Welcome to Gaia! ::

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
The name given to the mortal struck a chord deep within Jin Huang's memory, especially given Creation's assertion that they were no strangers. But whatever association they had had in the past remained beyond thed ragon's recall.

"My brother speaks for my tastes as well," he commented with a smile; slightly stiff around the edges, but genuine for all that. "My Lord," Jin Huang said as Aris poured the drinks, "I have come to return something to you, and ask a favor." And apologize was unspoken, but the flicker of guilt and worry in Futs Lung's eyes flared slightly as he drank in the sight and prescence of Creation.
User Image

The drink was mixed and set before each of them, and the mortal sat quietly beside Creation.

"'Tell me, noble dragons, how you survive and pass your titles ? What keys do you bring of knowing what goes beyond the walls of toil? "

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Yu took the glass Aris set before him and drank deeply; the heavy taste of the wine across his palate softened by the water that had been mixed in. He cocked his head at Jin Huang's words - a favor? Not exactly surprising to Xia Lu Ling; many of the beings that came for an audience with Creation had requests or favors. Silence had asked for two things, but had also been asked something in return. Yu's fur rippled a bit as his quick-silver mind skittered back over that encounter and several others he could recall.

Yes, there was much asked of their Lord now. And His nature was to give, inasmuch as He could.

"I have spent much of my time among the mortals as well as hosts and other gods. Many do not understand or know what happened." He paused and looked from each of the men present before continuing. Even to his own ears, the words sounded frail and without back-bone to help hold them up. Yu had been making every effort he could to bring the Dragon Kings together and to help the mortals; nurturing the belief that had been borne within many of their hearts so that the small flames might be fanned into a roaring fire spreading across the lands.

"Small things, but I have hope that they will have a good effect." And yet, he felt as though his efforts were insignificant compared to what needed to be done.

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Jin Huang sipped at his drink while his brother spoke, fingers lightly grasping the glass while he paid polite attention. It was important to fan the fires of mortal belief, and the sharp p***k of his consciene forced him to admit to himself that perhaps he had not done as much of that as he could have. Oh, he could rationalize it away - he was rather busy, and there had been other things to deal with - but that was no excuse. There were mortals who still lingered around his house - former follower's of Delmin who hadn't left. He could start with them, perhaps. A fitting legacy for the man who had given his life that Futs Lung would live again.

It was with a slight start that he realized Yu had finished talking for the moment. A slight flush spread across his face as he toyed with the glass for a moment longer. "Small things are how larger ones are built," he murmured softly, mostly to Yu. "I myself have been involved with some few mortals," and that was a term that encompassed far too little, truly; the demons were not mortal, and yet they could be counted among those who held faith, "Those my host once counted friend, retrieved from their world before the death of Universe." They had distanced themselves somewhat after Delmin's not-quite death, and yet they still remained under his care.
User Image

"'A man who has first found he is strong again after long infirmity and his bed will find it better to take careful steps instead of raising and running towards sight of first sunrise from his dais. "

"It is not always so different for gods or dragons. Be not ashamed of small steps or 'matters of little import'. It is as you say. Walls are made of bricks, wings of individual feathers. A hoard of single coins and jewels."

"The gallantry and games of our kind once moved in both grand sweeps and subtle ploys whose intricacies took generations to play out. The day will come again, I think, should those like to Phaedra ...with taste for intrigue, find their footing with the coming of new dawns."

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Yu's tail twitched in pleasure at Creation's words; that he had been correct in doing small things didn't matter, but that He felt it right meant everything.

"I believe you are right. Already the groundwork of such games are being laid amongst the mortal survivors." He shook his head a bit and drained his cup, offering it out for a refill before continuing. "In the interest of mortal or God, it matters not. Anything begun now will have great impact, though for now it seems leaning toward the good of All, towards rebirth and rebuilding." As it should have been, as it needed to be.

Granted, it would be a good while before such delicate, intricate strings were so perfectly tuned as they had been in ages past...but hey, they were making progress; taking strides and all that fun stuff. The darkly furred Dragon King turned his head towards his brother - Jin Huang's discomfort was fairly obvious to him though he would never have exposed any such thing (maybe a little good-natured ribbing, once they were away from Creation would be alright?)

((My apologies on the long delay, RL has been kicking my a**. ._.))

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
A small smile creased Jin Huang's face at the mention of Phaedra; he had not seen that particular goddess since his rebirth, and it was likely overdue for him to reintroduce himself. No doubt his delay in doing so would earn him some stinging reprimand, but that was a small matter. "I think those of like inclination work slowly, building their own circles of followers. It is of benefit to All, however, as my brother says. A stronger foundation to withstand the coming storms."
User Image

Their nerves must have had the better of them, his sons so new returned, that their words were little else but echoes of his own. Confirmations of agreement, silence following.
"'Well then, the straw and mud of the future aside, what favor came you to request? "

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Round and round, always. None of the Gods - the Dragon Kings included - had any idea what to do. At least, none that were around or readily available. Gainfar might have known better, but the grey-winged dove that scented of dust and parchment had disappeared. Creation, of course, which was likely why everyone that sought His audience ended up repeating what words the Twin Crown spoke.

No doubt they too felt ineffectual and sheepish doing so. Yu certainly did. His lack of knowing anything was an annoyance - ignorance frustrated and chafed. But this was not about him, no - this was for his Brother, Futs Lung. It was Jin Huang had sought out Creation and been brought to His pale feet, not Xia Lu Ling. Indeed, he spent much of his time with his great shaggy head under Creation's firm palm, holding up the Eldest as he wished for walk and talk.

Ah, but that did remind him of something he'd meant to ask before Jin had arrived. "I had wondered if you knew where Gianfar hid. I had pressed him to aid me in attempting the Old Language, as well as giving me information on the Grigori...but he seems to have disappeared. Neither Silence nor Dream know where the old grey bird flew off too. They seem to think the Library ate him." Yu snorted a bit but cocked his head towards Jin, wondering if perhaps hearing his own request might free his Brother's frozen tongue.

Granted, Yu was not certain he absolutely needed Gianfar; perhaps there were others that knew what he wanted to know - in part or in whole. Beings other than Creation, who surely was busy with things other than aiding an overgrown puppy with his Letters, or with old stories and information. "Or another, would be just as well. Gianfar weighs his words carefully and tells only what he wishes to tell. Yourself knows best, but I would not take your time in this when there are much more pressing things to attend."

Words spoken, Yu settled, ears flicking back and forth to pick up the slightest sound - the rustle of fabric as Jin Huang moved, the softest sliding sound of Creation's hair against flesh as His head turned. Now, perhaps his Brother would cease being so reserved - or had he always been so? Yu couldn't recall any more than he could remember when Gianfar had been sentenced for his crimes against Creation before the Fading.

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
It was entirely possible that at some point Futs Lung had been less reserved, less formal. Possible, and yet given how quickly Jin Huang had fallen into reticence, it seemed less and less likely that he had ever been otherwise. Except, perhaps, around his fellow Kings.

They were all born anew, however, which made Jin Huang somewhat defensive; this especially considering his previous failure. So he was still feeling out his Brothers, learning and remembering their behaviors and the network of relations that kept them bound tighter than mere duty would ever have.

That was an ongoing thing, and not why he had come seeking the Crown. Shifting from foot to foot slightly, tail held still from long habit, Jin Huang was prepared to speak and ask his favor, except that Xia Lu Ling spoke first. There was no irritation, no annoyance, at the question asked. It would be very difficult to be seriously annoyed by anything the other Kings did; minor annoyance was another thing entirely, as Zhijian's habit of pouncing had proved.

Once Xia Lu Ling had stopped speaking, his words eminently sensible, his brother let a small, wry, grin flicker across his face. "I fear my request is nothing so noble. It is simply that, well," he lifted one shoulder in a half shrug, "I would like to arrange for quarters within the halls of the Pantheon for myself, and those of my retainers who wish to reside here."
User Image

"Gianfar, I have no doubts, will keep his promises of aid. Unfortunately you did not reckon that it will be on his own time schedule, and the awareness of time-"

"You mean lack thereof, Harmodius, "

"Truly said. Offhand, I should say he has either secreted himself away someplace with some tomes of import for just such purpose of puzzling them out for your efforts and for teaching, or I would say he has remembered the location of some significant tome to item to that same aim and went off to retrieve it. To him, great or small, we are all just students and so doomed to wait on his lectures in due time. "

"As for accommodations, those are easily found. The dragon door, crossed and braided with knot work of many precious metals will lead to a space that you may twist to your needs and those of your household.

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Yu shook his head in a manner very much like a dog and snorted; ah, Gianfar...that he would treat any and all as students, force them to bow to his unrepentant carelessness with time might have made the Dragon King a few steps past annoyed, but it was so damned funny - and true.

"Plausible, considering Gianfar." He snorted again closed his eyes while skinning back his muzzle in a grimace-like show of mirth; beastial muzzles were not meant for smiles but thankfully present company would feel no fear or trepidation at such an expression. Creation knew it well and the mortal at his side, though not long in his place would have been near Xia Lu Ling long enough by then to know nary a fang or claw would harm. As for Jin...well, those teeth had tried to eat his host, once, but no more. In present company, Yu was relatively harmelss: a giant puppy that Harmodius could sprawl across at will. "Perhaps I should clip his wings when he returns...or chain him to his companions." Rumbled words half in jest; Gianfar vexed him greatly but he also liked the dirty old bird.

Even if he had invited Fragment to shove parts of their body into the Void wall. Hmph.

Jin made his request while he sprawled, tail thumping dully against the floor; bright blue eyes slitting open to watch the mortal thoughtfully. Every so often, the darker nature of his host still surged forward and urged him to rend tender mortal flesh - he'd learned to take the good with the bad, when it came to what Fragment had left to him. Not having as much Dragon as Beast had made things that much harder, had left more Beast than he would have wished - at least initially. Ah, but even so...he shouldn't be thinking that Aris looked and smelled like a delicious snack. A snack that would bring the wrath of Creation down on him and He only knew what else. No thanks, if the urge to devour a mortal got too strong, there were others...like that technicolor b***h his siblings and their tiny retinue had brought to meet Creation before. She deserved to be eaten!

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Jin Huang remained silent, though still attentive, as Harmodius and Xia Lu Ling spoke with amused tolerance and fondness of Gianfar; the Treasurer was not acquainted with the God of Knowledge, though he was developing a mental picture of the Library's keeper thanks to the way his Lord and brother spoke of him.

There was a bit of a spinal reflex reaction when Xia grinned, a slight shying away from the other Dragon. Delmin's body still remembered when those fangs had been bared at him in a much less friendly faashion, though Jin Huang quickly stamped on the reaction. There was nothing to fear from those teeth and claws anymore. Indeed, there was much to admire about them, as it made Xia impressively suited to his traditional duty of guarding the Crown.

"Thank you my Lord," he said in somewhat startled reply to Harmodius' instructions on where he would be able to find his new rooms. Creation certainly was able to work fast, although that shouldn't have come as a surprise. He shifted his feet slightly, curious as to how the shaping of the rooms would work and eager to get started on the project. He would have to bring some few of his servants back to the Pantheon to plan a design and layout, else there would be no end of subtle guilt for not allowing them to aid him in what they considered mundane tasks.
User Image

"You simply will something from a clear picture and intent in your mind, Jin Huang, and it will become in the wildspace that is beyond the door." He spoke to the explanation of workings of the magic of the rooms he made.

Aris' expression sallowed, turning thoughtful, but he said nothing.

"Were there any other simple requests, or shall we leave it to wine and good company then?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff