THE ISLANDS 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 22 ]
THE SOUTH 0.17424242424242 17.4% [ 23 ]
THE HIGHLANDS 0.17424242424242 17.4% [ 23 ]
~*da abyss*~ 0.22727272727273 22.7% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 132 ]

thyPOPE's Queen

Enduring Elder

rolls over vamps

Shy - A healthy balance in life is definitely the way to go! Good luck with your course workload! I am doing pretty good - recently re-entered the dating world and have been able to start doing things I enjoy again, as opposed to working nearly 20 hours a day. I also caught my first ever halibut a couple of weeks ago, which was exciting. It was about 40lbs and was the biggest one caught that charter, but the record halibut ever caught was like 347lbs...

Mins - I hope you have a great time on your travels!

The prices for stuff on Gaia right now are overwhelming. @.@

thyPOPE's Queen

Enduring Elder

Holy 40lbs of halibut... what would you even do with that much fish?

They filet it out for you so you can vacuum seal/freeze the individual portions and it'll last for about a year without spoiling/getting freezer burned. I gave some to my sister and her husband so they have fresh fish for their family. A lot of people around here fish to limit out as much as they can to get fish to last all year. If you buy it at the store, halibut is about $26/pound so if you spend $300 on a charter and get at least one halibut that weighs about 10 pounds you "break even", so to speak.

I have to ask. What happened to the Gaia economy? lol I'm seeing really super simple art pieces sell for millions now. o.o;;

Greedy Giver

This economy is intense. When I started Gaia, the fairy wings at around 30k were super expensive. xD

The marketplace is absolutely crazy too. Items are off the charts expensive.

thyPOPE's Queen

Enduring Elder

Basically Gaia began to sell gold generator items through the cashshop so everything hyper inflated. It's terrible because new items cost an arm and a leg. My 30mil went from "a lot" to "dirt a** poor" in a little under a month lol

@Loki
        Ohhh, I see. That's pretty smart. Freezer burn is the bane of my existence, I've always been wondering how to avoid that. : ( Halibut is super expensive in Hong Kong, as is salmon and cod and stuff, so I just make do w/ catfish. They sell lots of nice fish in the wetmarkets but none of them really suited to baking...

Minsuil's Prince

Devoted Hoarder

LoSai, aaaa - your avatar is so great TTmTT

And aaaa someone tipped me 50mil for derpy art I did today and this is the most pure I've ever had and I'm still nowhere near rich - i-it's pretty ridiculous! Q_Q

A-also, hi everyone orz ;;

thyPOPE's Queen

Enduring Elder

Hi thy!! And yeah, back in the day 50mil would have been so much...........................

Combative Foe

15,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
I have 168k pure and after last night's discovery, I guesstimate it feels like 3k pure not so long ago ahaha.. x3;

Greedy Giver

During the latest Gaia event, there was another gift-to-the-post-above page but it was for only items 1mil+. It freaked me out when I first saw it but then I realized that my items were way more than that and that 1mil wasn't a lot for an item at all.
Kuni - I remember those days! lol I still remember starting with my first account here and we didn't even get peasant clothes.

Mins -That is definitely the bright side of living in Alaska near the Inlet. The halibut swim relatively close to shore when tides are high, so if you're lucky you don't even need a boat charter to get them all the time, but you definitely need one to catch the bigger sized ones or rockfish, etc.

Pope - Thank you! c: I'm sure your "derpy" art is worth loads - though, I will admit, the R&C totally scares me right now. lol

Combative Foe

15,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
-snugs all around after getting back from campus!- *u*

I'm really glad to hear how you're doing, Loki! ^u^ And wow, congrats on a great catch, too! I-I can only roleplay fishing to some degree lol.. x3;
Thanks, shy. c: It was my first time halibut fishing, so I'm pretty sure it was just beginner's luck. lol The guys on the boat had fun with the fact I had the first/biggest halibut.

How're you doing today?

Combative Foe

15,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Or it could also be a sign that the luck master of fishing favors you *u*

I'm doing alright >u< Taking a little break from the ever growing daily list of academic materials to take on @u@; One of our lecturers confirmed today through a brought up sample scenario in class that with such an amount of coursework that mine would fall into such a category, studying would leave nearly no time to leave a dorm room and be away from a 'desk of open books' for long. And strangely, this got a mental sigh of relief from me, that the lack of variety for the most part in my days are not atypical oh gosh.. x3; I'm reminded of being told on a similar note even in the past that I'm 'a sucker for trouble' xd
I like your thinking! xDD We caught a ton of fish that day. (I caught one cod, two halibut and 4 rock fish. 3nodding ) Our last fishing expedition though...we caught no salmon. :c

I'm glad you're doing all right. Sounds like a tremendous load - good luck finding those little moments to steal for a quick break so you can recharge a little.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff