Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is the Journal for Edelsteine Carpediem, Manikin Vistuoso. Please do not post unless you have the expressed permission of Eftemie.

User Image

Vermillion Gekko

User Image

Ivy's Post
Navigation You are here
Carpediem Carp's post
Priscilla The host's post
Story Index A listing of the stories completed
NPCs Servants, followers & acquantenances
Areas Living Quarters and more
Dollz A listing of the dolls that Carp has made and what happens to them
Friends Reactions to others
Items Carp's belongings
Critters Carp's pets
To Do List My to do list
Artzes Artwork
Notes
Notes

User Image

News

01.13.12 Added some pictures to the front page of Pris, Alfonze, and a couple critters.
12.21.11 Down the Rabbit Hole, Pris is finished.
08.04.11 Added story listings to the index to remind myself of order.
07.09.11 Finished Tada! A Beginning.
07.25.10 Graphics and info in. First story linked in.

User Image

Vermillion Gekko

User Image

The Dollmaker

(( I copied this from my quest thread. When I'm more sure of his profile, he will get a complete one rather than this. I do not know what he will entirely be like. I like surprises. ))

Name: Carpediem, but everyone calls him Carp.
Colors: Not sure, think rich colors in antique/victorian dolls and their clothing such as blood red, porcelain white, black, deep velvet green/blue/burgundy.
Hair: Snow white, but his host's hair is black. Up to you really.
Wings: Up to Ivy. Surprise me?
Tail: Up to Ivy. Surprise me twice?
Markings: Up to Ivy, surprise me thrice?

Comments: I'm giving you attitude, not specific details. It is how I see him at this moment, but not so much what he looks like physically. The only thing I know about him is he has one leg slightly shorter than the other. He always wears a shoe that is built up to even out his ability to walk. He's not particularly athletic though he's not frail either. He may even seem a bit pasty and pale though I do not consider him an ugly god, just...rather strange and a bit creepy about his creations which he often considers his children. In the beginning he will have to cope with the body of his host who is a 7 year old female child who seems more ethereal than real.

Personality: He loves puppets, dolls, and sometimes other strange creatures, crafting each one with care and love. He is fussy about the materials he uses looking for just the right thing to use for a specific doll. He makes no two alike feeling each deserves their own uniqueness just as he is unlike anyone else, but there might be an instance where he does make a few similar if there is a reason. He dislikes being interrupted and often locks his workroom to prevent such. There are those he does like. Someone who watches and appreciates but asks few questions. He could be loyal or wary depending on how he is treated. He can definitely hold grudges against those who injure his creations or show a lack of appreciation.

Ability: I want him to be able to animate dolls/creatures he creates and set them to small tasks. Much the way a robot would continually do whatever he would tell it to, but even they have their moments of life Really don't like the word 'robot', but not sure what else to compare it to. They are living but not as an animal lives or a person lives. They would be able to think to some extent but more along the lines of following orders from someone, maybe doing it right- maybe wrong or maybe even just repetitive because that's all the doll was built for. They are not exactly mechanical. They do live and learn, but their life is not as a flesh and blood creature. They don't speak or write but they do understand.

Not sure I'm explaining it properly but think... Puppetmaster as in the movie and how the dolls acted on their own to do some things. It was due to something that brought them to life. They consciously thought and acted but whether it was a primal response within them or something more, who knows. But they still had the basic body of dolls and of being animated. If you want me to include more than just these dolls as part of him, that can be managed. Is open to suggestions...

Perhaps even a limit on how long the dolls can remain active until he gains more power back. They might need to rest just like any other normal creature. Not sure.. taking suggestions on this also...

Just some thoughts listed below on powers. Really up to Ivy on what she sees and wants them to be.

Animation: infuse some sort of life or even spirit into the dolls to make them move and do things.
Obey: make dolls obey even if not those he has created but on a lesser degree than those he brings to life personally
Sight: ability to see/hear what the doll sees, limited by the doll itself.

Question for myself as much as Ivy... what happens if flesh and bones are used in a doll? Does that change it into necromancy? Would that be considered part of this? *curious now*

Jewel's Fusing:

It is not asked for, but it doesn't matter one way or the other to Priscilla after it happens. I will most likely ask for an RP with Harmodius for her if I decide not to have the stone in the one doll she has. I was thinking a fight between children and the porcelain doll is broken. Harmodius could give her the stone afterwards. Of course, she would take the doll and eventually that is one that Carp would try fixing, so there would be a strange porcelain doll running around with a crack through its face later... ^_^;; Yes, dolls are creepy and I love it.

Stone:

The stone at first glance looks like a mask, but a second gaze finds fingers wrapped around a red eye. It is totally creepy as dolls can be and fits. The colors deep within that red are are similar to rich velvets including greens and blues as well as burgundies and black. I am quite certain it suits Carpediem.

User Image

Vermillion Gekko

User Image

User Image
This image is temporary. I have a better one I'm working on.
Name: Priscilla Turlane
Type: Human as far as I know
Hair: Long wavy black hair
Eye: Deep sapphire/nearly black blue
Skin: Porcelain pale cream, not a blemish or freckle on her
Markings: nothing.. not even a scar.
Personality: Emotionless, quiet, well-mannered
Description: She wears a long black velvet dress (frilly with some black lace like for a party) tied with a red satin obi. A wide black velvet ribbon with a rose cameo fits snugly around her neck. Her long hair is often tied loosely back into a ponytail with a red satin ribbon. Her skin is the palest cream and she's often said to have the complexion of a china doll. Her lips are red like ripe apples with delicate features and shape.

History: She lives in an old manor house that is slowly decaying around her and her servants, an old caretaker, his wife, one maid, and a tutor. Her parents went on a trip and simply vanished. Noone really knows what happened and her guardian, Dersham, is not saying. He arrived, stated he was her guardian, set the place in order, giving the others their instructions, and then left before nightfall. He does send her things from time to time, rare dolls and clothing mostly. The things sit on the shelves and in the closets gathering dust as she has little to do with them.

She can often be found sitting at her window, staring outwards, but she says little. The gardens closest to the house are as far as she wanders. The house she will wander though from time to time, but it seems to be more in the way of duty rather than a need or want of hers. It is the emptiness she is looking at. They say she has so much but she sees so little.

Her social skills are limited simply from no interaction with children her own age. She is surrounded by adults and says very little unless spoken to. She plays little unless it is a game during her daily hours of learning with the tutor. Otherwise they seem to hold no interest for her. She does have a desire to watch life happen but in the way one studies a lab rat sending them through a maze with no way out.

How she managed to survive all the things that happened, I honestly have no clue. Her manor home was finally burned to the ground while the maids ran away. Her guardian is now dead. So is her housekeeper though she does not know this for certain. She will make her way to the Pantheon with a heroic (Talencia) and find a home there temporarily with Arctang and Taj until such a time as she obtains the stone and Carp appears wanting his own room to have a workshop in.

User Image

Vermillion Gekko

User Image

Story Index

DateWIP/Title/Description/JointSolo/Page and post

____________________________Pg 3________________________

WIPHearken, that there were stars and sky again....: She watches the sky returned Joint ( 3-1 )
WIP????? : Lisana, Arc, and Pris decide on pet names and such Joint ( 3-2 )
WIPSandstone: Pris and her pet Solo ( 3-3 )
WIP???? : Getting her stone from Harmodius Joint ( 3-4 )
WIPAlfonze: Solo/Joint ( 3-5 )
WIPTitle: Solo/Joint ( 3-6 )
WIPTitle: Solo/Joint ( 3-7 )
WIPTitle: Solo/Joint ( 3-8 )
WIPTitle: Solo/Joint ( 3-9 )
WIPTitle: Solo/Joint ( 3-10 )
WIPTitle: Solo/Joint ( 3-11 )
WIPTitle: Solo/Joint ( 3-12 )
WIPTitle: Solo/Joint ( 3-13 )
WIPTitle: Solo/Joint ( 3-14 )
WIPTitle: Solo/Joint ( 3-15 )

____________________________Pg 2________________________

07.09.11Tada! A Beginning!: Priscilla is moving away from her burned out house Solo ( 2-1 )
01.13.12Down The Rabbit Hole, Priss: Priss falls down & goes boom Solo( 2-3 )
WIPIn the Hands of Trell: She gets taken by trell. Solo ( 2-4 )
WIPOn The Way Down Pt 2: The nasty goblins take her to the cultists. Solo ( 2-5 )
WIPAfraid Of The Dark?: She's locked in a cell Solo ( 2-6 )
WIPDolly, Protect Me: Reflection of her situation Solo ( 2-7 )
WIPDevious Deeds: Wizards & Salkin Joint ( 2-8 )
WIPConfrontation: They kill Zrath and save her Joint ( 2-9 )
WIPA Mad Raven: Maddie talks strangely Joint ( 2-10 )
WIPBreaking The Wizards: She watches what the adults do Joint ( 2-11 )
WIPThe Return: Back at the pantheon, she is amazed it is green Joint ( 2-12 )
WIPArc & Pris: Arctang invites her to remain with him. Joint ( 2-13 )
WIPA Home Again: Pris checks out her room and thinks about things 7 year old style Solo ( 2-14 )
WIPRune's Menagerie: Pris gets a pet dheln named Sandstone Joint ( 2-15 )

User Image

For my convenience:

[[center][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/mirshu/Carp/carp_bar02.jpg[/img]
[color=#660033][b]Title
[/b]Date/Solo/Joint
[/color][/center]

User Image

Vermillion Gekko

User Image

:: Aoidei ::

:: Heroic Mortals ::

User ImageUser Image

:: Alfonze ::

Alfonse is a mortal who attaches himself to Priscilla after seeing the miserable condition of her dresses. He likes high fashion, but that does not necessarily mean he is gay. He does like women, but he likes to see them well dressed and exciting. His personality is very flamboyant at times though he does have his quieter moments. He will even do doll dresses for Pris so that she can dress her dolls as she is.

When Pris becomes the Dollmaker, Alfonze thinks it is very fitting. She loved dolls and Carp loves dolls, and he will help him as he can. He may even take on a stronger attitude with Carp becoming the god's bodyguard and assistant. Pris has Arctang so there is no need of that for now.

User Image

:: Ravyn ::

Ravyn is a mystery. She has attached herself to Priscilla for some unknown reason. Who knows what will come of it?

User Image

Vermillion Gekko

Vermillion Gekko

Vermillion Gekko

User Image

Gods Met

Hosts Met

Others Met

User Image

Vermillion Gekko

Vermillion Gekko

User Image

User ImageUser Image

:: Sandstone ::

Sandstone is special to Priscilla.
She got him during the sky event and
he is the first live creature she has ever had.

User Image

:: ???? ::

Priscilla has not named this one yet.
She is still undecided, but she plays with him
as much as she does Sandstone. He was also
gotten during the sky event.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Vermillion Gekko

Vermillion Gekko

Vermillion Gekko

User Image

This is a link to the Quest forum of the Edelsteine Guild.
This is about people who are questing for a first or even a second or third Edelsteine.

Edelsteine Quests

Ghostlings
The Cemetery
This journal contains all my ghostlings and links to their stories.
It was easier to have one than so many when I have about 25 ghostlings, heh.
The old links are below.

Sacrifices of Ciphar
Thibault Desmarais
This journal belongs to Thibault whose life was supposedly ended by
being sacrificed to the priests of Ciphar.

Shadow Fiends
Fire Opal
This journal belongs to Rukurai, Fire Opal, and his guardian Jasamine.
Blue Goldstone
This journal belongs to Oblivion, Blue Goldstone, and his guardian Hugo A. Farnsworth.

Edelsteine
Mystery
This journal belongs to Tajnevaki, God of Mystery.
Laughter
This journal belongs to Lisana, Goddess of LaughterMortals Journal
This journal belongs to all those mortals I have at Edelsteine that follow another god.
Their RP links are listed in their posts.

Old Journals

Ghostling Journals

Going Somewhere
This journal belongs to Valkon, a vagabond yokai, and my very first ghostling. heart He is the Demigod of Creature Essences, including bones, shapes, and essences which allow him and others to change shape.

A Hawke Amongst Crows
This journal belongs to Hawke, Valkon's son, and his protagonist, Gizmo.

Give Me Dolls!
This journal belongs to Creepy Carp who is a dollmaker legion ghostling. There are many voices inside of him. Some you might even recognize.

The Magic Man
This journal belongs to Kael'thas, a World of Warcraft cosplay.

Whispers At Night
This journal belongs to Touma, an Infinite Undiscovery cosplay.

A Frosty Mourne
This journal belongs to Arthas, the Lich King, a World of Warcraft cosplay.

A Flowery Path
This journal belongs to Saranda, Kishiko, and Sting.

Daemonologie

Asmodeus
This journal belongs to Asmodeus, a Prince of Hell and his summoner Mischa.

Into The Labyrinth

Shades of Grey
This journal belongs to Saljin, a cursed elven shapeshifter from Jareth's world.

Wulfe's Twisted Winds
This journal belongs to Wulfe Fene`rin, a demon still within his orb. I'm such a slacker... sigh... but I really do have plots for him.

User Image

Vermillion Gekko

User Image

((I took this from my quest thread... just noting it here so I do not lose it.))

A Tale Of Fabric & Stitches

*Note: This is only a portion on the god himself. Not the host yet. I am still trying to see who his host is.

I could tell you that all dolls are wonderful creations decked out in lace and pearls, but that's not always so. Did you never wonder where the darker mannikins come from and why they appear every so often only to vanish? Did you think it was a trick of light played on your eyes that made you see something that was merely a glimmer? And more importantly, do they move as children quite often say they do?

This is only an excerpt of a tale that starts the way any does. It begins with a simple but extraordinary craftsman who plies his skills to bring those dolls to life. Perhaps life is not the proper word for what he does for they only have a life as in they move and act on their own. But he is the Dollmaker who brings them into being and each one uniquely its own creation.

~~~~~

He held the fabric in his hand, gently caressing the satin sheen. The darkness of it warmed his fingers though in truth there was no such within except the body heat reflected back from himself. It mattered little as his lips tilted upwards in appreciation, his eyes gleaming as he studied its movements and pushed the whiter than white hair from his eyes. In sudden exasperation, he picked up a ribbon, wrapping it around his hair, and tying it back. The length always seemed to get in the way, but he had better things to do than worry about getting it trimmed.

"Yes. I think that will do for the cloak. It will give just the proper glow. Afterall, he has his pride." he grinned suddenly to himself. "Perhaps a touch on the hat as well. Hmm... no hat I think. He wouldn't want to hide that long red hair." He laughed to himself as if at some private joke indicating that he knew more than he was saying. But as there was noone else to hear his words, he amused himself and laughed accordingly.

His fingers nimbly laid the material out flat on the table, the shears nearby. A few moments later he was cutting around the paper patterns pinned there and carefully laying the pieces out in the order he would sew them on the table. With a smile, he pinned, stitched, and pressed seams as the shorter strands of his hair slipped back around his face. Carp never noticed. His gaze was only on what he held in his hands.

His fingers nimbly turned edges under to create hems to finish the tiny clothing. The porcelain doll already wore a white loose linen shirt with long sleeves and a tie at the neck. The front was laced with a blood red ribbon. Black pants covered his legs with boots to finish the look. He had even made eyelets across the front of the boots, lacing them with black cording. His attention to detailing was impeccable and even the embroidery on the shirt was a duplicate for those worn around the world.

Holding the cape at its small shoulders, he glanced around for something to make a clasp. In a few moments, two small matching pewter buttons were stitched to either side with several strands of fine chain stretching between them. White gloves were slid onto the pale porcelain hands and he stepped back across the room to study it further. Distance often gave him an exact view of what he needed to adjust.

His step was heavy as one foot seemed to move much slower. The shoe bothered him little now and he paid it no notice. There were no others who would see and his workshop was always locked whenever he was inside or away. Only a few did he ever share his creations with and those few were others who appreciated them the way he did.

A name was extremely important as he stared at the dark eyes looking back at him. Something clever and strong resided in the gaze returned from the doll. Long red bangs crossed above the eyes with a wild length that curled to the elbows. Something dark lay in the expression there.

"A name... a name..." he mused. "It's all in the naming as much as the creating." He paced back and forth for a moment. His steps slid heavily across the floor, the heavier shoe scraping slightly as it was not entirely lifted off. "Your name must be special. You are the only one, unique, and rare."

His eyes turned back to the figure again. A tilt to his head and a narrowing of his eyes were the only indication that he had found something. His scuffing footsteps moved forward the few paces to the table. He smiled as he touched the face of the doll in front of him.

He was beautiful.

"Yes, that suits you very well. Your name is..." he said, leaning forward to whisper in the doll's ear. A breeze was never so gentle as the breath upon the porcelain, but a flash of sparkle in the eyes appeared and was gone before it was ever seen. Then Carp stepped away.

If he had done it properly, he would be magnificient.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces