Welcome to Gaia! ::

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
"Mmm, yes. All of my siblings are Dragons." He looked thoughtful again for a moment, though was careful to keep up the scratching. Zhijian had him rather well trained; didn't matter what you were doing, a free hand was for petting.

"Most of them are larger than me," he added after a moment. Actually, all of them were, save Xia Lu Ling. It was a fact that only occasionally rankled, as he'd had a very long time to get used to the whole thing.
Enekpe giggled, but her response was sympathetic, "I know how that is. Everyone's bigger than me. It's really inconvenient sometimes. Do they step on you?"

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
"Only accidentally," he replied. And not recently, either; a brief memory of profuse apologies following one such incident in his past had flickered across the dragon's mind's eye at the pooka's question, though he was unable to tell precisely just which of his larger brothers had been so absent-minded.

"I would hope that no one has stepped on you..?"
"Not for awhile, but it happens sometimes. People trip over little things." She'd never had anyone intentionally step on her, but like most any housepet, she was occasionally subject to being in the wrong place at the wrong time, as it were. "Especially in the kitchen."

Of course, En was somewhat at fault then - she knew it was a hazard, but...food!

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
"They just need to learn to look down every once in a while," he intoned gravely, though with a bit of a sparkle of amusement in his eyes. "People so rarely pay attention to anything not directly in front of them."
"Yes!" En agreed, so very glad to have met someone who seemed to understand the trials of being small. "No one ever pays attention until I talk, and sometimes they even look around for someone else. Just because I'm a pet!"

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Jin Huang looked momentarily astonished. "Are you really?" It seemed strange to him that someone would make a sentient, speaking species into a pet, though perhaps En's race was unsuited to caring for themselves. Which was not outside the realm of possibility. "Well, even if you were a pet, they should still pay better attention." He smiled. "I suppose they simply find themselves doubting their senses."
"Yep!" she confirmed, blissfully unaware that there was anything strange about having been kept as a pet. She did feel vindicated, though, when he said they should pay better attention to her. "Hm, I guess so. It is weird to hear someone talking when you don't know where they are..."

En had been a little confused at first when k**e had started talkign to her.

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
"Well, that's certainly true enough," he said consideringly; Delmin had certainly been jumpy at first. Most people truly weren't accustomed to hearing voices, as it were.

"Your pardon, Enekpe," Jin Huang said with one last scratch of the pooka's head. "I have tasks to attend to." He stood, somewhat regretfully. It was nice to sit and do nothing of major import for a while, but the press of duties would ever beckon this dragon away from such indulgences.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff