Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Shapeshifter

Tien nodded, an idea forming in her mind. Hopefully it was one he would find agreeable.

"I have a proposition then. What say we get to know each other as ourselves as we are now? A clean slate, as they say." No commitments based on what was. A chance to start over and get to know him the right way.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

This time, Tian Yue's smile was larger still. "An excellent proposit- oh, listen to me. So formal." He made a face. "That's a great idea. I still - I see her in you. And I miss her terribly, and yet... I want to know you. The flickers of her in you... and you, yourself. Not who you were, but who you are."

Beloved Shapeshifter

Tien giggled, not bothering to hide it with her hand. When the giggles subsided she smiled brightly, delighted that he was open to her idea. "I've missed you too...and I'm glad you would know me."

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Tian Yue relaxed, giving Tien an almost sheepish smile. "As am I... but, come, there are other important matters to discuss. Such as what you intend to do now. The world... has changed a great deal." He sobered. "I must warn you that if you had - have - any mortal followers before Gehenna struck, they may well be damaged now. Or gone."

Beloved Shapeshifter

Followers? That man, maybe, but who knows with him.

"There is always room in everyones heart for a bit of mischief, but true followers I do not know." Tien 's wings fluttered idly. "We could always head down to the common room downstairs to chat, if you like." Perhaps it would be less awkward down there in a less private setting.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

"I am fine here, as well," Tian Yue reassured her. "But surely there are other needs that need tending? Food and drink at the very least..." He gave her a scrutinizing look. "I imagine some gods can go without once they have attained their thrones once more, but..."

Beloved Shapeshifter

"Probably a good idea." Tien hadn't thought of that until he mentioned it. "I'm sure Asherah and Gul have something stashed away." She brushed past him and opened the door, leaning against it, motioning with her hand. "After you."

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Tian Yue stood up as well, stretching a bit as he did so, before slipping through the door as directed. "If they don't, there are bounteous supplies at the Pantheon. Many mortals have come into our fold since Gehenna." A fond smile crossed his face as he thought of his own followers, and how their ranks had grown. Fairly soon, he needed to start thinking about that temple Toki kept hinting at... though the idea of building something new was simultaneously exciting and depressing.

Beloved Shapeshifter

"I'm not sure I'm quite ready to go back there just yet." Tien followed him down the stairs, doing her best to be mindful of his robes and tail. It wouldn't be very becoming to trip on them and crash headfirst into his back. "I feel like I should establish myself a bit more first, I suppose." She paused at the base of the stairs to look the room over.

It was a mostly open space with a few couches, chairs and a short table. Some of the furniture had been in fairly rough shape but it had been patched up the best that the two aoide could manage. The room was thankfully free of dust bunnies and smelled surprisingly pleasant.

Gul walked about the room lighting small oil lamps since it was getting close to dusk.

"Given the situation, I'd say they did a pretty good job." The Trickster cleared her throat, causing Gul to turn on her heel. "Where's Asherah?"

"She left some time ago, to where I do not know." Gul put the stopper in the bottle of oil. "Did you two need anything?"

The pixie-esque goddess leaned on the railing, looking over at Tian Yue. "Do you still prefer coffee or is it tea now?"

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Tian Yue laughed at the question - now that was a fond memory, and one shared only with Morgan and the goddess before him. "Either is fine, actually - though tea is a bit easier to find these days." He settled himself on one of the chairs, wincing a bit as it creaked beneath his weight.

"Oddly enough, it seems most gods treat their dwelling in the reverse," he added. "One establishes oneself, then moves away... though I will not be dwelling far from the Twin Crown's side. Not yet. Toki continues to natter on about temple this, temple that..." He shook his head with a faint grin. "Someday, he'll get his wish."

Beloved Shapeshifter

"Indeed, though it can be found for if you decide to visit again." Gul smiled softly and bowed, retreating into another room to prepare tea and other refreshments.

Tien slid onto a couch across from him, pulling her feet up and leaning over onto the arm. "If I lived there it would be too easy to find out just what I was up to." She grinned impishly. "Besides, I feel more comfortable among mortals thanan I do most of our brothers and sisters, for the moment at least."

Trickery shifted on the couch, her wings settling against her back. "I'm sure Toki will do his best to make it a grand place. He does seem to have an eye for style."

Gul returned a few moments later, setting a tray on the table between them. It contained a pot of tea, two mugs and a small bowl of freshly washed fruit. "I'll be in the kitchen if I am needed further."

"Thank you, Gul."

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

The Dragon King nodded, leaning forward to pick up the lid of the teapot and check on the brew within. "I can understand being more comfortable with mortals - yet isolation can be dangerous. We still don't know if we're truly safe yet..."

He stopped, then, with a shake of his head. "But you just woke up. Of course you don't want to contemplate moving just yet. And if the ones who incited Gehenna do return... it may be as safe to not be all in one place. More targets." He made a face and picked up the teapot to pour.

Beloved Shapeshifter

"Oh you didn't have...." Tien's voice died in her throat when he set about pouring the tea. If anything she probably should've been pouring for him, he was the guest after all.

"I wish I had been awake to help with all of that, not sure what use I could've been. Asherah told me about the ceremony it must've been beautiful." She sat up on the couch, wings fluttering idly, watching him as he poured the tea.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

"Oh, it was - but there is much to be done still. The work has only just begun." He smiled at her over his mug of tea. "There is much rebuilding to be done, of every kind imaginable. While Gehenna drove mortals to our sides, it also drove some away, and killed a great deal. The worlds may never be the same again... but then, they never are, are they?"

Beloved Shapeshifter

"Hopefully we don't all fall so far out of touch this time." Tien plucked a grape from the bowl and popped it in her mouth, watching him thoughtfully. "I'm going to keep an eye on the mortals in this town for now, as much as I can anyway. A fair bit seem like they may be my kind of folk."

A large portion of the population was made up of silver tongued merchants, general mischief makers and petty thieves. Many wandering folk also passed this way on their journeys to larger cities.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff