Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Codger

Nergui of the Sands
This is, like, the first B/C shop - indeed, thread- that I really feel at home in, lol. Great art of good-looking rats with names like Collars and Come Here Girl and Biscuit and Little Paws and White One... And not all super complex. emotion_bigheart

Awww heart The thread loves you, too, Nergui

Revel1984's Bae

Obsessive Streaker

Bye bye to you too!

*Sits all by her lonesome for a while* xDD

Beloved Codger

I'll keep you company, Chaos!

Er, sort of. I also have to make dinner. And keep compulsively checking my blog to see if I got picked for this stupid contest yet. But I'll keep you company all the same!

7,350 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
I'm still here, Chaos! 8D

I'm about to make some OXTAILS! 8D

Revel1984's Bae

Obsessive Streaker

Yay not alone, haha.

G'luck in the contest, dear Fen!

What's an oxtail, Nyow? xDD

*Staring at rps* Fingers, y u no type things.

Beloved Codger

Ooo. I *almost* bought some oxtails the last time I went grocery shopping, but I ended up with goat shank instead. Are you making stew with them or...?

Revel1984's Bae

Obsessive Streaker

Nyowpotopop

Tag finally

7,350 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
ChaosTheories
Yay not alone, haha.

G'luck in the contest, dear Fen!

What's an oxtail, Nyow? xDD

*Staring at rps* Fingers, y u no type things.

An oxtail is the tail of an ox. Or a cow. It's skinned and the tail is segmented into individual vertebrae. Then the whole tail is sold bundled together so you get some really meaty bits and some really wimpy bits but it's all good.

It's fatty, strongly flavored and has lots of nutrients. As such it's common as a meat that can be stretched to go very far for a low price but takes many hours to cook. I'm starting now so I can have a big pot of it for dinner tomorrow for my Dungeons and Dragons group. XD Usually it's cooked in the form of Oxtail Soup.

@Fen
Which is what I'm doing. 83 I'm making a sort of chinese oxtail soup with carrots, nappa cabbage and mushrooms. I has to sort of BS the wine part and used two pats Lambic to two parts rice wine vinegar... With a dash of Mirin. Honestly? You wouldn't know the difference between it and a bad cooking wine so it's actually turned out well. razz

Revel1984's Bae

Obsessive Streaker

owo Iiiiiinteresting. I have never ever seen oxtail around here, so I thought it was the name for some other random thing! Haha.

RexAutemNox's Princess

Beloved Prophet

That movie ;w; IT TUGGED ON ALL MY FEELS

-Sits in a corner and cries to herself-

Beloved Codger

Oooh, that sounds excellent! That's a really clever idea, using lambic. Hmmm.

I LOVE cheap, weird cuts of meat. I'm aching to buy a beef tongue soon so I can experiment with it.

7,350 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
fenshae
Oooh, that sounds excellent! That's a really clever idea, using lambic. Hmmm.

I LOVE cheap, weird cuts of meat. I'm aching to buy a beef tongue soon so I can experiment with it.

Thanks! The Lambic is sweet and fruity like some wines but it's TOO sweet and fruity. So I add a rice wine vinegar and it comes out bitter and wine like. razz

In fact the oxtail is cooking slowly right now. Tomorrow I have a couple of older steaks I am going to cook to death along with similar spices to make some more broth and add more substance to it... Then in goes the root veggies and it boils for a while and then in goes the greenery. I think it'll be a pretty epic meal for my DnD crew. >3

I have been branching out lately. I have gotten sick of the classic beef, pork chicken thing we have going on. So I wanna add some variety.
Maybe I will buy a beef tongue sometime. 83 We have a place near us that's kind of a market and a lot of local farmers sell to the stands there, the meat is actually chopped into the cuts there and so the meat is always fresh and you get crazy things like whole unskinned pigs or chicken feet.
I grew up knowing EXACTLY where my meat came from, because of that. There was never any question when you saw the legs of lamb that they WERE lamb and they were most distinctly legs. XD

Much Wolf

ChaosTheories
owo Iiiiiinteresting. I have never ever seen oxtail around here, so I thought it was the name for some other random thing! Haha.

There is a candy called oxtail, and that's what I was thinking of xD

7,350 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
Roserain
ChaosTheories

There is a candy called oxtail, and that's what I was thinking of xD

I think you're thinking of...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Cowtails.

XD Which ACTUALLY look like actual cowtails, just not tapered.

Beloved Codger

Yeah. I'm a big supporter of whole, local-sourced foods and agriculture. My #1 goal in life is to get to a point where I'm eating 100% local/organic/whole foods and I'm making all of my own condiments and stuff. It'll take awhile to get there, of course, but it's something to shoot for. I really want to find somebody to go in on a whole cow with me. It would make me soooo happy to buy, like, 1/4 and freeze it for use throughout the year. Plus, they usually include the offal for free! So I could get marrow bones and organ meat and tripe etc. etc.

My boyfriend, who is not nearly as culinarily adventurous as I am, reins me in when I get too crazy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff