Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Nymph

10,625 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
USE YOUR IMAGINATIOOOOON

This is an entry for a Soquili Basket Contest.

I'm going to be trying something different and inputting a faux RP instead of a solo piece. I'm doing this because I feel that I work better with others and it will give you a real insight into how he/she will be truly interact with others and be portrayed in role plays to come.

Assisting me in my entry is Moxxiie and her beloved Shania. Shania is in fact this baskets older sister and this will be the first time that they meet. All the predictions I have on what the foal will look like will be vague and obviously not permanent. They will be strictly for the sake of this role play.

User Image
User Image

Natelie's Waifu

Questionable Explorer

The cold brisk air bit at her face like tiny sharp pine needles as she lazily flew over a snow-covered field. Shania enjoyed the winter, but her little kitten Fancy did not. The snow was too wet for the little feline. However, Carson, Shania's raccoon familiar loved the snow. It was probably his favorite thing about winter.
Fancy would usually flutter about above the ground when there was snow and Carson, being the little trickster he was, would always throw balls of snow at her. This would then initiate a chase between the two, where Shania would have to intervene.
Today, Carson had taken it a bit too far and had shoved little Fancy into a pile of snow. She was furious as she pulled her snow covered, shivering body out of the cold wet fluff. She shook off once and then took off after the black and white bandit, giving no heed to Shania's calls of caution.

Shania shook her head at the two. She had hoped they could be great friends, but sometimes, they just seemed they would never get along.

She set off after them, taking flight to get a better view. She could see tiny footprints in the snow left behind by the two quarreling critters. She lost the trail a couple times, but picked it up again easily, until she stumbled upon some prints that didn't belong to the two. These prints were bigger and more hoof shaped. Was there another Soquili in the area? She decided to land and investigate.

The sparse landscape was ridden with mostly bare trees and snow, but there were still a few small evergreens littering the ground. The green trees made finding her friends a little more difficult, but hopefully she would be able to find them without problem.

Divine Nymph

10,625 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
It was a gentle winter this year, perfectly suitable for a foal's first experience with seasons. The fresh powder blanketed the lands like a veil of beauty, making everything unfamiliar to one so new to the world. So different that it made young Koumori feel estranged and lost in the winter wonderland. Getting used to these inconsistencies called weather was going to be hard at first but hopefully with time he would learn to accept them for what they were.

In the vacant field of snow stood a peculiar little foal, in awe at the way light reflected off the ground and glistened like glitter. For a moment he got the urge to glance back and questioned his judgement of distance. How far could he travel without one of his family members realizing that he had disappeared from their home? That's when he noticed the imprints in the foreign substance that smothered the ground. Tracks! If his parents so wished to find him then they wouldn't have a problem in just following his foal sized hoof prints.

With his mind now cleared of such concerns as getting lost he began to frolic and cavort through the open lands, twisting his prints in loops and zig zags. Certainly, the one to come across them would have a grand old time in lingering around tree trunks and darting in and out of twigs that used to be bushes. Koumori was dazed for a moment after he skidded to a stop, eying something he hadn't quite seen before.

There, hanging off a low branch were crystal like strands dripping with what appeared to be water. Being so young he didn't understand the concept of snow or how it was in fact liquid in frozen form. He neared the icicles with caution, sniffing at it a few times before nudging it with his bare muzzle. The ice chipped and fell to the ground, sending Koumori into a frenzied fit of playful panic before he jumped back and darted about before facing the icicles again and lowering his chest to the ground while his rump remained in the air, tail flickering about with excitement. What were these strange things?

Natelie's Waifu

Questionable Explorer

Shania followed the prints and wondered why they seemed to travel in such bizarre directions. It seemed almost as if the maker of these prints were either lost or playing some sort of game. She followed them a few yards and then came upon some rustling ahead, and possibly the culprit of those odd prints. There was a foal, who seemed to be playing in the snow. "How sweet," she thought. "A young one out enjoying the beautiful winter weather." She watched the foal for a few seconds and decided to go over.

As she approached, she closed her wings tightly to her body to avoid frightening the little one with the size of her vast wings. She cleared her throat, to announce herself. "Hello there little one. You seem to be having fun with those icicles."

Divine Nymph

10,625 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
The youthful colt was completely oblivious to his company for his attention was kept captive by such bizarre objects. So, naturally, when an unfamiliar voice chimed in like a warm summer breeze it alarmed the young one, sending him into another fitted frenzy. He circled around a little more dramatic than necessary, kicking up snow from his energetic hooves before freezing at the sight of a large mare with wings like his mother's. She was beautiful to say the very least and in some aspects, familiar too. Koumori couldn't quite put his hoof on it though.

There was a silence in the air as the colt pondered on which greeting to use. Should he be friendly and welcoming of the stranger, or depict his more intimidating tough side? The urge to appear superior was tempting but his mother always encouraged kindness. Well, mother wasn't around, was she?

The petite sized boy puffed out his chest and gave a strong expression of seriousness before deepening his pre puberty voice. "Hello there," he gave a cocky little snicker at the feeling of boldness. On a regular basis he would use titles such as miss and ma'am but without the watchful eyes of mother he so sneakily left them out. Oh, it felt so good to be bad.

What caused him to lose his hold on such joys was the strange syllables that left her mouth at the end of her question. What were these icicles she spoke of? Perhaps the drippy things on the branch, maybe? His eyes darted back to the alien like crystals before returning his less 'intimating' expression to the mare. "Icicles, you say? What are they for exactly? Looks like the tree has a cold..." he wrinkled his nose as he initiated conversation with the strange.

Natelie's Waifu

Questionable Explorer

She chuckled at the innocence the child still held. His little displays of excitement made her smile, and reminded her of her brother when they were foals. She missed him sometimes, and hoped he was well. Perhaps one day she could see him again. Her thoughts drifted for only a moment and came back to the present.

Had this little foal not learned what icicles were? Now this was a treat. She could perhaps teach him how they formed. "Yes, icicles. They're made when water drips from the branch and refreezes as it hits the really cold air." she said in answer to his question. "It does appear that way," she chuckled in light of the little foals jest. "Icicles are sometimes good to eat, especially when you find them on a berry bush. There could be frozen berries inside, giving you a sweet treat."

She took a moment to look the foal over. He held a familiar appearance to her own, and reminded her of both her mother and brother, but it seemed that could only be coincidence. She had no idea where her mother lived, but she was almost certain that it couldn't be so close. The foal before her must just be nature's way of reminding her of her family, whether it intentional or not.

"So little one, what are you doing out here in the snow all alone? Is your family or herd nearby?" she asked, a little concerned for the foal being by itself.

Divine Nymph

10,625 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
Koumori gazed at the mystical ice that hung so delicately from the bare branch. "Water? Solid water?" he questioned as if in disbelief. Oh, what wondrous magic this world held. Perhaps that was why the young foal felt so stiff when he woke up recently. Coldness equals solidification. He was pondering of such an intriguing concept, but his train of thought was disrupted by her talk of family. Oh dear, was she some sort of spy that mother had sent? He hopped back at this ingenious discovery and gave the lady a stink eye.

"Are you here to spy on me, miss?" he asked such a bold question, expecting that she could not tell a lie. He wasn't very familiar with such things as deception. His eats folded back, flattening against his skull as his energy seemed to dissipate and vanish. "Oh, I should have known better. How could I not see it before? You're here to spy on me and tell mother I've been bad, aren't you?" He took a few distrusting shuffles back, smearing white powder as he withdrew. "Or was it daddy's idea? Maybe them both? Oh, I can see it now. Daddy will be so disappointed. He'll tell mommy, 'Oh Akari. Where did we go wrong?' and then mother will give me that look she gives. Oh that look!" he pined with distress and began to pace back and forth with his little feet scampering as he panicked.

Natelie's Waifu

Questionable Explorer

"Oh dear," she thought, "I've upset him."

"No, no no," she said quickly, trying to calm the foal. "I wasn't sent by anyone. I was merely looking for my two little companions when I came upon you." She stepped back to give him some space.

At the mention of the name Akari, Shania froze. He had just spoken her mother's name as his own. "I promise you, I'm not a spy." she said calmly, opening her lower wings towards him. "Now, please, just calm down. I'm sure your mother won't be hard on you. What have you even done wrong?" she asked, not sure of what could have upset him so much.

She paused for a second, hoping to let him calm down a bit. She pondered on what he had said. "You said the name Akari. Is that your mother?" she asked, very curious now.

Divine Nymph

10,625 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
The blur of Koumori's scrawny legs came into focus again as he slowed. The four winged mare charmed him with her honey like voice, bringing his panic to a mere anxious stare at her tender outstretched wings. He most certainly wasn't going towards her, though. Oh no, sir-ee! He may have been bold but he still head the common sense to stay cautious of those he wasn't familiar with. He was about to set loose a bombing of questions on the dull rainbow colored female before she asked about his mother.

The foal gave a sharp tilt of his head, eyebrow raised with lack of understanding. What importance did his mother have to this mare. Clearly there was a spark in her eyes that signified she knew of Akari but Koumori couldn't quite grasp how that was. "Yes, that is my mother's name. Why do you ask?" He crept closer, skidding his hooves along the winter snow. His countenance twisted in to a mixture of hesitance and curiosity. How did this mare know of his mother and what terms did they leave off on. Either young Koumori was in good hands or in grave danger at the moment, though his judgement was leaning more towards his first guess.

Natelie's Waifu

Questionable Explorer

Shania was confused, but the more she looked at the little foal, the more she realized what the foal had just told her. Fate had seen to it that she had stumbled upon her own younger sibling in the middle of a field in winter. How bizarre it was. They shared similar colorings and their mothers' names were the same. It could be only coincidental that they were the same, but more than likely, this little foal was her brother.

She stared at the foal, and smiled. "I only ask, because Akari is my mother's name as well."

-FIN-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces