Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Lunatic

*Rolls through* I'm doing fine thanks heart

Magical Cat

Doing alright.

Wheezing Bunny

Hey, how is everyone?

Sorry it's been so quiet lately! I moved on the 4th and just got out internet connected. We're still unpacking and settling in, so once we're done with that there will be a mini event here c:

Shaggy Gekko

8,725 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Friendly 100
I'm doing good! I got new pets today! :3

I have four of these (Can anyone guess what they are?):
User Image

and three of these:
User Image

I've been at this hobby of raising praying mantises for almost five years. I now have a total of 16 little buggies <3

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
illiyah
      Hey, how is everyone?

Sorry it's been so quiet lately! I moved on the 4th and just got out internet connected. We're still unpacking and settling in, so once we're done with that there will be a mini event here c:

Yay~!
*huggles*

Magical Cat

Congrats on getting moved : D

Wheezing Bunny

Thanks guys! <33
      The new place is so nice. The house and town are both gorgeous and the neighbours are lovely. We're surrounded by bushland and mountains. Deceivingly small town vibe considering the population (I'm used to living in Sydney which is insanely busy all the time) and everything we'll ever need is within a 10 minute drive! Couldn't be happier c:
      The only downside is we're not allowed to own chickens or any livestock here, so if we decide to buy a place in this neighbourhood no free eggs for us XD

Thergothon: Umm... they are bugs, I know that much XD The top one looks like a baby preying mantis and the bottom one looks like a stick insect to me, but I really don't know! We have different bugs in Australia.

Festive Hunter

Congrats on moving Illi! <3

I'm...just fried... I can't WAIT for my week break which will start this weekend. My poor arm and shoulder is killing me - the art kit is so darn heavy. D8 *wishes she was ambidextrous*

Once I'm able to, I will finish the breeding that Elaisa has been waiting so patiently for! Thanks so much!

Thergotten: Other than praying mantis I'm not sure - I know such a general answer right. But congrats I've heard they're great fun! X3

Shaggy Gekko

8,725 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Friendly 100
The one with pointy eyes is an Indian Flower mantis. They look really pretty as adults. The twig looking mantis is the African Twig mantis.

The flower mantises are a bit shy and skittish, but they will get used to handling. The twig mantises act like a twig if something unnerves them. All of them can sit on my thumbnail, though one of the twig mantises is a bit larger than the others.

I also have Ghost Mantises, a really neat small mantis that is so docile they can be kept together. As long as they are well fed they won't eat each other. Then there is the Taumantis, the Lime-Green Mantis, a small light-green or greenish yellow mantis.

Wealthy Sex Symbol

9,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
illiyah
      Hey, how is everyone?

I fell in love the way you fall asleep, Slowly then all at once

Oh how is the house looking out Illi?

Wealthy Sex Symbol

9,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Thergothon
The one with pointy eyes is an Indian Flower mantis. They look really pretty as adults. The twig looking mantis is the African Twig mantis.

The flower mantises are a bit shy and skittish, but they will get used to handling. The twig mantises act like a twig if something unnerves them. All of them can sit on my thumbnail, though one of the twig mantises is a bit larger than the others.

I also have Ghost Mantises, a really neat small mantis that is so docile they can be kept together. As long as they are well fed they won't eat each other. Then there is the Taumantis, the Lime-Green Mantis, a small light-green or greenish yellow mantis.

Oh gosh >< Do they bite?

Shaggy Gekko

8,725 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Friendly 100
Mantises don't normally bite, but when they do it's either in self defense (you would have to be handling them in a way that hurts them) or they are a large mantis that can confuse your fingers for something to eat. I had a massive Rhombodera shield mantis who would always try and go for my fingers, by far she was the most aggressive mantis I ever had. 4 inches long and a strong grip. She drew blood once, but that's because she got a hold of me in a weird angle that I couldn't immediately wrestle her off without hurting her before her jaws reached my finger. Her sister was almost the complete opposite, didn't even bother the male when I bred them (although it helped that he was a smart little fella). So later that year I wound up with more shield mantises, but none that were aggressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vz3nXe7zsc

Mine didn't have blue eyes like that one but AWWWW! I'd definitely get that species again x3

I've avoided bringing up my hobby before, because I get really excited about it and suddenly there could be six pages of bugs. xD

Wheezing Bunny

Azael: Thanks! It's sooo nice here. I love it more every day <33
      Ugh I remember when I did a make-up course that kit was really heavy too D8 Hopefully you get used to it soon and it's not so bad!

Anhika: It's great, thank you! How are you?

Thergothon: Oooh cool, I didn't know where were different types of mantis XD;
      Feel free to talk about bugs as much as you like! <3

Sarcastic Codger

24,440 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
*snuggles in*

Wealthy Sex Symbol

9,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Thergothon
Mantises don't normally bite, but when they do it's either in self defense (you would have to be handling them in a way that hurts them) or they are a large mantis that can confuse your fingers for something to eat. I had a massive Rhombodera shield mantis who would always try and go for my fingers, by far she was the most aggressive mantis I ever had. 4 inches long and a strong grip. She drew blood once, but that's because she got a hold of me in a weird angle that I couldn't immediately wrestle her off without hurting her before her jaws reached my finger. Her sister was almost the complete opposite, didn't even bother the male when I bred them (although it helped that he was a smart little fella). So later that year I wound up with more shield mantises, but none that were aggressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vz3nXe7zsc

Mine didn't have blue eyes like that one but AWWWW! I'd definitely get that species again x3

I've avoided bringing up my hobby before, because I get really excited about it and suddenly there could be six pages of bugs. xD

Awwww!!!!! that's actually cute i'm not too big a bug person So i'd get a little nervous.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff