Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
Glyph was out and about as usual, wandering the Pantheon's grounds and enjoying the feel of grass in his toes and the tickle of leaves against his hair when he climbed one of the fruit trees to pick an apple. It was quiet and peaceful, serene.

So much so that Glyph had chosen to take a nap beneath the apple tree he'd been taking fruit from, his ears twitching as they caught the occasional flutter of birds' wings or the calls of creatures. Hands folded in his lap and lips curled into a small smile, Forest was taking the opportunity to be near the Pantheon, outdoors, and relax. He intended to go to the Silent Forest with Endiovar in the next few days and had already gathered some supplies but was working up the courage to go say farewell to Illisia. He was... well, shy. He wondered if she'd be upset with him and had avoided going to see her for that reason, which left him restless and uncertain.

Perhaps after this he'd travel out to his Forest to gather some seeds for the trip...

Beloved Stargazer

...A dozing tree. How interesting.

Ankou had been going along his merry way, just wandering - he did not dare go far, not yet, but the urge to move and go around was ultimately too close to ignore for him. He had spotted Glyph in the distance, and came closer, slowly, nearly without a sound beyond the rustle of the grass...

And now he was right beside the other god, who hadn't moved a hair beside the flicking of ears, looking down with an amused expression.

This was usually the point where one would startle the other, but... Ankou wasn't completely certain Forest would take well to it. And if Cosine out of all people hadn't recognized him...

Instead, he knocked on the tree, lightly. "Anybody down there ?" His voice was practically dripping with amusement.

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
Glyph leaned forward when someone knocked on the tree so his horn wouldn't end up digging into the bark as he looked up... and found a stranger. Blinking, he pursed his lips and tilted his head on way then the other, "Ah... I believe I am down here...." Frowning a little, he bit his lower lip. He didn't really recognize this pale man but something about him gave Glyph reason to pause.

His ears were pricked forward, focused on the other, "I'm sorry... I didn't hear you. Did you need something?" Glyph a little more distant then usual, confused by his not-recognition.

Beloved Stargazer

Glyph's confusion wasn't as startling as Cosine's had been, or maybe it was just that he was starting to get used to the fact that no one initially made the connection. The only real connecting point was his voice, if one kept close attention, and his wings, really - and he spread them out as much as he possibly could for Forest's benefit. "You seem a little forgetful." It was hard not to be amused, a little too hard. "Would the name Ankou ring a bell ?"

Okay, he was enjoying this a little too much.

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
Glyph's eyes trailed to the puffed out wings when Ankou spread them and he quirked his lips, "An- Ankou!?" Hopping up to his feet he found himself looking at the other's chest rather then his face and sighed, disappointed. Everybody always seemed to be taller then him, "You grew... And you look a lot different! Hello my friend!" He held his arms open for a hug, smiling.

"When did that happen? I haven't seen you for some time." Glyph beamed at the Spirit Guide, shaking his head, "You sound awfully amused, though. What's going on?"

Beloved Stargazer

"It seems like I do." If even she couldn't recognize me... It was still a little embarassing to think about, and that he hadn't really expected it.

And it was impossible to say he wasn't enjoying the attention. He might just as well have preened if he'd been a bird, from his expression. He didn't go for the hug - liked his space, thank you, unless of course your name was Cosine - but he did grin, a mix of amusement and happiness. "Very recently, actually. I assure you haven't missed much."

...Had Glyph always been so short ? Or maybe his host had been that short, they'd been roughly of similar height before. Still, the sudden difference in height caught his attention immediately.

At least, it wasn't what had him so amused. "I've been hovering over you for a good five minutes. You've never heard me coming."

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
When Ankou didn't return the hug he let his arms fall to his sides once more but continued smiling, "Aah, I see. Well then, congratulations Spirit Guide~ A step closer to being yourself once more. Feel any different?"

Forest laughed, "You have? Really? At least I have an excuse! I was dozing, doesn't that count?" He pouted a little, bemused, "Though if you're going to make a habit of sneaking around, I'll have to string up bells or something as alerts. Other then turning pale as a ghost, how have you been? I keep looking for you but our paths just didn't align at all. I've missed you."

Beloved Stargazer

"Not all that much, actually." He admitted. "Wider, for the most part." There had been some slight improvement at not knocking over everything in his path. Slight. That was the only real irritation, really. He was nowhere near tall enough to have a problem with doors, especially not at the pantheon.

"I don't think that'll be necessary, really." He didn't quite laugh, but the amusement was noticeable in his voice and expression. The mental image was a bit ridiculous. That Forest had actually missed his presence, however, seemed to surprise him. But then, many things Glyph did surprised him. It was still a little bit weird to think that whenever he left, now, he'd left behind others that would miss him. "I have been gone again, for the most part. I cannot seem to stay still very long."

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
"Wider...?" How did one get wider? Ankou didn't really seem that much bulkier... Perplexed, Glyph looked the other god up and down then laughed, "I don't see how."

"Ah, I see. I have been gone frequently too. I spend most of my time outdoors now, I prefer the space the air to the confines of a building, however airy it might be." He smiled then glanced back at the Pantheon, "But... while I've got you. I've some good news. Remember the crows you put into my care? They've nested and bred, their young have recently begun to fly. Would you like to see?" He gestured towards the home of the gods.

Beloved Stargazer

"Well." Again, Ankou extended his wings to their full length - there was a third pair, and they were definitively much larger than they once had been - an impressive wingpan indeed. "That's how. I keep knocking object downs, and they bump into things... But, I figure you won't really have to worry about that." It was the Spirit Guide's turn to laugh - a more subdued chuckle compared to Forest's.

"They have ?" A pleasant surprise, indeed. "I would definitively like to, if you've got the time."

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
"I see..." He shook his head, amused, "Though I hardly think you walk around all puffed up like that. What about keeping them close at your back? Maybe just giving it a bit of time will help. And you're probably right. I don't have a use for wings, really. And I'm not too good with being disconnected from the ground. Feet in the dirt, not in the air." He looked a little sheepish as he admitted his fear of flying. Forest was most comfortable firmly grounded, thank-you.

"I do indeed have the time. C'mon." He motioned for Ankou to followed as he started off towards the Pantheon.

Beloved Stargazer

"Certainly not." The mental image... it was ridiculous. Him walking about like some kind of peacock... No, definitively not, "But I am used to move quickly without really thinking too much about it." He admitted. "It's an issue of getting used to it, and nothing more. It will get better."

Then he nodded, and followed Forest inside.

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
"I would think that's the idea." Glyph replied as he lead the way into the pantheon and up the stairs, eventually pausing before his door, "I've done a bit of remodeling since the last time I saw you - mostly because I found I am a terribly poor planner of living space." He smiled as he opened the door onto the main entrance, the fragrant grass and scent of trees lingering the air such that it seemed like walking into a forest then into a room.

There were walls, still, and steps and rooms, but the whole space was centered around a pseudo-garden area with a small pond and lined by pillars of trees. "They nest in the pillars of the Common Room. And make a habit of pinching my treasures every now and then." Glyph seemed more amused by that then annoyed, however.

Beloved Stargazer

A bit of remodeling, uh.

He had followed Glyph all the way to his rooms, but when he entered, he had to give it a pause. With rooms like this, they might just as well be outside still - he'd certainly never seen any room set like this before, and for a moment he was surprised. But then, it seemed obvious that Forest would prefer the outdoors and thus have his living quarters set to be just the same.

It did give him an idea, but... He would need to discuss it with Cosine, first, before truly giving his own makeover ideas true thought.

"Well, that's why you hide them." Ankou seemed just as amused - and familiar - with the matter, himself.

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
"It's difficult when they're clever enough to find where you've hidden them. My Aoide have had to go crow hunting several times now." Glyph laughed as he padded into the room and dug his feet into the soft grass. "Anyone in!?" He called, lifting his head to sniff at the scent of cooking. Something with cheese and vegetables... it smelled delicious.

"Seems like Aisling's in. She's a wonderful cook." He gestured to the side that the kitchen was tuck away in as he padded towards the far end, where a large graceful arch opened up onto an observation deck lined with an indoor garden, "Ah, here it is." Returning a moment later with a short step ladder, he set it at the base of a tree and gestured for Ankou to come see.

Clicking and whirring from another tree, however, indicated the presence of one of the younger crows and he laughed softly, "Made it to another tree, I see!" Pointing at the newly fledged crow, he smiled, "See? That's one of their young."

Aisling had made it to the central room by that time, wiping her hands on an apron as her hooves clicked against the stone floor then went silent as she stepped down into the grass, "Welcome home My Lord! You've brought a guest?"

"Aye. It's Ankou. Don't you recognize him?" Glyph's eyes sparkled with mischief as Aisling shook her head then disappeared under the pretense of minding the cooking.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff