Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
what about reading makes it appeal to you? i love being able to get lost in another world, even if only for a little bit. not being reliant on electricity is also awesome.

so tell me gaians: why do you read?

Friendly Lover

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Because its entertaining.

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
It's really fun reading because you can go into a different time and just lost in the characters. I love reading books that have difficult words so I get to learn different words and their meanings.
I read to learn new words just like the poster above me, but also because I can enter someone else's world and see it from their perspective. There are many reasons, but thats just to list a few.

Invisible Genius

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
First of all I admire the creative minds who write such complex stories. Being able to get lost in a story and feel what the characters feel, sometimes even identifying with them. It's incredible. Also, being able to picture every detail is wonderful.

6,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I read because words have a way of lifting my spirits and it motivates my brain to use its imagination.

non creative's Waifu

I read because the moment you pick up a book it seems to be the only time when you will ever be swept off your feet by someone through these sheets of paper are telling you that they will keep you company that whatever you ate going through can be forgotten good or bad in sentences in a world that you only wish you could be a part of and for seconds when you are lost in there you are and become part of what brings more than happiness but also satisfaction, it's like drinking water it's to me at least a need for survival everyone needs water and every needs to read it's more than words and letters it's an art full of beauty and being able to witness all that kind of magic is why I read
It's a good way to forget the world around us. Also helps fuel the imagination. I read because it gives me freedom.

Newbie Member

Mostly because I want new perspectives and knowledge, and because I find it relaxing.

Smitten Kitten

16,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
I read for inspiration, and to quiet my mind before bed. Without reading, I think and think and cry and think some more, and I'll finally fall asleep around 4am.

Usually that doesn't make me a better person the day after, haha.
        ✿ I read to clear my mind and step into another person's shoes.

Lonely Phantom

11,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100
Reading is the gateway to another person's world. You get a glimpse into their minds, their beliefs, their imagination. Books are authors letting us look into what they have spent a large chunk of their lives developing and crafting. I love exploring what they have created and what they have to say.
I enjoy how it can help me unwind and relax. Finding myself in the perspective of a character whom I can see unfolding as I continue to read throughout the chapters makes me feel as though I'm getting to know them.

Angelic Gaian

14,650 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
i love getting lost in other worlds and realities that aren't my own. also as a person that stays at home and doesn't party , reading about parties and such is like learning about them and in a way experiencing them. relating to book characters is amazing.

Bashful Bibliophile

31,215 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Crack Shot 50
gaia_star I read because the real world just isn't cool enough. gaia_star

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers