SilverShieldwolf
Inside of each of us are two wolves.

One is evil.
It is Anger, Envy, Sorrow,
Regret, Greed, Arrogance
Self-pity, Guilt, Resentment,
Inferiority, Lies, False Pride,
Superiority and Ego

Mortane: thank you for asking. I was thinking raffle and said game. Just figure anyone who wants the last one can quote me for a raffle ticket
One is good
It is Joy, Peace, Love,
Hope, Serenity, Humility,
Kindness, Benevolence, Empathy,
Generosity, Truth, Compassion
and Faith

Which wolf wins? The one you feed the most.

Oh raffle! Ok that makes a lot more sense! Sure sign me up for a ticket. ^^ It'll be interesting to see what flits this clutch produces. Bet they'll be so pretty!

Milady Emerald's Pardner

Alien Shapeshifter

One is evil.
Regret, Greed, Arrogance
Superiority and Ego

This is what happens to Silver when she worked in the cold.
One is good
It is Joy, Peace, Love,
and Faith

Dangerous Prophet

It's ok I get words mixed up all the time. smile

Cute Fairy

If you want to be technical, all dragons are unnatural. If they were supposed to exist, they wouldn't have needed created by Kitti Ping. Suck on that, Benden.

Milady Emerald's Pardner

Alien Shapeshifter

One is evil.
Regret, Greed, Arrogance
Superiority and Ego

*watches the debate on dragons*

Mortane: It doesn't help that I was talking with the bf and plus had a cat trying to be a baby in my arms.
One is good
It is Joy, Peace, Love,
and Faith

Dangerous Prophet

XD I know how you feel. My cat's been in affectionate ultimate lovey mode too lately.

Cute Fairy

I have a convention tomorrow for honor society. I might not be on.

Milady Emerald's Pardner

Alien Shapeshifter

One is evil.
Regret, Greed, Arrogance
Superiority and Ego

I wish it was just one cat. All of my cats are being lovebugs. I don't mind when I sleep cause I have warm bodies, just when I am busy doing stuff. If only Baki didn't act like a human, crab, meerkat, and dog at times. Most talkative cat I ever had, with a liking of my nose./ramble

I am off for the night. I will try to get the quote raffle for the last egg no later than Sunday afternoon/evening for me. Date night type tomorrow night with the bf
One is good
It is Joy, Peace, Love,
and Faith

Fashionable Trainer

7,700 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Mortane
Rhiannon Chandra
N'mol: If they were meant to exist, they would be able to hatch on their own. They aren't strong enough to come in to the world on their own. Therefore, they're unnatural.

Hekate: Well if you're going by that logic then humans are also unnatural to Pern and shouldn't exist here. Also by that logic so are both Benden's Queens since it was only through the unnatural application of mystweed that they were born what with Benden's declining gold laying rate.

N'mol: *Stares at Hekate* You're purposely misunderstanding what I'm saying, and I understand that as a Silverrider this isn't what you want to hear. We aren't native to Pern, but we aren't unnatural. If we were, our species never would have evolved enough to make it to traveling the stars. Also, all of the Weyrs were struggling with laying Golds-- some more than others, yes-- but mystweed was applied to ALL of the Queens, not just Benden's. If the claim you just made was true it would make your Silver even more unnatural, as well as claiming that any dragon born naturally from an egg in the last year or so was also unnatural.

But, you're forgetting that mystweed is natural to their diets. The plant died out because it was useful in treating plague and was overharvested. If it hadn't been, the dragons would never have suffered infertility in the first place. It is natural for them. But with or without mystweed, Flights would occur and the dragons who are strong enough to come into the world would hatch from their eggs. Mystweed doesn't change if a dragon is strong or not. I'm talking about survival. Atypicals only began coming out-- if the Whiterider will please forgive me for pointing this out-- when people began 'worrying' about dragons who were too weak to hatch. In nature, no one hatches atypical eggs. You'll only ever see them in the Weyrs. And they are, for the first Turn or more of their lives, a problem. It takes five times the resources to help raise an atypical dragon to adulthood as it does a normal dragon. I won't argue about their skills as adults; I'm sure that your dragon when trained and placed in a wing will perform like any other dragon. I'm talking about whether or not they would make it that far without all of the aid you give them in hatching and then just trying to live. Honestly, it is incredible to me that as many of them survive as they do, considering how prone to sickness they are as Weyrlings. However, I know that that is due to the efforts and strength of their riders, not their own strength.

((@Thali-- Lol I thought of that. But they've been around for so long that they've become part of Pern. People don't think of them that way. And N'mol is making an argument for 'survival of the fittest.' Other than the choking-on-meat thing and the desire for oil on cracked hide, baby dragons can easily survive on their own. Atypicals, not so much. You have to be careful with food, extra careful with their hide, they get cold easily, they're too weak to walk very far on their own. In N'mol's mind, that's justification for Benden's stance on atyps, which is what he was raised with. There is room to change his mind on it, he's young yet, but there has to be proof or he's never going to buy it. And this is all very OOC. He would never get into this conversation in real life. He doesn't think of himself as being prejudiced.))

Fashionable Trainer

7,700 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Reminder for all: The Dolphin event ends tonight! If anyone is interested in a dolphin, now is the time to complete your entries!

Predestined Inquisitor

Hi guys! S'up?

Predestined Inquisitor

User Image

Who wants to play a game?

There are four eggs up for grabs from Mara and Trouble's clutch! Xan, Trouble's owner, wants to spread some love around Trine Weyr so she's giving them away in an incredibly easy free game!

To win/rules/stuff:
- You character must roll 20 on a 20 sided dice. You don't have to make RP posts of them doing it, but IC this is how they acquired it, or how it was acquired by somebody else for them.
- You can post as many times as you like until you win an egg.
- Every post must contain an amusing picture!
- You may only win one egg for yourself but if you wish you can give away the first egg you win to a friend and then play again to win one for yourself. You can give this egg away too if you want (not to the same person) but you can't then win an egg for yourself.
- When you roll 20, please post which egg you'd like within half an hour. If you don't do this and somebody else wins/has won after you, they get to choose first.
- You can enter no matter how many flitts you own.

Owned eggs:
Bronze egg = Rev
Purple/blue mottled egg = Tawny
Red egg = Thali
Green strips egg = ???
Yellow egg = ???
Blue egg = ???
Green with yellow spots egg = ???

Start rolling! =D

Cute Fairy

Dolphin event ends tonight? I'll try to get a profile up.

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
Dizzian:*listens while gathering her thoughts* ...I thought they were pretty. But seriously... shouldn't every dragon and every candiidate get the chance to find their life bond? There are more dragons for the wings and isn't decades worth of strength and service worth one or two turns of effort?

If it wasn't for atypical Hekate wouldn't have impressed and I would have died. Courath and I owe her and silver Devith our lives.

The Nozomi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

WOMP WOMP WOMP

Happy Saturday, guys!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas