Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enekpe raced down the Pantheon stairs with a clattering of her two front hooves, occasionally leaping over a stair or two completely; something that, it turned out, was not a brilliant idea. Having hooves in front and paws in back could sometimes lead to traction problems, which could in turn lead to falling, especially on smooth surfaces - linoleum, ice, and, as it happened, stone. The little pooka slipped and fell, and went tumbling head-over-heels down what remained of the stairs.

She continued to roll for a couple of feet once she hit the bottom, until she finally slid to a stop.

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
A slow clap began as soon as the pooka had landed safely. "I assume such a show of acrobatics was not for my benefit?" came a reply on the heels of the applause, sounding rather amused. The speaker evidently was taking it on faith that, despite appearances, Enekpe could understand and reply to his speech. Jin Huang strode over to the pooka, tail flicking idly from side to side as he stopped by her side. The dragon's elegantly tailored clothing rustled when he knelt, peering at the pooka carefully.

"Are you quite alright, though?"
Enekpe would probably have just laid there for awhile, but at the sound of applause, she raised her head to see just who had witnessed her graceful descent; fortunately, she wasn't easily embarrassed, and simply took it in stride. Head still spinning, she blinked her amber eyes until the tailed man came into focus.

"I think so," she answered, proceeding to perform a cursory check of herself to make sure of that assumption. She had all her pieces, k**e included, so...no harm done!

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Jin Huang watched as she checked herself over, not bothering to hide his definite amusement. She was rather (and this pained him to think it) cute, so surely she must be...ah. His sharp eyes caught the telltale gleam of a gem set into her tiny chest. "That is good to hear," he intoned gravely. "It would not do for harm to befall one in these halls. Especially one chosen to bear a god," the dragon finished. He bowed his head to the little pooka then, a gesture of respect to both her and her diety.

"I am Jin Huang, the Dragon King Futs Lung," he introduced himself, standing after a moment. It might be easier to talk to her at that level, but it was damned uncomfortable for his knees!
"Really?" The little creature tilted her head curiously. "You're a lot smaller than Tian Yue!"

En didn't mind when he decided to stand; she was quite used to talking to people from way down here. The easiest was when someone sat, or - better yet - picked her up, but she was okay with talking up at the god. "I'm Enekpe," she said, "And she's Kikechum, Goddess of Animals."

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
"I...what?" he replied, looking slightly bemused. "I suppose I am." Jin Huang made a movement towards the nearby raised platform, then stopped. "Would it be easier if I carried you?" he asked politely. Apparently he wanted to speak further with the pooka, as well as being rather stuffily courteous.

"A pleasure to meet you both." He nodded his head once more and privately considered that the goddess had chosen a rather apt host for her rebirth.
"Yes," she confirmed immediately, with a wag of her short tail. Not only was it easier, she liked being carried, because she liked to be close to people. And besides, once someone had picked her up, it followed that they would probably pet her, as well. How could anyone not pet something so cute?

"He almost squished me," Enekpe then continued on the subject of the larger Dragon, "But he saw me." A pause. "I'm not sure how."

Maybe because his eyes were big too, so they saw more? Hmm.

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
As soon as permission was granted, Jin Huang easily but carefully picked the small pooka up. It was only a few strides for the dragon to reach the platform he'd been moving towards, and Enekpe was deposited there with only a quick, reassuring, pat on the head. It seemed that this dragon was not to be counted on for pettings.

"He's very good at seeing things," Jin Huang said thoughtfully, looking down at the creature next to him. It did seem rather improbable that Tian Yue had been able to spot such a small thing in his much larger dragon form (which had to be what she was speaking of), but it had clearly happened, and that was that. "Even very small things," he added in a lighter tone, a quick grin flashing across his face.

"Have you been long at the Pantheon?" the dragon asked, politely curious. He had been coming here more regularly of late, but the pooka was someone entirely new to him. Not that that meant much, of course.
That was...that never happened! He didn't pet her! Not really, anyway. She was visibly disappointed, her frayed ears falling sadly. Maybe he just hadn't realized that she wanted to be petted? Trying for a more subtle approach, she bent her head and scratched an ear with one of her hind paws.

Usually when someone saw her scratch an itch, they took it upon themselves to help. "A few days," she said, "I think. Something like that."

She didn't really pay much attention.

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Jin Huang rippled a shrug at her uncertainty regarding the nature of time. It wasn't really something he was overly concerned about, simply one of a limited number of topics he could think of to engage in polite conversation about. "Are you sure you're alright?" he asked once he saw En begin to scratch at her ear.

Failure to get a clue, check.
"I itch," she answered, simply and plaintively. Not that she really did, but...well, now that she was thinking about it, it sort of made her itch! Haha.

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
"Oh," he said simply, before reaching a hand over to the pooka. "If you don't mind?" Jin Huang asked dryly as he flexed his fingers for a moment to show off the almost claw-like fingernails. "I think I might be able to be of some assitance."
Hooray! Jin Huang took the hint at last, and Enekpe replied with an obviously delighted, "Of course not!" And it looked like he had really good fingers for scratching, too! The pooka tilted her head to offer him the supposedly-itchy spot. "I love a good scratch."

Maybe making that known too would prompt him to keep scratching rather than give her just a brief scritch.

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Jin Huang obligingly lowered his hand and began to scratch at the spot, carefully moderating the pressure.

"So does one of my brothers," he replied musingly. "He can get rather insistent about it," the dragon continued with a short laugh.
The pooka's eyes slid half-closed in bliss, and she sighed with obvious contentment. Ooh, he really was good at that! "Is he another dragon, your brother?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff