Welcome to Gaia! ::

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
((Please do not post unless asked to do so. Thank you.))

He had seen and spoken to Zhijian, the last time he had been here. But Jin Huang had retreated to his home after that meeting, not even making it into the Pantheon proper, and had not ventured forth since. Tian Yue had found him there, reminding him firmly but gently of where his duty lay. So he had come again to the Pantheon, not firm in his resolve and his self; he remained full of doubt and worry. But he had come anyway, the only thing he was sure of that to delay any further his return would only...what? He had no idea how Creation would react to him, but the memory of Destruction lived on, and the dragon was glad that it was not Him that he would find within or without.

There was no guarentee that he would find his Lord within the Pantheon, or even on the grounds at all, of course. There was hope that he would, of course, and Jin Huang intuitively felt that He would always strive to answer a call from his Kings. Even one as conspiculously absent as he had been. Maybe even especially so, in that case. One among many things that might be talked about, between them, and with a wrench, Jin Huang drove his thoughts to something more pleasant. He had been carrying the key to the Treasury that Cosine had given to him, and now it was time to return it to it's proper owner.

Unless, of course, that was him. A brief frown of confusion crossed his face as he entered the soaring and open halls of the Pantheon, standing for a moment to soak it all in. It was much changed from the last time he had been within its walls, changed and made more inviting. The twin sets of stairs had gone, leaving behind only one. The dragon knew that if he ascended, he would find welcome among some few of the residents. But it was what else that might be up there that called his attention most. He had been told that Harmodious lived there, and more. One of the other central facts of his existence was there as well.

But he hesitated at the foot of that staircase, wondering who he would meet if he went up. So Jin Huang stood, stood and waited...hoping and dreading that someone would come down to meet him.

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It was just Jin Huang's luck that his return to what had once been the ornate Pantheon building (but was now a much more open space) would carry with it the meeting of an old friend.

Tucked into his dwelling, the Dragon King Yu Five Claws felt a familiar sort of internal tug; one that he might not have recognized, save that he'd spent time with Zhijian and as such he knew that pull for what it was: A Brother. Swiftly and with no unnecessary expenditure of energy the beast-god rose from his lair; down the hall past doors with sigils familiar and unfamiliar, further and further, down to the staircase.

Down to Jin Huang.

Words of greeting rose and fell from Xia Lu Ling's muzzle - age old kinship and their shared rebirth causing two sets of bright blue eyes to squeeze shut in a very animalian gesture of happiness and pleasure even as he extended one thickly furred limb out in what would be a hand-shake, hand-clasping or even a brotherly hug - it depended upon the Treasurer.

"Are you hunting Treasure, my Brother? Or have you come to See?" See their Lord and Master, see the changes wrought...see the Mortal and see too the mortals. His words could have meant any of those or all of them.

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
It was an instinctive reaction that made Jin Huang take a cautious step backwards. Changed though they both were, Delmin's body recognized the form now padding towards it, ignoring the words of welcome. But Delmin was not there, and a Dragon King held control instead. So a step forward was made once more, reaching his hand out to meet the offered one. "Hunting treasure? Better by far to have it brought to me," he replied with a lazy grin that disappeared as quickly as it had come.

"I have come...Because I must. We are Dragon Kings, and I have been too long from our Lord's side." Worry now creased his face, something he would never have shown to any not his siblings. But it was so easy now, to recognize the power that coiled deep within them all. "How have things fared?"

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Jin Huang's initial reaction of retreat amused the sliver of Fragment yet floating inside the Dragon King but it did not amuse Yu so well. He realized that an apology was likely in order - his Brother deserved that, at least. A firm hand-clasp and the King's muzzle pulled back in a welcoming 'smile' (a grimace, really). "This is true enough, Brother."

A good question from the Treasurer; how to answer? "Things are slowly improving with His return...of course, we are needed. He requests that we go forth and aid the mortals, they are most open and believing now." There was so much more that could have been said, but obviously Jin Huang was there to speak with Creation and would likely hear much of the same from Him.

"We have missed you, Brother. It is good to see you returned."

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Despite the earlier hesitation, there was no sign of it in his grasp. Jin Huang listened as his brother spoke, letting out a small sigh. "Tian Yue tells me that He wishes for us to hone ourselves." A hand lazily gestured at himself. "I am no warrior, no weapon ready for use. But I guard, and so I will do as I can, in my manner." He shrugged then, an elegant movement.

"As for mortals, I have little idea what we Kings can offer them. But they have need of us, as we have of them," Jin Huang commented thoughtfully, tail slowly moving behind him. "Would He see me now, do you think? Or if there is some other matter that demands His attention, I will wait."

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Ah, I have not spoken with Tian Yue as of yet." Xia Lu Ling looked back up towards the stairs from whence he had come; his mind touching almost lovingly at the reasoning why he had yet to gather with his Brothers. "My place has been at His side and so I have remained. Our Lord moves slowly, as though waking from a long slumber. It is...apt - for that is what happened."

His thick tail twitched when his multiple eyes caught the motion from Jin's own tail. "I did speak with Gianfar of Knowledge, to learn more of the Grigori, as well as with Creation at length. Tian Yue is correct: we must hone ourselves for the battle to come...and also support the Mortals. In this time, it is their beliefs that will provide us our greatest assets." Would Creation see the Treasurer? Of course he would! "He would be most pleased to see you, Brother."

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Again, one of his siblings mentioned the reborn Knowledge. Even if memory was lost, surely he would know how best to recover such that could be found. And apparently had, to hear the others talk. "I've missed so much, staying away," Jin Huang commented, refraining from making further remark upon the information. There was much to learn, and much to think about. His preference would always be for more time to think, and so he said nothing, only nodding his head in acknowledgement.

"Then we shall find Him," he said, taking steps up the stairs, assuming Xia Lu Ling would follow. His place was, after all, at the Crown's side always. Reaching the top, Jin Huang hesitated once more. He did not know where Creation now dwelt, but he would never fail to find his Lord. But it was polite to introduce oneself, after all. "My Lord?" he asked softly. "Futs Lung requests an audience."
Fair and plain was the new portal to the keepings of the Crown in that day and age. Gone were the grotesques of bone, wood and blood of earlier dragon's findings. The door was the nearly white heartwood of ash, impossibly smooth and polished as though stone, curled in raised arches and symmetrical knot work.

User Image
Distinct to dragon ears was the sound of a voice nearing, footsteps and a presence beyond the door before it even opened and a echo-timbered tenor greeted them as it swung in, "Harmodius sends his welcome, Sons of Scales, and bids you both feel at leisure to enter."

Having spoken, the man back-stepped to allow them in and left the door ajar. The rooms beyond were a maze of unnamed flowers and stones that pathed in all three dimensions.

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Yu said nothing to his Brother's admittance that much had happened while he had been gone from the Pantheon grounds; whatever Jin Huang had been doing, he was not going to press - it didn't matter so much that he was there now.

Fur and scales shifted as the dark King moved; he well knew where to go - none of them could deny that they had a sort of psychic magnetism where Creation was concerned. At the great, gleaming doors his eyes wandered as his keen ears picked up the sounds of one approaching to grant entrance. This one...this place...a scent familiar and unfamiliar all at once: Creation's scent and handiwork all over in this newer space.

"Come Brother, he waits within these blooms!" There was joy in his tone and his body fairly hummed at being near to Harmodius once more. A nudge to Jin Huang and then the darkly furred beast-Dragon was moving onward, inward -- to their Lord!

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Jin Huang followed less quickly behind his brother, taking measured steps through the door and into the breaktaking sight that was his Lord's quarters. A maze indeed, one that rose into dizzying three dimensions. The correct path to where Creation waited would perhaps be easy to find to one who was not a King; to them, of course, it was a trivial matter. Continuing his slow walk, Futs Lung looked about in thought and wonder, that such should replace the decor of old. He kept his hands in his pockets as he walked, a residual habit from his host. The heavy weight of the key rested in one, fingers curled gently around it.

Only one of the reasons he had come today, of course. But it was perhaps the easiest of them. When Harmodious had been found, Jin Huang slid easily to one knee, bowing his head in reverance to his Creator. "My Lord," Jin Huang murmured softly, gratefully. "I am glad to see you well."
User Image

The Eldest was reclined against rose whose branches and girth matched that of a tree, arching up feet and drifting white petals as occasional rain. The great tome that had served Tian Yue in the failing days lay open on his lap to early pages and he smiled as he looked up from them.

"'Mazes nor perfumes of the bounty of the earth ever hide me from the searching of Dragons. Welcome, dragon-sons. Welcome and be at ease. "

He looked over the kneel to the full three of them, the mortal have followed the two at a respectable distance and yet still accompanying. Good.

"Does hunger or thirst sit on your minds, firstly? That is easily remedied and eases relaxation. Half yet of your bodies are mortal kind."

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Pale skin and foliage; Creation was there, before them with a tome that lay open upon His lap and a smile pulling at the corners of His mouth at their approach. Yu's muzzle pulled into a sort-of-smile, laughing as the joy he felt being near Creation swelled up through his entire being.

"My Lord, our hearts over-fill with joy to see you again." Of all the Kings reborn in these times, perhaps Yu the Five Claw was the one that had been able to spend the most time with Him...and yet he always hungered for more. "Both, my Lord. I thirst more than hunger." Xia Lu Ling's body was almost always wanting food or drink to sate it; his host had been a most...hungry creature - something that hadn't yet left him. He looked over to Jin to see if he would take up their Lord's offer of food and drink.

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
At Creation's welcome, Jin Huang stood once more, brushing the knee of his pants in an absentminded geture of fussiness. The smile dancing about His face did much to set the dragon at ease, and he offered one in return, though it was a small one. "A glass of water, perhaps," he replied to the request diffedently, rolling one shoulder in a half-shrug. Neither he nor his host ate much; Delmin from scarcity, Jin Huang having adopted the habit from the man.

While there were many things Jin Huang would perhaps have liked to ask his Lord, now was not the time for it. Instead, the dragon felt himself relaxing, surprising himself. He hadn't realized how tense he'd been, both physically and mentally, until the stress was removed. The comforting presence of Harmodious did not erase the underlying problems Jin Huang had been tying himself in knots over, but placed them at a remove, making them seem insignificant. A respite the dragon welcomed, closing his eyes briefly to savor it for a moment, to hold it in memory for when he was out of His presence.
User Image

Water and wine both appeared with the wave of a hand, goblets and a decorated silver measure to divide and mix the two at leisure and preference of flavour.

"'Please, enjoy at your pleasure. It will not run out. Aris, join us, you are no stranger to these, nor they to you, whatever first meetings made again may seem. "

Creation said the last with mirth colouring his words. A joke, no doubt, at the expense of the failings of mortal tongues to wholly explain the situation.

The mortal still seemed hesitant, but walked in wide circle around the dragons to sit by Creation's side. He took up the water pitcher, as Aquarius' Ganymede, User Image "More water then wine? The flavour of a little of the latter will make it easier to drink in quantity. If your worried about keeping hydrated. "

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Aris, hmm? Xia Lu Ling could little recall Important Events of his past self so he had no chance at recalling the bright-eyed brunette in the service of the Twin Crown. He cocked his head a bit as Creation guided Aris to serve them with gentle, encouraging words.

"More water, yes. Wine to add flavor, but not to overpower. That would suit me best, though I cannot speak for my Brother." He would watch Aris curiously, wondering at the past briefly though he was not really concerned. What mattered now was not the past, but the present; Aris had a soft scent in Yu's nose, his own scent mixed with the heady, ambrosial scent of Creation. "Do not let my cup empty, bright-eyed Aris." Words spoken as a request and with a twist of muzzle meant to be a smile.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff