Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is the Journal for Edelsteine Tien, the Commedia Dell'Arte. Please do not post unless you have the expressed permission of mistalina13.

User Image

Beloved Shapeshifter

User Image

I n t r o d u c t i o n . . .
This is the private journal of Tien, the Commedia Del'Arte. You may not post without my permission (unless you are Ivynian or Syrie) as it interrupts the story's flow. Feel free to read what is within these pages, but if you are a member of the Edelsteine shop is should be treated as ooc knowledge unless otherwise specified. Happy reading!

T a b l e o f C o n t e n t s . . .
post o1. ivy's post
post o2. introduction
post o3. about tien
post o4. about morgan
post o5. aoide
post o6. home and abroad
post o7. material possessions
post o8. opinions on others
post o9. followers and ploosh post
post 1o. official art, certs and commissions
post 11. works of glory
post 12. quest log
post 13. timeline
post 14. other plushies
post 15. ooc notes

User Image

Beloved Shapeshifter

User Image

User Image
Tien, the Commedia Dell'Arte
The Goddess of Trickery

Meaning: "fairy" or "spirit" in Vietnamese
Titles: the Commedia Dell'Arte - "Player of Comedy"

Personality: ...

In Short: ...

Appearance: ...

Dislikes: ...

Image Song: ..

Powers
Minor Mask - Trickery may need to look like many creatures, objects or people in order to successfully pull pranks. As this power stands so far, Tien can take a general form of anything she wants (it can’t be a specific individual to be impersonating them). It doesn’t have to follow physics, the mask allows her to be small as a mouse or big as a house…but it only lasts a handful of hours if she pushes it. The less similar to her own shape, the more energy it takes her to maintain it. Close scrutiny also reveals that all is not as it may seem with the see creature. The mask doesn’t affect smells, tracks left, or other tells that have given away pranksters over the millennia.

Simple Prop - When playing tricks, a trickster might need some supplies. Tien can summon to her any one, simple item for her tricks (ex: a bucket for her to fill with water, a bunch of bananas for the peels, a length of rope to be a trip line) The item exists until the trick/prank is sprung, and then it vanishes.

User Image

Beloved Shapeshifter

User Image

User ImageMorgan Elizabeth Grant was eighteen years old when she fell through the portal to Gaia from Earth on the way home from a gaming session. She was in a rush and decided to take a short cut home through the alleyways, which she thought she knew well. After a day of wandering lost in a village on Gaia she was found by Crispin and his Dragon King, Shaiming. Like a knight in shining armor (albeit in training) he brought to the pantheon to stay with them until they could find a way home for her.

She fell in love with Crispin, despite his attempts to dissuade her against the notion (even though he loved her too) because he might not be around much longer. Shaiming made a promise to her one night while Crispin slept: to do what he could to preserve the boy once the time had come but he could make no guarantees. When the time finally came Morgan spent several frightening hours in her room while she waited to see the outcome. Her heart skipped a beat when Tian Yue showed up at her door and she silently thanked Shaiming for what he had done.

They were able to spend quite a bit of time together before the shoe ended up on the other foot so to speak. One day Morgan wandered downstairs to find Harmodius on the couch in the guise of a handsome youth. He pressed Trickery's gem to her arm and began her trip down the rabbit hole.

User Image

Beloved Shapeshifter

User Image

User Image Asherah, the Black Cat Aoide; The Black Cat was the only aoide in the Commedia Dell'Arte's service before the Fading. She fell asleep and woke up in the body of a plushie, which she proceeded to 'hatch' from. Asherah once masqueraded as Nebula, entering into the service of Tian Yue to be close to her mistress before her rebirth.

She is less catlike than some of the other aoide who share her face, but she will fall back into more feline behavior when upset or angered. Otherwise she is rather outspoken and forward, unless ettiquette dictates otherwise.
User Image User Image

User Image

Gul, the Faun Aoide; The goat girl was found among the troupe that Tien stayed with during the time she slept. Apparently she had come to live among the group in earlier days and had spent her life as a wanderer, learning the ways bard and dancer. She discovered her true purpose when Asherah sighted her as another of her kind. Gul tended to the sleeping Tien in Asherah's absense.

She has a very fair voice, but rarely uses when she is not singing; preferring to let her body language do the talking instead.

User Image

Kaulu, the Serpent; The fox colored serpent is Tien's constant companion. She was a gift from another divine log ago, though she does not recall who. Kaulu obeys the Trickster's commands and protects her in times when her blades are of no use.

She is nearly always on the Tien's person and if not she is usually found somewhere very close by. The serpent has the uncanny ability to blend in with her surroundings, often appearing only out of necessity.

.Other Companions.
Paint -- Oneirin

User Image

Beloved Shapeshifter

User Image

Morgan's Old Room, Tian Yue's Quarters

The Compound, A Piece of the Past
Shh..it's a secret. ninja

Cabin of Bones, A Piece of the Past
Shh..it's a secret. ninja

User Image

Beloved Shapeshifter

User Image

Moved to a safe place in my guild for now.

User Image

Beloved Shapeshifter

User Image

The Pantheon
Harmodius :: Creation/Destruction - I am glad you did not wish to send us back to the abyss just yet.
Lucius :: Universe - He grieves for you still, as do many others.
Echo :: Music - How do you fare, dear Music, with Underworld for a husband?
Nergal :: Underworld - I have returned, let the games begin.
Desiderio :: Love - (...)
Shkhin :: Plague - (...)
Lisana :: Laughter - (...)
Gadriel :: Deception - I've heard tales that you linger somewhere.

The Child Gods
Lacrymosa :: Grief - Nergal's daughter, what a delightful little girl.

The Nine Dragon Kings
Zhijian :: Ying Long - Still very much a cat. >D
Tian Yue :: Tien Lung - What I wouldn't give to see you smile. These feelings hold tight to my heart, now as much mine as they were hers.

The Others
Poltros/Angmar :: Dead Man? - I remember the river...
Toki :: Aoide of Worldshield - It is good your Lord is worth such devotion.
Ishum :: Aoide of Underworld - Beast Master...do you remember who I am?
Illario :: An Andorian - What has become of him, I wonder?

User Image

Beloved Shapeshifter

User Image

No Followers At This Time.

User Image

Beloved Shapeshifter

User Image
User ImageUser Image

:Of the Host:
User Image User Image User Image User Image

:Of the Goddess:
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

:Just for fun:
Tien: WoW Style

User Image

Beloved Shapeshifter

Beloved Shapeshifter

User Image

No Quests As Of Yet.

User Image

Beloved Shapeshifter

User Image
ZOMG. Out of date. D=

22 January 2007 - Morgan takes a shortcut home and ends up falling through a portal to Gaia and meets a pair of gallant strangers, Crispin and Shaiming. They offer her a place to stay with them until she can find a way home.

25 Junary 2007 - Morgan had a chat with Rio, God of Love, who offered good advice.

28 January 2007 - Crispin & Morgan's first kiss after a short Dungeons and Dragons game.

04 February 2007 - Morgan tells Crispin that she loved him.

14 February 2007 - Valentine's Day, that everyone almost forgot about!

11 March 2007 - Morgan and Crispin's first and only real date. They head through a portal to Earth for a nice dinner and she makes the choice to stay with Crispin and Shaiming.

27 March 2007 - So many days of despair, finally ended with some private time.

30 March 2007 - Crispin and Shaiming teach Morgan a little about swordplay.

20 April 2007 - Crispin & Shaiming merge...leaving behind Tian Yue.

28 April 2007 - Tian Yue tells Morgan of his love for Universe, also that he must leave to attend to something by his Lord's command leaving Morgan feeling very angry and jealous.

08 May 2007 - Ser follows Morgan to this other world.

26 May 2007 - Tian Yue returns from his quest.

08 July 2007 - Morgan received Tien's gem from Harmodius.

User Image

Beloved Shapeshifter

Beloved Shapeshifter

User Image

User Image

Font: #cc6633

Wanted Roleplay (in no particular order)
- Anyone and everyone once I get caught up

Info Links: Trickster (Wiki);

Plots & To Do List!

Youth
A "youth", the third stage of the Edelsteine, is the deity reborn. This means that everything is now the deity's, it is their mind, their body, their soul now.
-the original host character, provided they have not been destroyed by the deity, only exists as a whisper, a conscience, or a voice in the mind of the deity. None of their powers remain. They cannot control the body. They were sacrificed for the rebirth of the deity, and if they still exist in that smallest sense, it was only at the desire of the immortal whom is beyond their puny mortal comprehension. Maybe a mannerism of the host, such as sucking on their hair, or liking the color blue, is still apparent. But not much beyond that.
-These creatures have minor powers associated with their fields of influence.
-These creatures are NOT AT THEIR FULL STRENGTH. A youth deity is a deity with no followers, no believers, no influx of any human regard to return them to their full glory and power. Just as lack of followers or cult is what made them forgotten and killed them, it is what keeps them from becoming great and powerful again.
-Certifications include powers to avoid excessive God-modding.

Requirements:
morph to youth
about 10 pages...(after page 1)aka:
normal=60-75 solo, 60-75 joint
I like writing with others=40-50 solo, 90-100 joint
I like my own writing=95-100 solo, 40-50 joint

Morph Art Posted (p 5024) - Jan 22, 2008
Morph Portrait (p 5063) - Jan 29, 2008

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items