Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ghouliboo's Kouhai

Territorial Friend

He was now wet, cold, smelled suspiciously like a drenched dog, and was having to deal with the furry little floox burying its wet self against his chest. Laurence Pershary was not a happy man. He could feel the tiny creature shivering miserably underneath his trench coat, and there was no way, despite his gruff attitude, that he could have just left it. Still, the tea house smelled too badly for him to stay there, and that was why he'd trudged back out into the storm, black hair plastered against his brow and dripping into his eyes.

Thunder rumbled ominously just overhead, and the creature trembled even harder.

There should be shelter in the Pantheon, some place you can rest. Shuo was rumbling anxiously. The rain did not particularly bother the dragon, but he was concerned for the floox they had rescued. Yes, rescued.

Laurence just grit his teeth and didn't even bother to respond, stumbling up the steps of the large and impressive structure to just get some semblance of a roof over his head. He was drenched, dripping from head to toe and sputtering from the cold. The entire structure was open, somehow, and whenever the wind blew, it effectively soaked him thoroughly all over again, forcing him to move deeper inside in a vain attempt to dry off.

Mang was left to worry over his host's health, knowing that if he caught a cold or grew too chilled... well, bad things could happen indeed. Someone must be around, surely they will help you. The dragon said, trying to encourage.

"Or you're full of s**t and they'll slam a door in my face for looking like a homeless vagrant." The priest said, ill-tempered. Still, he'd pick up the pace some, and eventually would call out, "Hello? Is anyone there?" Hard to make out, considering how hard his teeth were chattering.

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Jin Huang looked outside and sighed miserably. He hadn't wanted to return to his house once the storm had started; in fact, he'd already made arrangements to stay at the Pantheon when he'd been contacted about some emergency back home. Luckily, he had Huore close at hand, and now he was simply waiting for the Erras to show up so they could both make the trek back in hopefully record time. Fortunately, Huore was telepathic, which meant that Jin Huang had merely to listen for the announcement of his arrival before leaving the dubious shelter of the Pantheon's main building, which was rather ineffectual at keeping the wind at bay.

At the sound of Laurence's speech, and shouted greeting, Jin Huang turned slightly from his vantage point on the stairs. He debated ignoring the man, but Huore had just informed him that he was taking shelter near one of the tea houses until the storm died down a little more. Perhaps this rather battered looking man would provide some sort of diversion while he waited.

"Hello," he called out in reply, descending the stairs, tail ticking back and forth slowly as he eyed Laurence curiously. Despite the wind and rain still blowing through the building, Jin Huang amanged to appear tidy and unruffled, simple black clothing elegantly tailored to fit him rather perfectly. There was no embellishment to his outfit today, though a small flash of gold on his hand revealed a bit of jewelry. "Was there perhaps something or someone you were looking for? Besides a way to make this storm stop," he finished with an amused smile.

Ghouliboo's Kouhai

Territorial Friend

He stood there for what felt like hours, straining his senses just in case anyone was nearby while the wind slapped at his eyes for his impudence, threatening him to seek better shelter or else. The priest was stubborn though, trying not to shiver as the animal against his chest continued to tremble and doing his best to block out Shuo's concerned advice. The dragon was stuck in his head, not out here, so as far as Laurence cared, he could shove it.

The greeting made his head shoot up a little, his amber gaze seeming to gleam until it locked onto the dignified looking man making his way down one of the staircases to join him. More importantly, he was trying not to stare at this guy's tail.

More importantly, before he could even think to be wary, he felt the dragon practically hum with sudden delight and longing, an ache that echoed through Laurence's entire body. My brother!

"What?" He demanded through his shudders, impatiently shaking his head before focusing back on the dragon. "Uh, yeah, the storm. I w-was looking for somewhere to stay and get out of the rain--" And keep this damn, shivering rodent from clawing a hole in his chest.

Laurence hesitated very briefly before deciding just to be blunt about the whole thing. "You--are you a dragon?"

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Having finally made his slow descent to the main floor of the Pantheon, Jin Huang looked mildly irritated as the rain continued to sheet through the open walls. "You might have chosen the area behind you," he replied with a wave of one hand towards the once place on the main floor that had closed off walls. "Although I cannot speak for the long term comfort of the place."

The wind and rain made it more than passingly difficult to carry on a conversation, and so the dragon was starting to move closer to where Laurence was standing when the man blurted out hi question. Startled, the dragon stopped, brows furrowing and tail idly moving from side to side. "I am Jin Huang, the Dragon King Futs Lung, Treasurer to the Twin Crown. Who are you, and why do you ask?"

Clearly he wasn't close enough yet to sense the still gem-bound presence of one of his brothers, else...well, Jin Huang wouldn't have unbent enough to actually hug someone, but there would have been some sort of reaction if he'd noticed.

Ghouliboo's Kouhai

Territorial Friend

Amber eyes slid to their corners to take in one structures of the Pantheon almost critically, but from what he could see, it would do. Anything would, at this point. He just wanted to dry off and change his clothes--and maybe make sure the little floox got fed. To know that he was speaking to Dragon King made him uneasy, despite himself, and with a bit of reluctance, he the top of his trench coat open. The small creature squeaked in protest, and the priest shivered at the cool air, but now the gem in his chest could be easily seen.

"I... I'm host to Shuo Huang Zhe, the Dragon King Mang." He awkwardly mirrored Jin's pattern of speech. "He... recognized you as his brother." Were they really brothers? How much of the dragon was host, and how much was Futs Lung's true form? It was a little unnerving, to say the least.

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
He maintained his appearance of polite interest as Laurence opened the top of his trench coat, revealing something small and furry that squeaked, but also....something much, much more interesting. There was a brief splash of surprise on the dragon's face, but it was quickly smoothed into somewhat surprisingly genuine happiness.

"In that case, I don't think that the room behind you will do at all," he said firmly, though tempered by the small smile playing about his lips. "If you've no objection, I was on my way back to my home when the storm picked up in intensity and could easily arrange accommodations for you as well." He paused and gave the man a more thoughtful glance. "I know my brother can hear me," he continued after a moment in a more light-hearted and mischievous tone, "But if you would be so kind to relay anything he has to say to me?"

Another pause, and Jin Huang's expression softened once more. "Welcome back, brother."

Ghouliboo's Kouhai

Territorial Friend

That certainly took the priest for a loop, and though he fumbled mentally for a moment, he inclined his head roughly to show his appreciation. "Thank you." Some place warm to spend the night? He'd be stupid to say no, and Laurence may have been many things, but stupid was not--usually--one of them. His lips grew thin at the request--not at Jin, but at the soft,purring chuckle that rumbled through his head. He already had a bad feeling about this.

Tell him he looks wonderful. As stylish and commandeering as always. Tell me, how many new trinkets has he acquired already?

Laurence looked like his head was about to pop. "He thanks you," He growled through gritted teeth. "Says you look wonderful. Stylish and..." Some other ******** words, he was not going to repeat them, he swore Shuo was doing this just to make him uncomfortable. "Something about trinkets and you."

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Jin Huang nodded graciously at Laurence's thanks. It was really the least he could do, under the circumstances. While he would have offered the man the comforts of his quarters within the Pantheon, those were undergoing a bit of construction. An entirely unnecessary undertaking, since they had been imbued by Creation with magic capable of shaping the interior with a thought, but it gave the demons something to do. Which consequently left fewer of them underfoot.

At Laurence's next words, the dragon pressed a finger against his mouth in order to stifle a laugh. That would probably not go over well, as he seemed somewhat touchy. He did manage to look appropriately pleased at the compliments. "I have a very good tailor," he commented after a moment to get himself back under control, preening a little bit. The mention of trinkets cause his brow to wrinkle slightly. Too bad Laurence seemed disinclined to accurately relay his brother's words!

"I have located some small items," he replied diffidently. "Nothing so grand as the hoards of old."

Ghouliboo's Kouhai

Territorial Friend

Dragons had tailors? Laurence managed to keep his face from arranging into a more skeptical expression, and offered a respectful nod in hopes that it would be a satisfying response. The last thing he wanted was to offend a god--and Shuo's brother, to boot. He did note that preen, however, and quietly thought to himself that this Jin Huang was a pompous son of a b***h.

He'll get there. Jin is the Treasurer of the Twin Crown for a reason. Shuo sounded pleased, as though he was confiding in his host.

"Shuo has no doubt that you'll fix that soon enough." He murmured, wishing awkwardly that the two dragons could simply speak to one another without him having to act as a translator. "I don't mean to come off as rude or ignorant, but what does God need with treasure?" he asked, his brows furrowing.

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
A dismissive hand wave was all the response to the comment about restoring his treasure really deserved, in Jin Huang's opinion. Of course he would.

At Laurence's question, the dragon arched an eyebrow. "You mean Harmodius?" He pursed his lips in thought for a moment. "It's not so much that He needs the treasure," he replied, slowly. "The items are often a spontaneous offering, or, to put it crudely, a bribe to sway Him." Jin Huang shrugged one shoulder; it was all the same to him, truly. "Are you familiar with the concept of tithing? It's broadly similar."

Ghouliboo's Kouhai

Territorial Friend

"Oh." That was a simple enough explanation, he guessed. It didn't mean that Laurence had to like it, per say, but... well, men often worked in materials. What they saw as a tribute, God accepted as a measure of a faith, and it probably spoke volumes for them to voluntarily give up so much wealth.

Harmodius wouldn't care so much about treasure, wouldn't He?

"So you keep track of all these... tithes."

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Jin Huang did not often think about what he did for the Crown, and why, so the man's question was an interesting one. Perhaps in this new Age, his role would be different. That would be something to think about, certainly.

In the meantime, however, there was a mortal in front of him asking questions. "In a manner of speaking, yes. I have charge of the Treasury, though I do not do all of that work alone." He tilted his head to the side briefly as Huore announced his arrival outside. "Ah," the dragon said, waving one hand towards the entrance. "Our transportation awaits." He looked at Laurence and offered a small smile. "I do hope you know how to ride a horse."

Tsunake
omg do you know how hard it is to do replies on a ******** ipad kill me now.

Ghouliboo's Kouhai

Territorial Friend

The priest nodded, slow, uncertain, but accepting. He supposed that gods would have people who served them, as did the Dragon Kings. All of them working together to serve Harmodius. He'd seen what had happened when that balance fell apart, after all, and a shudder wracked his spine that had nothing to do with the rain.

His eyes narrowed silently at that. He'd heard no... well, no real sound of anything. Guess it'd be hard to, with the rain. Of course, then Jin mentioned a horse, and Laurence felt his face slacken. He'd never ridden before in his life. Now the dragon was telling him he'd have to learn, in the rain?

Nearly chewing off the tip of his tongue, the man only bobbed his head in something that could be taken as a nod. Just wonderful.

Ithiltari
Why do you do this to yourself, omg. Also, do you want to have it fade off here soon? YAY WE ALMOST COMPLETED AND RP OMG.

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
The dragon quicker another smile, this one much more amused, at the priest's reaction. Ah well. It was probably a good thing that Huore was not precisely a horse, and was capable of adjusting himself to an inexperienced rider. "Don't worry," he said smoothly, "You won't fall off." Which that..reassuring comment, Jin Huang led the way outside, to where Huore waited.

"The story's lifted slightly, but it could get worse again without notice," he commented after they mounted, made easier by the Errais' assistance. "So I do apologize for how rough this ride will be."

Tsunake
because I'm inSAYAIN. >> /sandwich. Anyway, wrap here sounds good to me! Must rp the silly dragons moar tho. :>

Ghouliboo's Kouhai

Territorial Friend

Indignation flooded his system before he could stop himself, and Laurence found himself opening his mouth even as Jin stepped past without even a glance. Fall off? Like hell. He was probably going to fall on his face and get stomped to death, if he was lucky.

He'd never quite seen a horse like this one before, and he gingerly, awkwardly pulled himself onto the animal's back. He was going to do what he could to not grab hold of Jin.

"S'fine." It was a mutter, and Laurence was using all of his willpower to keep from cursing.

This wasn't going to be fun.

Ithiltari
YAIS PLZ. Need all the draggins.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out