Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
The calf was still making that happy clicking, nudging up his big nose to her gently. He gave the impression of being all innocence, he only wanted to help her make a big splash. And she had made a very good big splash too!

But there was giggling from a little ways away from Naia, because she could actually hear what the youngster was saying.

"Are you okay? I'll ask him to play a little gentler..."

It was still Seung's first time really swimming.

3,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
Dear diary,

I don't know what to say! I got to spend the day at the beach with Seung and you won't believe what happened! All this time I thought she'd inherited only webbed hands from me, and took more after Anen than myself! But today when I was taking her through the kelp forest just a ways off of shore, she changed shape as I was bringing her up for air!

Seung's wings changed into fins and she grew gills! Apparently the ability to change shape when I really need to was passed down to her!

...ofcourse maybe it only works in water. but still!

We also ran into a humpback whale and her calf far out there... I think she loved seeing that cow and her baby more than anything, even if the little (who am I kidding it was the size of a mini van!) calf dunked her a few times.

I'm so excited, I've got to see if I can find the coral reefs so we can have a mother-daughter day there next!

I've got to get in contact with anen too, I haven't heard from him since Airi sent him of on some errand... Like he should obey her every whim!

I hope he's okay...

3,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
((I apologize for this taking so long to get posted. Work has a way of eating the time and the braincells required))

...The terrible night that it happened: Metaplot part 1

It was raging outside, a horrible storm, not as bad as when she was first touching on her old powers, but it was enough to send Michael hiding underneath the quilt of his bed. Lucian was gone to spend the night at the hospital, to watch over Brina...

A dark current hurtled through her as she took her first soggy breath upon the air, already born to do nothing but serve..Serving endless serving and horrible voices all screaming in the darkness beyond, all of those like her formless flesh screaming as their masters bid them to do away with the world, that world of humans and magic below and destroying them all utterly...those in the underwater caves cheering their 'gods' on for the slaughter......everyone fleeing as a darkness consumed the hq, a hundred lights scattering out into the four winds each one of the F'ae, running from four all choked by darktendrils in their glowing cores..Then those four were gone and she could hear Airi's voice as the dark thing beyond all roared in rage destroying all it could reach.. ..one such reached out towards a hospital bed and two figures in it, one laying on the bed so many easily broken things keeping it alive..another watching guard..a dark tendril coiled up and then struck at the one on the bed...and others all over..

She woke up, not in her bed but having crawled and slithered into the study with Cthulu standing over her, his metallic red eyes blazing angrily. For a moment she thought he was going to do something do her, but nothing came, the fandangle stood over her, the tentacles on his face writhing and clicking against each other before Naia realized that he was watching FOR something.

As she sat up something crinkled in her hand...a slip of paper with some cryptic puzzle...

User Image.

This wasn't her handwriting..or mom's or Lucian's what was going ON??

Then the phone began to ring in the other room, and the slip of paper was pushed from her mind.

"Hello, Knight reside-"

"Naia!"

"Lucian what.."

"Get Michael into some clothes, Patches is coming by to pick you up, you have to come to the hospital."

"......................................what happened?"

3,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
It had been something so small that just happened in an hour. Tinier than the head of a pin, but it was enough. Between the clot and the resulted seizure, Brina had been dead before Patches had even gotten them out of the driveway and on the road to the hospital. At least, that was what the doctors had told Lucian and that was what he'd managed to get out to Naia in the waiting room while he cried.

Everything after that had been a haze for Naia, after hugging Lucian and trying to keep Michael close. She felt numb and cold all over, through the hospital staff trying to talk to her, the funeral preperations, her mail-order courses, to right now. Staring at the face and body that looked asleep laying there in the coffin, as it drizzled and misted coming down on them in the graveyard, everyone red-eyed. She was certain that at some point inbetween then and now, she'd cried some but..she mostly felt numb, like none of this was real, and only one small part of her was getting upset at the fact..that she wasn't getting upset at all. Dimly aware of Cthulu saying something about how Brina had been a very interesting fleshbag to cohabitate with, Naia watched as the body of the woman who'd raised her was buried into the ground and covered with dirt.

It felt like Naia should have been crying...but everything was just being held back. Lucian took them all back home quietly, rubbing at his eyes the moment they got through the door andsitting down at the kitchen counter. Michael for once, just stuck close to Lucian as Cthulu made his way upstairs.

"...Lucian...I'm going upstairs to work on something." Naia tugged gently on his sleeve to get his attention.

The catman didn't respond, only staring at the tiled countertop.

Naia paused, and almost tugged again, before the guilt of not feeling anything just made her retreat upstairs herself, only stopping in her room to grab her diary before sitting down into the cluttered room that was the Study.

Dear Diary,

I...I don't know where to begin. Again. Again...I don't know where I am now. I thought I was lost before with the wreck that put mom into a coma but now..

I haven't told Lucian about the dream.

I haven't told him that I saw something striking out at the hospital the night mom..

-plip-

Where had that spot of water come from?

-plip!- -plipplip!-

Naia looked up and around the study, outside, the weather had transformed from the grey and dreary drizzle to a steady rain. Looking around the room, in the dim light with just the desklamp illuminating where she sat coiled in the officechair, she felt cold and afraid...and alone.

Outside, the steady rain changed into a downpour as everything just began to sink in.

Brina, Mom was dead. Because of something with the Fae. Because she was one of the Fae, and even if she'd chosen the mortal path, whatever it was that'd come in dreams didn't care about that, it just had struck at her in the place that it could do the most damage.

It had killed mom.

.....Because of her.

The diary and pen lay forgotten on the desktop as everything sank away from her perception; everything that'd been held back through that night and the funeral all came pouring out of the broken dam.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff