Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enekpe was happy - happier than she'd been in a long, long time. Although, truth be told, she wasn't actually sure how long it had been. She hadn't exactly bothered to keep track of time, which she wasn't very good at to begin with. Anyway, however long it had really been, it felt like forever! She had food and, most importantly, a safe and comfortable place to live. And a voice in her head, which was a little bit weird, but whatever! She was cool with it.

The pooka rather liked her nice voice-lady; it meant she always had someone to talk to if she wanted! After so long on her own, Enekpe appreciated that very much. What she was appreciating right this moment, however, was the wide open, grassy space outside, where she was having a delightful roll around.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Tian Yue stretched luxuriously on his balcony high above - now that his chambers had been dramatically expanded, the Dragon King had room to be within his rooms and still take dragon-shape. All it needed was the return of the sun to be perfect; the large balcony would be perfect for sunbathing then.

Sleep-sated for now, the Dragon King curled off the balcony and into the air, drifting lazily downward - or as lazily as a nine-hundred-foot-long dragon could - towards the gardens below. He was, of course, extremely careful not to land on anyone... even if they were very, very small.

Tian Yue snorted in vague surprise as he realized there was someone very, very small present; the dragon sideslipped through the air and landed delicately a good forty feet away from this new arrival. "I beg your pardon," he said, politely, his ears perking upright as he gave the new arrival a bemused look.
It was a good thing someone was paying attention, because Enekpe was not. She was much more more concerned about a stubborn itch on her back than she was about being squashed by a giant dragon. By the time she'd noticed there was just such a thing headed her way, there wasn't enough time to scuttle out of the way...but, fortunately, she didn't need to. Even as she 'eep!ed' and hopped to her feet, it had already changed course to miss her.

"...whoa." That was the biggest thing she'd ever seen. And she was used to things that were bigger than her - since that was, you know, most of the world. Still, even if it was big, it wasn't scary. Not once it talked, anyway. It was polite! Boldly curious, the pooka trotted towards the dragon, observing, "That was a close one!"

In her chest was set a smooth, bright blue jewel.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Tian Yue's ears canted further forward still, clearly amused (and a little gratified) by her reaction.

However, a moment later his eyes narrowed, then widened in astonishment no less impressive than the tiny creature's own. Was that- it was.

A host... an animal? Not that that was hugely shocking, mind, considering his brother Zhijian's own host, but it was still very much not the norm. "Greetings to you, and to the god you bear," Tian Yue said, bending down to sniff very delicately at the tiny creature, bemusement still evident in his tone. "I am the Dragon King Tian Yue. And you are...?"
Enekpe giggled. Being sniffed by someone so big tickled! Hopefully he wouldn't sniff too hard, because then she might end up his nose, and that would be gross. Maybe sort of fun, in a weird way, but gross.

"Hello, Dragon King Tian Yue. I'm Enekpe!" she answered cheerfully, "En for short. And she's k**e."

Kikechum, the goddess nudged gently, Though we all have many names, and he may not remember. Tell the Dragon that I am the Goddess of Animals.

"She's the Goddess of Animals," En added obligingly.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

"You can just call me Tian Yue," he chuckled, making sure to not knock the little creature clean over with his breathing. "Animals, is it? Be welcome to the Pantheon again, both of you."

The Dragon King was clearly charmed by Enkepe. I wish I had a camera and someone to operate it - we are quite the mismatched pair! He could have easily eaten the little thing and not even tasted her on the way down - not that he would do that, of course! "Have you been here long?"
The little pooka was quite used to charming people - and dragons counted as people if they talked, right? - and was delighted to know that it worked again. Her cute factor had been more or less rendered useless back when things had all been going wrong. Cute-and-furry translated to might-be-delicious in some minds, after all. She'd done a lot more shrieking than giggling. It was nice that no one wanted to eat her anymore.

"Just since yesterday." En was pretty sure that was yesterday, although she'd slept for what felt like a long time. Probably yesterday. Maybe.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

A very new host indeed, then. "Did you travel far to come here?" The dragon sat down, curling his tail around his feet, the fan-shaped tip twitching every so often. Enkepe looked a bit bedraggled, a little too thin around the edges; Gehenna had not been kind, and he could see the echoes of that in her form. "It must have been a difficult journey, to come here and find your goddess."
"I'm not sure," she answered. Not only was she bad at estimating times, but distance as well. She had just wandered here and there, in no particular direction and certainly with no destination in mind. "I've been walking for a long time, but I don't know how far I've gone. I wasn't really paying attention."

Though she didn't know it, she hadn't travelled far at all, but with how everything had changed, it was difficult for her to tell that.

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Tian Yue nodded. "And how did you come to find your goddess, if you don't mind my asking?"

Then, aware he was kind of interrogating the little one, he put his ears back slightly. "If you have any questions, too, you can ask me," he added, a little sheepishly.
"Well," she said, "I didn't really find her. He gave her to me, Harmodius did." Enekpe swished her fluffy tail, looking up and down the dragon's length as she spoke. He was really very pretty! She liked his scales.

Questions? The pooka thought about that for a moment. "How do you fly? You don't have any wings."

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

Tian Yue nodded again, content. She was willing, then, and not an innocent stumbled upon something and implanted by accident. Not with Creation involved.

The dragon laughed at Enkepe's own question, though he made sure to turn his head to the side so he wouldn't accidentally tumble her end-over-end with the force of his breath. "I am a god, after all - it is part of my power to fly without wings. My brother Zhijian has glorious wings, and fur as well."
What a power! Enekpe couldn't help but be a little envious. She missed flying. "I used to be able to fly," she shared, looking a little wistful, "Not very high, though. But I haven't got wings anymore, so now I can't fly at all."

Frigoris's Partner

Enduring Muse

"Would you like to, again, if your goddess agrees?" Tian Yue tilted his head the other direction, his long whiskers brushing over the grass. "Giving others the power to fly without wings - albeit temporarily - is also within my abilities. And I am not so busy at the moment that I cannot afford to spend my power to bring joy," he added, with a smile.
"Really? You can do that?" Enekpe's little eyes widened, even as the rest of her wiggled. She just couldn't help it, it was so exciting~! "Oh, I'd love to!" she exclaimed, dancing on her mismatched feet.

She didn't actually ask Kikechum, but, well, the goddess didn't mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff