photoshop.
http://youtu.be/5tRzrnH2t8E
If I had photoshop that'd probably be really handy.

I had a really weird dream/series of dreams last night. D=
First my hamster Gizmo was still alive and didn't look like Gizmo and was also apparently living with two other hamsters, that dream-me called Gadget and Sparkles. Anyway, dream-me climbs into their big dream-hamster cage for some reason, and when I climbed out it turns out I'd stepped on Gizmo and Gadget. It was really graphic and they were dying. Probably the most graphic dream gore I've ever had. gonk

And then we were magically down the shore, at my grandpa's old hotel but it wasn't really the same place at all and this place was much bigger. And there was like 10 floors for some reason. We were following the hotel Lady to our room, and we first had to go down these "stairs" that were like a narrow mesh tube with metal ring steps running through. It was really uncomfortable and weird, and the dream-hotel lady was like, "Those stairs were supposed to be larger, but the company sent the wrong size. Sorry." I mean they were like 2 feet wide, it was very narrow.

And then we had a series of normal staircases to go up, and they led to various rooms. And the rooms weren't separated by doors or anything. One hotel room just like ran into another and there were shared spaces, which I didn't like. And when we got to our room, I was mad because the people in the neighboring rooms were keeping bags and stuff in rooms that were supposed to be ours, and I was incredibly frustrated. Then I woke up.

I should probably also note that my sister made pina coladas yesterday and I had one, which was apparently an awful idea even though she made them with less than 1/2 the suggested amount of rum, because I haven't drank anything in a few months and apparently my tolerance is even lower than it ever has been before. >o>;; I was all giddy and stupid. But I slept really well. 8D But also had freaky dreams.

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
That Rusty Buttons song reminds me of that one cat blog I keep talking about, and how that lady has theme songs for most of her 13 cats. xd Which I think is so hilarious.

Those are horrible dreams. gonk I had weird dreams, too, but I don't remember them. And they weren't that disturbing. Oh wait, I do remember one, I was cooking or something, and this guy that I apparently vaguely knew or something was in the kitchen with me, and he offered to wash the pans I had used, so I was like sure. And then he asked me out or something, and I was saying no because he was kind of a clingly weirdo, and he was all mad because apparently he only offered to wash my dishes because he thought it would make me love him. >o>

Why do I have such dysfunctional dream relationships? xd

I'm supposed to be finishing my psych assignment that is almost done. cool Also, I thought I had to do all the extra credits (there are 5) but apparently I only had to do 3. I just finished the fourth, so I sent that in anyway, but at least I don't have to do the last one. xd

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
All of my pets always get songs. xd I know when we first got Lily, we were singing her the "Peanut Butter Jelly" song but replacing "Peanut Butter Jelly" with "Lily Billy Bunny." The turtles also get songs, but I can't think of any right now. rofl I don't think Tabby's ever had a song, but she's like super reclusive. Jeze hasn't really had a song either. Mostly the songs just happen when we're all goofing around the house. We're such weirdos. cool

Your dreams are always funky. xd You should look up in like a dream dictionary or something and see if they have anything to say about dysfunctional relationships or something. I know some of that stuff is stupid, but I feel like other things make some vague sense. Like teeth dreams being related to stress or something made sense, but when I kept dreaming about turtles, dream dictionaries were all, "That symbolizes something odd or unusual" or something like that. But I'm like, "Or it could mean that I was thinking about my pet turtles, probably."

I've been dreaming so much more lately than I ever have before, I wonder what that's about? D=

Assignments are LAME. ;O;

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Oh, I keep forgetting to tell you about something cute Max does that reminded me of nose-booping we were talking about a while ago. Anyway, he likes to drink out of a paper cup next to the sink (instead of the fancy cat fountain that I clean for him D< ), and so when it's empty and he wants to drink he knocks it into the sink and meows until someone comes over. And when I come over and give him water, he pokes his head up and lets me kiss him on the nose. cool And if I ignore him, he just keeps sniffing my cheek instead of drinking his water until I kiss him. It's so adorable, especially considering he's usually a crabby old man and doesn't do that many adorable things, except lay around. xd

Usually I just have dreams that are about something I was thinking about the day before, but way, way weirder. >o> Like I'll be thinking about kittens or something, and then I'll have a dream that I have kittens that gradually sink to the size of caterpillars, and then it turns out they were robots or something.

I'm almost done with my assignment. >D I just need to, like, proofread it a little. Once I finish this I'll actually have very little to do next/this week. And even less the next week. And then I'll be FREEEE! 8D SWEET FREEDOM.

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Aww, that's pretty adorable. cool Silly grumpy cat. 8D

I bet robot caterpillar-sized kittens would be pretty cool, you should get on inventing that. xd

Yay! 8D Once you're done, you should work on coloring Dog and I should probably work on more lineart. >o> But for today, I really want this Doctor Who bracelet done. After Lauren comes over. But she won't be here long, she's got family coming over later.

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Sweet, I finished the TARDIS on my bracelet. Now the only characters left are the weeping angels! And once my hardware comes in, this should turn out to be my nicest bracelet yet! 8D It ought to be done tonight. I'm aboutt o get into the beading zone. ninja

Also, me and Lauren decided to try making horsehair bracelets. The end goal is for my to make a bracelet from the tail hair Lauren has of Halo, but I need to practice with other tail hair before I'm allowed to touch Lad's. xd So maybe I can make a Suzie bracelet. OH SNAP. I bet the lesson kids would want to buy something like that. Oh man, I should talk to Linda about horse hair bracelets. ninja We could sell them to all those kids that ride the ponies. 8D

I've already got lobster clasps on the way, next order from the beading site I can just get some crimp tubs with loops on the end, and that's pretty much all we need.

Once I'm good at it, I'll make Lauren a bracelet from Halo's tail hair. =D She's been wanting one, but doesn't trust the mail or anyone over the internet to make one for her. >o> She's got a lot of tail hair, but it's very precious to her.

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I bet you could get, like, dozens of bracelets out of Suzie without even noticing the missing hair. xd She's so fluffy.

I just scooped up Max and put him belly-up on my lap and he stayed there for like an hour. cool It was so adorable. We were just chillin'.

I'm so glad that I finished my psych assignment. >D Now next week (this week? I keep forgetting it's Sunday. >o> ) all I have to do is do my self-assessment thing for English, take my psych final exam, and go to my two art classes. But I'm done with my art portfolio, so all I have to do is show up and do whatever, and I won't have to stay late or anything. Then the week after that I'll have to write my report for my art final exam/final assessment (instead of a final exam, you have to make a one-page layout in InDesign with a picture, some kind of decorative border, and a report about how you did in the class, which is supposed to be written ahead of time). And then actually go to the final assessment thing. And that's it! =D I'M SO CLOSE.

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I bet. She's got a lot of mane and tail hair. 3nodding And I bet the kids would love bracelets of their favorite ponies. When I was a kid I would totally want one.

Aww, silly cat. cool My cats are all hiding. ;O;

SO CLOSE! I bet you can't wait to be done. >=D

*beads*

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I can't wait for the summer. ;O; SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER. Look at me, I practically got through a whole year of college and didn't die or anything! xd

*lazily paints Max's portrait* >D My prismacolor watercolor pencils don't dissolve very well. >o>;; So it's not looking very watercolory. Whatever, I'll finish it later, I feel like lazin' or something now. cool

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I'm almost done my beading now! >=D
I'm done the first weeping angel, I'm now on row 75 out of 90. cool
It looks so cool. ;O; It'd look even more awesome with a border, but I can play around with that for the next one I make. I'm thinking maybe a border only on the green parts, and the border will match the TARDIS-blue. I'll need to play around with it. ninja This ramble would probably make a lot more sense once I have pictures up. xd I can't wait for my hardware to come in. This bracelet will be SUPER COOL.

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I just reworked that doll pattern I drew a few days ago and actually sewed a doll out of it. >D Well, I just finished the machine sewing, so it's a flat partially sewn doll body. xd That I totally designed. cool *so proud*

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Awesome! =D So it's turning out well?

I just finished my beading! cool And I wove in the extra weft threads. The warps aren't woven in and are attached to the loom still, when my hardware some I'll cut it off and try out my new ends. >=D I think it looks SUPER COOL.

Also, I just lost my needle. I was in the process of putting it away and when I went to pick it up, it flicked out of between my fingers and now I can't find it. >o> So I only have three needles left, and one's all bent up. xd I sure hope it's not on the floor or something. I should put on shoes and carry out a needle search. >o>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff