Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Phantom

((Part 5!))

Trenzet and Reggie continued their downward climb for what seemed like hours, carefully checking each crack in the rock before they's put any weight on it.

"Man, this thing just goes on forever, doesn't it?" Trenzet looked down at Reggie, his ears drooping sadly. "And still no trace of Beor...

Reggie looked up at Trenzet. "Hey, we're not done yet, Trenz; if anyone could manage a fall through a long rock tunnel and come out with his skin still attached, it's Beor. And hopefully, we'll be able to find out so- hullo!"

"Soo-hullo? You've officially lost me, Reg." Trenzet blinked at his friend, raising a brow in confusion. "Care to enlighten me a bit?"

"How does this work for enlightenment, Trenzet?" Reggie grinned and held the torch out in front of him, showing a widening of the tunnel and a change of angle. "It looks like we may finally have reached the end!" He grinned and slid down the curve of the tunnel, stepping out into a huge underground cavern. "Whoa..."
Day 3

Mercedes chuckles before she shakes her head in amusement, the glowing goo is dripping from her fur giving her the magical mystical glow around her body that Hecate and Hessys don't have. She stretches her body out before she steps out of the goo with unusual grace that the humans have before she glances over at Hecate and Hessys before grinning lightly "Are you guys coming?? We have to get home to tell Cait that we went to forbidden cave and we found morph potion. I am sure she will be very thrilled to hear about that"

Hecate nods before she stands up, shaking her fur sending droplets of goo flying all over the place covering everything including Mercedes, Hessys and the walls. She have the grace to smile sheepishly before she steps out "sorry gals.... reflex ya know" she apologized before she sees Mercedes and Hessys break out in twin impish forgiving smile before she sighs in relief. She grins back before she trots out of the goo without making any splash, her fur is glowing too due to the staining of the goo to her fur. "Well I am ready..."

Hessys chuckles before she holds out the vial, dangling it between her two digits "We can't forget to bring the vial back to prove to Miz Sirenz and Caitlyn that we actually found the morph potion." She sees Mercedes nods in approval before she scoops the goo in the vial until its almost full "umm do you guys have any cork or something to seal this vial?"

Mercedes laughs as she rummages through the traveling knapsack Caitlyn forced Mercedes to bring, an muffled shout of trumiph emits from the bag before her head and paws emerge from the bag. In her right paw, she is clenching the cork as best as she could and in her left paw 10 more vials, all tucked in between digits. "Some help here??" sweatdrop She asked Hessys and Hecate.

Hecate laughs as she walks forward to retrieve 5 vials from Mercedes, and says "I will help you fill them out Mercedes... oh and here you go Hessys..." She plucks the cork from Mercedes' paw and tosses it over to Hessys. She trots over to the edge of the mini pond before she start to fill them out with nimble paws swiftly, she lines the full vials up beside her before she nods to Mercedes and Hessys

Hessys grins at Mercedes before she corks the vial close, she places it next to the neatly lined filled vials. "Well I guess we all are done here..." She mused before she nods as she pulls out the vial box. She swiftly and expertly places the vials in their proper place before she closes the box shut with the lid and puts the box back in the traveling knapsack. She slants her eyes toward Hecate and Mercedes before she smiles before asking "Are you gals ready to head back home??"

Ruthless Phantom

((Part..6, I guess xd ))

"No kidding whoa...this place is enromous! We could fit our whole pack and then some in here, Reggie!" Trenzet slid out of the tunnel right behind Reggie, standing on the floor and stretching out. "Ah, it feels great to be able to actually stand again, and not have to hang on by my toes."

"Yeah, amen to that..." Reggie looked around the cavern. "I hope we can find Beor soon, though; the fact that he's not right here is somewhat enouraging, in my opinion; that means he can move." ^^

"And knowing him...he's already poking around this cave while he waits for us to catch up, right?" Trenzet grins hopefully at Reggie. "That seems about right."

"Of course; so let's get moving and see what we can find." Reggie nods at Trenzet, then starts strolling purposefully across the floor, holding the torch up high. "We're not going to learn anything just standing here, after all."

The two nikkos wandered along into the great expanse of the cavern, looking around at the various rock protrusions and and extensions.

"This is sort of eery...but cool at the same time." Reggie smiles, looking around at the long shadows cast by the flickering torchlight. "Makes me wish that I had a camera."

"Well, that's something that we forgot to bring, Reg; but you were in charge of provision supply, so this oversight is all your fault." Trenzet chuckled at Reggie, making a face at his friend and totally not noticing the hand that was reaching out of the darkness behind them...

Ruthless Phantom

((Part 7! The long windedness continues!))

All of a sudden, a hand clapped down on Trenzet's shoulder, much to the shock of Trenzet. "ACK!!! REGGIE!"

Reggie whirled around, holding the torch high as he prepared to defend his friend and casting the glow of the light back....fully illuminating Beor standing behind them, his hand on Trenzet's shoulder. "Beor?"

"In the flesh; you were expecting the Boogeyman?" Beor grins at the other two nikkos. "And nice greeting you've got there, Trenzet."

Trenzet grins sheepishly at Beor. "Well, I wasn't expecting you to show up out of the dark like that, Beor; especially not here! But it's great to see you're ok, Beor; when you fell, we kinda freaked out."

Beor smiles. "Well, your concern is really appreciated, guys...but after falling for a few minutes, I remembered that I have wings. You guys just need to put these things in perspective."

Reggie chuckles at the two of them. "Well, now that we're all good and happy again, did you accomplish anything while you were waiting for us?"

A smile crosses Beor's face. "Did I accomplish anything? Well, I suppose that you might say that...or rather, I found something. This way" He gestures for Trenzet and Reggie to follow him. "It's over this way a ways...but I think that it's worth the walk."
Frieda walked in the moonlight, looking around. "Pash, why did you lead me here?"

"It's important. I remember when I was a kid I came sledding in here, and it was the scariest place ever. I HAVE to see whether or not it is half as scarey now."

Talliea rolled her eyes and then was about to walk off, when she slid backwards into a rock.

Iris looked at Talliea curiously. "What's the odds of that?" She wondered, and then stayed close to Harry. "I'm creeped."

"I'm pretty sure it is JUST as creepy as it was before, Pash." Talliea nodded, and then got up. She pounced onto the rock, and then looked up. "Anyone notice anything odd about the darkness up there?"

Harry shook his head, "Nope, why?"

Loretta squinted in the darkness and then said, "There is light coming from up there, but there are no light holes." Loretta shook her head. "This is uninteresting to me."

"Surrreeee," Roxanne grinned as she held Iris on the tip of her finger. "I think you are all cra-" Roxanne dissappeared in the moonlight.

Iris shivered, and then returned to Harry. "Where did she go?"

"No clue," Talliea said as she ran next to Harry. "I'm staying close to you peoples."

"Might as well," Pash nodded, and then sat next to Talliea. "Frieda?"

There was no reply.

Loretta looked at Max, and then quietly shuffled her feet.

"Yum! Sugar water!" Iris yelled, and then she disappeared.

Harry's jaw dropped, "Iris?" He asked quickly. "Peachie's going to be SOOO mad at me..."
Eliathanus heard the others follow him down the slope, but he couldn't care less. His nose had caught many interesting scents in this dank blackness, and he always followed his nose. This led to a large room-like area to the cavern. The walls were so high that he couldn't even see where the ceiling was. The glow from the lower parts of the wall was much stronger here, making it to where he didn't have to squint nor use his nose to find his way. Here and there large crystal-like formations poked out of the ground, towing over him like frozen giants. He suppressed a shiver as he walked on, seemingly led on by something he couldn't see.

Valefore and the others quickly caught up to Eliathanus and stopped momentarily to take in the beauty of the room around them. Noticing that Eliathanus wasn't waiting up, they all quickly followed him on.
Talliea looked around. "Rina?"

Rina slid to Talliea, and then looked at the green goo. "This is probably what Iris thought was sugar-water."

"That DOES not look like sugar water."

"Iris is only a tot!" Max replied, and then flew to the top to examine it. "Ahhh..."

"What is it?" Loretta asked.

"It smells exactly like sugar-water. No wonder."

Rina gulped. "Max, can you come down here for a minute...."

"Er, why?" Max asked quickly.

"BEHIND YOU!" Loretta yelped.

Max turned around and disappeared.

"NOOO!" Loretta screamed. She moved rocks, and then sighed, full of anger.

"It's okay, Loretta." Talliea patted her shoulder. "It WILL be okay."

"And you know that, how?" Loretta asked and then slid out of the Forbidden Cave.

Pash chased after her, and they both disappeared as the mist came into the room.

"W-what's that?" Talliea asked, and then hid behind Rina and Harry.

Harry looked around, and then patted Rina on the head.

"And that was for?" Rina asked suspiciously.

"Read the Hiro-griffics." Harry nodded. "I know you can."

"Okay..." Rina said, and then looked at them sharply. "It says here that 'There was an ancient nikko that lived here thousands of years ago.'" She paused, and then continued reading. "'Many unfortunate events would befall her, but she would dodge every one of them.' Wow, that's amazing. 'Until one day, she was so tired that she rested for a few moments. Traps were activated, and her heart was a oozy green.'" Rina looked around the room disgustingly.

"Read more," Talliea said. "This is interesting..."
Harry nodded, and then pointed to the next row of hirogriffics.

Rina cleared her throat, and then read, "'They say that her heart is against these walls today, and that an eerie mist may lead to much misfortune, as of her's.'" Rina sighed. "Now for the rest. 'This Nikko was working on a potion to make nikkos more like human. She wanted them to realize that nikkos should have the same rights as humans. So she made a tomb, and each night she would go in this tomb and work on this potion. She had baby nikkos, and they would each be experimented on, never killing one of them, but instead, aging it.'"

Harry squinted to see the hirogriffics. He pointed to another set, and then said, "There, these ones." The mist was fogging up the forbidden cave.

"'One night, her great grandchildren were in her house, sadly weeping for her. They heard of her death, and they realized that she would never come back. A mist accompanied them, and the mist was mistaken for fog. As the mist surrounded them, they fell fast asleep. Their parents woke up to the smell of death, and they checked to see how they were. They were not dead, but almost out of oxegon. The parents, who's name were Ariisa and Airrn, took them to their room, and then sprinkled ancient holy water on them. They coughed, and were given enough oxegon to live the rest of the life.'" Rina said.

"We're going to be dead!" Harry said clutching his throat, he looked around and saw a small hole in the wall, he crawled as fast as he could through it, and then Talliea and Rina followed him.
(I must be really bored today xd )

"This must be the parent's bedroom!" Talliea whispered as she lit a candle on the wall.

"It's exactly how it was described," Rina said, and then she saw a wall of hirogriffics. "Here it says, 'The parents were so happy to have their children live, they had a feast, but someone had put poison in their goblets. It was uneasily taken care of, when the health nikkos tried to save them. It resulted to both nikkos death. The kids wept away, and were sent to live in the upper chamber.'"

"This is creepy..." Harry said as he looked around the room. "Wait a second, look at the bed!"

Talliea blew away the dust, and saw a nikko that reminded her of Rina, except the nikko was a golden auburn color. "This must of been-" Talliea stopped. "There is a note, Rina, read this."

Rina picked up the dusty and ancient note and read it, "'Here lies Ariisa, the mother of love.'" Right next to Ariisa was a green gooey potion. "That's the...."

"Potion that that nikko made." Harry said, and then shot Rina and Talliea a look. "We shan't use it. We must keep it locked up."

"It might be unsafe..." Talliea began. "And it also might be poison."

Rina picked it up carefully, and then blew the dust off of it. "It has a tag on it. It says 'Dear Ariisa, my favorite child. There will be poison in the goblet that you will drink tonight, do not use it. I know you may be upset, but it is your only chance of survival. I made this years ago, and stuck the note on it. I knew this would happen, dear.'" Rina gasped, and then took off her backpack and put it in there.

Harry looked at Ariisa, and then sighed. "The mist must be gone, he said as he looked through the hole. They all crawled out, and surprisingly saw a bunch of green goo on the ground.

Loretta grinned, "It was scarey!" She cried, and then she looked at the rest of the pack that was with her.

"We were taken into an ancient tomb, and then something must of happened because we ended up right here!" Max said. "You probably won't believe us."

"Actually, after what we've done today," Rina paused, "I think I'd believe anything."

The End!

Ruthless Phantom

((Part 8 ))

Beor lead Reggie and Trenzet through the cavern, his own torch lighting the way along with the one Reggie carrried. "Lovely bit of scenery, don't think?" He grins at the other two nikkos. "Great place to have a picnic."

Reggie rolls his eyes with a grin. "Oh yeah; it's very sad that we don't have one along with us now...but anyway, when are we going to get to this thing you want to show us?"

"Patience, Grasshopper; we're almost there. And like I said, this thing is worth seeing; you two won't believe your eyes." Beor grineed impishly at Reggie and Trenzet, then turned a corner...

"Oh...my...god." Trenzet's jaw dropped wide open and he stared blankly at the sight that greeted them: A small pool, fed by a steady trickle from the overhanging stone spikes, which in and of itself was of no interest, but what was very interesting was the fact that the pool and trickle weren't made of water, but of a strange thick green slime that glowed softly in the darkness of the cave. "What is this stuff?"

Beor shrugs. "That's a good question, actually...this is as far as I got before you guys showed up. What say we try and figure that out?"

"Sounds like a great idea, Beor; nikkos, spread out and search!" Reggie grins at him*

Ruthless Phantom

((Part 9!))

Beor, Reggie, and Trenzet all start nosing around in the area surrounding the pond of ooze, all of them carefully refraining from touching any of the slime.

After a few minutes, Trenzet looked up at the other two. "Hey guys...what exactly are we looking for, anyway?"

Beor blinked at him, then smiled and shrugged. "Specifically, I can't say. Anything that looks like it might help us figure out more about this particular puddle of ooze, I guess." He winces slightly and laughs. "I guess that it's a bit of a stretch, but we have to at least try."

Reggie chuckles and shakes his head. "Well, this is a pretty pointless search, it seems, but at least we're having an adventure." He grins and leans against the smooth rock face of the wall near the pond, still shaking his head.

"Man, you're always so cynical, Reggie! Why can't you be a little more open-minded?" Trenzet shook his head as he turned to look at Reggie, then he suddenly tilted it to the side. "Reggie...what is that on the wall there?"

"Huh? What do you mean by that, Trenzet?" Reggie blinked at him, then turned to look at the wall himself. "Whoa...look at this!"

Beor walked up to where Trenzet and Reggie were standing and chuckles. "Well, I guess that this could count as something of interest, guys." He smiles and runs his hand over the wall, into which were etched a great many lines of writing. "Can either of you two read this?"

Trenzet makes a face at Beor. "Of course we can; we can recognize and read ancient nikkoese as well as you."

"No kidding; and that's definitly what this is. So I say that we find out what it says; after all, it's got to be of some interest." Reggie grins at Beor and Trenzet. "Come on, it's rock writing."

The other two nodded, and then the three of them, raising their torches for better light, began to read...

Ruthless Phantom

(( 10 ))

As it ran on the wall (translated into English, of course wink ):

Blessed are those souls whose existance is protected and cared for by the great goodness and mercy of the spirits above; and even more blessed are they who can claim the right of direct divine protection, as has been the honor of we whose very lives have been snatched from the gaping maw of Death so very recently.

We feel that it is our solemn duty, therefore, to record for the knowledge of future generations our story, so that the great debt owed by the nikkos to the great faery Miada is never forgotten.

As is known by all who inhabit these parts, we nikkos are a non-violent race who are peaceful and friendly to the other residents of these mountains. We have been denizens of these hills for ages and ages, ever since the very first nikko was created, and we had managed to survive with our wits and our physical abilities. For the most part, we had no problems, but as exists in any place, we had our enemies.

These mountains are also home to many creatures whose names we nikkos fear to name, but for the most part, we are able to protect ourselves and our packs from the threats of destruction at the hands of our violent neighbors. Such is the way nikkos had lived from the beginning, and so was the way we continued...but sometimes, fate and nature have a habit of throwing a wrench into the wheels of simplicity, as I and my pack were the unfortunates to learn.

A very short time ago, I and my pack inhabited a small valley near the foot of Laika mountain, bordering the woods. Although we were few in number, we were string in unity, and we were happy with our lot in life. But that all changed with the arrival of...it.

The "It" I refer to was a monster; a creature of such vicious and ruthless designs that all it seemed to live for was the bloody and unnatural demise of others to glut it's huge form even more. This massive beast of orgins we know not appeared one day in our peaceful valley, and the results....

*here the text trailed off for a bit, but it resumed a bit further down*

The monster attacked without warning, and we nikkos were nearly helpless to do anything against it. Our natural defenses of tooth and claw were no match for our enemy, even one claw of which was almost as big as a tot. There was nothing that could be done excpet flee, and such was what those of us that remained tried to do.

But that damned fiend, that monster of nature couldn't let even one creature escape his clutches, and we were pursued; the only place we had to flee to was the mountain itself, and it was there we turned our steps...with the beast on our trail. Those of us who were old enough to realize the danger were nearly given to despair, for nothing seemed to posses the power to save us; in our terror and despair, we called out to the only one who was left to help us; the great Fae Miada. And she heard our pleas, and in her greatness came to our aid.

As we fled up the mountain, the beast had gradually ground, and it seemed to all of us that we were near to out end; then the great faery intervened! Before our astonished eyes, a chasm opened in the side of the mountain in front of us, one wide enough for all of us to enter at once. But as soon as we were inside, the opening closed, leaving a crack barely wide enough to accomadate one nikko. We were astonished by this, but realized immeadiatly what was going on and called out praises to the Fae.

But there seemed to be little time for celebration; the monster had finally caught up with us, and he viciously attacked the rock outside the cave. We could hear his furious snarlings and the terrible sound of his claws tearing at the rock, and we knew that we'd better continue on.

If you are reading this, then you know of the passage that leads from that cave to this cavern; we, although we had to light, were directed hence by the Fae, and once we had made it this far, we were finally able to rest. But once we were able to relax, our plight was thrown into greater light and we were given to despair; of our original pack, a mere 13 remained; 4 adult males, 5 adult females, and 4 kids. And we were alone, in a huge underground rock cavern with no food and no water and no hope, and were consequently given to despair once more.

This was a foolish and selfish thing to do, for we had already been shown great kindness by the Fae...but she took pity on us once more, and actually appeared before us, undeserving creatures that we were. And she dried the tears of the weepers and smiled on us, then led us through the darkness of the cave to where a small pond of water, fed by a small stream, sat.

"Times are no longer as simplistic as they once were, my beloved nikkos, and you are not as well-equipped to handle these new adversities as you currently are. Therefore I bestow upon you a gift; you will be able to take a new form unto yourselves; this new form is powerful, fleet, and adaptable and will aid you in your fight against the new foes you face. See how the water changes even now." Thus she spoke, and at the same time gestured to the pond, which had changed from clear cool water to a thick glowing green slime. The Fae, observing our looks of revulsion, smiled. "Do not be alarmed, my nikkos; this is the agent that will allow you to take on your new shapes. One drink from this font, and any nikko will be able to assume the shape of a humanoid, such as I myself posses. You will be smarter and stronger, but you will still be able to exist as a common nikko if you are so inclined. The choice is entirely up to you, of course, but if you want it...it's yours." So she spoke, and then she vanished.

We all looked at each other, still amazed by the gift we'd been presented with and dazzled by it's power. But when it came down to it, no one wanted to be the one to try the slime...so I volunteered.

The experience was indescribable. No sooner had a taste of the ooze touched my lips than a tingling like that of a lightning strike ran through me; the world swam before my eyes for a minute, then suddenly sharpened into even stronger focus as my eyes moved slightly apart and largened; my spine straightened out, my hind legs lengthened and my front legs shortened....my front paws shrunks and became slender, with two extra digits appearing and my hind feet flattened out; then my fur shrunk to become a fine short covering, and I stood up as a nikko...but in the body of a humanoid. I was tall, I was strong, and I was powerful...all because of the gift from Miada.

My companions had soon drunk of the pond themselves, and we knew then what a gift we had been given. We knew that with the Fae's gift, we'd be able to triumph over our foes, and no more would we be defenseless.

But at the same time, we knew that what we had was a gift of remarkable power; and we swore that we would protect our well-spring with the power that it had itself given us. And so we decided to reserve the knowledge of this cave for a select few, protecting it from harm and abuse by those who knew not what they were meddling with.

~Thus is the account of I, Nikko pack leader Hiaor, in hopes that nikkos will never forget the origins of our amazing morphic form and our great debt~
Eliathanus continued on, heedless of the rest of the nikkos behind him. At the far end of the large room, there was a plaque set into the stone of the wall, looking like it had been carved there many ages ago. Squinting his eyes, he could just barely read the text. He waited until the others caught up with him before he began to slowly read it out. "In times gone past, the nikkos have been the protecters of the planet. Only those courageous enough to brave the dangers of this cavern will be rewarded with the power that they once had many aeons ago. The task you must now perform is not only a test of bravery, but of intelligence. Go back to the lake and look for another plaque on the wall. You shall find your task there." He blinked, turning to look at the others. "Seems simple enough. What are we waiting for?"

Makenshi rolled his eyes for a moment, then looked at Eliathanus. "Are you stupid or something? For one, I'm the only one with wings in this group, and I sure can't carry anyone else but myself. As far as I could tell, there was absolutely no place to tie a rope off so the rest of you could climb. So, how do you propose we get back up the slope, exactly?"

Doyce looked at Makenshi and smiled slightly. "Why, you can hold the rope for us, Makenshi. We'll tie it around your waist. You fly up and dig your nails in until we're all up with you."

Makenshi blinked, then finally nodded his agreement. After all of them were back up to the level they were supposed to be at, they all headed back down the tiny crumbling path and started looking for another plaque.

Eloquent Hunter

3,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
So Far: Kaji was just hanging out next to the cave when she saw a bat fly into it. She smiled and quickly the followed the bat into the cave only to lose it short after. This is where the story begins.....

Kaji: *She looks around, hoping to find the bat followed in here. She walks slowly towards around a corner and sees it is a dead end* Great. Now I am lost. *She sighs deeply and turns back around. She then looks all around the cave hoping to find a way out.* Man, ya never know how big this place it until you get lost in it *She looked all around the cave, admiring the beautiful rock formations and drawings on the wall. As she was walking, she tripped over a small rock and tunbled a little ways. She shook her head, trying to get back her bearings. She then tried to stand up but was still too dizzy to do so. She tried again but fell right back onto her bottom* I guess I might as well rest for a little while. *She yawns slihtly then curls up in a ball to take a nap*

Ruthless Phantom

((Part 11))

"Well, that was definitly interesting...and long." Beor smiled and shook his head, gently running his hand over the worn etchings. "I never knew how it was that nikkos originally got the power to morph...and that also explains the scratchings on the rock, doesn't it?"

"Yeah, it doesn...I wonder whatever happened to the beast; this doesn't say what happened after that." Reggie frowned slightly at the wall, but then grinned. "But this is a pretty darn interesting story...and just think of what it says!" He glances at the pool of ooze. "It's really tempting, isn't it, Trenzet?"

"Amen to that, Reggie; after all, this thing was made to help out nikkos, right?" Trenzet looks from Beor to Reggie with a grin* And they don't come more defensive than us, after all; pack leader, sheriff, and ranger; Beor's already set, but we two..." He looked at Reggie with a gleam in his eyes.

Reggie nodded. "Aye...for us, the chance of a lifetime is looking us in the face. And to quote our eminant predecessor...the choice is entirely up to us."

((The end))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces