Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hmm, what was this? Stirring from her favorite spot on Zhijian's bed, Dan slid to the floor and slinked over to her brother's discovery with a little whuff. She sat in front of the god and stared, less vocal than Joss when it came to demanding food.

Recovering from his surprise, the god bowed. "It's good to see you, Ashoka, though I must admit I did not expect it." Nor did he expect her to be a mother, but, well, the same could be said about him. "You seem well."

Rio set down two of the sandwiches before the creature that must be 'Dan,' then offered one to the pardess.

"I knew Rio when he was not Rio," Ashoka answered, emphasizing his name in an attempt to clarify that he was just Rio and not Rio-Prey. People were not food, and gods especially were not food. As for picking up her spawn, she declined, and sat on the couch instead after accepting one of Rio's sandwiches. He could sit with her if he wanted; pardmentlings were too heavy to be lugged around for any significant matter of time.

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Joss regarded first his mother, then Rio, then Ashoka, then Dan...back to Rio again and finally back to Ashoka. He wasn't sure if he should be upset at having the pardess protect this Once-was-Prey-Rio person when he was so clearly meant to be eaten! "Looks like food. Tastes like candy!" But it did no good to try and argue - there was no way Ashoka would let him eat Rio-not-prey now.

With Ashoka defining Rio as Not Food, Joss lost his interest quickly in continuing to watch the adults (though he did continue to eye those pink-candied wings covetously. So good! So sticky! So awful if you got your teeth stuck in them. The pardmentling's long tail twitched, swished and thumped against Ashoka's legs before batting one big paw at his sister.

Joss began relating his story to Dan in cihld-terms; embellishing the 'hunt' and 'capture' just enough to please himself and likely bring Love some amusement.
Though she showed her brother exceedingly more tolerance than she would anyone else - apart from Ashoka, who was Mother, and Yu, who was big - Dan was only slightly less defensive of resources with him. Which is to say, she didn't actually hurt him; she just turned and snapped with a noisily offended growl: an unmistakable back off. She continued to eye him suspiciously as she wolfed down the food, grumbling all the while in case he forgot.

Once the sandwiches were gone, all the aggression went out of her, and she flopped down to listen to her brother's story...and subsequently set to staring at the god's wings. If they were food, she wanted those too.

Fortunately, Rio caught on quickly, snapping off and breaking up two small pinions - half set down for one pardmentling, half for the other. Far enough apart there would be no squabbles, he hoped. Joss and Dan were cute, but definitely not to be underestimated.

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Joss waited until Dan was done wolfing the food down - he was mostly full and didn't really want to take what she was eating (though his nature insisted that he continue to eyeball it as though he would reach and take it at any moment should she stop growling).

When she was done eating they were able to sit together, chattering and then watching Rio's wings with large, hungry eyes. "See? Food-prey. Mamma is wrong." Oh. Oh! But then they both had pieces of wing-candy and that was absolutely amazing and delicious and Joss was careful to not bite down like last time. He didn't want stuck-teeth; he even warned Dan!

"Mamma, Prey makes food. How is not Prey?"
Despite her brother's warning, Dan was overeager and did get some candy wedged in her teeth. She tried to work it loose, but to no avail. How frustrating! How tricky! It was a clever, delicious trap, and she glowered accusingly at the god for a moment before Ashoka 'saved' her by extracting it from her teeth - probably the only one who could without real danger of being bitten.

"He is not prey because he makes food and he gives it to you - you do not hurt him to get it. Prey is something that you kill, that you eat all of. Well, most of." This was, obviously, an important distinction, particularly when it came to a god; Joss and Dan would probably find themselves in serious trouble if they hurt a god. "It is better to let him be alive, because he can give you food forever that way. If you make him prey, you will have him once and never again."

Though he was among the most easygoing of gods, Rio had to admit that this was more than a little uncomfortable, being spoken about as food. If Ashoka's spawn didn't listen to her, there could be problems! Especially when they were older and bigger. To emphasize the pardess' argument, he made two small boxes of chocolate, which he opened and sat down for each young creature. "See?"

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Watching Dan get the delicious trap!candy stuck in her teeth amused him very little because he could remember the brief moment of panic (and the subsequent wont to destroy Rio for tricking him!). He rubbed his head against his sister's briefly before looking from Ashoka to Rio and back a few times.

"Oooooh." Well now, that was a distinction that he could understand and live with! Rio's offer of chocolates perked Joss right up and he greedily gulped two pieces of the tasty treat before slowing down, eyes locked on Rio in case he was useful again and made them more treats. "Give Joss food forever?" His little pink tongue snaked out to catch every morsel of chocolate around his small muzzle. "Dan too?"

Maybe he wouldn't try to eat Rio. Mamma was generally right, after all...so she must be right about Rio!Was-Prey. Even so, the urge to capture, kill and eat Rio didn't entirely go away for the little pardmentling...he'd gotten it fixated in his head that Rio was to be eaten and it would take at least an hour or two for him to forget that part. The food-making, however, would stick with him much, much longer!
Dan did not trust this god with the sticky wings, but she did want him for his sweet-making abilities. She nodded, seconding Joss's demands. Chocolate and they would not eat him!

Phew! Ashoka's approach seemed to be working, which was a great relief. He didn't need what were sure to eventually be very large feline/canine hybrids stalking after him to eat him in his new life. He smiled, cheerfulness restored, and nodded. "Yes, of course. I can't make sandwiches out of nothing, I'm afraid, but I'll make you and Dan chocolate whenever I see you."

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Joss was pleased and his thick tail curled, twitched and uncurled repeatedly in a very obvious show of his pleasure; he even looked over at Ashoka to see if she approved of their decision to spare Rio's 'life'. Naturally she would be happy that they finally took her words to heart (or whatever they had that subsituted for a heart).

"Give Joss food, give Dan food." He rose up on his back legs a bit so he wasn't so small; just a little bit interested in maybe seeing what else the uh, Not-Prey could come up with. "Only chocolate? Make other foods?"
Ashoka was indeed pleased, beaming an approving smile at her spawn.

"I'm afraid chocolate is the only food I can provide," Rio admitted, hoping it wouldn't hurt his 'chances' of staying not-prey. He doubted the creatures would be interested in roses or jewelry, and they were too young and too wild for wine.

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
He contempalated this briefly, but then settled back on his haunches. "Chocolate is good." He groomed his paws for a moment, then reached his clawed-paws out at Rio again. "More!" Demanding little monster; definitely not a good idea to contemplate wine - though perhaps the liquor would have chilled them out some? Still not a good idea @__@
"As you wish," he conceded, producing another box of chocolates for each pardmentling. "Although that's all for now, I think. I should be going soon." Hopefully Joss and Dan wouldn't be entertaining ideas of keeping him 'prisoner' to supply sweets for them whenever they wanted.

prolixity's Husband

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Having his demands met so quickly by Rio-no-longer-prey pleased the wicked little ball of fur and sharp immensely, so when Rio said that he should be going, Joss didn't immediately throw a fit. He was far too busy nomming at the chocolates, but he did eye the pink-winged Love God thoughtfully before making a small, disgruntled chuffing sound.

"You come back to give Joss more." Not a question, not even remotely phrased or intoned as a question...but so long as Rio agreed, the god could head off. The Pardmentlings would allow this - and Ashoka could probably stomp the little bastards down flat if they tried to hold Rio against his will.

[I think with your post that's a wrap, unless you wanted me to bring Yu in?]

3,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
"Of course. If you're not home, I'll leave some for you." Escape time! After rising, he took and kissed Ashoka's hand with a bow before departing.

((Wrap is good - we can have Rio and Yu get together in a more current RP :3.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff