Welcome to Gaia! ::

Arew's missmatched eyes stared up at the canopy of branches and leaves above him, unblinking as he shifted only slightly on the large toadstool he was currently pearched on. Huffing more to himself than the silent forest around him. The halfbreed was currently sitting away from the tribe as he often did most nights. It had become local knowledge that he was a b*****d child and even worse, a halfbreed earthling. To him it was clear the moon had risen as the rest of the tribes skin grew lighter at night while he only seemed to lighten a little into another color all together. His fathers color. He had enough of being mocked and tormented for the day and was currently seeking some form of solitude in the quiet surrounding of Jahaur.

Even the sounds of gentle footsteps in the distance did not encourage the boy to look away from the tree's canopy. If anything he was far enough away from the tribe now that if it was only one person he was sure it wouldn't be hard to take him on and defeat him. After all the tribe somehow seemed to require the entire village in order to take him on completely, such pathetic people and yet they had allowed him to live. He had to at least be grateful for that even if his 'father' was against it.

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The family dinner had been hectic as usual, as was custom in the household with such a large array of family members. The food was shared all around and most of the younger ones ran around picking up food as they pleased as the older ones scolded them. Alassiel enjoyed her family life very much, and as she sat back gazing from one familiar face to the other a smile grew on her lips, even when she passed her half sibling she’d lovingly nicknamed ‘Rew. It was strange to see his skin change as everyone grew lighter and lighter, she couldn’t help but stare a little and avert her eyes if he ever caught her. Dinner was finished, the hustle and bustle settled down until only the bugs seemed to be making noise as the younger siblings went to bed.

Alassiel caught ‘Rew leaving the home as he usually did every evening, he reminded her a lot of how she herself escaped to her hideout at nights. Usually she left him alone, after all she was not blind or deaf to the mistreatments he received from not only their own family but also the tribe as a whole. Pursing her lips, Alassiel decided to follow him. Keeping far enough that he wouldn’t be able to spot her, but close enough so she wouldn’t lose him i the dense forest. She felt a little bad for following him in such a manner, you were suppose to show great respect to older siblings after all. No matter, she would speak with him once he’d settled.

Once Alassiel was satisfied with knowing he would not be moving more than stare up at the trees, she moved in, making sure to make a sufficient amount of noise so he would know someone was coming up behind him. “‘Rew!” She threw her arms over his shoulder, bending down a little so her chin was resting on his shoulder and her hands had wrapped themselves around his torso in a backwards hug. “What are you doing out here all by yourself?” Alassiel was feigning ignorance, but she knew quite well what he was doing.
Though the sound of feet appraoching caused his ears to twitch he at least didn't tense up at the approach. If it had been someone meant to harm him he either wouldn't have heard them coming or they would at least be trying to make themselves unknown. Perhaps it was someone who would claim he was in their way as the members of the shifter tribe often did when he sat alone. The sound of his name called just before the familiar arms of his younger sister found thier way over his shoulder he wondered how the girl had managed to clime atop the toadstool he currently sat on but mentally shrugged off the thought with little care.

Closing his eyes he lowered his head down and turning it slightly so he could see her out of the corners of his eyes. Alassiel was a strange child, or at least he had considered her such. Despite the way his 'father' treated him and the 'fake' care his mother showed, his younger sister seemed to consider him as much a member of the tribe and family as she was. Perhaps it was she who kept him from taking off into the forest begging the Alkidikes to end his suffering. The tribe wouldn't miss him much after all. "Hello Alassiel"

Shifting he moved to pull her quickly around and tickle her before releasing the pure shifter girl. "Thinking. Have you ever seen a Nondwa Aly." The day she had started calling him 'Rew was the day he had tried to come up with an equally silly name for the younger girl, weather she liked it or not he didn't seem to take notice. It was his name for his younger sister. The others he seemed to continue to call by their own names and not with any teasing. Trying to distract his sister from his pain and lonely seemed to work best for him in the end and it wasn't like he ever got her into to much trouble.

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The pull from ‘Rew was unexpected and Alassiel gripped onto him as she began laughing rather loudly from the tickling. Probably the tribe would be wondering what in the world was making the quiet girl burst out laughing, but none would disturb them once they saw her older brother. “Hahaha, ‘Rew stop ittt.” She shrieked between her booming laughter. It took her awhile for her laugh to die down to giggles and then back to the silence of the night. IT was nice not having to answer a bunch of questions, her siblings always wondered why she was constantly quiet, but with ‘Rew they could stay quiet and they’d be fine.

His question caught her off guard, and she had not. “Hm, I don’t think I have.” Personally, Alassiel hadn’t a care for any animals, apart of course for the weird baby thing she’d found and kept at her hideout. The only reason she kept him was because she’d accidentally killed its mother a felt sorry for the poor thing. “Why do you ask?” She was curious to know, it wasn’t really a regular subject to speak about. Plus, if she had seen one it meant that she had been out and about in the forest. “Have you seen one?”
The boys missmatched gaze focused on his smaller sisters face as he stopped tickling her and allowed her to remain half laying in his lap while supporting her with one hand. He didn't like to pull the attention of the tribe members to him all that often, some had mistaken his teasing to be a careless attack meant to kill in the past and he wished not to repeat that senario again. Blinking as his gaze shifted back towards the canopy Arew's face softened, "I thought all girls loved small critters that were soft and delecate." He would definatly have to remember that if he ever managed to find a decent woman. Then again his sister wasn't your typical girl in his eyes anyway.

As for the reason he had asked, well he wanted to change the subject from what he was doing so answer that question would be pointless. Arew was grateful however when she had asked him if he had seen one. "Of course I have Aly." His gaze snapped down to her as she smiled lightly. "They are very pretty and come in all sorts of colors. They even glow like the mushrooms do. And they fly in the most magical way."

Looking back to the tribe who seemed to currently be ignoring the siblings Arew grinned mischeviously before lifting Alassiel into the air. "Why don't we go and see if we can catch one? They wont notice were are gone for quite some time." He motioned to the tribe behind him with a large grin.

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Alassiel rolled her eyes, girls were soft. Her mother wanted her to follow in her older sister's footsteps, get married and bring even more kids into the family. She had other things she wanted to do first though, like continue to have her hideout and learning to use a spear. Obligations were such a pain, her mother wanted to see her with her own family and the whole family wanted her to follow the path of a fisher. Rew was lucky, they weren’t expecting the same things of him because he was only half of them. She sighed softly, under her breath so he couldn’t hear her. “Well I don’t, but maybe that’s because I like other stuff.” She left her extra curricular activities out of the response.

Gripping onto Rew, Alassiel’s eyes grew wide. “Really? Are we allowed?” Now THIS was exciting! And this was another reason to love her older brother some more, he wasn’t afraid to be going out. “I would adore going out and finding one!” Anything to get out and about by herself was good, but she wondered if he brother knew so much, how ofen did he go out by himself.
"Well I don't know if we are allowed, perhaps we should go back and ask?" Arew teased his eyes twinkling as he moved to stand up giving the impression that he had given up and was heading back to the camp despite his sisters obvious protest. Turning almost as suddenly in a diffrent direction and climbing up into the first set of branches of the tree. "Now little Aly I was only kidding. No one is going to go around missing us, you're to small still and well. I'm me." Reaching out to help his little sister up into the tree Arew grinned.

He knew his sister well enough that like him she liked to leave the tribe at night, often the other Shifters didn't notice and if they had he would often cover for her with excusses like. 'Oh she went to find something that she wanted to show me. She's probably back at the house.' and other silly things like that. Though he had to admit he had silently followed her from time to time and knew she loved to hide things. So he never asked about it, much like himself he didn't care what she did as long as she was going around killing tribe members. Somehow that would get blamed on him and he wasn't going to put up with that.

"I think last time I saw one it was over in that direction." Pointing away from the village Arew looked back towards his sister to see if she was actually looking or even that interested.

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Alassiels mouth dropped open, asking permission! She would much rather they didn’t, plus if they did surely their mother would refuse such a request from the siblings. Leaving her children to go out to play in the forest at night? No way. She followed him none the less, not exactly as happy about it. Alassiel liked a bit of adventure from time to time, it would have been nice. His quick change in direction caught her off guard and she light up right away. “Little.” Ally rolled her eyes and reached up to grab his hand so she could climb up with him.

Pouting her lips, Alassiel glanced once in the direction of the village and then back to the direction he’d pointed at. Putting her back to the village, she began weaving and climbing through the branches. “What color was it?” She had truly no idea as to what it might look like, so perhaps it was better if he lead her. “Can you keep up?” She glanced back at him, grinning from ear to ear.

(finals are over!! So i will be muh quicker on the replies so we can get this done quickly!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff