Vermillion Gekko

User Image
User Image
First Contact
User Image

Staring back at her, he grinned. "Com one, slowpoke. I swear... bigger snakes than you move faster."

"I am not a snake," she stated. He irritated her with his amusement sometimes. Her tail twitched at the end, shaking as if rattling a warning.

The labyrinth was barely surviving and neither were quite certain how they had gotten there. She had waken up with him falling on her. That was all she had memories of. Waking up in a dry world and feeling as if she were going to die of thirst. The next thing she knew he had come sliding down from above and into the dark hole she had taken refuge in.

"Refuge?" she frowned repeating the word. Had she taken refuge? From what? It seemed the proper word for it. Perhaps she had.

"What are you talking about?" he asked watching her closely. He would not admit it but she was rather pretty. For a serpent. Ranted she was not all snake, but a naga. Same difference, he supposed.

"Nothing. Just a faint memory. I think...." she suddenly shrugged, working her way forwards. "It doesn't matter. Do you think we will ever find our way out, Enji?" she asked frowning again.

"At some point. We've checked all the other portals. There is supposed to be one near here. I hope it lasted. It's too bad the others crumbled." His eyes just watched her face. She looked disappointed by his words. Holding out his hand, he said, "Here. I'll help."

She was struggling to get over the last prtion of rock and she knew it. When he offered his hand, she sighed as she took his fingers in hers. "I wish it were a bit easier to get where we are going."

"me too. But we will just have to deal with it for now, Illiad. We will find a way out sooner or later." Reaching the top of the rise, he stopped to stare around them. It looked the same in all directions. It was then he noted smoke to the west. "Smoke. I wonder if friendly or unfriendly. We need supplies."

__

The wizards chanted in unison practicing the curses they knew. Several people in cages watched, fear in their eyes. None said a word as the guards circled them. Punishment would be given if they spoke a word. But most stared as the two men waslked past. Their attitudes were entirely altered and they wore the robes of cult members. It had only been a day since they were taken. How could they change so much?

Their malicious grins remained as they approached their former cell mates. "Don't worry," one smirked as the other laughed. "It doesn't hurt.... much. You won't even care if it does when you are done."

__

"We came through here once before, didn't we?" Her words were soft as she stared around. Her expression became a frown, her brows furrowing deeper and deeper.

"I think so," he hesitated glancing around. "There might be an inn just over the ridge. If there is, we can get supplies there. Maybe."

She nodded as they moved towards the top fo the area. As they rounded the large rock in front of them, a winding path opened up.

More soon....

User Image