Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is a great post, thank you! biggrin I haven't been around Gaia for yeeeeears so it's a nice summary of how things are operating these days.

Trash Garbage

13,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Informer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Great post -- I think it'll be so helpful to people. I know a lot of this is information I had to learn word-of-mouth a few years ago, so it's great of you to put this together. <3

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Syrie's Husbando

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
poke mattix
Wow, this guide is great! it explains so many things in a easy enough manner, and it's so much more updated then the one made in...2004? Props to Prolixity! heart

If you don't mind me asking/suggesting, but perhaps you could add information in on how long it takes pets to "Grow" on average, or information about concepts or "what would make a good breedable shop", incase some newbies need some ideas?

Thank you!

I did consider both of these ideas, but decided not to address them. Growing times and growing requirements vary quite widely between shops, and it's one of the things that should be posted on the front page; and while I could make suggestions on concepts, the best concepts are creative ones that someone has thought up or put a new spin on. I'm hoping that a newbie who's trying to make a breedable shop will hang around the forum and look around to see what's popular and what works. This is meant as a basic guide, rather than a full step-by-step of what to do to start a shop.

I'll put this in the FAQ section, though! Thanks for the question and the suggestions; I'm always happy to get input that will make this more useful or clearer.

nekoluch's Pardner

Scamp

Excellent stuff. heart

Beloved Stargazer

Epic, my dear. this require sticky plz ? heart

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I'm totally hoping that this gets stickied...I know it will help a lot of people that are new to Gaia/BCP. :>

Syrie's Husbando

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Added a note about auction snipe guards, as I remembered that is a potentially confusing thing.

Wealthy Lover

*pokes it up*
poke mattix
If you don't mind me asking/suggesting, but perhaps you could add information in on how long it takes pets to "Grow" on average, or information about concepts or "what would make a good breedable shop", incase some newbies need some ideas?

Hrm the last parts are more about how to set up a B/C shop (while that's still a noble idea for a guide!) this one seems more aimed at those who are utterly lost and new to B/C. (There is a guide out there on making a B/C shop called Patience, Prosperity and Pie, see here: LINK )

Prolixity, would you mind if I linked this to the B/C Shop Owner's Community? Or possibly you'd like to do it yourself. Breedables Changeables Shop Owner's Community

Syrie's Husbando

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
I wouldn't mind. Also, adding the link you provided to the "making a shop" section - thanks!
So glad to see this thread getting recognition - it's shiny. heart
*tosses up a link in the Other Resources section of the BCSOC*

Aye, this thread deserves to be stickied post haste.
*nudges the thread up for visibility* heart

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers