Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Stargazer

Xun Jiang was a man dragon on a mission. He was on the lookout for his brothers. Most importantly, for the missing ones. Which, after his return, left Shen-Lung and Mang.

They had to be somewhere. It was that desire that often had Illisia wandering about (though, she would have likely gone out anyway) and, well, at least it gave Ti Lung some sense of accomplishment that he was, actually, doing something.

The druid exited the main building and headed off with no destination in mind, as she often did.
Rio, on the other hand, wasn't on the lookout for much of anything...not right this moment, anyway, although he wouldn't have minded something to do. Oh, there were godly things he could have been doing, of course, but he'd done that yesterday, and was feeling immensely pleased with himself for it. What he really wanted to do, truth be told, was socialize! It was something he hadn't done nearly enough of lately, not for his tastes. Instead, it was his daughter who'd been out meeting people, gods and hosts alike - and no one he already knew, no, but new people. Or, well, more recent additions to their prospective 'ranks.'

And he was jealous. Just a little. It was his own fault for allowing himself to sulk as he had been, a reaction he attributed to his merging with Alex. It wasn't usually in his nature to let rejection (albeit gentle and somewhat expected) get under his skin, and yet it had. And that would not do.

So now he was just sort of...wandering around outside, hoping to maybe run into someone.

Beloved Stargazer

The druid continued to walk, at a rather slow pace, hips swaying back and forth with her movements. There was an innate grace to each of her movements, as it was often the case with elven races.

She caught a look of Rio in the distance and could not help but raise a long eyebrow in slight curiosity. Those wings... come to think of it, they kind of reminded her of Adrienne's. Just a little. They looked like... candy ?
...and there was someone! Rio soon caught sight of Illisia as well, and shifted his course to head in her direction, a friendly smile on his face as he approached. He didn't yell a greeting, as that was unneccessary and a little lazy...and rude, when you didn't know who you were calling to. Once close enough for proper speaking volume, he paused and gave a slight, informal bow, the hard candy of his wings creaking faintly as they stretched behind him.

"Hello," he offered warmly.

Beloved Stargazer

It took one moment for Illisia to realize that she had actually been staring. It was hard to tell, with how her eyes were, but they were fixed onto those wings. Likewise, one ear perked up when they downright creaked. What where those ?

Thankfully, she regathered herself soon enough, and offered Love a smile. "Hello to you as well." She felt some kind of aura cling to him, much like with Glyph and every other god she had met before, and so she offered a bow.
It wasn't often that anyone bowed to Rio, servants included. Not that he minded when anyone did, but he was rarely so formal as to expect bows from others, though he bowed to others quite readily himself...especially women. It was the gentlemanly thing to do, after all.

Judging by the description Adrienne had given him of her new druid friend, Love took a guess as to this woman's identity, "Illisia, I presume...? I'm Rio."

Beloved Stargazer

Ah, so this indeed was--

....Wait, this had once been female ?

All the pink aside, there was no way Illisia would have thought that it had been the case. Her mind reeled again for another brief moment.

"That would indeed be me. I seem to be becoming famous around these parts." Weither that was a good or a bad thing, well...
Rio chuckled, his wings relaxing with another slight creak. "For good reasons, I gather from Adi. She was absolutely ecstatic when she came home after meeting you the other day."

"I'm glad to finally meet you."

Beloved Stargazer

"So am I." She offered with a smile. He seemed a bit like Glyph. More... close and accessible than what she had been taught of gods. More open and warm.

"I almost didn't want to return her." She said with a mock-pout. Testing the waters, so to speak.
Rio laughed. "I'm surprised I've been able to keep her this long, and I'm sure my luck there's going to run out sooner rather than later. I don't know if she told you, but she's looking for a god to serve, now that she's old enough."

It hadn't been all that long ago that she'd declared she would never leave, and he'd told her then, 'until someone else finds a use for a werewolf-gardener.' And he'd been right, it seemed.

Beloved Stargazer

Illisia looked a little confused at that, for a moment. But then she remembered. Maybe that was an aoide-thing ? Adi had said her... father (confusing !) was aoide, after all. And she knew that aoide serve gods.

"Well, I hope she finds someone who will match up with her well. I could see her with one of the nature-oriented ones..." Glyph, maybe ? Hmm... Perhaps this was worth replaying. She definitively wanted the little girl to end up with a friendly face, at least.

"She has such talent already. I have never seen someone learn so quickly... But then that might come with her parentage." Being the child of a deity and an immortal could certainly have an hand in all this.

It was hard to remain... traditional, perhaps, with Rio. He just had this kind of warm personality that dragged you in.
"As can I," Rio agreed with a nod, his smile gentle but proud. "She seemed very taken with Forest, but then again, he did give her a tree. It would be hard to find a faster way to her heart." He chuckled, eyes glittering with amusement. "Although she is quite fond of you, and Mang's host as well..."

"She gets it from her father, believe me. She was like a tiny Orin when she was little." Well, without the shyness.

Beloved Stargazer

The mention of Glyph did make her ears perk up a little in interest. "She did tell me all about that. She seemed to excited at having her own tree." Illisia laughed, warmly. "I hope she shows it to me soon."

For a moment, she was confused with the mention of father, but... oh, right. Love was the mother figure to Adi, she had to remind herself. That was certainly awkward. Nothing about the man that stood with her looked like he'd once been anything else but a man. The pink didn't quite count. "You certainly look nothing like a girl..." She let out, then shook her head. "Oh, sorry ! Adi just told me some things, that's all..."

She wasn't sure what she had expected, but it wasn't quite this.
"She'll be delighted to." He'd already been to see it more than once, himself.

At the next, Rio wasn't offended in the least; rather, he laughed, his eyes crinkling at the edges and his cheeks dimpling pleasantly. "Nothing to apologize for, dear. It used to be much more obvious, but I'm quite myself now."

"The facial does hair help," he added half-jokingly, stroking his beard.

Beloved Stargazer

Well, it seemed like she hadn't offended him. Whew. That would have been, well...

A bad idea to say the least.

"Certainly." Still, it was weird to think this would happen to... well, not her, not really, but her body.

"Maybe we should find somewhere to sit ?" Illisia was still pondering internally if she should do as Adi said and ask, or not. Until she decided to settle on an option, she could still do small talk, at least ?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff