Welcome to Gaia! ::

Irish Night Fox's Secret Admirer

User Image

Caffeinecraving

User Image

Marc watched the clock carefully. It was a half hour after most the guests had arrived. He understood fashionably late... but there were girls hanging off him and if she didn't get here soon he would be forced to dance with at least one of them... and then knowing his father as he did... he would wind up engaged to one of them... And none of them were appealing to him... Not when he was finally free and had his own girlfriend.

With a last sigh he stood up. His kilt hung just above his knees with one strap going over his right shoulder. and his socks came to just under his knees. His hair was neat and tidy. All in all he looked like a dashing young Scottish lord. With one last look around he held out his hand to a girl who was about 6... that would give him time to weasel out of a marriage if his father got any ideas.

With that he lead her onto the dance floor. He held her as far away from himself as he could with out looking like he would rather waltz with a lion. He could feel his father watching as the music started up.

-Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation.
-Decaffeinated coffee is the devil's blend.

Devoted Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Anya felt like she was going to be sick. She'd been so excited but tonight was the ball and her father was not in the best of moods. They were late, thankfully it wasn't her fault but it didn't matter. She got to hear all about it as they drove to the Adair property. She'd stared at her beautifully tailored dress, the cream fabric seemed to shimmer brown and gold with her accessories a smattering of silver and red.

When father had seen the necklace Marc had given her he'd allowed her to wear it instead of the one he'd picked out for her. But she still felt like a doll. When the car stopped her father paused to allow her to smooth out her dress and take his arm. The two seemed to glide into the hall. Her eyes traveled over the group and her stomach sank. Good thing she'd drank that draught before leaving the hotel.

She spotted Marc and went to remove herself from her father's arm when he guided her over to meet the Duke. As her father made the introductions she lowered her eyes and curtsied politely but let her father speak for her.

User Image

Caffeinecraving

Marc bowed over the girls hand and then lead her back to her seat. One painful song down... how many more? His eyes glided around the room a vision in cream Was standing next to a man talking to his father. He cringed but then realized the vision was his girlfriend. "Anya..." He smiled and excused himself from the gaggle of girls.

He walked over to hear his father welcome her to their house. With a hidden smirk he knew the servants probably already had them unpacked in one of the major guest suites... Marc knew his dad would put his lawyer in a great suit...since perhaps at some time he would get a discount on legal services.

With careful dignity he walked over gently brushing her arm as he walked past to stand near his father. He smiled at Anya. "Miss Cummings, could i have the honor of this dance?" He deliberately ignored his father's proud look.

Devoted Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Anya flinched startled at the sudden touch but managed to keep a pleasant look on her face which lit up at the sight of Marc in his finery. Anya glanced at her father in question, hoping he'd let her go. With a nod he released her hand, she turned to Marc and curtsied again. " I humbly accept, Marcellus." She gave the Duke another curtsy. " Please excuse me, Lord Adair."

Smiling at Marc she waited for him to lead her onto the dance floor. Her father watched with a scrutinizing glare making sure that if she stepped out of line once she would surely hear about once the evening was over. She nodded respectfully to her father before walking off with Marc.

User Image

Caffeinecraving

Marc took her hand and nodded to her father. Marc heard when his father looked away. Because he went back to talking with her dad. "So, Mah hen...welcome to my home." He grinned and lead her straight onto the floor and pulled her into his arms. It was possible he pulled her closer then what was normal but he liked the feel of her in his arms.

When the music started he carefully but with knowledge of what he was doing, lead her in the waltz. He glanced down past her eyes to the dress she was wearing. "I see your dad did his research... You look lovely though..."

With a carefully executed move he twirled her around.

Devoted Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Anya smiled as he lead her to the dance floor. She managed to blush slightly as he pulled her against him. "It's beautiful Marc. I'm thrilled to be here. Sorry we were so late."

She looked at the floor at his compliment. "He wanted to do more but swing as most here aren't part of the other side he just used a subtle bit of magic. I just feel like a show bird." She sighed softly but it ended in a giggle as he spun her. She had to concentrate so she didn't bump into anyone else.

User Image

Caffeinecraving

Marc smiled as they danced the waltz around the room. "Its probably a good thing he didn't go over board." Marc spun her again. "My father seriously dislikes all things magical." He grinned and brought her back to him.

HE smiled. "My mother will surely appreciate that comment... she did it all. She had the vision and put it to life." With a quick move he pulled her directly into him. He pressed a kiss to her cheek. "You are lovely enough to be a show bird... however with much less feathers..."

Devoted Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Anya smiled and enjoyed the dance. She was starting to get dizzy and was happy when he pulled her against him. " My father is whiz at finding that balance. And I now understand where your talent for art came from. I'm envious at her style." She blushed at the kiss aware suddenly that every eye in the room was on them, including her father's.

She couldn't help but stare at his shoulder as she tried to compose herself. " Less feathers is good, not sure I'd look good with them." She looked up and smiled at him. " Do they always stare at you? And is it going to be like this all evening?" She was a bi worried but if it was going to be like this all night she'd get over it, and who knows maybe forget the eyes on her.

Swayed her for the rest of the song. "I can tell... Adair didn't notice... or if he did he is learning not to care." He flushed a little. "Thanks...yes my mother is the creative side...I bet thats hard to believe now that you met my father" Sarcasm was laced into his tone.

Marc smirked. "I can think of ways were feathers could be good... Like in show lines and stuff." He grinned and heard the song stop. He stepped away from her and bent at the waist in a formal bow. "Perhaps we could dance again?" The band picked up the tempo. They were entering into a reel.

He glanced around. "Pretty much... all the girls here are being pushed by their parents to try to get a title in the family... I told you ill be a duke one day right..." He raised an eyebrow. "Its one of those things i kinda forget to tell people..."

Devoted Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Anya curtsied as Marc bowed. " I'd love another dance Marcellus." She steps back into his arms as the music starts. " I will never be in a show line, so no feathers works for me. And I feel a tad sorry for those girls but not much. I know what to expect if I have to use the little girl's room." She didn't care to expand on that one and got quiet just enjoying the dance for a moment.

" So how late does the dancing go on? And what's next on the agenda? Father didn't tell me much" Now it was her turn to talk about her father sarcastically. Thinking about her father caused her to look up and saw him and the Duke with heads together talking before he looked at her and nodded just once. Now she was confused.

User Image

Caffeinecraving

Marc went through the complicated steps mindlessly. Marc grinned though. "Never say never, mah hen. God will get you..." He grinned and then gave her a curious look at her bathroom comment. Maybe it had to do with those special girly things his mom had told him about.

"Dancing goes till the wee hours of the morning but i think we should ditch the party after this. " He sighed "My dads gonna make a toast some time soon... but i don't know... I think that this party is a little... crowded."

Devoted Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Anya giggled softly trying to avoid the stares. " True, so here's to I hope I'm not to wear feathers... Unless they're wings. That would be kind of cool." At the thought of dancing all night she winced but when he mentioned ditching she frowned and looked worried." I don't think I can ditch. I'll have to speak to Father..."

She wanted to ditch but she was terrified of her father and the thought of what he'd do to her if she ruined his image made her shiver slightly. " Perhaps if we make it seem like their idea?" She tilted her head towards their fathers who were still in talks. "Maybe wait til after the toast?"

User Image

Caffeinecraving

Marc smiled. "You could pull off feathers..." He smiled thinking that she could pretty much pull off a burlap sac if she wanted to. He grinned. "I could see you in wings... Angel wings..." He twirled her out away from his person as the music ended and then brought her back to his side. He frowned when she said she would have to ask permission. "Better to ask forgiveness then permission, Mah hen."

He gave in though. "Fine... we can wait till after the toast. Would you like to go get some punch, so we can be ready?" He smiled not waiting for her answer as he walked toward the punch bowl. "My dad already thinks this was his idea... He wouldn't be hosting this party unless he thought it was his idea."

Marc really just wanted to get away from the party. He really didn't like the stares and the longing sighs of girls as he danced by them... He always felt on display like he was the fattened up turkey and they were all starving.

Devoted Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Anya smiled and followed Marc clasping her hands together in front of her. " Thanks, with my Father's it's better to ask then deal with the consequences, since he doesn't know how to forgive." She smiled and graciously took a cup of punch. " Though Father seems to be alright with me being with you so maybe he won't mind." She paused to think on that for a moment.

"Alright you and I will make our escape after the toast. I must admit I'm very curious about what he'll say. First time here and all." She blushed knowing she must sound awfully silly but she couldn't help it, she wanted to experience the whole vacation, even the boring and slightly public moments.

User Image

Caffeinecraving

Marc looked at her worried for a moment. "He doesn't beat you or anything like that... does he?" Marc would tell his mother, she would tell his father and his father would call child services... it would be that simple... she would no longer have to deal with her father. Marc simply shrugged at her next statement... "Yeah...my father is just happy to see im interested in a girl and not a book..."

Marc frowned. "Its not going to be anything good... Some thing along the lines of thanks for coming and what lovely daughters you all have and blah blah blah... enjoy the party..." Marc smiled then. "But if you want to stay then we will stay.."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff