Demonic Fatcat

It's Not Over Yet.
YOU WILL BE MINE.

Taka could hear her shrieking.. his mother. But try as he might, he could not wake up. Wait.. that was wrong. He was awake. But he wasn't.. where Konaru was. It was hard to explain.. hard to understand.

It felt like thousands of needles were being stabbed into him. He wasn't sure where he was, what was going on.. and that's when he saw her. Glowing red eyes, a sadistic smirk creeping on her lips. Her hair tied in the same two long, never-ending braids, rustled as if she had been a homeless person for the past year.

Taka couldn't help but notice his heart pounding as she stepped towards him. This person- no, she wasn't. Not anymore. A demon? Not that either. A creature. A creature who fell deeper and deeper into a dark hole she could never return from. Did he hate her? Did he love her? She destroyed everything dear to him. She was the true representation of evil that he, and his forever-idol Captain Planet, loathed so much. Yet.. somehow..

He could remember..

FLASHBACK

A cheesy grin on her face, she snatched his hand and yanked him along with her. "YOU'RE SO SLOOOOOOW, TAKA!", she giggled. So naive, so happy.. so carefree.

He whined as the short, tiny child managed to drag him across what seemed like a never-ending field. "I'm huuuuungry! CAPTAIN PLANET IS ON! I can't miss it, Kaaaapuuuuuuuuuuuuu-"

She stopped abruptly, and he made an uncomfortable 'oof!" as he slammed into her back and slumped to the ground. Snapping her head around, her soft braids whisking in the wind and her tiny hands laying firmly on her waist as if in an attempt to intimidate her dear brother, she narrowed her eyes as she started to scold him.

"How are you going to protect me if you're so busy obsessing over HIM you can't even be a TRUE HERO!"

After a few innocent blinks, he smirked and wrestled her to the ground. "I'll show you a hero, you little brat!"

"Noooooo!" She shrieked, squirming on the ground as the scene fades. With nothing but childish giggles filling the air...

END FLASHBACK.

He could still hear her soft, innocent giggles. He wanted to help her, wanted to protect her.. but how did this happen? How did everything go so.. wrong?

"Long time no see, dear brother," Kapu snapped at him, her eyes narrowing at him dangerously.

The cold nothingness finally made sense to Taka as her voice echoed. The reason he could hear his mother's panicked yelps but couldn't do anything was because he wasn't really there. Wasn't really here, either. He wasn't sure how he knew, but he was stuck. Stranded. Between his world, and.. Kapu's.

The spirit realm.

"Why are you doing this?" He inquired, reaching his hand out to touch her. He couldn't really touch her- not like one would touch a normal person. She wasn't truly alive anymore, hence why she resided in this forsaken realm. But somehow, almost instinctively, she reached her hand out towards him. It sent a jolt through both of them, the kind that normally would have caused Taka to.. well, bring another into a 'vision' of his. However, he had given up half of his powers when he and Kia had Nozomi..

But it was still enough. Enough to send the memory of soft giggles through Kapu's head. She froze a minute, trying to debate with herself whether this was a trap or that really was..

No. She couldn't let herself fall for this. Things were different then.. but they could never return to that. Not after what happened to her. She wouldn't let the world have him. The world didn't DESERVE to have him!

She hissed, and in one swift motion, knocked Taka to the ground.

"Soon, brother.. soon we will be together again.." She cooed, her maniacal cackle whipping into the nothingness.

"Soon you will be mine again."

NEW DIARY HERE!!!