Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wolfeh! 8D

. 1 100.0% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 28 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 197 198 199 > >> >>> »|

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- customs | flatsales | auctions | raffles | games/contests | hiring! -

Path to the Guild ( Under Heavy Construction )

~ Intro ~

As the moon rises high into the sky, the wind begins to pick up. Leaves and bushes begin to rustle all around you. A chill runs up your spine as a large figure flashes by to your left. You jerk your head to look, but you see nothing. You begin to back up to exit the dangerous woods. Before you could start running, the figure from before jumps ahead of you with a vicious snarl.

"What are you doing here, human?" The creature hisses through it's sharp teeth, pointing a spear at your chest. "This is our territory! Your kind does not belong here. Leave now!"

Gawking in terror, you begin to back up slowly, still unsure if this creature is real, or just a figment of your imagination. You get only 3 feet back when a loud howl echoes from nearby. The creature turns, only to be taken down by a larger one, similar in characteristics, but apparently different.

The first creature's weapon flings out of his hand and lands to a roll at your feet. You look down at the spear, then back up to the vicious battle that is raging. Quickly, you pick up the weapon and run at the two creatures, thrusting it at the attacker. The point penetrates the attacker's skull, stopping dead in it's onslaught. With a soft whimper, the attacker slumps off the other creature, dead.

The first creature rises, bleeding slightly from random wounds, eyes dead-locked on yours.
"You saved me.." says the beast, his breaths softening again. "I think you are worthy of learning what I am.." he says.

The creature leads you to a cave, traversing down inside into it's depths. Other creatures in the cave glare at you menacingly; some snaring, most baring their fangs. You walk into an open chamber, where you see a black creature with strange markings on him, apparently older than this one.

"He saved my life, Father.." said the younger one. The older beast rises, walking up to you with a steady stride. "So, human.. You have saved my son from his own ignorance.. For that, I will thank you with knowledge, and possibly something else.." he says, smirking. "We are Lycans. Not to be confused with werewolves, I assure you. We have the ability to chose our form whenever we please, as well as keep our own humanity from the clutches of the feral. What attacked my son was a werewolf, mindless and brutal. They have no sense of what is right, and hunt whatever, whenever. You have already proven yourself worthy and brave, human.. And you have werewolf blood on your hands now. They will be out to seek revenge. So I will award you with a Guardian Lycan, one to accompany you and help your defense against any attacks from those savages. Consider it as my thanks, human.."

With that last statement, the Elder walked off, his son following him. A Guard by the entrance take your arm and guides you to the den. He says "Chose which Lycan you want to be your Guardian. Guard him with your life, for when he ages, he will do the same for you.."

::October 1, 2009:: Grand Opening Event has started
::September 12, 2009:: First Shop event has started with a bumping contest and a dice game.
::September 9, 2009:: Guild has been made, but it is under construction.
::September 9, 2009:: Finally setting up the shop.

~ Shop rules ~

1. Follow all Rules/Guidelines. Leave all the drama at the door or get blacklisted!
2. No refunds.
3. No Selling/Trading pets or familiars.
4. No events run by members without shop permission.
5. Do not ask for mates in the main shop thread
6. Do not bug the colorists about growings or breedings. They have lifes, so be patient.
7. Do not pm LycanMistress88, Fireaveous, or other staff without permission. If you have a problem with someone/something send PMs to the mule. Do not try to settle the problem yourself or in the thread.
8. Do not demand freebies from the shop. No freebies will be given out without my permission. ( LycanMistress88 )
9. No whining or begging if you have at least a spark of dignity. You have no idea how annoying that is, plus, it will get you grey/black listed.
10. Don´t steal art ( you will be reported )
11. Please follow all Gaia T.o.S.
12. No harassing.
13. RP is not mandatory but it is required if you wish to gain an elder.
14. Be literate! so, no nonsense like l337 speak!
15. There will be no tolerance for dishonesty. It will give you a one-way ticket to the blacklist.
16. No advertising or bumping. The only time bumps are allowed is when the thread is dead and no one is posting for a while. Have a decent conversation if people are around.
17. Last but not least, I, LycanMistress, am Queen here. I can and probably will add more rules in the future if needed.

~ Shop Guidelines ~

- Payments are due in 24 hours
- No more than two people can co-own a pet
- You may quest for cosplays from movies, books, etc, but a pet is not 100% yours until they are paid for and certed.
- If you post an image in the thread, make sure it's small enough not to stretch the page.
- You must get permission from the owner before using their pet as a reference in your quest thread or order.

~ FAQ ~

What is a lycan?
-They are brothers/sisters to the werewolves, but they have the ability to change at will and they know how to control their wild nature.

How can I get one?
-There will always be events where you can try for them. Sometimes if a colorist is feeling generous they will give out freebies.

Can I just have one right now?
-No you cannot. They are not easy to work on so you will have to obtain them like everyone else.

How long do they take to grow up?
-Infants take about 1-2 weeks to become juveniles. Juveniles take about a month to become an adult. Colorists have lives as well, so you never know when IRL issues arive, so they may take longer to grow.

Did you make these pets?
-All the pets have been made by Ne11o. We just color and shade them.

Are these RP required?
-RP is not required, but if you wish to get an elder, it is mandatory to do so.

Can other Lycans grow into Elders?
-Yes, they will have a chance at becoming an elder if they have been RPed for at least a year.

Can one human be protected by numerous Lycans?
-Yes, it is possible for a human to befriend and have several guardian lycans

Can Lycans be played alone, without a human to protect?
-Of course, a lycan does not need to be with its human companion 24/7. They need a break too.

Can they breed?
-Yes they can. [ see breed section for more ]

How many babies do they have?
-Two are the most common, but they can have up to four if you're lucky.

Can I sell or give away my lycan's baby?
-Yes, but only if you do it through the shop. Selling an infant on your own is forbidden. The breeder gets 50%, the owner gets 25%, and the shop gets 25%. [ gift-giving would be more welcome though. spread the love! ]

How come I would only get 25%?
-You should not view these pups as a way to make a profit. This is not a baby gold mine.

How do I find a mate for my lycan?
-If you PM an owner of a lycan, who is single, they may let you mate your lycan to theirs. Only PM a person once. You may also RP in the guild, it's great way to meet other lycans. Please do not ask for a mate in the thread.

How do I get a familiar?
-Through events/flatsales. Sometimes we may give away freebies.

Can we get custom familiars? If so, are they priced the same as the Lycans?
-Yes you can, but they have yet to be priced.

May I affiliate with your shop?
-Of course you can. Just post your shop's banner and code in the thread.

When will pet trades, bribes, and customs open?
-Bribes will always be open, but a colorist has a right to refuse any if they dont have the time for it. Check the Availability section to see when pets trades and customs open.

Can I have a job or be a guest colorist?
-If you fill out the application on page 2, we'll review it and see if you have the right requirements.

Can our pups and juveniles fall in love?
-Pups do not have their brains fully matured to be thinking about a mate, so that is strictly not allowed. Juveniles may only fall in love after 2 weeks of interacting with another.

Are our lycans allowed to have same gender romance?
-Yes! We don´t have any problem with that.

Do we get to request what rank the juvenile lycans grow into?
-The colorist is the one who determines what the juvy grows into. unless it's a custom, then you get to choose for yourself.

How much are customs?
-The prices are all posted in the custom section on the 2nd page.

More questions will be added later on. ^_^

The vast landscape was under siege. A storm was brewing and quietly swallowing the sky. The dark veil of cold, mist, and rain was looming over the land as it advanced. The rivers over flowed and made the land a swamp. Forests creaked and moaned and the towns of mortals exploded in motion. They closed their doors and shutters in an array of loud squeaks and slams. Families huddled inside their rooms, hoping that that would make them safer. No one in the towns were quite sure what was going to happen or what actually dwelled in the woods.

The most looming feature of the land was a cave. Its mouth was taller than any man and adorned with tiny rock formations. The cave’s tunnels descended deep into the land. Rainwater trickled down the sides, giving the inhabitance some water. Wolfsbane adorned the entrance where there was dark, rich soil. Thistles and Mandrake also bloomed among the mouth giving the fear worthy cave some sense of dark beauty. Some creatures such as falcons, owls, bears, snakes, and bats sought refuge in the tunnels. Yet there was something more, a dwelling kindred family with a great story to tell.

A beast walked among the siege. Her black fur had a surreal glow of purple and gray. Her head had two large, golden horns. Her long arms had golden armor and her waist was covered with cloth. Her large feet made thundering footfalls on the stone and water. She was the most elusive of her breed. She was the creator and the one who ruled over all of her kin. She was the Mistress of the Lycans. She was the most powerful and respected, though few actually knew her.

Lycans are a breed very close to the werewolves seen in folklore. However, werewolves are mindless beasts that only focus on the hunt. They live for blood, flesh, and fear. They are also cursed. They can never change back to the form they had at birth, as a human. They are also tormented with venom and hate for all things. They know no bliss, no love, and definitely no happiness. The Lycans are less brutal and very different. They can think and feel emotions. They can regress back to their mortal figure. All in all, they are half-breeds.

Mistress, for few know her real name, was the creator. She and the Master of Lycans were odd creatures born from werewolf mothers carrying mortal children, so it is said. No one knows for sure where he or she came from or how so it is speculated in tales.

“You child,” Mistress started quietly. She held a small mortal looking babe in her large paws. Her eyes scanned the newborn Lycan with curiosity. There were many ranks of Lycans. There were the Royally Blessed that were raised by the Elder Lycans who were the oldest and wisest of them all. Then the Urban Folk who were raised among the mortals. Finally, there were the Wild Tribals. Smaller clans in the forests raised them and taught them how to survive. Each was the Mistress’s children and deserved to be judged on how they would be raised. “You are a Lycan, the beast of reason and thought. You have emotions and knowledge, love and hate, right and wrong spun into your tiny skull. You could be anything that you so wish. I trust you to make your own choices and your own path.” She examined the small pup. She pressed her finger on the child-pup’s chest. What part of his family should he go to? She thought. He could be anything. He seems of strong build and strong hereditary decent. What family…what family? He should learn to be proud of the Lycan lineage he inherited at birth. Where should he go? She wondered. As the Mistress, she had a right to choose where he should go. However, he also had a sister to be judged. Perhaps the two of them would show where they would go when they are weaned. Her mind made up, she returned the fussing child-pup to the den of his mother and sister.

With a huff and a few footfalls, the Mistress stepped into the moonlight. Looking to the sky, she let out a howl as to start a moon-song for her children that she loved.

Probably the most adorable thing you will ever set your eyes on, but don't be fooled by the cute, innocent face. These pack quite a punch when they bite, so beware at all times. They will take about 1-2 weeks to grow, depending on how well you care for them.

Ah, the troublemakers. It's going to be a handful trying to keep these teens in control. Just like any normal human, they can be very wild and rebellious. Keep an eye on them while they're around the opposite gender. You don't want pups running around when you can't even control the parents. They take about a month to grow into their adult stages.

These lycans have been raised in the city. They live by the rules of the streets. The majority of the gangs are run by the lycans themselves. Specializing in hand to hand combat, these lycans are not to be reckoned with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The natives who live in the forests. They are more in touch with nature than the rest of their kind. They specialize in magic and witchcraft. Some call them the shamans of the lycan race.

Some say they are the spoiled children of Mistress, since they have been living the good life. Being raised by the elders themselves is a great privilege. Such wisdom has been passed down to them by their great mother. They're not really warriors, mostly because they rely more on the soldiers for protection than anything else.

Nothing compares to the courage and strength of these mighty warriors. They have been specifically chosen to protect the royalty and elders. You will not find a more loyal and devoted lycan than these.

The oldest and wisest of all lycans. They are the ones that make the rules and decide the fate of others. Only Mistress and her mate are able to determine which lycans have the best qualities for the position. Although they are protected by the soldiers, they are more capable of defending themselves. Challenging an elder is the best way to earn a death wish. They will not think twice before putting an end to your life.

~ info coming soon ~

A falcon gives its loyal companion bird's eye view and allows the lycan to have a higher chance of catching better prey when on the hunt.

Owls, the sages of night, grant wisdom and intelligence to their lycan companion.

These slithery familiars grant a lycan the stealth ability and aids them to improve in trickery.

With a bat by their side a lycan will become insightful at word and deed, especially when it comes to healing matters.

As powerful backup for every another so mighty lycan, they add extra strength and defense to its companion.

-COMING SOON-

~ Flastsales ~

---

~ Customs ~

--

~ Auctions ~

~ Raffles ~

~ you can find a frequently updated owner´s list here!

Shop Owners: LycanMistress88 & Fireaveous

Manager: -

Colorists: Fireaveous, KaidaNiwa

~ White List ~

Fireaveous - For being a wonderful hubby

Ne11o - Doing a great job with the lineart

Licentious Tea Party - For doing the banner, donating, being a great friend and supporter

Satu Markula - Making the map and being supportive

KaidaNiwa - For donating and being supportive

sukiyaki Vader - For stalking my shop, lol

XxShelbyDemonaxX - For being supportive and helping out

Awesome Pigtails - Keeping my interest thread alive

~ Grey List ~

None

~ Black List ~

None - Lets keep it this way please

> Simply send ´Atrum Lupus Mule´ a PM if you wish to become affiliates with us
> We prefer 200x40 banners, large images will be turned into links

~ In ~

[url=http://tinyurl.com/mwpuxa][img]http://i30.tinypic.com/35bbfx0.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/mwpuxa][IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/20b233c.jpg[/IMG][/url]

~ Out ~

User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lineart By: Ne11o

Story by: XxShelbyDemonaxX

Banner / Layout / Rank Symbols by: Licentious Tea Party

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff