Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Yay, pony money. =D

Oh, I've been way more sore than this before. xd But I just fell asleep for like 3 hours and my neck is SO much better, so I'm guessing the neck pain was 90% no sleep and too much art computers. I would never go to a different chiropractor, my chiropractor is literally the nicest person I've ever met in my life. It wasn't from a routine adjustment, either, it was from a really deep muscle massage. I have a bunch of stupid muscle knots in my neck and shoulders, and she was running her knuckles along the bottom of my neck down my right shoulder to the end of the shoulder blade, and that's what really hurt. But I've had way worse massaging before, when my problems were really bad, and that's what helped. The worst time was when she was massaging out a muscle knot in my right arm. That time she was running the bottom of her palm along my forearm, along the top arm bone thing. But my arm was really sore, and had a really bad muscle knot. I could even feel the knot just with my other hand, it's like a stupid little hard lump that hurts like a bruise or something. D< I could even tell the point where it, like, went away while she was rubbing it, because I could feel her hand move over it, and then eventually it was just smooth. After that, my arm was really sore for about a couple of weeks. But then any arm pain I had after that was at most 5% what it was before. I can even press on that spot, and it doesn't hurt at all, even, like, 8 months after when she did that. The only arm pain I have now is in my fingers and palm, I don't even have pain in the rest of my arm, and that was a major problem before.

I rambled on so much again. xd What was my point? Oh yeah, I don't know if your chiropractor even did, like, muscle work, but mine does every time, so that's why I'm a little sore. And she's awesome, so I'd never go to anyone else. cool

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Ok, here's how my portfolio's looking.
Cover: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/lilybell26/portfoliocoverwtitle.png
2-page spread: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/lilybell26/2pgspread.png
Back cover: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/lilybell26/portfoliobackcover.png
Close-ups of Max baby pictures:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/lilybell26/p4coverartkitten2.png
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/lilybell26/p4backcoverkitten.png
Look at that sweet baby face. ;O; heart Also one more photo that I didn't use, but is super adorable:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/lilybell26/maxbabyface.png
He was such a beautiful kitten. xd

Also, while I was looking at photos of Max, I realized that his eyes when from like dark yellowish as a tiny baby to a sort of coppery color:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/lilybell26/maxteenager.png
This continued until he was, I don't know, maybe a year old? I don't have the dates of all my photos, but that's my estimate. Anyway, around 1-2 years old, his eyes started to become bright yellow with green around the pupil:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/lilybell26/maxyelloweyes.png
There he is digging around in my mom's hutch. cool
Now he's almost 9, and for the last few years his eyes have been pale green:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/lilybell26/maxgreeneyes.png

So what the hell? xd Since when do cat eyes change like that? I mean, I always knew his eye color changed, but I never noticed it was so dramatic. I thought after they're babies the color is supposed to stay the same.

On a related note, I always had light blue eyes, but when I was a tweenager they got darker and significantly grayer. So maybe eye color changing just runs in the family. cool

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I don't think I've ever met a mean chiropractor. They're all wonderful people, I'm convinced. xd

I've never had a muscle knot, but I knew a horse that used to get them in her neck. That horse was a major b***h, but then again she was probably in a lot of pain. After I left that barn (the first lesson stable I rode at), that particular horse broke her shoulder in a pasture accident. The vet, who is the same vet I used at the time, said it was a minor fracture or something and that she'd recover with stall rest. The barn owner used her for lessons while her shoulder was broken.
Horse people are pretty crazy. ;O; I have no idea if that mare is still around or not.

Oh wait, I just rambled more. >o>

But, yeah, I guess if your problems are more muscle-based, it'd probably hurt more to work them out. That does suck, but at least the results are good. D= I wonder why you have all these problems. You're so young! But who am I to say that, when I've had a bunch of problems myself. xd
What I went through with my foot/legs is probably pretty similar. All the therapy things were pretty excruciating, and it was a long and horrible process. The worst part was that damn night splint boot thing. Wearing it was like agony. But I can't complain about the results. cool As long as I know my limits and keep up with taking care of myself, I should be fine for a long time.

My treatments weren't so muscle-intensive. My problems was that the car accident where I was rear-ended really screwed up the way my muscles, tendons etc pulled on my bones, and it pulled just about everything out of whack. The worst was/is my neck and hips. My neck doesn't have the backwards curve that normal necks should have, it's a perfectly straight line. And when I bend my neck, only one or two of the vertebra dealies bend, so it's more of a limited hinge motion than it ought to be. My one hip is permanently raised and tilted in comparison to the other. It's better than it was, but it's occasionally very excruciating. Mostly I just had the muscle stimulator thing loosen all my muscles, and then he'd like massage everything lightly and I guess push things toward where they'd go or something, and then he'd crack my hips and spine and I guess try and align everything. I know more about Jeze's chiropractic treatments than I do my own. rofl

I miss that muscle stim thing. It sent impulses that made my muscles like freak out, and it felts like a massage. It was insane, he let me touch it with my hand once, and it made my fingers freak out. I guess the impulses make the muscles tense and relax, and that's supposed to loosen everything up. Whatever it did felt amazing and I want to buy myself one of those things.

I'd totally love to marry a chiropractor. Where's chiropractic schools? I should find one and try ti pick up dudes there. cool SOLID PLAN.

Also, portfolio's lookin' good. 3nodding But not as good as handsome Max~! ;O; He's such a beautiful cat. I'm like never around such floofy long-haired cats, all my cats have been shorthairs. He's totally regal and handsome.

His eyes have changed significantly! That's really neat. I didn't think they could change that much after the cat was past kittenhood. Nero and Tabby's eyes have always been the same bright yellowy color, we found them after their eyes had already changed to the permanent color I guess. It's so weird that eye color changes like that. I've got boring brown eyes that have always looked this way, but I'm told that as a baby I had awesome blue eyes.
I think my cat Lily's eyes have changed a little over the years, they were a little more goldeny and less flat-colored before, now they're a more consistent shade. But there's still pretty much the same, you wouldn't notice the slight shift if you didn't worship my adorable cat like I do. 8D We got Rusty as an adult, and he's had the most consistent eye color of any cat I've ever had. They're like the color of the yolk of a hard-boiled egg.

I really want to get a British blue shorthair with orange eyes some day. A big fat one with a big melon head. >=D DREAMCAT. I love how plushy their coat looks, and how their noses pretty much match their coat perfectly. And the contrast with their eyes is so cool! Cat rock. ;O;

SO MANY RAMBLES.

Fluffy Bunny

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Good evening.

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Good evening. cool Man, it's like 7:00 practically, I got nothing done today except for sleeping. >o> Oops.

We're in such a ramblin' mood today, Pook. xd I don't think there's anything wrong with my skeleton, but the muscle tension/knots/whatever was pulling it crooked. Like my neck used to be bent to the left or right (I forget) and it was really noticeable when you would look at my bending over. But I guess that's fine now, because she fixed my muscles or alignment or whatever.

Oh, they sell those electrical stimulation things. I saw one once, I almost bought it, but all the sale ones had sold out. xd Here's one I just found:
http://www.amazon.com/Prospera-Corporation-PL009-Electronic-Massager/dp/B000XHNBLU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335311327&sr=8-1
I don't know how it differs from the chiropractor one, but I also had that thing done to me two or three times, and it was wonderful. cool

My mom is obsessed with British shorthairs. xd Melonhead cats are the best. ;O; heart

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Good evening! 3nodding

See, if I bought one of those stim things, I'd use it until my muscles turned to jelly, because I bet that'd feel amazing. 8D

Melonheaded cats are the best cat. Melonheadedness is clearly a highly desirable trait in cats. You should breed cats with big adorable melonheads.

Fluffy Bunny

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I'm here.. promise... I just found out I got picked for breedings in another shop and am UBER happy.. it's my first for that shop.

Fluffy Bunny

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I killed the shop.. sad

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Sorry, I got distracted. xd

My barn owner offered me the use of her charcoal grill as long as I don't burn the farm down, but I have no idea how to grill anything, especially not with charcoal. But I also have access to a full-sized refrigerator, so I'm thinking a barn picnic would be amazing. ninja I'm talking to my one friend about it now. And also I was checking my tumblr, which had a million new posts since last night.

Congrats on getting that breeding you mentioned! 3nodding What kinda shop is it? =O

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I was just reading this pastel painting book I got a while ago, because I decided that for my birthday tomorrow, I'm just going to sit around and draw all day and do no homework. cool Also, it's totally my birthday tomorrow. xd When did that happen? >o>

But anyway, it says you can "fix" pastel drawings by placing smooth paper over them and putting it under a heavy board. Do you know what that means? Do you leave the paper on? I'm so confused. D= It was saying it as if it was an alternative to sprayfixing. I'm trying to look it up now, I've never heard that before.

I haven't been part of a breedables shop that I didn't work at/own for like... I don't even know. xd Like a couple years, I think.

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
OH SNAP! Happy almost-birthday. >=D I should doodle you something tomorrow morning instead of doing anything productive. 8D

I've never heard of that. But I guess it makes sense. I guess the drawing underneath is protected from damage and smudging by the smooth paper, and the weight presses the drawing down ti fix it into place? And then you take the other paper off, I guess. I don't know how well that works, I can't imagine how that would permanently fix it. But then again, the sprays don't work well either unless you pretty much frame the work immediately.

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
It just occurred to me that my birthday was this week on, like, Sunday when my mom mentioned that it was my birthday this week. xd

I have no idea, it doesn't seem like it would work. xd But I hate spray fix and don't want to use it. >o> I guess I'll draw something tomorrow and then try that paper thing and see what it does. I have two sets of 15 half-stick pastels that I got on super clearance, and then one set of 36 full stick pastels that I got on regular clearance. cool Look at all this stuff I have! I should totally use it immediately. >D I think the 36 set is cheaper quality than the smaller sets. It was regular price $15, and I feel like the regular price of the other sets was also around that.

Also, I totally didn't finish the homework that I was going to do today. >o> But really, if I just don't revise any of my English stuff anymore, which I don't plan to, all I really have to do at the moment is study for my psych final and work on my last psych assignment, which is about psychological disorders. And because I'm such a psych disorder nerd, I might willingly do that tomorrow anyway. But even if I don't, I don't think I'll be, like, behind in anything, so I can probably just not do anything tomorrow. xd I can do it on the weekend or something. I was so panickingly overworked, like, the past two weeks with a bunch of stuff being due, and now it just sort of... mellowed out somehow. I don't even know what happened. Maybe it was just for my birthday. cool

Fluffy Bunny

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Sorry, I was watching The Voice.

Herds of Azreth is the shop I got the breeding at.

I've not used pastels in forever.

I have a toddler so it's hard to keep anything to color/draw with and it NOT get found, into and ruined.. sad

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I always remember my birthday. I always psych myself up for presents, but I generally don't actually get any presents. I'm hoping for maybe a new pair of Q-Baby riding jeans or a pair of riding boots for an early birthday present. I only have two pairs of barn jeans now, and they've seen better days. My riding boots are getting cracked on the bottoms! Now that I think about it, I think I've had those boots since like before 2008 or something I think. They lived a good life. >o>

When it comes to chalk pastels, I prefer Nupastels over anything else I've tried. But I hated chalk pastels for a while and so I don't have much experience with them, aside from my own drawing class where I was magically amazing with them. If I had more time, I'd make more pastel stuff. But it never fixes right and that's so frustrating. :/ Like, when I sat down and concentrated, the teacher was impressed with my pastel skills. And my teacher was a pastel artist who sold really expensive works.

Eventually panic just goes away and your entire state of being in regards to school is mellowed out. That's how it worked for me, at least. cool

Fluffy Bunny

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Is it sad that crayon is my fave medium? lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers