• Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
Solo for prepping for Endiovar trip to Silent Forest

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
.:: ||{...Crow Delivery Service...}|| ::.

User Image

Glyph was out and about as usual, wandering the Pantheon's grounds and enjoying the feel of grass in his toes and the tickle of leaves against his hair when he climbed one of the fruit trees to pick an apple. It was quiet and peaceful, serene.

So much so that Glyph had chosen to take a nap beneath the apple tree he'd been taking fruit from, his ears twitching as they caught the occasional flutter of birds' wings or the calls of creatures. Hands folded in his lap and lips curled into a small smile, Forest was taking the opportunity to be near the Pantheon, outdoors, and relax. He intended to go to the Silent Forest with Endiovar in the next few days and had already gathered some supplies but was working up the courage to go say farewell to Illisia. He was... well, shy. He wondered if she'd be upset with him and had avoided going to see her for that reason, which left him restless and uncertain.

Perhaps after this he'd travel out to his Forest to gather some seeds for the trip...

...A dozing tree. How interesting.

Ankou had been going along his merry way, just wandering - he did not dare go far, not yet, but the urge to move and go around was ultimately too close to ignore for him. He had spotted Glyph in the distance, and came closer, slowly, nearly without a sound beyond the rustle of the grass...

And now he was right beside the other god, who hadn't moved a hair beside the flicking of ears, looking down with an amused expression.

This was usually the point where one would startle the other, but... Ankou wasn't completely certain Forest would take well to it. And if Cosine out of all people hadn't recognized him...

Instead, he knocked on the tree, lightly. "Anybody down there ?" His voice was practically dripping with amusement.

Glyph leaned forward when someone knocked on the tree so his horn wouldn't end up digging into the bark as he looked up... and found a stranger. Blinking, he pursed his lips and tilted his head on way then the other, "Ah... I believe I am down here...." Frowning a little, he bit his lower lip. He didn't really recognize this pale man but something about him gave Glyph reason to pause.

His ears were pricked forward, focused on the other, "I'm sorry... I didn't hear you. Did you need something?" Glyph a little more distant then usual, confused by his not-recognition.

Glyph's confusion wasn't as startling as Cosine's had been, or maybe it was just that he was starting to get used to the fact that no one initially made the connection. The only real connecting point was his voice, if one kept close attention, and his wings, really - and he spread them out as much as he possibly could for Forest's benefit. "You seem a little forgetful." It was hard not to be amused, a little too hard. "Would the name Ankou ring a bell ?"

Okay, he was enjoying this a little too much.

Glyph's eyes trailed to the puffed out wings when Ankou spread them and he quirked his lips, "An- Ankou!?" Hopping up to his feet he found himself looking at the other's chest rather then his face and sighed, disappointed. Everybody always seemed to be taller then him, "You grew... And you look a lot different! Hello my friend!" He held his arms open for a hug, smiling.

"When did that happen? I haven't seen you for some time." Glyph beamed at the Spirit Guide, shaking his head, "You sound awfully amused, though. What's going on?"

"It seems like I do." If even she couldn't recognize me... It was still a little embarassing to think about, and that he hadn't really expected it.

And it was impossible to say he wasn't enjoying the attention. He might just as well have preened if he'd been a bird, from his expression. He didn't go for the hug - liked his space, thank you, unless of course your name was Cosine - but he did grin, a mix of amusement and happiness. "Very recently, actually. I assure you haven't missed much."

...Had Glyph always been so short ? Or maybe his host had been that short, they'd been roughly of similar height before. Still, the sudden difference in height caught his attention immediately.

At least, it wasn't what had him so amused. "I've been hovering over you for a good five minutes. You've never heard me coming."

When Ankou didn't return the hug he let his arms fall to his sides once more but continued smiling, "Aah, I see. Well then, congratulations Spirit Guide~ A step closer to being yourself once more. Feel any different?"

Forest laughed, "You have? Really? At least I have an excuse! I was dozing, doesn't that count?" He pouted a little, bemused, "Though if you're going to make a habit of sneaking around, I'll have to string up bells or something as alerts. Other then turning pale as a ghost, how have you been? I keep looking for you but our paths just didn't align at all. I've missed you."

"Not all that much, actually." He admitted. "Wider, for the most part." There had been some slight improvement at not knocking over everything in his path. Slight. That was the only real irritation, really. He was nowhere near tall enough to have a problem with doors, especially not at the pantheon.

"I don't think that'll be necessary, really." He didn't quite laugh, but the amusement was noticeable in his voice and expression. The mental image was a bit ridiculous. That Forest had actually missed his presence, however, seemed to surprise him. But then, many things Glyph did surprised him. It was still a little bit weird to think that whenever he left, now, he'd left behind others that would miss him. "I have been gone again, for the most part. I cannot seem to stay still very long."

"Wider...?" How did one get wider? Ankou didn't really seem that much bulkier... Perplexed, Glyph looked the other god up and down then laughed, "I don't see how."

"Ah, I see. I have been gone frequently too. I spend most of my time outdoors now, I prefer the space the air to the confines of a building, however airy it might be." He smiled then glanced back at the Pantheon, "But... while I've got you. I've some good news. Remember the crows you put into my care? They've nested and bred, their young have recently begun to fly. Would you like to see?" He gestured towards the home of the gods.

"Well." Again, Ankou extended his wings to their full length - there was a third pair, and they were definitively much larger than they once had been - an impressive wingpan indeed. "That's how. I keep knocking object downs, and they bump into things... But, I figure you won't really have to worry about that." It was the Spirit Guide's turn to laugh - a more subdued chuckle compared to Forest's.

"They have ?" A pleasant surprise, indeed. "I would definitively like to, if you've got the time."

"I see..." He shook his head, amused, "Though I hardly think you walk around all puffed up like that. What about keeping them close at your back? Maybe just giving it a bit of time will help. And you're probably right. I don't have a use for wings, really. And I'm not too good with being disconnected from the ground. Feet in the dirt, not in the air." He looked a little sheepish as he admitted his fear of flying. Forest was most comfortable firmly grounded, thank-you.

"I do indeed have the time. C'mon." He motioned for Ankou to followed as he started off towards the Pantheon.

"Certainly not." The mental image... it was ridiculous. Him walking about like some kind of peacock... No, definitively not, "But I am used to move quickly without really thinking too much about it." He admitted. "It's an issue of getting used to it, and nothing more. It will get better."

Then he nodded, and followed Forest inside.

"I would think that's the idea." Glyph replied as he lead the way into the pantheon and up the stairs, eventually pausing before his door, "I've done a bit of remodeling since the last time I saw you - mostly because I found I am a terribly poor planner of living space." He smiled as he opened the door onto the main entrance, the fragrant grass and scent of trees lingering the air such that it seemed like walking into a forest then into a room.

There were walls, still, and steps and rooms, but the whole space was centered around a pseudo-garden area with a small pond and lined by pillars of trees. "They nest in the pillars of the Common Room. And make a habit of pinching my treasures every now and then." Glyph seemed more amused by that then annoyed, however.

A bit of remodeling, uh.

He had followed Glyph all the way to his rooms, but when he entered, he had to give it a pause. With rooms like this, they might just as well be outside still - he'd certainly never seen any room set like this before, and for a moment he was surprised. But then, it seemed obvious that Forest would prefer the outdoors and thus have his living quarters set to be just the same.

It did give him an idea, but... He would need to discuss it with Cosine, first, before truly giving his own makeover ideas true thought.

"Well, that's why you hide them." Ankou seemed just as amused - and familiar - with the matter, himself.

"It's difficult when they're clever enough to find where you've hidden them. My Aoide have had to go crow hunting several times now." Glyph laughed as he padded into the room and dug his feet into the soft grass. "Anyone in!?" He called, lifting his head to sniff at the scent of cooking. Something with cheese and vegetables... it smelled delicious.

"Seems like Aisling's in. She's a wonderful cook." He gestured to the side that the kitchen was tuck away in as he padded towards the far end, where a large graceful arch opened up onto an observation deck lined with an indoor garden, "Ah, here it is." Returning a moment later with a short step ladder, he set it at the base of a tree and gestured for Ankou to come see.

Clicking and whirring from another tree, however, indicated the presence of one of the younger crows and he laughed softly, "Made it to another tree, I see!" Pointing at the newly fledged crow, he smiled, "See? That's one of their young."

Aisling had made it to the central room by that time, wiping her hands on an apron as her hooves clicked against the stone floor then went silent as she stepped down into the grass, "Welcome home My Lord! You've brought a guest?"

"Aye. It's Ankou. Don't you recognize him?" Glyph's eyes sparkled with mischief as Aisling shook her head then disappeared under the pretense of minding the cooking.

"Maybe I should put a bell on you instead." Forest was not without his own mischief, it looked like.

He looked up at the fledgling then, smiling. "They do seem to be growing nicely." He wasn't actually all that good at taking care of living being, but it did look a fair share more healthy than those he'd seen before. But with the times, it had to be expected.

"That wouldn't be fair." Glyph complained, smiling, "And it'd get pinched either by the crows or my leafy lizard friends. It's shiny and noisy... what could possibly be more interesting?" He laughed, giving a shrug.

He nodded at the comment, an amused expression playing across his face, "They are! They're cuter now then they were before. Newborn birds are very fragile and awkward. Now that they've got their fluff and can almost fly, they've been getting into everything. At least the ground is soft for when they do fall." There was no ire in his voice as he spoke, having quite enjoyed the moments he took to watch them practice. "They're tougher then they look. If I fell a distance like that, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't simply bounce and walk away."

"Then ill'd just have to get another." Ankou's voice was full of barely-restained mischief, at that very instant, and when he spoke again, it was gone.

"They are, certainly." He rose one hand upward, wondering if any would come over to perch on him. He certainly wouldn't mind - and he didn't want to fly up and scare them. "Strong little creatures." There was a smile on his face.

"Hmph." Glyph frowned, disliking the idea entirely. He really didn't want to wear a bell.

"Aye. But I don't envy them their flight," Glyph laughed, "my feet belong in the earth, not in the air, thank-you." When Ankou stretched out a hand, one of the fledglings meandered over out of curiosity, its head turned sideways to stare at the Spirit Guide even as it moved forward. Expecting something, it perched on the edge of the nest then fluttered awkwardly, wings flailing, to land haphazardly on the god's hand. Ruffling up its feathers, as if it meant to do that, the young crow then pecked at Ankou's hand and looked at him, clearly disappointed. All that work and nothing to show for it?

Glyph laughed at that, shaking his head. "I'm afraid I've spoiled them, I think. One moment." Disappearing in the direction of the kitchen, Forest came back with some chopped up apple and a handful of sunflower seeds a few moments later, "There. You should probably try to win your friend back." It was hard for him to suppress the bemused grin at the expression the crow wore.

"That is very possible." With how friendly he was ? Yes, he was quite certain these little ones had ended up with their fair share of affection, indeed. The Spirit Guide didn't seem to mind as his hand was pecked at, waiting for Forest to return with the apple and the seeds.

"Here, am I forgiven now ?" He asked the fledgling, putting one bit of apple in his open palm in front of it.

Glyph merely grinned at Ankou's agreement. The fledgling eyed Ankou then snatched up the chunk of apple in a few quick tilts of its head then fluffed up it's body and looked at him for more.

"Apparently not entirely." Forest intoned, highly amused, "Since there's so much we should probably collect the rest of them or there'll be trouble later." Turning around he set about gathering the other fledglings and hoped the parents would return. With Ankou inspecting the crows, it would be good for them to see him with their offspring.

"Certainly wouldn't do any good to have jealousy break out, wouldn't it ?" The Spirit Guide was still rather amused, and he dropped a sunflower seed in his palm in front of the small bird next, running one finger along it's back with his free hand.

It was sobering, in a way. He couldn't remember ever handling a crow so young, before, and part of him seemed afraid that he might hurt the little one if he wasn't extremely careful.

The two other chicks were harder to find, and more reluctant to be held in the hands of anyone. One croaked with dismay as Glyph's gentle fingers caught it and brought it down to set on the grass beside Ankou and the other lead Forest on a short but merry chase about one of the bushes on the far side of the common space. The ruckus had apparently drawn the attention of the parents who swooped and dutifully made passes at Forest's head as he carried the last chick back. Ducking and weaving, he managed to somehow keep the the cheek relatively steady in his hands from a surplus of experience in such dodge-and-walk maneouvers.

When the chicks stopped their bawling and picked at the seeds set out for them, the parents settled and greeted their master, alighting on nearby branches or Ankou's shoulders with friendly gawps and clicks.

Glyph, in the meantime, simply sat down on the grass and leaned against a nearby tree, quite enjoying the scene that was Ankou and his crows. The care with which the Spirit Guide handled the fledgings warmed Forest's heart and rested an arm on a knee as he tilted his head, "I think you'd make a good father one day."

Ankou didn't notice much of all that, his attention mostly on the chick he was holding. When the other two were put down on the grass, the Spirit Guide let it down to rejoin its sibilings so it could peck on the rest of the seeds.

He had then turned his attention to the mother, who had taken perch on his shoulder, when Glyph spoke. And the reaction was immediate - his hand stilled in mid-'petting' and he looked at Forest just like he had grown another head. "Not really. I would barely be home for them, after all." to be honest, this was something that had never come up, that Cosine hadn't even hinted at, and part of honestly hoped that it simply never would come up. It was a bad idea, he would make a bad father, and it was better left at that.

Glyph merely laughed and shrugged at that, "Just thought I would speak my mind. You're gentle with them, that's a good thing." Smiling the god closed his eyes and leaned back, waving one hand in a dismissive gesture, "Don't mind me. Idle thoughts."

And with that he, he fell into quiet to watch Ankou play with the crows and, should the chicks bounce over to him, play with them as well.

User Image

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
.:: ||{...A Fairy in the Garden...}|| ::.

User Image

For the longest time she had traveled, searching for any sign of nature, her forest home, destroyed, had long since been forgotten. Plants, trees, grass, there was nothing, everywhere she'd looked was dead, barren. The lack of anything green had the fairy in pain. It wasn't right, this was not right. Desperate for any sign of plant life she began her quest, not sure of her direction but always moving forward, passing through desecrated towns, deserted villages and valleys that had been reduced to harsh deserts.

Then one day she saw it. A small wildflower, all alone, partially covered by an animal carcass, it's purple flowers a stark contrast to the dark red of the land. She'd touched it with her hands and felt it's pain, she offered it some of her magic, and the plant grew, only slightly, she wasn't capable of much. The plant had thanked her and her spirits were renewed. She continued in her unknown direction every so often a piece of greenery catching her eye, appearing in higher concentrations in the direction she went. She offered them what she could, intent now on finding their start.

After a while she noticed a small path of grass, it's edges dotted with different flowers, intrigued she followed, the width of the path growing, until she finally came to a door, standing upright, surrounded by plant life. The fairy approached, cautiously, checking behind, but there was nothing, to her all it was was a door. How strange. Curiosity getting the better of her, she moved her hand forward, gently grasping the knob and turned. What she saw was astounding, and, without thinking, she stepped through the doorway and into the place. Once through, the door closed and vanished behind her. The fairy, shocked, now found herself in what she could only think of as a garden. It had ponds, structures, plants. Overcome, her legs buckled, she fell to a seated position on the ground and stared around in awe.

Thud.

It was the sound of something falling on the grass that made the young boy perk up from his book. It was a very thick book for such a small boy, really, and it made it own thud sound itself after he had marked the page and let it fall closed again.

He peeked out from the side of the teahouse, then, and saw... someone ! Someone he'd never seen, eyes wide, sitting on the ground. She had wings, even ! But, she looked so lost. Too lost to be a goddess. An host, maybe ?

Hmmm. At any rate, no one else seemed to be around to notice her.

At last, Akakios let himself fall down his seat, and he approached her, slowly. "Are you okay ?" He asked, once he was right in front of her.

Nissa, still flustered, almost missed the young boy speak. She looked up from her position on the ground and gave a weak smile. He was different than any young one she'd seen before. Admittedly she'd only ever seen young fairies, but still, he was an unusual site. His eyes in particular had Nissa entranced, she'd never seen anything like them before. So much so that she nearly forgot to speak. "Oh, I... I think I'm okay. I think I'm lost though." The fairy blushed. Of course she was lost, she had no idea where she was.

Her wings lay listless against her back, a sign of her obvious distress. At least there was someone around. Perhaps the child would be able to help her. Wait. Her brain, regaining some of its functionality, had finally processed the fact that she was talking to a young boy. A boy who, to her eyes, looked far to be young to be out on their own. Instantly she was up, a hand on his shoulder, worry in her eyes. "Are you lost too? Where are your parents?! Aren't you too young to be out alone?" All the shock of her current situation was lost when she realized this young boy might be in trouble.

"Im fine." He was used to these kind of reaction, but not so extreme. There was something odd about how he barely smiled to her, more as if it was for her own benefit than anything else, but yet he did not seem harmed. There was only the vague feeling of saddness, faint, lingering. But the boy didn't seem truly sad, either ?

"Im not lost." He finally said. "And you're not lost either - you're at the Pantheon." There ! Now she wasn't lost either ! "What's your name ?" She asked, curious. He'd heard of mortals winding up closeby for no apparent reason, hosts or otherwise - perhaps she was meant for someone, or to serve someone.

"Oh," she said simply, with not having to worry about the boy, she was back to worrying about herself. Her lost self. Where was she? Why was it so... green?

"The Pantheon? But I don't even know what that is..." The boy said it like it made all the difference, but it still didn't help. She had no idea what the Pantheon was, or where it was, or anything else about it. The fairy was looking even more distressed than before.

"My name? I'm Nissa." She replied softly, still troubled as to her current whereabouts to think to ask the young boys name.

...Apparently this wasn't doing it. But then, Lament had never been the only one present to try to calm someone down. He had no idea what he was supposed to do, pretty much.

His mother made it all look so easy !

"Well, I didn't see how you came in." He admitted. "So I dunno where you came from... ? But, I know you're safe here." He nodded, trying to instill his own confidence onto her. Mom did that all the time with mortals. She nodded at them, gestured at them, stayed calm. "There's many different people from many different places here. Some just kind of... come here, all of sudden. This is the pantheon, and there's many gods and goddesses here." Akakios hadn't learned much about being subtle yet. "Im Akakios, Lament. You can just call me Kios." He offered her another smile, then blinked, apparently thinking as to what else he could possibly do to... ah !

"Your wings are very pretty." Aha ! A point for him. "Are you some kind of fairy ? I read alot about fairies in books. But I've never seen one."

"I... I came through a door. It was over there." She pointed to where the door was before it had vanished into thin air. "I really came from my forest, well what used to be my forest. It's gone now. Dead, everything was dead. So I left, to find something... and I saw a flower. It kept me going, them I saw another, and another, and suddenly there was a whole bunch! It was beautiful. In the middle of the flowers was a door. I opened it, and this is where it went." Nissa sighed.

"Nice to meet you Kios," she smiled briefly, before returning to her disheartened state, though she wasn't as bad as before. At least this place was safe. Supposedly.

She perked up when he spoke about her wings, stretching them out to their full glory. She'd always been proud of her wings, all the others had been jealous. Not that there were any around anymore to be jealous, but still, she was quite fond of her wings. "Yes, I'm a fairy." She smile again. "A forest fairy, though not a very powerful one." She scowled, she'd always disliked the fact that she'd never developed any strong powers.

Wait. Did he say gods? "Gods? Here?! Why I... must be dead then. Dead!" At this thought the fairy looked to be on the verge of tears.

"A door ?" The boy looked just as perplexed as she was - there'd never been a door here, as far as he knew ! "Hrm... People do end up here like that. Something about this being a place where all the worlds kind of go together." He scrunched his nose lightly - if she wanted an factual explaination, she had hit the wrong god.

But then she panicked again. "Ah, no no no !" He hadn't meant to do that ! B-But !!!

One breath... Another...

"You're fine." He finally said. Then, he tugged at her hand lightly, hoping it would make her look down at him. "You're not dead. I can't see dead people, I just hear them. I can see you just fine." He kind of hoped it wouldn't just make her freak out worse. "You're just... in a different place than your forest. Im... sorry about your forest." He added, having completely forgotten about that when she had panicked. "There's a god of forests, though, so if we go and ask him nicely, he'll probably make it all green again." He'd never met him - Crys had, though, and had told him much about him. But... he had no idea where to find Glyph. And he didn't want to leave Nissa all alone.

"Do you want to sit, a little bit ?" He asked her, looking back to the teahouse he'd come out from.

A certain someone's ears had been burning as he walked through the gardens surrounding the Pantheon, taking solace in the greenery and tranquility found in the quiet, winding paths. In his arms were a few sacks of seeds he'd gathered up after perusing the environs, hoping to use them during his travel to the Silent Forest.

Pausing when he rounded a bend and the pair came into sight, their voices drifting in the air, he remained still long enough to hear of a forest dead and hope of greenery once more. He sighed, mourning the death of so much and added a mental note to invesitigate this mysterious place with the door in the flowers - another place for him to heal. The more he heard, he more Glyph realized there were countless things to do.

Shifting the sacks in his arms, Forest cleared his throat as he approached, "I assure you, fairy, that Forest is alive and well and that you are not dead. I am leaving soon, to assist a friend, but don't worry. Forest isn't dead and neither will your home remain if I have a say in the matter." He smiled at the girl then nodded to the boy, "Greetings! Is everything alright?" From the worried expression on the youth's face and the tone of the girl's voice, he suspected they might need a little help.

"I'm not dead?" The fairy couldn't have sounded more relieved when the young boy had told her this, her sorrowful expression turning to overwhelming joy. Although her home was destroyed and all her friends and family were gone, she had never once hoped she would die, only for things to get better.

The comment about hearing, not seeing the dead was discarded, Nissa was too happy at the thought of being alive. "Thank you, my forest was a good place. I'd been there for a long time, to see it destroyed was terrible. Everything that has happened is terrible, yet here, everything seems perfect." It was strange. Everywhere she had traveled looked apocalyptic, yet here, it was beautiful.

"Please, a seat would be nice." Her head was spinning, all different emotions were coursing through her, all wanting to come out, Nissa felt as if she might explode from it all. She gave Akakios a nervous smile.

Before they could move, a new figure appeared. Nissa turned her gaze to look. He seemed familiar, yet foreign at the same time. It was a strange feeling. His appearance reminded her of a dryad, or maybe a wood sprite, but she could tell he was neither of those. How strange. She listened to his words. At first she thought he was talking about her home, and was going to interject, her forest was gone, she was sure of it! But then he did speak of it, was he referring to himself as Forest? What did he mean.

Nissa blinked, her face slightly confused. "Umm, hello. I, I'm not sure. I think I'm lost, but this young boy, I mean Kios was helping me." She shifted her gaze to the ground. Something about him made her feel uncomfortable, yet at peace at the same time. "You can help me with my forest?" Her words were hopeful, yet skeptical at the same time, there was so much to rebuild, the task would be nearly impossible.

The sudden appearance of someone else did surprise Akakios a bit - he'd been so focused on Nissa that he hadn't heard Glyph come by at all. "Everything's fine." He had it covered now, really ! See ? Smooth operator and all that.

Though he realized, a little bit late on the uptake, that he was exactly who he'd just talked about. Uh. That was handy ! He seemed to be more than happy to let Forest explain for himself, though, as he started heading toward the teahouse to sit on the step, his small hand still slipped into Nissa's, leading her where she could sit for a bit.

It was a bit of an odd sight, a child walking an adult, and not the other way around.

"Kios?" Glyph echoed, following along behind them, "Nergal's son? Crys had much to say about you." He grinned at Lament, "Good to see you caring for people." Sinking down into the grass near them, he stuck his toes into the grass and set the seeds down at his side to regard the girl, a gentle smile playing across his face.

"Can I help you with your forest? Of course. I'd not be a very good Forest if I didn't, would I?" He leaned forward, one long-fingered hand outstretched in greeting, "I'm Glyph, Silvim Illustirre. It's a pleasure to meet you. Where are you from? What it your forest called? I ask because it's important and a name will make it easier to find."

He glanced to Akakios then, "I hear you're quite the author. Do you have a quill and a piece of parchment handy?" While Glyph might be a god, he was hardly infallible and did not want to forget this forest fairy's home. It was one of his wards and a strong sense of responsibility bid him at the very least note it for when he might be strong enough to do some good.

"You can? Really?" She directed at the taller one. Her voice had changed now, she no longer seemed skeptical, she was still hopeful, and now, slightly excited. She'd traveled so long and so far, hoping for something to make a change, not sure if she would discover anything. And yet here she was, with another who was sure he could help. Perhaps things were on the up.

"My forest is, was called Silaera." She said, a touch of sorrow in her voice. She'd watched over the forest for nearly her whole life, and to see it all gone heartbreaking. Although she wasn't quite sure how he could help her with just a name. Surely he would need her to lead them back?

"It's in Gaia, that's where I'm from." She nodded. Although Gaia was a large place, she'd always been content with her forest, but other had told her stories of all the things you could find there. Now, she supposed, they were all destroyed as well, just like her home.

Nissa didn't seem to mind she was being led by someone so young, she was still feeling out of sorts, and Kios had been kind and helpful to her. Plus he knew his way around, so she followed along. She listened to the taller male speak to him, her interest showing when he mentioned writing. To Kios she said, "You write? I'd love to hear something." She smiled down at him. She'd often had bards, poets wander into her forest, hoping it's beauty would aid their muse.

Akakios only nodded in answer to Glyph, at first, his full attention clearly on the fairy. He waited until she was settled, and only then did he look up at Forest. "Crys told me about you, too. Just a second..." And then he entered the teahouse proper. Akakios had learned, with experience, to carry at least a blank notebook and a pen with him, as there was no true way to know when inspiration would strike. And by the time he had found paper and pen... he might very well have lost his idea.

He came out with those two items, sitting beside Nissa again. He liked her, he decided - her wings were so pretty, and he could swear the smell of flowers and greenery still clung to her.

He started to note along, and looked out again when she spoke to him. "Hrmmmmmm..." Did he have something in there, though ? Pages started to flip, back and forth, and then... Ah, he did, but... "It's not done yet." It might have been sitting in there for awhile, forgotten - he could not remember when he had wrote that. "It's sad, though." He, at least, thought to warn her. "I only write sad things."

"Dreams long forgotten
The stars in your eyes faded
Im lost, I don't know where you are
Where are you
I miss you...

I look at the empty sky, and
I wonder, will I ever see you again
No matter how hard I look
You're not here anymore
I can't find you..."

Then, he stopped. "That's all I have." He didn't usually share incomplete writings, not to anyone that wasn't his sister, but... it was the only thing he had. And he liked Nissa.

Glyph nodded at her question, "I can, in time. The Forest of Silaera in the realm of Gaia?" He echoed the name and tucked it away, glancing at Kios as he took notes, thankful the boy was so obliging. Glyph carried no paper or pen any more and his Host's journal remained tucked with his other treasures in his quarters at the Pantheon, safe.

Glyph leaned back, hands splayed in the grass as he propped himself up and crossed his legs, bare feet dirty and soil-covered. He closed his eyes as he listened to Lament's work and smiled when it was done, letting his head loll to one side, "A very good start. I would like hear that dirge when it is finished, if you would be so kind?"

He remained silent for a moment before he sat up once more, fished in a bag and pulled out an acorn. "Everything has to start somewhere, so take this. When it grows, you'll know I've found your home and am healing it. For now, though, I must be going. I promise I'll restore Silaera -- I don't know your name. Forgive me. What is it?" He'd risen and had offered the seed when he realized that the name of the fairy had thus far eluded him. He glanced at Akakios then, "And might I steal that page of notes you took? I'll need it. In the mean time, take care of her? And if either of you need anything, my door displays the Golden Grove. You'll find shelter there if you require it." His eyes spoke of earnest intent and promises he intended to keep. Forest was no liar and wanted very much to help this newcomer but his current tasks lay incomplete as of yet and Endiovar would likely be waiting.

Nissa listened intently as Akakios recited his unfinished piece. She was impressed that one so young was able to create something that good with words, and it was not even complete. "Very pretty. It's quite sad, but I liked it. You'll read to me again once you're finished?" Nissa nodded in agreement with Forest and smiled, this young boy had helped her, and that made her glad. "I wish I could write. I was never good, I always tried to observe the poets, I had quite a lot come into my forest, and yet I was never able to understand how to craft words like them."

"Oh! I'm so sorry." The fairy blushed, she normally would have introduced herself straight away, however with her current situation her mind was not entirely in the right place. "I'm Nissa." Something clicked and before offering her hands to receive the gift she turned to Akakios. "Is he a god?" She recalled what the young boy had said about gods before, and there was something about the other that seemed, different.

"Thank you." He did smile, a little wider than usual, before carefully ripping the sheet where he had written what Nissa had said about her forest, handing it to Glyph. "I will." Of course he would take care of her ! That's what he was doing right now, right ?

"He is." He did say, before trying to look as tall as he was able. (Unfortunately for him, it still wasn't very tall). "Im a god too, you know." He didn't look offended, thankfully for her, but people tended to overlook him because he was, well... small. And certainly much more normal-looking than his siblings.

Glyph blinked as he deposited the seed in her hand and laughed, letting Kios answer the question. Bemused, he nodded his agreement with Lament, "Forest, to be precise. And he does not lie, Kios is the son of Underworld and Music, Nissa, the God of Laments." Winking at Kios, he grinned, "A very inspired domain if you ask me. Now, I must be going. Take care, hrm? Good day. I don't know how long I'll be away from the Pantheon but asking Ankou to send a crow should be enough to contact me easily."

Moving away then, he waved his farewell.

Nissa didn't quite know what to say. Gods? Both of them? The fairy was slightly overwhelmed at this new piece of information, and also perplexed. For Gods, they certainly seem godly, in fact, they didn't seem to be any different from the array of species that one could find on Gaia.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't realise!" She was quick offer an apology. She'd never encountered a god before, let alone two, so she added in a bow for good measure. She clutched the seed close, feeling incredibly honored to have been given a gift from a God. She looked up and watched him leave, "Goodbye!" she shouted as he left, feeling a burst of hope. If he was the God of Forests, then he would definitely be able to help her.

"See ya !" He called after the retreating Forest, and then focused his attention on Nissa fully, once again. "It's okay. Most people don't really think about it, because im still a kid." He pouted. Some part of him did wish others could take him a little more seriously when he had something important to saym though... the fairy seemed to be doing just that, and it made him happy.

Akakios pondered for a moment, before asking. "Do you want something to drink, or something to eat ? I know where all the best peaches are."

User Image

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
Solo in which Glyph can't find Endiovar.
Leaves message for silence and returns to working.

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
RP with Illisia - start to head to Azeroth

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets-roleplay/edel-prp-you-re-coming-with-me-right-illy-glyph/t.65719091/

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
Azeroth visit pt. 1

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets-roleplay/edel-prp-behind-door-number-one-illy-glyph/t.65736371/

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
.:: ||{...Forest Meet ...Satyr?...}|| ::.

User Image

They’d been travelling well and while their path had meandered somewhat with his changing attentions, the paths they took still cut through the thickest parts of the ancient groves with relative ease. More then once he’d marveled at the forest and danced in the leaves that were shades of gold and crimson. To be among his element buoyed his spirit up on high and reminded him of the potential yet left in the lands still scorched. Here, despite Gehenna, the groves had stood and weathered the beating and grown taller, stronger for it. Elsewhere the same could, would, happen; his nature would not let him think otherwise – the land was meant to be covered in the life-sustaining greenery of Forest, a key facet of the cycles of life.

And it was during one such break that he’d wandered off into the foothills to explore and reconnect. The narrow game trails were like arrows through the underbrush for him and he followed one that converged with others that then trailed off as it lead into a stand of trees so large and ancient, their trunks were thick and three men were tall. Walking up to one, he pressed the palm of his hand to the tree’s bark and closed his eyes, letting the beat of the community flood his senses. There were scars, tremors in the non-sound of the forest’s rhythm that echoed even so long after Gehenna but there was a bloom of growth behind it all, a steady rush of life. It was sweet upon his senses as he listened then tapped that heartbeat as the druids might. His powers were fledgling still and the forces he touched mostly a distant murmur but the threads he did call surged through him in a revitalizing wave.

How long he stood there, with his hands and cheek pressed to the tree in embrace, he did not know. Only the snap and crumble of wood dragged him from his commune with nature, severing the connection, and his concentration, with such swiftness it left Forest irate. Tossing his head in an angry gesture, he looked to the sound and found… something in the clearing that stood between three of the ancient tree, going about ripping the saplings up with a cruelly exultant expression upon its face. The tearing of the saplings stung Glyph both morally and physically. Tuned as he was, he was sentive and the sudden uprooting felt as stings across his body. Inhaling sharply as stepped forward, Glyph called a command to stop, one hand held up.

“What are you doing? Why?” He could discern no purpose but a desire to destroy and it rubbed him the wrong way. Stepping forward again, he frowned as he recognized something similar to a Satyr. Images flashed across his mind of the many forms associated with that name and confusion reigned, “Why would you do that? Stop!”

The Satyr paused in its merry making and arched up high. Standing at nearly nine feet tall, it dwarfed the irate Forest and laughed, its voice rough and filled with disdain, “Why? Why wouldn’t I? Corruption takes root more easily in a wounded land. The groves will fall and the wells will be ours.” Advancing, the satyr looked to be sizing up Glyph with the cool calmness of a seasoned combatant, “What are you? A mage of some sort? You thrum with magic like the elves do…” Curiosity flashed across the demon-tainted creature’s face and broke into a run, sensing something different about this new prey.

Glyph, realizing too late his error, backed up as the other advanced, “You would destroy life so new, ignorant of the pain it causes? “ Further words were abandoned as the Satyr charged him, forcing him to turn tail and run. He was no fighter! With no other option, really, but to flee into the thick of the forest, it twisted and turned around him to ease the path while behind the forest seemed to snag and catch and rip at the Satyr. Sprinting off into the bush with the swiftness of a startled deer, Glyph found himself pursued for some time by grunts and growls and yells of frustration as the forest worked against his assailant.

He ran for a time even after the noises fell away and stumbled onto the shore of a small lake, with a nearby abandoned shrine. A bear grunted and huffed as it stood, startled by the god’s sudden appearance and subsequent sprawling on the grass at its feet. Huffing and incredibly weary, he regarded the confused bear and sighed, “I’m no prey of yours. Just a weary god,” he waved a hand half heartedly, “Don’t mind me.”

Whuffing, the bear returned to all fours and eyed Glyph for a moment before tossing its head and moving on. Glyph couldn’t help but laugh at that – the animals held more wisdom then people gave them credit. “Be careful of the satyr!” He called after it before he turned his attentions to catching his breath and not passing out as a spell of vertigo gripped him.

Thankfully, the trip back to Illisia was uneventful and when he sprawled out on the soft grass of their makeshift encampment and demanded a break be had, it was only after some goading that he spoke of his tale. Wearing bruises from his flight and welts, like insect stings, upon his body from the pain of the uprooted saplings, he then charged Illisia with the task of informing him of the dangers as well as the wonders of the forest they travelled in so he would not be chased again. Once was quite enough.

User Image

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
The Mists of Darkshore

-where Glyph notices Illisia's mood and disappears for two days early on into the area to make something to cheer her up

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
Laugh for Me

RP with Illisia

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets-roleplay/edel-prp-laugh-for-me-illisia-xun-glyph/t.65990817/

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
Minor solo - Meditation and trying to reconnect again. Moderate success.

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
Arriving in Auberdine/Darnassus

RP with Zedre

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets-roleplay/edel-prp-home-sweet-home-illisia-glyph/t.66151139/

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
.:: ||{...Communion...}|| ::.

User Image

He’d slept soundly that night, curled in furs that smelled of cooking herbs and flowers, his back pressed against the living wood of a tree shaped into a home. His dreams were green and full of light and harmony, punctuated by the occasional bird call that drifted in through his unconscious mind from the outside. The murmurs of guards were the rumbles of wildlife.

And when he woke, he stretched with grace and very nearly rolled back into bed. The shake and rumble of the room, however, was enough to draw him fully awake. Dressing in his trousers and leaving his shirt behind – he enjoyed the crisp air against his bare skin – Glyph padded over to the window only to come face to face with one of the lumber Ancients.

Both individuals paused, recognition flashing through each of their expressions. The Ancient turned and bent a little to peer more closely at Glyph, its voice the whisper of wind through leaves and treebark as it spoke in its native tongue.
”You are the one called Glyph. We are glad to see you well, Tree-Bearer.”

Glyph smiled then and bowed his head, grateful that this treant recognized him so easily and spoke without realizing he’d slipped into a language similar the Ancients’, “And I am relieved to see you well, Guardian. Is there a gathering of Ancients nearby? I would like to speak to them – the Archdruid mentioned your sensing my presence well in advanced of our audience with the High Priestess.”

The Ancient nodded with a creak of its great limbs,
“There is. We are needed to assist the World Tree’s treatment. I am Mistheart.”

“Excellent. I’ll be down in just a minute.” In his hurry, he forgot his shirt and left it spread on the bed as he padded down the short ramp and out the door. Mistheart kneeled then and offered his hand for Glyph to step on to but the God declined, “It’s alright. I’d prefer to walk. There is much beauty here and I like to have my feet in the grass.”

Mistheart rumbled his agreement and resumed his walk in great, measure steps that Glyph had to actively work to keep up with.
”You have long been gone, Forest. There are many who would call you usurper. Be careful, gentle one, in who you embrace so openly here. This world is torn by war and grief… many take up arms over the wiser druidic arts. Some have forgotten nature’s kindness entirely.”

Glyph nodding, musing and ignoring the looks he got as he walked along, conversing in a language even the Darnassians did not know. “I’ve noticed… I was chased by a Satyr during our travels, and had to avoid centaurs who would rather kill then speak. The order is disrupted… and it has been the fault of Gehenna?”

A rush of air like a strong breeze signaled the treant’s distaste as it shook his head, sending the falls of leaves to quivering,
”Many have been corrupted. The forests are tangled. There are pockets of harmony, and the Dragonflights do what they can to help, though the Green Aspect, Ysera, is beset by the Emerald Nightmare. These problems are ages old, Wild Heart, and did preceed the disasters. Perhaps with your help, and those of your peers, order will once again be restored.”

“Ysera?” Glyph asked, his expression serious as he mulled over the other’s news, “There is so much trouble here… I cannot address it all.”

”The aspects of Creation and Life here are reigned over by the leaders of the Dragonflights, Blue, Green, Black, Red and Bronze. Ysera heads the Green Dragonflight and is responsible for guarding the growing wilds. All druids know and defer to her.” They rounded the bend and came upon a grove of rustling, shifting forms that Glyph soon realized belonged to a handful of Ancients.

They dwarfed him in size but they stepped aside as if deferring to a royal with warm expressions and words of relief or welcome. Theirs was a stately bearing, regal and wise as they made room for Glyph. Pause after he entered what had become a circle of Ancient, he turned to greet each of the treants. “I will be honest and say I do not remember these lands, nor do I possess the strength to simply will away the woes that besiege your world. I am truly sorry for that. However, I can and will do what I can to help you and the Night Elves safeguard the World Tree and the forests it supports. But… I am ignorant of the land, and I do not speak their language so I ask for your assistance, Ancients, and for your wisdom.”

Unlike a crowd of mortals, there was no murmuring at his announcements, only a sway and rush of wind through leaves as they each considered Forest’s wishes. Never one for formality, and uncomfortable with the feel of holding court this suddenly felt like, he plopped down onto the grass and waited in silence, listening to the murmuring between a few of the Ancients.

A large one, draped in oak leaves and acorns, stepped forward the play of a smile like the glitter of sunlight on a shade-dappled stream,
”You are young, yet. We can feel this and we will help. You have already touched the lands you travelled through… it is good to hear the trees’ and forests’ relief. You need only to tell us how you wish for help and we will provide it.”

He looked thoroughly relieved and grateful at that and nodded, “Thank-you. Would you guide me, then, through the history of the realm and the current state of Teldrassil? Illisia and myself meditated together in Ashenvale to achieve a similar goal. That will work here, correct?”

Mistheart nodded as he stepped forward as well, a movement echoed by the Ancients as they all closed the circle and drew nearer.
”It will.” Familiar with such acts of communion and sharing of knowledge, they stilled and a soft green glow lit at their hands as they concentrated their magics on the god.

The commotion had caught several druids’ attention and they walked in on the scene with surprise and a sense of wonder. The Ancients were guarded creatures, gentle but suspicious of outsider races. That a whole group would be communing with the stranger that many were already speaking about was reason enough for them to question their own racial bias. A young woman padded forward, to stand just outside the circle and watch as the green glows arched out and converged on Glyph in a pool of light. Grass and plants bloomed to life around him, bid to grow by the Ancients’ power.

Glyph tilted his head to the sky and let his awareness be carried by the guidance of the treants. His attention flashed across the night elves, felt by each one like the scent of wet earth and sleepy trees after a rainstorm. One staggered, having just begun her apprenticeship, he eyes wide. Whomever was at the center of the circle was, without doubt, not just a stranger or a druid… he was something more.

His thoughts intermingled with those of the Ancients and memories of woods and groves played across his mind like a movie, of the stories of long dead Ancients who assisted in the wars, of corruption run rampant and the devouring influence of demons. The history of the land was brought before Glyph in quick succession, shared and absorbed alike as he offered up his knowledge of the Pantheon and the events of Gehenna… of desert worlds and lotus ceremonies and tender, mortal moments with friends… with Illisia.

When the play of images and sensations turned away from history, the colour of thoughts turned greener as they toured him around the island Teldrassil grew from then took him across the sea back to Darkshore and showed him the Court of the Ancients… paused as they came across his work at the Master’s Glaive and then moved to hidden moonwells, run dry from a lack of celestial bodies. The land was recovering, tended by Ancients and Elves and now stirred by Glyph’s presence. His marks were subtle, small, but his efforts were pockets of renewal already seeing results under the efficient hands of druids.

The visions spun back to Teldrassil then, and dove into the essence of the tree, its mana and life snarled and scarred, choking off sustenance as surely as a noose. The efforts of the druids currently involved in healing the tree were like green threads that spun through the dulled colours of the World Tree, encouraging, enticing and just out of reach. The problem was beyond their abilities, as he’d thought, and their methods were like life support on a catatonic victim… keeping the tree alive but not prospering.

With a sigh, he indicated they turn away from the problem and instead focused on the traditions of the night elves, the culture and wisdom of the people already familiar to him. The glimpses were brief, highlighting the most important things as he began to struggled to keep up and absorb the information they were feeding him. His endurance was flagging and weariness greyed his colours, signs that did not go unnoticed.

The Ancients eased him out of the trance then, gently and carefully helping him enfold himself and collect his thoughts back into where they belonged.

The apprentice’s whispered words, ‘what is he doing?’ caught his attention before he was fully back and he turned his attention on her with a swirl of leaves and a play of wind across her skin, gentle as a lover’s kiss, learning. The girl jumped and looked around, her hand touching the side of her face where she was certain she’d felt a hand whisk by.

When he came to, he gasped then inhaled deeply and found himself slicked with sweat. For a long time, he sat there, getting his bearings as the green glow faded from around him first then, more slowly, from his eyes. He was tingling and sensitive, feeling the rush of air over branches in the woods beyond the clearing as acutely as he heard the Ancients step back and begin to disperse, their duty achieved and other chores needing tending to.

At length, he shivered and stood, running a hand through his hair as he stumbled a little from upset balance. Shaking his head, he laughed to himself, “I’d almost say I was drunk…”

“Certainly looks that way, sir.” The woman’s voice, thick with Darnassian accent cut through his frayed attention, causing him to jump and tumble over into the grass again.

“Oh! I’m sorry. I’m not, I swear.” He replied, blushing with embarrassment as he righted himself.

“We know. We saw the whole thing,” another druid had come to stand beside the other, a male this time and more advanced in his studies, “You’re the stranger everyone’s been talking about… but you’re not mortal. What are you?”

Glyph smiled as he stepped forward and swept into an unsteady bow, “Glyph. God of the Forests, Silvim Illustirre. I’m going to help the arch druid heal Teldrassil.”

The woman who spoke previous only grinned at that, “Thank Elune. Are you tired? You’re covered in sweat… you need a bath.”

He pressed a hand to his stomach and frowned, self conscious, “Ah… yes, a bath would be nice. Thank-you again.” Nodding his thanks to the woman, then the man, he cast his gaze at the girl then and met her furtive glance with a broad smile, “I don’t bite. Promise.”

User Image

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
Rp with Zedre - Visiting grave site

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets-roleplay/edel-prp-the-ghost-of-you-illisia-glyph/t.66262013/

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
Rp with Illisia - Into the Heart

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets-roleplay/edel-prp-home-sweet-home-illisia-glyph/t.66151139/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff