Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you have any specific books you are planning on reading?

My goal is to read at least 1 classic book a month, maybe 2.

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
I'm sure you'll read more than one classical book every month! (:

I'll probably read more classical books this year especially when I got a nook for Xmas. I love classical books and, once I get my debit account, I'll be able to purchase books. Right now I can only download samples. XD

Idk what I'll read. I have sooo many books to read. @_________@ at least I don't have to worry about what to read then. Heh.
Sevi Rais
I'm sure you'll read more than one classical book every month! (:

I'll probably read more classical books this year especially when I got a nook for Xmas. I love classical books and, once I get my debit account, I'll be able to purchase books. Right now I can only download samples. XD

Idk what I'll read. I have sooo many books to read. @_________@ at least I don't have to worry about what to read then. Heh.

Many classics are free on Nook, if you go to bn.com you can find them. Or if your library offers ebooks you can get them.

I'm not a big fan of Classics, so I have to force myself to read them.

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
stacy_medina

Many classics are free on Nook, if you go to bn.com you can find them. Or if your library offers ebooks you can get them.

I'm not a big fan of Classics, so I have to force myself to read them.
yeah, I'm trying to find them. XD I did find a collection of old books--25 for just a buck. (: So I want to get it. I'm also going to download the overdrive app from bn.com but I need a credit or debit card. I closed my debit card earlier last year, but I'll open up another one this month (though I'd rather do it when my check finally comes in @______@). Ah, waiting! It's the hardest part. XD

But I think I'll rent The French Revolution first mainly because of the story behind its making. For now, I need to read the books my grandma let me borrow. Haha.
stacy_medina
Do you have any specific books you are planning on reading?

My goal is to read at least 1 classic book a month, maybe 2.

Well its really too early to tell. its the 4th confused

This year i really want to get into more audiobooks. apart from that i really want to read some more poems. i only got into them last year. apart from that im going to read fantasy and horror my fav genures

6,900 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
I hope to get up to speed with George R.R. Martins a Song of Ice and Fire series. I have just started the third book, hope to acquire the fouth and fifth as well and then when finished wait along with all the other fans for the coming of the last two books.(Though I can comfort myself watching the tv series while waiting.)

Further I started the journey in Clive Barker's Abarat series last year too, I have finished the first novel and the second one is standing on the shelf waiting for me. Would also really like to finish this series.

And lastly I also still have the Terry Prattchett book Thief of Time waiting on me. I bought it in April last year when I was on a Discworld reading craze. But for some reason that book just didn't pull me in so I put it away for another time.

That's all the books I know I will read this year for sure, who knows what else will cross my path.

Timely Traveler

20,450 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Well, I've got an ongoing goal of reading all the Hugo award winners, which I started last year and I'll be continuing into this year. Trying for at least one a month of those. I'm also trying to get back into fantasy more and some older classics as well. I've actually started attempting a to-read list for the year because usually I have a ton of stuff I mean to read and then I get sidetracked and never get around to it. So I'm hoping writing it up and posting it somewhere where I can see it often will help.
There are at least three Star Trek novels coming out next year, that have my interest. And a new I, Robot prequel I can't wait to get my hands on.
I know I'll be reading Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare, Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead, and the rest of the House of Night series by PC Cast, Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine, and the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard.

Also want to include some classics like Les Miserables, Sherlock Holmes and Anne something-with-a-K.

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I have an entire bookshelf that is overflowing with books, literally. I have no room on it anymore and my boyfriend is getting mad at me because the ones that don't fit are spilling over in front of our bedroom door. So I need to work on those, a variety of authors and genres. 3nodding
BreathLessX
I know I'll be reading Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare, Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead, and the rest of the House of Night series by PC Cast, Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine, and the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard.

Also want to include some classics like Les Miserables, Sherlock Holmes and Anne something-with-a-K.

Anna Karenina?

Have you read Princesses of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George? For some reason with your reading list I think you might like it. Or I just liked it and think others should read it too.
stacy_medina
BreathLessX

Anna Karenina?

Have you read Princesses of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George? For some reason with your reading list I think you might like it. Or I just liked it and think others should read it too.

Yes, that's it! I saw the preview for the movie with Jude Law, and I just have to read it~

That sounds interesting, actually. I love books that have a mysterious curse inflicted on the characters.
BreathLessX
stacy_medina
BreathLessX

Anna Karenina?

Yes, that's it! I saw the preview for the movie with Jude Law, and I just have to read it~

That sounds interesting, actually. I love books that have a mysterious curse inflicted on the characters.

It is a seriously good book, and even better, the entire trilogy is out so you don't have to wait a year for the next book.
stacy_medina
BreathLessX
stacy_medina
BreathLessX

Anna Karenina?

It is a seriously good book, and even better, the entire trilogy is out so you don't have to wait a year for the next book.

How many books are there?
BreathLessX
stacy_medina
BreathLessX
stacy_medina
BreathLessX

Anna Karenina?

How many books are there?
3 books. The last just came out last month.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff