Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which Fairy Tale Princess was your favorite?

Sleeping Beauty 0.11538461538462 11.5% [ 3 ]
Snow White 0.038461538461538 3.8% [ 1 ]
Cinderella 0.19230769230769 19.2% [ 5 ]
Rapunzel 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 2 ]
Other 0.57692307692308 57.7% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 26 ]
This poll closed on September 22, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3

Shameless Hoarder

User Image

I can't think of any real fairy tales I even knew, unless we're counting Disney versions, in which case: The Little Mermaid.

I did have a favorite Tall Tale (apparently there's a difference), though.. Paul Bunyan & Babe the Blue Ox. surprised I loved Babe the most. <3

Funnily, my love of oversized animals continues to this day.

User Image

Interesting Friend

2,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
cerebral ulcer
User Image

I can't think of any real fairy tales I even knew, unless we're counting Disney versions, in which case: The Little Mermaid.

I did have a favorite Tall Tale (apparently there's a difference), though.. Paul Bunyan & Babe the Blue Ox. surprised I loved Babe the most. <3

Funnily, my love of oversized animals continues to this day.

User Image

i agree

Eloquent Genius

Not sure if this counts, but Bambi.
We had the Disney VHS as our only movie growing up so I saw it too many times to count. I found the book in my Grandma's book case when I was 8 or so, and asked her if I could read it. Every time we went to her apartment I would read a bit more. When she had moved out she had to get rid of it. Later on I had asked her why she didn't give it to me (I was about 12). She told me that if I had it or she kept it, I'd be soaked up in a book the whole time we'd visit her.

I don't think I read a book while visiting somebody since heart
I loved The Little Mermaid, until someone got me a copy of the original version of it, where she turns to seafoam.
I cried for days over that.
Afterwards, I turned to Beauty and the beast. Belle is wonderful. emotion_kirakira

Dangerous Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
The Robber Bridegroom. Such an early warning fable about serial killers, rather than princesses and being honest, or some s**t like that. I did also heavily enjoy the original version of the Little Mermaid, though.

Heart Hunter

9,650 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Full closet 200
Cain The Cannibal
The Robber Bridegroom. Such an early warning fable about serial killers, rather than princesses and being honest, or some s**t like that. I did also heavily enjoy the original version of the Little Mermaid, though.
Ooh, I've read that one. That's what I love about the original Grimm's tales, they're so much darker than the fluffy ones we have today. I've never read the actual "Little Mermaid" ,but I once owned "The Little Mermaid" DVD, so I was aware that she turned to sea foam in the original. From what I can remember, the story of the author himself is almost even more tragic than what happened to the mermaid in his book.

Heart Hunter

9,650 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Full closet 200
Anmras
Not sure if this counts, but Bambi.
We had the Disney VHS as our only movie growing up so I saw it too many times to count. I found the book in my Grandma's book case when I was 8 or so, and asked her if I could read it. Every time we went to her apartment I would read a bit more. When she had moved out she had to get rid of it. Later on I had asked her why she didn't give it to me (I was about 12). She told me that if I had it or she kept it, I'd be soaked up in a book the whole time we'd visit her.

I don't think I read a book while visiting somebody since heart
Aww. I'm not sure if Bambi counts, though. Was "Bambi" originally a book intended as a fairy tale or was it something that Walt Disney came up with? When I was little, I was obsessed with "The Lion King". I don't know why, I just was.

Friendly Explorer

I think mine is Hansel and Gretel.

My favorite American Folk Tales are John Henry and Pecos Bill. :3
The Nightingale and Hans Christian Anderson's The Little Mermaid.

I have a thing for tragic endings, evidently.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff