Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ashoka had waffled about what to do with her sigil - she very much liked the idea of a torc around her arm, but it was not entirely practical, for the same reason she didn't often wear any clothes. Her shifted, bipedal form was like to that of a slight human, whereas her natural form was that of great hunting cat the size of a small horse. Clothes didn't survive, and neither did jewelry that was too fitted. Finally, she settled on the inevitable and created a pendant, which could hang on a long thong around her neck.

At the moment, the necklace and her simple gold earrings were all she wore, stretched out by the lake in her four-legged form to enjoy the sunlight. A true catnap required a sunny spot, and so it had been quite a long time since the pardess had had a proper one. The serious business of being a Councillor didn't mean she couldn't laze about under the new sky for a few hours!

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
Forest was out as usual, walking among the trees and grasses of the Pantheon's Grounds. He was rarely indoors now that the sky was returned and sunlight and moonlight both graced the land. Walking with his head held high, the Councillor carried a peaceful air about him as he let his thoughts wander over recent events.

The pardess' form came into view as he meandered through the gardens and he shifted his steps towards her sleeping form. As he walked, the plant life shivered and grew a little, leaves straightening up, shoots arcing... He'd fallen into a habit of encouraging growth whenever he could, especially in green spaces.

When he stopped before the other Councillor, he toyed with the star that hung at his throat, a smile on his face. It seemed he wasn't the only one to opt for a simple necklace as well. "Good day Ashoka. Enjoying your nap?" Around him, the grass shivered around the god as he sank down to sit cross-legged, growth speeding up where his hands met the soil.
At the sound of a voice, Ashoka opened one eye to a narrow slit, revealing a blue iris as she rolled over to regard her fellow Councillor upside-down. Well, not that she rolled over specifically to look at him from that angle, as that would just be silly! No, she rolled over to stretch, extending all four legs into the air and arcing her back until she heard and felt a few satisfying little pops. Ahh, now that was better! With a pleased sigh, the great cat rolled back over onto her belly, shifting on the way into her incongruously petite humanoid form.

Now she could talk! Propping her elbows on the ground and her chin on her hands, she smiled brightly at Glyph. "I was," she answered, not sounding the least bit put out about being disturbed. "Waking up plants and pards, hm?"

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
He smiled when she rolled over and stretched, wondering if it felt as good as it looked. Then the petite woman was lying in the grass and he gave a nod of greeting. Her question made him look at the grass and he laughed, digging his fingers into the soft soil with a fond expression, "So it seems. You've picked a peaceful spot friend. Finding the symbol as useful as I have?" He gestured to the emblem about his throat, a wry smiled playing across his lips, "It's nice being able to travel as I choose and still be available for people here."

He stretched his legs out then and stuck his feet in the ground, flexing his toes to feel the dirt, "So how are you?"
"Not really," she admitted with a chuckle, "But I am not a god with followers to tend - nowhere I go is very far. It is good for going to the market, though! Don't have to carry things back as far."

"I am fine. Zhiji is annoyed, and it is fun to watch." The spotted pard grinned broadly. Poor dragon didn't know what to do with himself, all sad and servant-less...but he wouldn't be for long, so she didn't feel bad. "Have you been wandering far, then?"

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
He laughed a nodded, "Fair. I haven't been to the market yet, actually. My aoide have provided me with food when I am here otherwise I've taken my meals from the woods in which I travel. Things are growing well, though with no true seasons, it's a strange blend of lifestages."

"Annoyed?" He frowned and shook his head, "Were you his only servant? Ah! Yes, and no. I can wander farther now that the return trip is swifter but I've remained in the lands surrounding the Pantheon for the most part, tending the woods and the groves, assisting the people I've come across. They're finally beginning to rebuild and recover, it's encouraging."
"Yes. He likes to forget that I'm only his because I want to be, but he is a dragon." Ashoka grinned, as though that explained everything. It was only natural for Zhijian to be all mine mine mine, especially considering how little he had compared to what he must have once.

"It's good everyone's moving on, mostly," she mused, kicking her legs idly. "Before long, they'll forget just how bad it was. Once things are memories, they never seem quite as bad."

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
Glyph grinned in kind at her statement and nodded with a soft laugh, "Indeed. They are an interesting group, the Dragon Kings." He looked thoughtful as his thoughts turned towards Xun, the one king he knew more just in passing. It had been some time since he had spoken to Lifewater... hoped he was doing well.

"Good and bad... If people forget and turn the memories into legend, they'll be all the more vulnerable to the Grigori." Glyph frowned, "I just wish we knew where they were lurking... what they're planning. I'd rather not walk into a trap... or anyone else, for that matter. We've lost Universe and the rest of us are still too young to muster then kind of force we once could." He puffed out his cheeks and fell back into the grass, staring up at the sky, "Sometimes I feel like a child with a bully lurking just beyond the bend."

His ears flicked and tilted, facing Ashoka as he turned his face to look at her, "You're a seer, yes? What kinds of visions do you have?"
"Pieces, flashes, dreams, words, feelings, little movies of lives, anything really. They happen how they happen." The pardess kicked her legs, adjusting her view to regard Glyph now that he'd moved. "Everyone gives off little things - bits of themselves, bits of the people they know, string to string to follow. You have lots of strings, Shepherd."

"Grigori are harder, hard to know. Different. I try, but..." She shook her head and made a face of frustration. "It's hard to explain. Maybe someone with strings to follow to them, someone touched, but not Him. He is always cloudy, too. But maybe they don't even have strings, maybe they ate those away, too."

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
He listened intently and nodded, "What about looking for voids, holes in those threads...? Places where your sight cannot reach, or those strings are cut off?" Glyph wasn't sure how any of that worked but it seemed a potential option. "If we need someone touched by the Grigori directly... we'd need someone from their attack. Do you know who was wounded?"

"Can you see objects' strings? If I gave you Mal's journal, for example, you could See his life?"
"Looking for holes would find nothing but holes. What does it matter to find a hole, if you cannot dig into it? All you know is there is a hole. I have not seen holes before, or cut strings. I do not know if they happen." Ashoka flicked her ears and tail in busy evidence of thought. "Someone was. I don't know who, but they should not be hard to find, if they haven't left the Pantheon."

"If you gave me Mal's journal, I could read it and see his life that way." The pard chuckled. "Objects keep little pieces, sometimes, but usually not as well as people."

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
"But a hole would give an indication of the circumstances and from there lead into further investigation, wouldn't it?" He offered up the conjecture with a smile, "Maybe if you found the person with the wound - a trail is a trail, after all. If nothing comes of it at least it was explored."

Her confirmation that objects held memory gave him heart and he nodded, "That is good, very good. Yours will be a vital hand, I think. What else are you able to do?"
"What else?" Ashoka giggled in amusement. "That is all. I am a Prophet, not Mage or Healer, nor am I what my people call a Seer. It is rare indeed for someone to carry two magics, and I do not, though I know some who possess the others."

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
Glyph made a face at her, sticking his tongue out when she laughed though he too laughed, "Duly noted madame, duly noted. Malh'reth was a Conjurer, an artist, so I understand." His tones were fond as he spoke of his host, holding one hand up to review the long, graceful fingers.

"Have you seen any interesting visions as of late? Have the mortals asked you to prophecize their futures for them?" He imagined such a talent would be much valued by people who had survived near-annihilation. A means to see the future would likely soothe many worries.
"I try to avoid it. Always the same questions: how long will I live, how will I die, can I avoid it, on and on and on." Ashoka frowned deeply. "They want certainties, maps of how their life will be, but it doesn't work that way. There are very few certainties, mostly there are only possibilities, even if some are very strong. And I don't like to See so many people, besides. They give me headaches, find their way into my sleeping."

"Interesting. I guess they'd all be interesting, to you, but it's just living and dying, most of the time."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff