Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Shade

11,900 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I read because so many things can be talked about in fiction while also not talking about it. So many things can be drawn from books that apply to real life.

I also read in hopes to find other characters that are like myself in terms of identity. It's hard to find asexual characters or agenda characters, even rarer if both. I'm not even sure if a ace agender character even exists within the cannon of a published novel.

I read to escape to glorious adventures with likeable characters to whom I can relate to and pass on the glorious adventure to someone else who might like too.

Brainy Genius

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Because I love to use my fantasy and imagine the characters, the situations and the scenery. And it's a great fun to read a book. smile
It's what schools can't teach you.

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
There are many reasons why I enjoy reading, from distressing to the thrill of getting lost in another world and experiencing a different life

Dapper Explorer

I read to expand my horizons. And to have the book bring me into another world, just for a bit.
I read so I can pick up more ideas for my own creative endeavors.
I read because there are worse things I could be doing for my mind than reading.
I read because I've been a voracious reader since I was a child.

PocketFoxo's Husbando

norakun91
Because its entertaining.

This, and I feel like it makes me a better writer. Read a lot, write a lot, as they say.

Zphal's Wife

Shy Conversationalist

So many reasons. I've always loved reading. I've always loved getting lost in new worlds. And now that I'm a mom reading is my quiet "me" time.

Wheezing Fatcat

5,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
It's entertaining and it's a great distraction. It keeps me from being stressed and from having anxiety attacks. Also, I feel like I'm living another life and it's nice.

Astral Fairy

18,050 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Takes me to a better place, exercises my imagination, and strengthens my vocabulary and english skills.

Romantic Loverboy

9,250 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
I like getting away from myself and my own problems for a little while.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I read a lot when I was little because I didn't have very many friends. And I've read a lot ever since to experience friendship and love and family that often wasn't present in my life. For entertainment, for fun, for improving myself. Why wouldn't I read should be the question.

Barking Kitten

Because it's a nice step away from the melancholy and disappointments of reality.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Azure Kotori
Because it's a nice step away from the melancholy and disappointments of reality.

nicely said.

Dangerous Regular

18,825 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
lividdarkangel800
what about reading makes it appeal to you? i love being able to get lost in another world, even if only for a little bit. not being reliant on electricity is also awesome.

so tell me gaians: why do you read?

Same for me. I also just really enjoy it. Nothing like a good book. But, when I read I'm there. 3nodding

Hilarious Ladykiller

To escape my own reality

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas