Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,350 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
Fen, if you lived in Ohio I would TOTES go in on a whole cow with you. 8D

I have trouble being cullinarilly adventurous because I just don't think about it. I never know what's actually going to be tasty or taste different or not. Like from cut to cut a lot of beef tastes the same. Same with pork. Country style ribs taste a lot like chops to me. And I actually don't care for darkmeat chicken. And my beau dislikes fish.

I wanna start getting like goat and bison and lamb and duck and things like that. And eating stranger grains then wheat, rice, corn and oats. Like barley or sorghum or amaranth. And getting things I just don't normally cook with. X3

Beloved Codger

Culinary adventures are so fun! I have a lot of vegan friends and I like dabbling in vegan recipes, too (although they're baffled and horrified that I'll cook vegan one day, then be making lamb the next).

I made a curried goat the other day and it was delicious. If you can get hold of goat, it's really good -- it tastes a lot like lamb but not as fatty.

Speaking of lamb. If you eve want to experiment with CHEAP lamb, buy lamb breast. It's basically a cut off the short ribs. It's kind of an awkward/ungainly cut of meat, but it's super cheap and you can do a lot with it. I made these "lamb fingers" once by breading it in rice krispies (which is a delicious breading, btw) and baking them; there was so much fat in the lamb that it practically deep fried in its own juices and it was delicious. (the fat also spilled over and burned the s**t out of me, so, don't do that).

I want to experiment with more fun, wacky grains too. We've been eating a lot of quinoa lately and I LOVE it because it's really fast (unlike other whole grains that take an hour + to cook).

7,350 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
So, in reality I don't like eating goat. razz I listed it because it's a common meat but...
I love goats. 8< They're cute, fuzzy, playful, intelligent, easy to care for and make delicious cheeses! I really wanna keep goats someday for milk and cheese. But never to eat unless like... The apocolypse hits. (WHICH I AM STILL WAITING FOR. DX) Goats are way too awesome for that.

BUT! Lamb I couldn't care less about. Sheep are awful, annoying uncleanly creatures that are more aggressive than goats. So I will totes keep my eyes open for lamb breast. >3 I also REALLY want to get me some ground bison which isn't TOO hard to find... And I wanna see if I can find any markets around with stranger things. There's a place in Cincinatti that sells ostrich burgers and rattlesnake and alligator and things like that. But that's many hours away so I am wondering if there's something similar that's closer so I can pick up some rattlesnake sometime...!

I'm thinking if I can get it I will stuff some barley in this oxtail stew. I think it'll go well. Otherwise we'll eat it with crusty bread.

Romantic Man-Lover

Revel1984's Bae

Obsessive Streaker

You'd think I'd be able to get all kinds of local foods here, living in farm country, right? But I haven't been able to find a good place to get local products...

I dunno. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places since I'm so used to shopping at Foods R Us giant grocery stores.

DrizztD's Wife

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Just wanted to show off my girl<3
User Image

Romantic Man-Lover

sorry I haven't started that soa rp, chaos. I just suck at it, and really have no idea where to start that I haven't already.

Revel1984's Bae

Obsessive Streaker

No problemo musi!

Much Wolf

I'm glad you like her, Buffy x3
heart

Now to work on Lexi's.

Anyone up for some rp in the meantime?
I'll be around for a little over an hour.
I'd really like to figure out my new one.
But I have others too.

Revel1984's Bae

Obsessive Streaker

I'd like arpee! 8D

Romantic Man-Lover

I can offer but I took some meds so they might knock me out.

Revel1984's Bae

Obsessive Streaker

Nergui of the Sands

Tag!

Much Wolf

musicaloner7
I can offer but I took some meds so they might knock me out.

I'm in the same boat.
So if either of us poof, we'll know why |D
ChaosTheories
I'd like arpee! 8D

But yes!

ARPEEE
FROM THE BOTH OF YOU

*duel wields*

I have...
Kitch, Kitty, Skitter, and Liso'utak.

Romantic Man-Lover

excellent. We shall sleep as one. |D {like when me and Icy fall asleep on each other. }

Well I have no clue what any of them are like, so.. xD

I offer my Silk though. She's motherly, caring, strong, uhm... yeah. P|

Much Wolf

musicaloner7
excellent. We shall sleep as one. |D {like when me and Icy fall asleep on each other. }

Well I have no clue what any of them are like, so.. xD

I offer my Silk though. She's motherly, caring, strong, uhm... yeah. P|

If you get sick of me quoting you, let me know. I kinda autopilot and quote most of the time :>

Uh. oh yea personalities might help huh ._.

Kitch - you know, but so Chaos knows too, he's lawful neutral, he puts the needs of the colony before his own, but isn't above scrapping for a piece for himself. Kinda like a soldier boy feel I suppose.

Kitty - Arrogant and lazy. Perhaps overly confident. Will try to avoid a fight first, but can get nasty if it comes down to it. He's got a sweet side though, but you wouldn't know it unless he likes you. A lot.

Skitter - The curious one of the bunch. She's a little more inclined to wonder the why's and how's of things, instead of just focusing on the immediate needs of survival. The more time she has on her paws, the more she's inclined to ponder. A bit nervous though, she's kind of a small girl and is easily intimidated.

And Liso'utak ...
is a blank slate.
Her name implies that she'll be a good mom, but she's kind of my open ended rat that I'm waiting to shove into someone's plot xD
SO
if anyone has a plot that requires a fem rat, lemme know :>

Captcha:
Technicolor yawn
... sounds like a poke`mon move

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items