Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

User Image

Welcome to the home of the Guardian Fairies! Here you can find out who the guardian fairies are and how you can join us. Please stick around and find out more about our shop. =D

Sick of expensive, hard-to-get breedables characters that have complicated RP and activity requirements? Well then you're in luck! Guardian Fairies is a free edit-your-own RP character shop that uses bases anyone can edit to make their own fairies. Your fairy will never be taken away from inactivity, you'll never have to wait for a flatsale to get one, and you can grow them whenever you want to. Best of all, it will still have all the RP and character-creating fun of any other RP kid. Because of the free attitude of the shop, we only have two rules:

Rule #1: Be respectful of everyone here (obviously).
Rule #2: Don't take the bases or anyone's edited art and try to pass them off as your own somewhere else (double obviously).

And that's it! So if you're looking for a casual and simple RP community, then consider joining us here at Guardian Fairies! =D Anyone is welcome, regardless of RP or artistic ability. Can't RP? We'll help you! Can't draw? We help with that too! So if you like an open, fun environment, then stick around and read the rest of the thread.

This thread is mainly for some quick general information, but the bulk of what goes on here is in the guild. So make sure to join that (no entry fee and automatic acceptance), and check out all we have to offer there!

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

User Image User Image User Image About the Fairies User Image User Image User Image

Long ago, a fairy colony lived in an ancient and magical tree. Every day, twinkling sparklettes rained down from the tree and landed amongst the tiny fairies. Eventually, the fairies began absorbing the magical sparklettes and channeling them into their own energy, which they then began to use to help protect other beings. Fairies skilled in this guardian magic soon began to adopt traits from the creatures and plants they watched over. With these new traits, the fairies became stronger and more suitable guardians. Their own naturally occurring magical powers had been enhanced, and they could now produce their own sparklettes.

Uncertain of what to do with their excess energy, the fairies began channeling their extra sparklettes into the tree for storage. Unfortunately, the extra magic was too much for the tree to handle and it began to wither and die. Without their home, the Guardian Fairies were lost and unsure of what to do with themselves and their extra magic. Their small bodies couldn't store the extra energy, and they needed somewhere to put it. An elite group of fairies was charged with finding a solution. One of these fairies insisted that the strong animal he guarded, the Tasmanian Tiger, could surely handle absorbing these extra sparklettes. Unfortunately, that didn't work out too well. The youngest fairy of the group decided that humans were the answer!

It turns out humans were a very good choice...with their large, non-magical bodies, humans could channel the sparklettes more efficiently than any other creature. In fact, humans were so pathetically magicless that they could serve as a magical trashcan for multiple small fairies without any ill effects! And they could even consent to the job! It was henceforth decided that each new Guardian Fairy would be given a trustworthy human caretaker, who would help them grow and keep their magic at a level safe for both of them. This is how it came to be that humans and Guardian Fairies came to live together - and how you now have the opportunity to care for you own fairies!

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Guardian fairies have four stages: baby, child, teen and adult. There are 3 poses to chose from for each stage (2 for babies), and they can be found in this thread in the guild.

Once you edit the bases, they could look like this!
User Image User Image User Image
These edits were done by pook666 and lilybell25. Let's find out what your edits will look like!

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

User Image User Image User Image How to Become a Caretaker User Image User Image User Image

So now you may be considering getting a fairy of your own. Well, it's very simple! There are really only 4 steps:

1 User Image Join the guild! It's free and automatic.

2 User Image Decide what species you want your fairy to guard, and start creating their art. If you're having trouble with this, check out the Art Help subforum in the guild.

3 User Image Once you've finished your fairy's art, consider creating a home in the Guardian Fairy Neighborhood, or starting or joining an RP. Or, if you're feeling particularly inspired, you can even make another fairy! There is no limit on how many fairies you can create.

4 User Image Continue expanding the Guardian Fairy community: tell your friends, start a new RP event, or suggest (or create) a new addition to the shop or guild. Use your creativity to help us make this the best shop and guild it can be!

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

User Image User Image User Image Staff User Image User Image User Image

I'm lilybell25, and I started guardian fairies in 2006, right before my 13th birthday! We've revamped many times since then, most recently when we transitioned to an edit-your-own shop. I created the bases and the original concept for the shop. Because of my increasing life responsibilities (I'm no longer a 13-year-old!), I had to change the shop to be edit-your-own since I had no time to do unique art or to host events. Even though I have less free time now, I'm still the shop owner and try to be as helpful as I can to everyone who wants to join our shop. If you're looking for help with art or anything else in the guild, you'll probably run into me!

Pook666 (Pook!) helps out with random odds and ends and suggests minor improvements sometimes. She's been around at the shop since it opened in 2006! Pook is totally awesome, and owns the world's most intelligent and beautiful Appaloosa mare ever, Jezebel. 8D

Well, it looks like we're at the end of the thread now! What did you think? Feel free to post in this thread and hang out with us, and if you decide you want a fairy, remember to join the guild. We'll see you there (hopefully)!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff