Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is the Journal for Edelsteine Ankou, the Wantalon Psychopomp. Please do not post unless you have the expressed permission of Zero Dream.

User Image

Beloved Stargazer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

* Welcome to Ankou's journal ! I ask that you please never post in this journal. Growth is determined by a point system and the page number is the closest I can get to a milestone without requesting a shopowner tally. Hopefully this will wind up being an interesting read to you ! Also, please keep in mind that english is not my first language - mindless flaming of my spelling/grammar are NOT going to be appreciated, but constructive criticism sure will !

Table of Contents ~
Post 1 * Official post | Post 2 * Introduction | Post 3 * Deity | Post 4 * Host | Post 5 * Transition |
Post 6 * Relationships | Post 7 * | Tribute | Post 8 * Possessions | Post 9 * Servants | Post 10 * Followers |
Post 11 * Pets | Post 12 * Home | Post 13 * Reserve | Post 14 * Reserve | Post 15 * Closing|

Beloved Stargazer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.____{ N a m e }

Ankou, being a deity, is a man of many names, names mostly given by those who worshiped him in the past. He is often also either referred to by his "domain", his title, or simply as the wanderer.

____{ Basic Information }
date of rebirth» December 16, 2007
age» Looks in his early 20's. Beyond that, time does not matter to him.
race» Edelsteine
skintone» Light blue, very nearly white. The blue is mostly visible wherever the light isn't hitting his skin.
eye color» A deep yellow with gold pupils
hair color» Pure white

likes» Crows, quietness, wandering, learning new things, soul of the dead, children, Cosine, being busy, making a difference
dislikes» Being unsure of himself, very outwardly expressive people - not so much hate than the fact that he has no idea how to deal with them and it tends to be a little disastrous. Having to deal with too many people at once, especially mortals - again, disaster. Having no wriggle room and no freedom.

Abilities» Beckon :: Much like the pied piper of myth, Ankou is able to entrance souls to follow him, within youth power guidelines. He must keep singing, humming, or otherwise luring them with his voice to keep their attention and focus, or else the free will or obsessions of the spirits will take over once more and they will return to whatever they were doing. Ankou tends to sing when he does this, either songs he remember from his host, or just plain nonsense strung together. This power only affect the dead.

Soul Path :: Ankou is able to navigate the soul paths, shadowy passages though half-planes and links in between various worlds and the Underworld, with ease - as long as he is using one of these paths, he will know exactly where he is, where he is going, and where he will end up if he's going down to the Underworld. These passages, however, and not completely free of risk - while Ankou is completely immune to their effects, most gods would otherwise fare well, aoide and other immortals would fall ill with something similar to portal sickness if they went for too long, or too many successive trips. For mortals, these trips are often fatal, unless they are very quick ones with long rest time in between for them to recover. Ankou, for the most part, refuses to take mortals down the Paths unless there is no other choice.

What body ? :: Ankou is able to take others into out of body experiences, much like the concept of walking the astral plane, and have them follow him to places that would normally either be hard to reach, or hazardous to go though. He can affect 12 beings at the same time, and they do not need to all be going at the same place. This can only last for 3 days before the body would automatically call the soul back - as long as the former has not been destroyed/killed, the latter will find it's way back.

____{ Personality }
Generally laid-back and an eternal wanderer, Ankou is always on the move, more than willing to be wherever he needs to be, much more so a doer than a thinker. There seems to be little method to his madness on the surface, as he simply does what he wants to when he wants to for the most part, with little warning beforehand. Ankou remains closely guarded unless he is around his family, his love or his closest friends, the only ones who truly get to see the full extent of what he is, rather than merely the surface he will willing to show the world. He is rather socially awkward and while he does mean well most of time, his comments and expressions are sometime misinterpreted by others, and he feels difficulty connecting to most others on a purely emotional level - especially so with mortals. He is very much someone who prefers the company of a selected few rather than being the center of attention in a crowd.

Ankou is trustworthy and rather loyal, both to his ideals and the few that are close to him. Once he agrees to something, he will see it done no matter what, and he is rather impulsive and restless, a bit eccentric and always fidgeting a bit if he is required to stay still. Has a soft spot for the souls of the dead and children in general. He is a bit prideful, but will deny it if confronted. He is also very, very stubborn, and while he does seem to easily accept weakness in others (and take on the role of protector if needed), he will simply not tolerate it in himself, and he will try to hide it even if it is evident.

____{ Physical Attributes }
Having grown into his proper self once more, Ankou is very different than how he used to be, and it can be hard to recognize him. His wings are one of the only thing that would allow others to draw the connection - they remained much the same, though a third pair had emerged and all three are much longer. He is now able to fly, though exactly how remains a mystery. For the most part his wings kept their coloration, save from being tinted in a soft blue glow where they emerge from his back. His eyes, while the color has darkened slightly, remain similar enough to draw a connection.

As for the rest of his appearance, it has changed drastically. His skin is now a very pale blue, almost white, and his hair has lost both hue they had taken upon his morphing to settle to a pure, snow white. It is rather fine and soft, with two long bangs in the front while the back is short. His build remained mostly the same, but he has grown a bit latter in the changes, reaching 6'.

Beloved Stargazer

Adrian was an only child - born from an human mother and a fire elemental father. His mother eventually married another man, the one Adrian called father, when he was 3 years old. Adrian has no knowledge of his biological father and has no urge to seek him out.His mother, being pretty rich, made sure he got the education he needed to control his power over fire. Overall, his life went without too much problems - growing up, teenage mistakes, and so forth. Eventually he settled down with Lyla, a girl he had met in the academy, and there was plans of him moving in with her until things finally took a turn for the worse.

As Creation made place for Destruction, the world started a decent into chaos. His parents lost everything in a fire, and the family was all taken into Lyla's apartment - Adrian selling most of what he had in order to try to afford something bigger. He managed to get by, in between a few odd jobs and some looting, but eventually, when he was out, both his parents and Lyra had been murdered, and whatever they had managed to gather looted. The event is fairly recent, so the pain has not quite dulled yet. For the first time, he was alone, in a chaotic and harsh world, and was completely lost. His first contact with the gods came in the form of Melanctha, the goddess of shadow - he became Ankou's host quite forcefully soon afterward. In despite some awkwardness due to the forced joining, the two at the very least respected each other. Adrian willingly demanded to be extinguished, refusing to live a "life" consisting only of watching someone puppet what was once his - and Ankou, in the end, held onto his promise.

Beloved Stargazer

Jewel »

Morph »
Uncerted :: Port

Youth »
Uncerted :: Port

Beloved Stargazer

The Pantheon
Harmodius, Creation/Destruction You have been recalled... Reborn... Remade. It is rather odd to think about, and while the direct consequences may have been adverted, I fear the problem is still at large. I will do my part in all this, and willingly.
Lucius, Universe We... were too late for you. I am sorry.
Gianfar, Knowledge I have yet to see him face to face, but the information he has provided was very useful. I need to seek him out and thank him.
Byrne, Rebirth Little firebird... I wish to see you again, when you return. Perhaps my words will be less awkward, then.
Eamnonn, Hunt Mostly quiet, through it may have been due to the times in which we met. I know little of him, but admire him nonetheless.
Beryl, Wind You where kind to my host, lady Wind, in despite his lack of manners - for this I am thankful. I should probably seek you out and see how you fare.
Melanctha, Shadow The lady of Shadows had taken a very deep interest in my host, to the point where I was honestly surprised to see her let him go so easily. He is all but gone now, following his own wishes - and yet she seems nowhere to be found. I thought you would keep a close eye on us... Perhaps I was wrong.
Morpheus, Dream ...
Kaelin, Water While you and my host where definitively... close... I, personally, do not know what to make of you just yet. Wild like a raging torrent one second then calm the next. It would seem fitting for you, but how much was from our Lord's mark, and how much had been truly yours ?
Revei, Dream ...
Illumin, Light I am glad to have been able to aid you, for what little I could manage to do. Hopefully you fare well.
Khiviance, Love ...
Lisana, Laughter ...
Evadne, Mountains ...
Echo, Music : She is finally starting to realize her own strength, to take her own place in this world - for that, I am glad. My brother has chosen well.
Panacea, Medicine I had heard of you, but never seen you. It seems you have been gone years before my stone ever came to be, trapped in space. The current lack of sky cannot help your return.
Tilion, Lunar ...
Kishara, Gaia ...
Calico, Insanity ...
Nergal, Underworld Brother. Closer than any other - we argue, sometimes, and we may now always see eye to eye, but I will always be here for you, when you need me. Be well, and don't overdo yourself - I will join you as soon as I can.
Desiderio, Love ...
Sh'khin, Plague ...
Halhigil, Assassination ...
Melanthos, War ...
Itztlac, Night ...
Karaskis, Fire Fire is definitively very efficient - more prone to action, much like I am. She would be a close... friend ? I must admit the concept is, perhaps... still a bit new to me.
Gadriel, Deception ...
Endiovar, Silence ...
Lucidique, Suffering ...
Tien, Trickery ...
Jahara, Poison ...
Phaedra, Greed ...How embarrassing. This better not become a wildly known event, but I doubt you will restrain from using this somehow. You where able to manipulate him so easily while emboldened by the unraveling - do not expect me to go just as easily.
Chari, Charity ...
Cosine, Numbers Cosine... She is quite something indeed. I find myself longing for her presence at the oddest times - to hear her voice, see her smile, to exchange jokes back and forth, to just be in her presence. Everything seems so easy, yet so complicated when she is around. I love you deeply, and I hope that you know it, in spite of my difficulties in showing so.
Arctang, Numbers ...
Neva, Winter ...
Dagny, Science ...
Tista, Chance He was quite... childish ? If one could put it nicely. He will learn, in time...
Eid, Oaths I know surprisingly little of you, keeping in mind the time I have spent around your host. I hope you and he are well.
Umbra, Shadow ...
Tajnevaki, Mystery He seems to be often at Karaskis' side... Another couple, perhaps ? Mystery is, fittingly, quite mysterious. He either cannot or will not talk, which adds another layer of mystery to him.
Glaucon, Judgement I have seen you only once, and only in quick passing - therefore I cannot really say much yet.
Glyph, Forest I did not get to talk to you much, as well, due to circumstances. I was glad to have a part in your endeavor - not matter how little my involvement wound up being.
Bazyli, Famine ...
Alazne, Arcane ...
Alecto, Anger ...
Ashanti, Desert ...
Kyrjadis, Justice ...
Kikechum, Animals ...
Eliade, Shapeshifting ...

The New Gods
Tera Ilana, Archery Wind's daughter - a sweet child, from what little I could see through Adrian's eyes.
Caolan, Suffocation ...
Lacrymosa, Grief If one would have told me I would eventually be an uncle, I would probably have laughed. But it seems indeed to be what I am. I see much of your mother's grace in you - it seems being blind won't be enough to hold you down, which is a good thing indeed.
Sotiris, Guardian Your antics are quite amusing, but I must admit to be glad I am not your father - I would hate to have to take responsibility for your mischief, little guardian.
Akakios, Lament Curiosity and shyness personified, it seems, but far from truly naive. He knows and understands more than he himself realizes.
Una, River ...
Nixie, Rain ...

The Dragon Kings
Xuan Yi, Qian Lung ...
Li Shing, Chien Tang ...
Zhijian, Ying Long ...
Tian Yue, Tien Lung It would have surprised me not to see His Dragons soar in the skies... I am glad to hear you are well, and ascended at that - I cannot help but envy you, a little. We seem to have become friends, and I welcome such.
Jin Huang, Futs-Lung ...
Xia Lu Ling, Yu Five Claws ...
Xun Jiang, Ti Lung ...
Shuo Huang Zhe, Mang ...
Zha Shan, Shen Lung ...

Beloved Stargazer

____{ Works of Glory }

The World Ends With No One » (Pixel Edits / TWEWY Base)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

To Crown A King » (Story Arc / Photoshop Itemwork)
____Here

Show Me Love » (CG Ilustration)

My Little Pwny » (My pretty ponies are still pretty, thanks)

____{ Fanart }

Morph »
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Youth »

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

____{ Music box }
This is a list of songs that, in my mind, could be considered as Ankou's image/theme songs. They might be used for posts eventually, but they are simply listed there if someone might wonder what I might be listening to while writing for him.

Muse»Butterflies & Hurricanes
Muse»Invincible
L'Arc~En~Ciel»Spirit Dreams Inside
Coldplay»Viva la Vida
Bump Of Chicken»Karma

Beloved Stargazer

1. One of the few objects of value Adrian has salvalged from his looted home - he himself looted it from a museum and had intended to sell it, but now he keeps it, as it is the only thing he has left. The more time pass, the less willing he becomes to get rid of it... Turns out this is actually Ankou's wand.

2. ...An urn ? Of Souls ? Nergal must have had something to do with this o_O;

4. A Magatama, gift from Nergal. Ankou always wears it on a leather cord.

5. Another something that never leave Ankou's neck for very long. The glass necklace was given to him by Cosine when she returned from Baadris.

Beloved Stargazer

Jinx, the black cat : Jinx is your typical cat - fast, agile, made of soft purring and sharp claws, and enjoys attention and praise. She has a sharp, keen sense of detail, and tends to end her sentence in cat-like meows. It does not seem like something she can control, and neither does she minds. She is the soft, female presence when her lord needs company, and the raging amazon when he is threatened, and she is loyal to the death to him. However, as her name says, she can be quite... clumsy in every day tasks, often resulting in hilarious situations. She clearly was a fighter instead of a temple servant, and Ankou's confident, at the very least in the past.

Anima : In despite all appearances, Anima is a no-nonsense woman, highly focused and highly devoted. What rank she held in the past is, as of now, unknown and forgotten by all but perhaps her, but at the moment, being finally reunited with her lord is joy enough. The logical equivalent to Jinx's instinct, the two can become quite fearsome when they work together toward one goal.

Beloved Stargazer

Valkyries. Chooser of the slain. Once nearly innumerable, their very direct relation to the god they had served had made it so that each and every of these aoidei, all female, died in the wake of their leader, Ankou. Therefore returned to the cycle of life and death, they were reborn, as mortals, lived their lives, and died, over and over. The only thing that remained to them was their innate sight of the dead - most powerful oracles and mediums of ages past were, in fact, reborn valkyries.

All these uncontrolled reincarnations left the valkyries' essence more and more eroded with each new life, to the point where they became undistinguishable from mortals by most eyes. Ankou, however, can feel them and - now that all trace of his mortal host is faded and his power is mostly returned - can awaken the only part of them that remains - their very core, their names and what remains of their memories. They remain mortal, and cannot re-assent to become the aoidei they used to be - and it is unknown if Ankou will ever be able to re-awaken them completely. Still, they are beloved to the god they once served, and thus hold high rank, such as eventual priestesses, and their opinion holds perhaps the most weight in Ankou's decision after his own.

Upon reawakening, most valkyries get inkwork done, a tattoo of one single black wing somewhere on their body. This practice was started by Lenneth who, as the first re-awakened valkyrie, remains the unspoken leader.

Lenneth (Hrist) was the leader of the valkyries of old, and the first re-awakened valkyrie. She met Ankou by pure chance, the day Universe died, and he could not shake that there was something important about her. Having lost most of her family to Gehenna, she decided to follow the god to the safety of the pantheon, allowing him to keep a close eye on her. It was only upon his full rebirth that he recognized her as she was - a valkyrie - and was able to to do something about. Lenneth accepted her role and her memories of Hrist with open arms, as she had nothing else to go back to. Lenneth is a curious, inquisitive, and warm young woman, though her re-awakening altered her slightly - she haws developed leader qualities she did not have beforehand, as well as base skill with the spear, and is now being trained by Jinx. Her tattoo rests on her upper left arm, and is often left easily seen by all.

Beloved Stargazer

Athanasius : One of Aria and Falada's foals, who managed to grow to adulthood in despite being born in the mist of a near-apocalypse. While young, the errais is rather calm and even-temped, and, as his parents have, will likely seek a god to serve in the future...

1. Thabara
2. Zero Dream

3. Tisiphone
4. Demon_Pachabel
5. Kaiyumi
6. Safaia
7. Prolixity
8. Lithia_Brandon
9. Ithiltari
10. Nessariah
11. Naien Haigara
12. iStoleYurVamps
13. Zee_Oddwyn
14. Lady_Ourania
15. Huni Pi
16. Aqua Drageen
17. Shibrogane
18. midnight_medea
19. Nio Love
20. Sherlock Complex

Army Size : ???
((17/100 Pre-Paid Plushies claimed))

Beloved Stargazer

(from left to right - Skieborne, Vesale))

Ankou does not keep any pets in the true sense of the word - but there are the crows. No matter where he is, there always seem to be crows nearby, with some being bold enough to perch of the god himself. These are still untamed creatures, though they will listen to him if he asks something of them. He also seems to be able to understand them - perhaps the result of a long forgotten alliance/exchange with the Animals deities. In mythology and folklore as a whole, crows tend to be symbolic more of the spiritual aspect of death, or the transition of the spirit into the afterlife; the legends prove to be true in this case. as crows also tend to flock where there are higher concentrations of ghosts. He remember nothing of it, and does not question it. He cares for the black birds more than anyone else might think - even going so far as to ask Glyph to allow them space to build nests, as his own attempts to aid the climbing of their numbers post-gehenna had failed.

Beloved Stargazer

The rooms of the Spirit Guide in the Pantheon lay behind the door that is marked with a field of forgive-me-not, over which flies a crow and a vulture, each with a burning candle. It is quite a bit larger than the space in between the doors in the outside hall would indicate. It has been re-organized recently (not yet icly, though ! here's the old one if you need to refer to it) to better fit the needs of those who live within.

* The door leads directly to large hallway, which leads directly to the common room. The common room is rather large, and serves as a relaxation space, a dining room and a kitchen all in one for the multiple occupants. The furniture is now new and matching dark wood. The common room, as well as every room in this space, have a dark hard wood floor as well.

* There are now more rooms reserved for the aoidei - Jinx and Anima are no longer sharing, and each of Cosine's aoidei now have their own space.

* The most noticeable thing was that the layout basically flipped - the balcony now connects to the common room, rather than the master bedroom, making it more accessible by anyone, and providing more natural light, whenever such a thing will actually return.

* The bedroom is now the second largest room, though still rather large in size. It is restricted sorely to Ankou and Cosine unless the aoidei are allowed in. It processes a rather large bed, as well as some bookshelves.

* Ankou and Cosine now both have a space all of their own. Cosine has her office, and Ankou has a side room to do carving and... whatever else in.

* Leading outside, there is a balcony, with a large glass door acting as both door and the biggest window all three top rooms, with curtains. On the side of the balcony there are small encolves and perchs made of scrap woods for crows to perch at, and nest.

Beloved Stargazer

(4:49:12 PM) Hyveris: ANKOU TALLY
(4:49:16 PM) Hyveris: JOINT SOLO
(4:49:24 PM) Hyveris: 70 65
(4:49:31 PM) Hyveris: Pass morph to Youth evolution

((page 9 post 8 ))

Beloved Stargazer

Rules ~
* Follow the gaia rules, first of all, and please follow the guidelines below. I don't like to have to bother moderators to delete posts.
* Please do not post, ever. If you wish to drop in a gift, pm me. If you want to ask for rp, either poke me in the Edel thread and pm me. Seriously. All the posts in this journal should be my own.
* I have no issue rping Adrian/Ankou with potential hosts, or potential followers characters. Poke me~
* Please don't use out of character info unless your character knows it in character !
* Do not ask/beg for/offer to buy Ankou, Adrian, or any character you see listed in this journal. They are not for sale.

Credit ~
* Ankou's official art is by Ivynian. All fanart will be credited to their respective artists in the fanart post.
* The character/personality of Ankou and Adrian where thought out by me. Steal, and you figure out why they call me a cactus lady. twisted
* The front page layout was largely inspired by Cerena's. ILU <3
* Most of the brushes used in the banners come from Obsidian Dawn, Angelic Trust and Veredgf. Those who don't mostly where on my folders since 2-3 computers ago and I cannot seem to track down their origins - if you do, please make me aware of this so that I may give proper credit

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff