Welcome to Gaia! ::

dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama

Human

18,450 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
Umm, may I ask one question? I uploaded the first stage. Named it x123. Ok, so yeah.. I uploaded it on Photobucket. I posted it in my Test Thread. I deleted the original x123. Uploaded the next stage, it was named x123 in Paint. (That's where I made them both) But are you supposed to name it the same file in Paint or Photobucket? I named the first stage the same thing. I made the first stage,then I made the second stage and resaved it. Not saving the first stage. Thanks if you can help <3 Sorry if this is a tad confusing. By the way, the problem of the story is that when i delete the original and try to upload the second one and get it to change on a thread. It doesn't... </3 Thank you if you can help <3
Gave this a read through despite knowing some of the B/C "laws", and at least I am able to follow a lot of what was going on! It's a little sad (imo) that some things kinda needs to be said; such as not being rude about not winning a pet and the like, but I'm glad someone went ahead and made this to help others.

Thanks for making this~!

Friendly Noob

5,850 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sarcastic Codger

24,440 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Welcome to the B/C all!

Syrie's Husbando

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Azyiie
Umm, may I ask one question? I uploaded the first stage. Named it x123. Ok, so yeah.. I uploaded it on Photobucket. I posted it in my Test Thread. I deleted the original x123. Uploaded the next stage, it was named x123 in Paint. (That's where I made them both) But are you supposed to name it the same file in Paint or Photobucket? I named the first stage the same thing. I made the first stage,then I made the second stage and resaved it. Not saving the first stage. Thanks if you can help <3 Sorry if this is a tad confusing. By the way, the problem of the story is that when i delete the original and try to upload the second one and get it to change on a thread. It doesn't... </3 Thank you if you can help <3

Sorry I didn't notice this sooner! I'm afraid my reply is terribly late. :c

This is a Photobucket issue. If your image isn't a broken link, but the picture is just not changing, that means Photobucket's cache hasn't updated yet. This can sometimes take days. If you are seeing a broken link rather than an image, check your URL or file type; if you saved it as a .jpg file, it always needs to be a .jpg file to update correctly, and likewise with other types of files.

7,350 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
Azyiie

Actually there's another thing that can help... Clearing your OWN cache/temporary internet files. Your browser saves a temporary file for every picture loaded on it. If it's loading right in another browse it's just your cache. Clearing it will remove all of your other pre-saved images as well (everything from your Gaia avatar to google images) but it's good to clear it once in a while and it will normally fix the issue.

Frequently it's not Photobucket that's the problem... It's your own browser!

Also, Gaia has it's own cache that takes a while to upload. So if you run into that as a problem again you can try clearing your own cache... Or just give it some time and it'll self-update within like a week.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff